PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Community and Events > Gamerscore League
Subscribe    Donate

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2013, 03:02 PM   #1
Grifter Reborn
CET Leader & Mod

Send a message via Skype™ to Grifter Reborn

Grifter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   Staff - Moderator   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff - Community and Events Team   x360a Representer   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Microsoft Bans: Need responses from GSL Participants

Anyone who downloaded free games by creating alternate accounts in different regions runs the risk of having their console banned. Anyone who has played those games with their current Gamertag runs the risk of having their 'tag banned. To find out more, read up on this link:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=542555

What we need is members who've signed up for GSL using this method. If your console is banned, you may still compete in GSL. However, if your 'tag is banned, you are removed from GSL as per the rules.

Please get in touch with your team to find out if any are at risk and please notify me. If you don't wish to publicly post this info, please use PM's. If you have a staff member on your team, just let them know as they have access to a thread in the staff forum to let us know.

Thank you for helping us stay on top of this.

Last edited by Creech; 09-28-2013 at 01:02 AM.
Old 09-27-2013, 03:38 PM   #2
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Why is it ok if you get console banned but not gt banned? A further more why are you punishing entire teams if 1 person is banned for marketplace theft? Makes no sense to kick out teams who didn't break the rules because one of their team members did.
Old 09-27-2013, 03:47 PM   #3
jackanape
Duchess Gummybuns

jackanape's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - rekikire   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff - Super Moderator   Road Map - Platinum   A+ Thread Award   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 37 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
Why is it ok if you get console banned but not gt banned? A further more why are you punishing entire teams if 1 person is banned for marketplace theft? Makes no sense to kick out teams who didn't break the rules because one of their team members did.
If you get console banned you can still use your gamertag on any other console. Therefore your actual profile isn't really affected - in all honesty if that happens to someone then we don't even need to know about it (unless they only have one console and don't have access to another and think they may need to withdraw).

As for the other point - that has been in the rules forever, so no point complaining about it now. If a member of a team gets their gamertag banned FOR ANY REASON then that team is out. The team in question would be down a player anyway and, at this late stage, there would be no time for replacements.

I think this post is only asking for a heads up because of the unusual nature of recent events, which could lead to a mass of bans. We just don't know at this point.
Old 09-27-2013, 03:50 PM   #4
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackanape View Post
If you get console banned you can still use your gamertag on any other console. Therefore your actual profile isn't really affected - in all honesty if that happens to someone then we don't even need to know about it (unless they only have one console and don't have access to another and think they may need to withdraw).

As for the other point - that has been in the rules forever, so no point complaining about it now. If a member of a team gets their gamertag banned FOR ANY REASON then that team is out. The team in question would be down a player anyway and, at this late stage, there would be no time for replacements.

I think this post is only asking for a heads up because of the unusual nature of recent events, which could lead to a mass of bans. We just don't know at this point.
Wasn't really complaining was just curious to why it was a rule, either way thanks for the reply. Wasn't aware that you weren't letting 3 player teams continue on even if they lost a player for whatever reason.
Old 09-27-2013, 03:57 PM   #5
jackanape
Duchess Gummybuns

jackanape's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - rekikire   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff - Super Moderator   Road Map - Platinum   A+ Thread Award   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 37 (more» ...)
Quote:
Wasn't really complaining was just curious to why it was a rule, either way thanks for the reply. Wasn't aware that you weren't letting 3 player teams continue on even if they lost a player for whatever reason.
This was actually mentioned in discussion for a future revision to the rules but we've decided to stick with it, as is, for the time being for a couple of reasons.

1) Anyone that is banned is out of the contest so their team would stand pretty much zero chance of winning.
2) We want people to vet and know their teammates as much as possible beforehand. This rule means that people are more likely to make sure their colleagues aren't doing anything suspicious. It doesn't always work (as seen this year) but it helps.
3) We used to allow substitutes in earlier GSL's and it led to A LOT of issues, accusations of cheating and drama. So the no subs rule has been present ever since.
Old 09-27-2013, 04:12 PM   #6
Gackt
Banned User

Quote:
This was actually mentioned in discussion for a future revision to the rules but we've decided to stick with it, as is, for the time being for a couple of reasons.

1) Anyone that is banned is out of the contest so their team would stand pretty much zero chance of winning.
2) We want people to vet and know their teammates as much as possible beforehand. This rule means that people are more likely to make sure their colleagues aren't doing anything suspicious. It doesn't always work (as seen this year) but it helps.
3) We used to allow substitutes in earlier GSL's and it led to A LOT of issues, accusations of cheating and drama. So the no subs rule has been present ever since.
You'd think I'd have know that having been here so long lol
As for number 1, seemed like most just wanted to contribute towards the cross site competition and not really caring much about "winning" the gsl vs other teams on x360a. Surely those teams wouldn't care about being a player short? Just seems like perhaps an exception could be made for this particular GSL since it's not like the other GSL's.
Old 09-27-2013, 05:37 PM   #7
Rapture639

Rapture639's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 2   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
The problem with that however, was that Microsoft wasn't really banning alot of people for doing the same thing when it came to gamerpics or older arcade titles over the last few years.

All of a sudden, it became an issue for them when it came to new retail and arcade games, so I doubt anyone would have known that this was going to be an issue weeks (or even months) after they did it.

Has any team been removed from the competition yet because of this? Will PS3T cut out teams from their competition in the interests of keeping the team sizes even?

Be a Hunter, not a Hater.
Keep Calm, and Achieve On!
MAL

Old 09-27-2013, 06:00 PM   #8
Chaz Of Sparta

Chaz Of Sparta's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
You'd think I'd have know that having been here so long lol
As for number 1, seemed like most just wanted to contribute towards the cross site competition and not really caring much about "winning" the gsl vs other teams on x360a. Surely those teams wouldn't care about being a player short? Just seems like perhaps an exception could be made for this particular GSL since it's not like the other GSL's.
Yeah, I would have loved to help out, a player short wouldn't have stopped me from contributing as much as I could. I can kind of see why they're doing it, but like you said, this GSL is slightly different and now I get to miss out on what would have been my first GSL.
Old 09-27-2013, 06:19 PM   #9
Grifter Reborn
CET Leader & Mod

Send a message via Skype™ to Grifter Reborn

Grifter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   Staff - Moderator   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff - Community and Events Team   x360a Representer   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture639 View Post

Has any team been removed from the competition yet because of this? Will PS3T cut out teams from their competition in the interests of keeping the team sizes even?
No one has been removed yet. We will post an updated count of teams when the number changes. We will not announce "hey 'such and such' and 'so and so' just got banned! That would be way out of line on our end. As far as PS3T is concerned, we have no control over what they do. We let them know what we can, when we can and go from there. We have a lot on our plate right now, so patience and helping us when we ask for it goes a long way.
Old 09-27-2013, 07:06 PM   #10
DOOKH8R

DOOKH8R's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 4   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
No problems with Trying is the First Step Toward Failure-Now with 37% More Apathy. None of us have the energy, time or desire to attempt to defraud the system.
Old 09-27-2013, 07:44 PM   #11
Corrupt.
Lapsed Completionist

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   Staff - Guide Team   Green Thumb - Gold   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Tyger7
Total Awards: 44 (more» ...)
My team seem to be okay. For now.
Old 09-27-2013, 08:17 PM   #12
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Awards Showcase You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Silver   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Ahh shit. Well I risk being banned I guess. I am heading out tonight and will be gone all weekend. I will be sure to tell my team to post in here with all updates on whether they did or did not get the free games.
Old 09-27-2013, 11:52 PM   #13
TVthePunisher

Send a message via AIM to TVthePunisher Send a message via MSN to TVthePunisher Send a message via Yahoo to TVthePunisher

TVthePunisher's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Bronze   Genre Competition - Second Place   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
So far I'm still out of commission as far as my slim goes. I do have a white Xbox 360 available, it requires a direct connection to a modem which doesn't prevent me from doing this competition so I'm still in. Well, assuming no other issues come up ^_^; I best get my old Xbox set up to make sure everything's good and golden!

Edit: And it's set up! I need dem component cables...but otherwise, it even has an HDD! Which my slim did not! Could be a refreshing change in pace...and for being an older model, it doesn't seem that loud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenderPowguin View Post
I'll support any post of CrazyMv94's that isn't whining from lack of social connection.

Last edited by TVthePunisher; 09-28-2013 at 01:00 AM.
Old 09-28-2013, 12:07 AM   #14
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
I only own one console, so if I'm banned then I'm automatically out of the tournament anyway. Shite..

Old 09-28-2013, 01:05 AM   #15
Creech
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Creech

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Staff - Administrator   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 38 (more» ...)
Just for clarification.... If you get banned for cheating gamerscore, you are out of the competition and so is your team. If your X360A account gets banned, same deal.

If your console gets banned, no impact to us (although you may need to buy a console, but that is up to you). If your gamertag gets banned for a non-cheating gamerscore reason (such as these fraud bans) then you are out of the competition from that point, but your team can go on without you, and any gains you made during GSL will still count (once GSL has started, that is).

Awake, Alert, & Enthusiastic!
The Silicon Rule: If the product is free, then you are the product.
Old 09-28-2013, 03:24 AM   #16
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
For those of you who were console banned:

Xbox 360 4GB Console System + $50 Amazon Credit for $179 Shipped Xbox 360 4GB Console System + $50 Amazon Credit for $179 Shipped
Old 09-28-2013, 05:33 AM   #17
Bishop24

Rare Bishop's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   2,500 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Gold   Subscriber Uno - Winner!   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
I'll have to check with the rest of my team (Hand of Thrawn), but I never downloaded any of the free games. Hopefully everything gets sorted out for those that did get in some kind of trouble.

Follow my world of gaming at
:

http://www.BishopsGamingWorld.com/
Old 09-28-2013, 05:39 AM   #18
KillerBEA
CET

Send a message via Skype™ to KillerBEA

KillerBEA XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Community and Events Team   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Community Gaming - Gold   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 28 (more» ...)
I downloaded 2 of the games but I deleted them a few days before shit went down. I don't know if I dodged a bullet there or not, but my account and xboxes appear to safe for now.
Old 09-28-2013, 10:32 AM   #19
Kovy88

Kovy88's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   GSL 12 Winner   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Gold
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Nothing has happened yet, but this just plain sucks. I played Ikaruga for 30 minutes, but I bought the game for my main tag yesterday. That's all I ever did, except changed my gamerpic and theme for a while. All of my country friends have been safe too for now. Will have to see, do they make a new ban wave soon, can anybody dodge this. "Supporting a service with thousands of euros, then getting banned for pressing a button ftw"

Old 09-28-2013, 01:59 PM   #20
GR4V1G0R3

GR4V1G0R3's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
personally haven't grabbed any of the games that were free in other regions before

from what I remember I should be clear, however i'm not 100% sure because I got my nephew to grab me yaris from some site or other after it had been de-listed as you could install it from a memory stick [turns out it's one of the worst games ever created, but it's nice to be able to test things for yourself]

there were a few other things he had on the stick that we played, but I have purchased since - and he was banned in the last big ban wave that saw several people banned without reason [I only know this because later on an email was received by them mentioning contacting them to remove the ban, but there was a time limit that had expired by the time they saw it] along with the thousands that had used hacked profiles for obtaining games

sucks at how many people could miss out on the competition because of this "infringement" - people wouldn't resort to said shady tactics if the whole service was treated as one entity, not 10, each with its own content, offers and pricing...what next, banning people for playing import games...

and console banning for this is even more abhorrent, you get a few games for free instead of $5 because of a flaw in their system, that isn't exactly hard for them to block [IP scanning MS], they say, fine, give us another $100 for a new console or GTFO

this, and the closure of GFWL tied in with games being ripped from WP store like nobody's business is why I refuse to support MS anymore, and after GSL, i'm out [oh and that damn security crapola - I have now got 3 registered email addresses for this one account, because it keeps saying about additional layers of security, appearing to want a sodding phone number, GTFO MS, your not having that so you can sell it to some asshole - or worse, get your servers hacked than have all my contact details stolen, rather than 1 email and password - i'm still using the xbox I started the account on, and your servers tell you this, leave me alone you feckin ejuts]

also, when I buy a game, I expect to be able to play it, whenever, download it whenever - not come to my device and go, er, where my games at, or, why they no work [soon to have lost 30 on WP7 games, plus about 100 on GFWL games...] no more buying anything with MS involved for me

sorry for the wall of text, but I had a bad gig last night, and with all the crap MS has pulled recently, yet been defended so vehemently by half of the community, I just can't hold it in - I've kept it as inoffensive as possible as I don't want any impact on my team

/rant over

121 games completed
40 - RETAIL 27 - XBLA 50 - WP7 3 - GFWL1 WEB
Closed Thread