Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Saints Row 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-20-2013, 12:48 AM   #1
Lancet

Lancet Jades's Gamercard
Multiplayer question, and boosting for Kingpin

Is this game's online P2P or server based? I'm guessing it's P2P, since the first Saints Row was, not to mention that if it was servers, they'd probably have died when THQ went under. But I want to be sure.

As for Kingpin, what sort of time would I be looking at to boost this? How many hours, assuming fairly successful matchmaking and such?

I also read about idling and it seems to be slow but reliable, though the prospect of the hours it'd take on my 360 are a bit daunting. If I were to idle for only a portion of my total boosting, would it be better to do it at lower or higher ranks (since the money you earn increases with higher ranks)?

Thanks for any answers!
Lancet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:56 AM   #2
iBuzz7S

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
  1. I'd be lying if I said one or the other, but I have always thought it was server-based.
  2. Kingpin? It took me over... pretty sure it was 40 hours. Give and take, 38 hours was boosting and 2 hours was playing normally for the sake of extra points.
  3. I participated in a handful of 10 hour boosting sessions over on TrueAchievements and those guys who were idling were at a higher level. I suppose anything towards the achievement does help, so it should not matter when you do it.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:31 AM   #3
Lancet

Lancet Jades's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBuzz7S View Post
  1. I'd be lying if I said one or the other, but I have always thought it was server-based.
  2. Kingpin? It took me over... pretty sure it was 40 hours. Give and take, 38 hours was boosting and 2 hours was playing normally for the sake of extra points.
  3. I participated in a handful of 10 hour boosting sessions over on TrueAchievements and those guys who were idling were at a higher level. I suppose anything towards the achievement does help, so it should not matter when you do it.
Thanks for the reply. Aside from Kingpin, do the other multiplayer achievements come pretty quickly? They all sounds pretty easy to do, though the co-op all missions and activities could be lengthy.

Also, for Kingpin, I heard that there are 32 medals, but you need 31, because the first medal you get doesn't count or something. Is that true? And so without the pirate day medal, you'd need to reach max rank (something like $2 million instead of just $1 million)?
Old 05-20-2013, 12:18 PM   #4
iBuzz7S

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Hmm... I would say you can unlock most of 'em within a week. Let's say, in less than 20 hours? This is going towards Kingpin too, not something out of your way.

First medal doesn't count? Me thinks that is incorrect. And yeah, from the look of it, you will need to unlock the 'Kingpin of Kingpins' badge ($2,200,000) for the Kingpin achievement. Unless, you are lucky enough to play on the 19th of September, which will net you the 'Arr' badge.

The co-op stuff is a pain in the ass. I completed them with a partner and he got the achievements while I missed out altogether. I don't remember it being this way on my old profile.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:30 PM   #5
Lancet

Lancet Jades's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBuzz7S View Post
Hmm... I would say you can unlock most of 'em within a week. Let's say, in less than 20 hours? This is going towards Kingpin too, not something out of your way.

First medal doesn't count? Me thinks that is incorrect. And yeah, from the look of it, you will need to unlock the 'Kingpin of Kingpins' badge ($2,200,000) for the Kingpin achievement. Unless, you are lucky enough to play on the 19th of September, which will net you the 'Arr' badge.

The co-op stuff is a pain in the ass. I completed them with a partner and he got the achievements while I missed out altogether. I don't remember it being this way on my old profile.
But if all the medals count, and there's 32, then you'd only need the rank below Kingpin for the achievement if you got the "Arr" badge, and only need Kingpin itself if you don't have "Arr." But people I've heard about it from seemed to imply Kingpin is the rank needed if you do have Arr, and Kingpin of Kingpins is the rank needed without that badge. Which means you'd need 31 badges to get Kingpin.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:25 PM   #6
Optomistic

timutimu's Gamercard
If you have collected all the badges excluding the rank badges (get that Arr badge!), then you only have to rank up to Executioner to get the Kingpin achievement.

Executioner is around $776,000 earned cash.

Limbo, Catan, Yu Gi Oh!, Hexic, Sonic adventure, SSF2HDR
Optomistic is offline   Reply With Quote