PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-29-2013, 05:05 PM   #61
GeneralGranko

Send a message via Skype™ to GeneralGranko

xX forEV3R Xx's Gamercard
At first 2 triathlons I was bitchin they are way too easy, at this one - we got extremely long, boring and kinda hard triathlon, terrible 28 minutes wasted! (my time was 28min:00sec:--)

Well, I only now have the collectibles to go for (stuntjumps, under the bridge, letter scraps and ufo parts = 200 boring collectibles, gonna take some time...)

Canīt wait for GTA: Online, think it will be much better than the SP part of the game...
rockyzz@seznam.cz

Playing now: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (PC)
Need players for:
CoD: BO2 Apocalypse DLC - Easter Egg

GeneralGranko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 06:00 PM   #62
cjdavies

cjdavies82's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I am doing it now, having a rest after the swimming one, then another rest after cycling.

18 mins in now on cycling, have to stop for a rest, having tingles in my hands!!

Fuck sake, just got forfeited for killing someone along the beach, fucking spectators!!

Second attempt finally done it, didn't bother tapping A as fast this time as I knew the cycling must be programmed for them to overtake you then you overtake them. The running straight after cycling seemed slow lol.

Last edited by cjdavies; 09-29-2013 at 07:22 PM.
cjdavies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 07:52 PM   #63
MutantFish

MutantFishHands's Gamercard
This Triathlon sucked so bad.
MutantFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:45 PM   #64
Starkweather

starkweatherxc's Gamercard
After recent update it now shows as undone in my game, anyone else have this. I finished it ages ago with Trevor, no way I am doing it again!!
Old 10-02-2013, 02:53 PM   #65
Nirumano

Nirumano's Gamercard
guess i play too much, didnt get tired at all from the mashing but got annoyed by having to do it for that long.
Old 10-02-2013, 02:55 PM   #66
jbaruch76

I got nervous because i could not overtake anyone on the swimming session, then the bike i ran towards was grabbed by someone and i had to run to the furthest bike. Was able to pass most ppl during that section and then easily finished first through the running. I noticed it made no difference if i was mashing the a button like a crazy person or just casually tapping it continuously.
jbaruch76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:17 PM   #67
Armed Madman

This triathlon took me by surprise, both of the others only took about 5 min. 28 Min later finally cross the finish line. Did anyone else take a break after each event (swimming & cycling)?
Armed Madman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:09 PM   #68
rymajn

rymajn's Gamercard
Rockstar can be such dicks, but I love them.
Old 10-02-2013, 06:58 PM   #69
Topblue

PPF17's Gamercard
Just finished this one in 25:52 and got a sodding silver! Some knob jockey came from nowhere and beat me on the line!
Old 10-02-2013, 07:18 PM   #70
SuperSpartanSam

SamSonite004's Gamercard
Did it on my second attempt. I was pretty much dead last in the swimming part and in 1st/2nd/3rd throughout the biking part. It wasn't until I got to running that I dominated to 1st place.

I would recommend when you get to the beach during the bike section that you take extra precaution and slow down when going around corners.

Now Playing: Borderlands 2
Coming Soon: ????
SuperSpartanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:42 PM   #71
Frasr

Frasr's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbaruch76 View Post
I got nervous because i could not overtake anyone on the swimming session, then the bike i ran towards was grabbed by someone and i had to run to the furthest bike. Was able to pass most ppl during that section and then easily finished first through the running. I noticed it made no difference if i was mashing the a button like a crazy person or just casually tapping it continuously.
^ Exactly the same as me haha

Frasr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:29 PM   #72
lornesbored

Lorne117's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinelesS View Post
Hated the third triathlon, especially the part with the bike riders passing me even though I had unlimited stamina and I was mashing the A button like crazy.

Completed it with Michael, would have to buy one of those controllers with a turbo button before even thinking of trying it for a second time with a different character.

Why do it a second time?

Grapes.
lornesbored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:39 PM   #73
VyzieTaur

VyzieTaur's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Was already not looking forward to this (being in call with my mate while he did it was enough to put me off) and reading this thread hasn't changed my mind! I just know I have to do it at some point but I'm still putting it off for now!

http://duxter.com/VyzieTaur - Social networking for gamers!
VyzieTaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:02 AM   #74
IceGrip96

IceGrip96's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoraExploresMe View Post
28 minutes of bashing the A button..I think I need a new controller
I can vouch for that lol...

I pressed A more times in this 29 Minutes than the 6 Years I had my 360 lol ><
IceGrip96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 03:36 PM   #75
mr_FOS NL

mr fos's Gamercard
raged out! was last after the swimming, got runover try to get to a bike, fight one opponent for a bike which I could not get on, after all 7 were gone there was one bike left like 50 meters back. F*CK you Rockstar!

mr_FOS NL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:24 PM   #76
Black Barney

Black Barney's Gamercard
They should really max out your stamina for finishing the 3rd triathlon. I barely finished the swimming in 1st place then jumped on my bike and quickly hit the d pad twice to the right to turn on the headlight

,.,oops

it quit me out of the event and I had to redo the ten minutes of swimming. Again I barely finished first using almost all my stamina. THen a weird thing happened, for the bike and running, I had max stamina which would never go down. But even with maxed stamina and spamming the A button, I couldn't do better than 3rd or 4th place in the cycling. The guy in 1st was WAY ahead and luckily the other guy near me crashed into a pedestrian. yay!

I finally catch up to the first bike at the very end and quickly take off running, leaving a HUGE gap of them behind me for some reason (maybe the maxed stamina?) and luckily finish 1st. Glad to never do it again.

As much as I hated it, it reminded me of the Endurance races of Forza and it made you feel the pain along with your runner in some ways. I liked it
Black Barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:49 PM   #77
DEADHEAD60K

DEADHEAD60K's Gamercard
What i did was tap A for 5 or 6 minutes pause the game, go do something else, come back tap some more, pause it again, tap some more. It took a lot longer than 28 minutes but at least I wasn't irritated and didn't have a dead hand.
DEADHEAD60K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 12:51 AM   #78
Killerchronic

Ki11erC's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom115 View Post
Had to try this three times. First time I failed at 15 minutes because I tried to put my lights on on the bike - stupid, I know. Then second time I hit a pedestrian at 23 minutes and failed. Third time I did it. So frustrating.
I did something similar to lights on a bike, i tried to reload my bike after a crash... In this at the very least that dam button should be HOLD not PRESS >< lol

Whats actually worse is i did it twice both on the biking stage so 10+ mins in, screw you muscle memory

Have done, swimming they catch up a bit, biking they somehow get nitro, what the fuck that is i dont know but they slow down again and its easy to keep first (no one crashed in mine till the very end, i think the guy might of died too, he hit a truck and it never stopped even after lol), but the running part, you just hammer A and as long as you have max stam you just lose them in seconds. Actually can't see how you get anything but first in these, running is silly once you have the infinite stam.
30k Hit - 05/07/10
40k Hit - 13/09/10
50K Hit - 31/05/11

Last edited by Killerchronic; 10-13-2013 at 12:54 AM.
Killerchronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 01:07 AM   #79
Dz06lt

DZ06LT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
I cannot believe they would put something so stupid into the game
Old 10-13-2013, 03:46 AM   #80
S33 PLE

S33PLE's Gamercard
This whole thing was a joke. The only time i was in 1st place was in the last 30 seconds. Is it me or did them bike riders keep having nitrous ?

*I have actually damaged the "A" button on a 4 week old genuine slim controller

I have to press it 2 maybe 3 times for it to register now, from smashing the "A" button in general in this whole game. Lucky I had a spare.
S33 PLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:45 AM   #81
A ZombieTwinkie

A ZombieTwinkie's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I had a complete dumb ass attack the first time I attempted this. I had just finished the swimming part. Got onto the bike, and not even 15 seconds later, for whatever reason, I saw the light on the bike and was like 'Hey. Light. Let's see if I can turn it off!' As I was spamming the , before I knew what happened, I exited the race.

Gave in and decided to attack it like 30 minutes later and finished it. Though I do agree it was a little odd that the random biker would pass you, then wipe out moments later.

*Props to G A C K T for the awesome sig*

A ZombieTwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:25 AM   #82
Zombymario

Zombymario's Gamercard
I was tapping the a button for 20 minutes, I was driving the bike and I reached the beach. But there was a sharp turn to the right. R* has the guts to put spectators in that sharp turn. So I ran 1 over with my bike > I had to do that all over again.

Second try, got it
Old 10-13-2013, 09:39 AM   #83
CrucianSTX

CharlyBwoy's Gamercard
It took me 2 tries
CrucianSTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:56 AM   #84
Onyx Destiny

Send a message via Skype™ to Onyx Destiny

Onyx Destiny's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Yup, 28 mins of thumb destruction ):

RETAIL COMPLETED - 6
ARCADE COMPLETED - 4
W8/IOS COMPLETED - 1
Onyx Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 11:04 AM   #85
Purple Wedge

Purple Wedge's Gamercard
Yeah this one was a pain in the backside, button mashing for around 30 minutes
Purple Wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 03:50 PM   #86
oozero

ooz3r0's Gamercard
How did you guys stay in first the whole time? I just tried this earlier and the AI was smoking my A$$. I have stamina maxed out. I was struggling to just stay in 3rd, and the 1st place player was like literally 2-3 check points ahead of me at all times, and some how the AI would just randomly fly past me. I did not crash into anything, didnt fall, didnt stop running, or anything.. I eventually quit around the 15 min mark once I knew I was not going to win.
oozero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 05:19 PM   #87
slmmzy

slmmzy's Gamercard
I lost first place at the very last second but I didn't really care I was just glad to complete it in the medal places. This event can do legitimate damage to your controller.
Old 10-18-2013, 06:43 PM   #88
shooterking69

mastershoter's Gamercard
Lol some of your guys thumbs are out of shape

I don't know what happened but luckily I was in some sort of derp mode and I never realized how long it was until the game told me.

"Golly, I Better Make Batman A Sandwich Before He Slaps Me Like The Bitch I Am." -Superman
shooterking69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:21 PM   #89
Calv1n

Calv1n DT's Gamercard
Red face Hated it.

I finally finished this triathlon after a failure the first time.

First time mishaps:
-15:30: Hit a street sign and fell of my bike.
-18:20: Hit a guardrail and went over face first.
-21:40: Hit a street lamp and died due to brain cave-in.

Despite this, i tried again (at the expense of my thumbs) and finished with first.
Old 10-25-2013, 12:25 AM   #90
CaptainSpanner

CaptainSpanner's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Oh my... This was the worst thing about the triathlons... The first 2 are kinda fun, the 3rd made me wanna hunt for some rope...