Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Off Topic > Member Profiles
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-25-2008, 10:18 PM   #1
Ingles

Send a message via MSN to Ingles

JIng1es's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Road Map - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Bright Idea   A+ Thread Award   Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Question New/Current Members: Got a question about x360a? Look here to find answers.

NOTE: This thread will be going through several updated changes in the near future to accomodate the multitude of information in the threads. I feel like it's time to breathe some new life into this thread so that is exactly what I intend to do in the coming weeks ahead. For any questions, comments, or suggestions, please either respond in this thread, send me a private message, or post on my wall. Thank you.

First off, let me be among the first to welcome you to Xbox360Achievement.org! If you are reading this then you’ve not only decided to join us but you have also managed to get registered with the site as well. Know that we are glad to have you and hope you are as excited as we are to be a part of the x360a community!

Provided below is a guide, no... a walkthrough, no... a handbook, no... a repository of all the things you will want (or not want) to know about x360a and about how to navigate the forums. So whether you are a new member of x360a or an old member who has maybe forgotten a few things and want a refresher, then hopefully this is the thread for you.

Let's begin.

Last edited by Ingles; 05-02-2012 at 12:13 AM.
Ingles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 01:06 AM   #2
Ingles

JIng1es's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Road Map - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Bright Idea   A+ Thread Award   Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1
General Information

[When did it start and who all was involved?]

[Who are the staff at x360a?]
If you are curious as to who the real brains and work horses behind this massive gaming site are, then please feel free to look them up [HERE] and [HERE].

[What does x360a have to offer me?]
This is where you will be excited to know that we do more than just tell you how to get all of the achievements in a game. Yes, achievements are the bread and butter of our website but we figured “Why not raise the stakes and make things more enjoyable here than they already are? Let’s go above and beyond and see what happens.” With this frame of mind many additions, upgrades, and modifications have happened over the years including but not limited to:
  • Game & DLC News
  • Game & DLC Reviews / Previews
  • Windows Phone 7 Game Achievements / Reviews / Previews
  • Achievement Guides
  • Road Maps
  • Competitive Gamerscore League (GSL)
  • Contest & Prizes
  • Community Tournaments
  • Subscriber Only Tournaments
  • … and an overall great gaming community!
And just to think… We’re still growing!

[Rules & Regulations]
With everything you do in life there are rules and regulations that govern how you do them and so on and so forth. It is no different here at x360a and all community members are expected to adhere to them. To view these rules, click [HERE]. To anyone not following them, infractions and bans are handed out accordingly as seen fit by the staff members.

[Ultimate Guide to x360a]
If you have any questions about the main site or how to navigate your way around, definitely be sure to check out the Ultimate Guide to x360a thread [HERE] which was written up by Skillet. Also if you are new to forums in general and even if you are not, this guide shows in-depth details on all the features that are included in the forums and how to go about using each.

I strongly recommend taking the time to look over these as they will save you a ton of time when searching for information about a particular game, game add-on (DLC content), or to find some help with a particular game from another community member.

[My360Achievements / Forum Gamertag Setup]
For those of you who have been wondering how to link your gamertag to the forums, wonder no more! Here you'll find your answer along with information for how to go about keeping track of all of those achievements you've earned along the way. Simple click [HERE].

Last edited by Ingles; 05-02-2012 at 12:14 AM.
Old 01-28-2008, 01:06 AM   #3
Ingles

JIng1es's Gamercard

New/Current Members: Got a question about x360a? Look here to find answers.

[Profile & Signatures]
For things like setting up your gamertag with x360a, 100% clubs, achievement case, collection/wishlist, MyAchievements, and sharing your profile information, go [HERE]. The Pants Party wrote a really easy to understand setup and upkeep thread detailing all of those things.

Note: In order for your 100% clubs to populate, you must sign up to be on the leaderboards here at x360a.

[Leaderboards]
Since the site has been completely re-designed from top to bottom, you must sign back up for the leaderboards if you would like to appear on them. There are a few set requirements that are outlined in the leaderboard thread. To sign up for the leaderboards here on x360a, go [HERE].

Old 01-28-2008, 01:07 AM   #4
Ingles

JIng1es's Gamercard

Console Information

[How do I clear the cache on my Xbox 360 console?]
Go to the My Xbox menu option. From here you can hit the button until you get to where it says System Settings. Go down to where it shows Memory and press .

Simply choose the memory device that you want to erase the cache for and then press . There will be an option that says "Clear System Cache". You will get a message stating: "This will perform maintenance on your Xbox 360 storage devices. Do you want to continue?". Select "Yes" and that's it; you're all done!

[Xbox Live Status]
If you are unsure whether or not Xbox Live and/or any of the services tied to it are up and running, here's the place to go check! [Link]

[What does clearing the cache on my Xbox 360 console do?]
Generally gamers will clear the cache if their system seems to become unresponsive or sluggish in any way. If a game update has patched an achievement where there was once a glitch performed in order to obtain it, this will take care of that problem. While clearing the cache on your Xbox 360 is a very straightforward process, there are some things to note:

It will:
  • Remove any game updates from your console. These are updates that are needed to play on Xbox Live. These are also often referred to as "patches" for a game.
It will not:
  • Remove your game save data
  • Remove any game add-ons that you have downloaded
  • Remove your gamertag profile
  • Remove any demos, videos, or music from your console

Old 01-28-2008, 01:17 AM   #5
Ingles

JIng1es's Gamercard

Supporting Xbox360achievements.org

Interested in Helping Support x360a.org?
If you like the site and enjoy what you see here at x360a, we also ask that you consider donating to the website if possible. By no means are you obligated to donate as it is strictly up to you. However, if you would like to make a donation, it doesn't have to be any certain amount just whatever you think is suitable and can afford. The links for donating and/or subscribing to x360a can be found at the top of the forums page as well as in this thread. Again there is nothing saying that you have to donate, it's solely optional and doesn't in any way affect membership to the site or it's content. Here at x360a, we appreciate any and all support and again would like to welcome you to x360a and hope you enjoy being a member as well as having as much fun as we do getting achievements accomplished! There are tons of friendly names around the forums and loads of gamers, myself included, who would love to play games, any game, and get set up some party matches of nothing but good solid clean fun gaming!
  • What benefits does subscribing to x360a have? How do I go about subscribing? Click HERE to have those questions answered.
  • Want to represent x360a? Click HERE for details.
If you have any further questions or comments that weren't answered here, please post with your question and/or comments. No guarantee's or promises as I am only one person, but I'll try to do my best to dig through the forums to discover the information for you and have this thread updated when I do. I'll also send you a PM (Private Message) giving you the link of where you can find the information you were looking for if you haven't already found it by that time. The best advice I can give is to just browse around the forums, use the search feature, get acquainted with them and the content in each and you'll better know where to look for things.

Also if anyone finds any mistakes (typos, incorrect links, etc...) please PM me and I'll get it corrected A.S.A.P.! You have no idea just how many tabs I have loaded up in Firefox right now. I have to scroll through them all.

Again as I said, I'm only one person but I'll do my best and do appreciate any and all feedback. More importantly, I'm going to be updating this as often as possible so that it stays as current as possible. Be sure to keep checking back to see what has been updated.

Special Thanks:
Of course special thanks are in order for all who have helped in making this thread better than what it was when I first started it. Whether it be a helping hand (with mod powers) or helping with ideas for new content and things to help new members and even some current members become more acquainted with x360a. So I'd like to say "Thank you" to those names following. If I've forgotten someone, I apologize, just send me a quick PM and I'll get you on here as well.

Jdm7399 - Huge thanks definitely goes to Jdm first before anyone else because he helped me to get the thread situated and a little more organized for our members. Also, for showing support as a mod for this thread and knowing, as much as I know, that it's going to help a lot of members of x360a now and in the future! Not to mention, thanks for the sticky Jdm!

Marx0r - Thanks to Marx0r for submitting in new ideas, things to include that are very useful in this thread and very beneficial to our new/current members! Also would like to thank Marx0r for helping me keep the links updated as well.

Old 01-28-2008, 11:44 PM   #6
Jdm

Jdm7399's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 3   Bright Idea   5,000 Posts   Member of the Month   A+ Thread Award   Word of Mouth   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Let the Posting resume!

Facebook ME!
Old 01-28-2008, 11:47 PM   #7
Marx0r

Send a message via MSN to Marx0r

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   Donator - Level 3   Member of the Month   A+ Thread Award   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tournament - Final 4   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Gold   Word of Mouth
Try this for the staff part:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...s.php?#award87

And the future is certain, give us time to work it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the b1ues View Post
Your an idiot
Marx0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 06:32 AM   #8
Ingles

JIng1es's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marx0r View Post
Thanks for the link. I don't know why I didn't think to link there in the first place. The page on the main site still needs to be updated I do believe. Thanks Marx0r!

Old 01-29-2008, 06:49 AM   #9
Jdm

Jdm7399's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 3   Bright Idea   5,000 Posts   Member of the Month   A+ Thread Award   Word of Mouth   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingles55 View Post
Thanks for the link. I don't know why I didn't think to link there in the first place. The page on the main site still needs to be updated I do believe. Thanks Marx0r!
The Page on the Main Site does need to be updated.

Yours' Truly's name isn't even on there yet.

Facebook ME!
Old 01-30-2008, 03:58 AM   #10
Ingles

JIng1es's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdm7399 View Post
The Page on the Main Site does need to be updated.

Yours' Truly's name isn't even on there yet.
Yes, it does. They should definitely include you on there! Even though I'm going to have a separate thanks section, I'm going to go ahead and thank you Jdm for helping with the small fix I needed for this forum. That was awesome and couldn't have asked for a quicker response either.

Old 02-28-2008, 07:17 PM   #11
DaKiDD

DaKiDD2's Gamercard
Quick question, was wondering how you update your "My checklist" to reflect your Gamercard or is that an ADMIN function?
DaKiDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 07:23 PM   #12
xGodDogx

xGodDogx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaKiDD View Post
Quick question, was wondering how you update your "My checklist" to reflect your Gamer card or is that an ADMIN function?
Games Achievements need to be updated by you daily/weekly/monthly or what ever. You have to you the button Enable/Disable button to get the checklist to pop up and then click the achievements you have and at the bottom of the page you an then save the achievements you have.
xGodDogx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 02:26 AM   #13
KSI F1GHT3R

KSI F1GHT3R's Gamercard
How you Get The Signature thing to work?...
KSI F1GHT3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 08:00 PM   #14
Ingles

JIng1es's Gamercard

Cool Good questions.

Thanks for posting the questions guys. Sorry that I wasn't able to respond at the time you asked them. I've been in the process of moving and just got a new computer, so I'm up and running again. I'll be sure and update with information and answers on how to get those items up and running, and how to add the signatures as well. Thanks for the input. If you think of any other questions, let us know. This goes for anyone who reads this thread. If you can think of anything not mentioned in here, I'll be sure and add that to the thread as well.

Old 03-29-2008, 12:30 AM   #15
SengIV

Seng IV's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Silver   x360a Book Club   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Do not know if this will help but I made this for my friend:

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Peace.

LOTS OF NEW ITEMS
MORE THAN 60+ GAMES FOR SALE
APRIL 2014 LISTING

SengIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 12:04 AM   #16
Ingles

JIng1es's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SengIV View Post
Do not know if this will help but I made this for my friend:

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Peace.
Hey, thanks for the input! I'll go ahead and get a template up for the format that you've proposed and implement it a little later to see how it looks/works. I think parts of it will be a good idea.

Edit: I think the reason I hadn't tried using a template of that format for the layout of this thread is simply because each thread already tells what each one entails in them. I feel that to an extent, that would be redundant but we'll see what we can get worked up.

Last edited by Ingles; 03-31-2008 at 02:05 PM.
Old 04-16-2008, 02:45 AM   #17
Im Justa Newb

Im Justa Newb's Gamercard
Thanks for the info, its a good reference to things I'm not used to.
100% Retail (21): Avatar, Call of Duty 2, Call of Duty 4, Fight Night 3, Halo 3, Need for Speed Most Wanted, TMNT, NBA 2K6, Bully Scholarship Edition, NCAA Football 08, The Simpsons Game, Eragon, NCAA Football 07, Madden NFL 06, Cars, Madden NFL 08, X-Men: The Official Game, Spiderman: FoF, DiRT, NCAA March Madness 08, Tetris: Evolution, and some others I probably have now but just haven't updated yet. =\
Im Justa Newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 11:42 AM   #18
Ingles

JIng1es's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im Justa Newb View Post
Thanks for the info, its a good reference to things I'm not used to.
Your welcome! That was our hopeful intentions, that this thread would be of great use to many. If you have any questions that this thread may not answer, post them and I'll get the information as quickly as possible to place it up here.

Old 05-08-2008, 12:22 PM   #19
Branden2010

Send a message via AIM to Branden2010

The IronFrogMan's Gamercard
Thanks man closed up alot of loose ends for me. =]
Branden2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 01:12 PM   #20
Ingles

JIng1es's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branden2010 View Post
Thanks man closed up alot of loose ends for me. =]
Our intentions exactly.

Old 06-10-2008, 11:26 PM   #21
Parkerktm

Send a message via AIM to Parkerktm

JUST DO IT7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   5,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Just thought you should know the link for the joke thread doesn't work.

God Bless America

Parkerktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 04:25 AM   #22
Ingles

JIng1es's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkerktm View Post
Just thought you should know the link for the joke thread doesn't work.
I did a search and it seems as though our Joke thread vanished. I can only imagine it must have gotten slightly out of control and had to be deleted. If anyone finds the thread or one similar, please post the thread link and I'll be sure to update. Thanks.

Old 10-21-2008, 05:44 AM   #23
DakidJose

JReyes MX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Hi,I sign up last year but i really didn't use the website a lot until this year but how do i put my gamercard in my signature it always says "Invalid Url" this is the url "http://card.mygamercard.net/crest/DaKidJose.png" but i cant get it too work.....sorry for such a noobie question..

DakidJose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 12:41 PM   #24
Taker447

Taker447's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DakidJose View Post
Hi,I sign up last year but i really didn't use the website a lot until this year but how do i put my gamercard in my signature it always says "Invalid Url" this is the url "http://card.mygamercard.net/crest/DaKidJose.png" but i cant get it too work.....sorry for such a noobie question..

you want to be using the BB code not the URL

so copy and paste this into your sig. Without the spaces between the and [img] [/img] bit.

[ url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/DaKidJose][ img]http://card.mygamercard.net/DaKidJose.png[/img ][/url ]

Taker447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 08:23 PM   #25
wulles

wulles's Gamercard
How do I add a signature to my profile?

There are actually two ways to add your gamertag/signature into your profile for all to see on x360a. Below is one of them. Later on, I will add a small tutorial on how to add the other.

The first thing you will want to do is click User CP from the forum menu bar as shown below.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 798x121.

Then on your forum Control Panel, you will want to click where it says Edit Profile as shown below.

THERE IS NO OPTION " EDIT PROFIL" WHAT HAVE I TO DO TO GET MY GAMERCARD INTO MY PROFIL???????????????????????

And finally, all you have to do is scroll down to where it shows the Additional Information display. In this set of options, you will notice an option that says Gamertag. Simply type in your Xbox Live gamertag exactly as you have it spelled, click Save Changes and then your done!

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 734x491.
wulles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 08:46 PM   #26
Taker447

Taker447's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
@ Wulles

All that info is now under the section "Edit your details" at the very top of the pane.

Taker447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 05:40 PM   #27
DakidJose

JReyes MX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Taker447 I finally figured it out I was putting the BB code where it says upload signature picture then I read you have to click on the little yellow box with the mountain and put it there...Thanks....

DakidJose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 04:12 AM   #28
Ingles

JIng1es's Gamercard

I updated the section on adding your gamertag with new screens. Sorry about that guys and gals. I just finished finals for college this week so I've been a wee bit busy. I'm back in action.

Old 01-26-2009, 03:09 PM   #29
tatova2130

Send a message via AIM to tatova2130 Send a message via MSN to tatova2130 Send a message via Skype™ to tatova2130

Tatova2130's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
I wish I would have seen this thread before, because it really helps. I had to explore and find things out on my own, because i didn't know of this specific section. (for the most part)
tatova2130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:17 PM   #30
Ingles

JIng1es's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatova2130 View Post
I wish I would have seen this thread before, because it really helps. I had to explore and find things out on my own, because i didn't know of this specific section. (for the most part)
It's cool dude, that's what this is here for. That's a big part of the reason I started this thread. I was very similar in that I had to find a lot of things out by browsing around the forums. If you can think of anything else that needs to be adding or any other question that this thread may not answer, let me know and I'll add it to keep improving it.