PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > The Simpsons Arcade
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-08-2012, 01:19 AM   #1
d00gler

C Wrecks's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
18mb?

I was sad to see that the download for this game was only 18mb in size. I know quantity doesn't mean quality, and in this case the price was for the nostalgia factor, but I wish someone could've improved the original arcade more than just adding the japanese and online modes. The game could've been re-sized to fit the HDTV in full widescreen instead of being boxed in the middle of my screen, for example. The recently re-released Guardian Heroes is a good example of a proper re-release, not saying Simpsons was not good.

I have watched the Simpsons since it first aired in its scribbly goodness in the 80's and played the arcade game since it debuted in the 90's. I just wish the game also included something from the past 20 years, even if it's not playable like fullscreen HD, or if it has the option to be turned on or off, played or not played, so as not to insult anyone that may not want the original changed.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:54 AM   #2
Paul Canniff

Look what happened when they tried to "improve" Turtles In Time. It ended up being far inferior to the original arcade version. I approve of them not touching a thing. I wish Turtles In Time had been released in its original form.
Paul Canniff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 04:59 AM   #3
PeachyRedDog78

PeachyRedDog78's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Canniff View Post
Look what happened when they tried to "improve" Turtles In Time. It ended up being far inferior to the original arcade version. I approve of them not touching a thing. I wish Turtles In Time had been released in its original form.

Couldn't agree more... When I purchase this one it will be to remember how it was playing it in its original style. Any major modifications would just cheapen the memory and negate any reason I had for making the purchase
PeachyRedDog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:56 PM   #4
Cammulder

Cammulder's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by d00gler View Post
The game could've been re-sized to fit the HDTV in full widescreen instead of being boxed in the middle of my screen, for example.
I totally agree with this. No reason why they couldn't fill out the screen. I love that the X-Men re-release did this.
Cammulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:04 AM   #5
d00gler

C Wrecks's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachyRedDog78 View Post
Couldn't agree more... When I purchase this one it will be to remember how it was playing it in its original style. Any major modifications would just cheapen the memory and negate any reason I had for making the purchase
I remember playing at the arcade on this game for what seems like a couple hours, but playing through this was so quick. I guess feeding quarters into the machine back then made each life seem more valuable than 'Press Start to Continue'.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:05 AM   #6
davezpsp

KingRodedog's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammulder View Post
I totally agree with this. No reason why they couldn't fill out the screen. I love that the X-Men re-release did this.
If anyone out there does remember, X-Men basically was a widescreen game. All the cabinets I played had two screens in it...

1st PS3: 11/22/12-??/??/??
1st Xbox: 01/25/09-11/24/10(DVD Fail)
2nd Xbox: 12/23/10-10/02/11(DVD Fail)
3rd Xbox: 10/02/11-??/??/??
10,000GS: 08/28/10
20,000GS: 10/09/10
30,000GS: 12/09/10
40,000GS: 04/06/11
50,000GS: 12/29/11
davezpsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:16 AM   #7
Sgt Scyther

Sgt Scyther's Gamercard
I'm just happy that after years of waiting this game FINALLY got a home console release. I was starting to think that would never happen.

Basically, I'll take what we can get.

Last Completed Retail: BioShock Infinite
Last Completed Arcade: Sonic the Fighters
Nothing personal, but I do not accept random friend requests.
Sgt Scyther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:24 PM   #8
FFFreak1129

FFFreak1129's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Canniff View Post

I agree. Turtles in Time was such a disappointment to me. Would have much rather they left it the way it was. I'm so glad this game didn't get the "remake" treatment.
FFFreak1129 is offline   Reply With Quote