PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Happy Wars
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-15-2014, 09:10 PM   #1
Maj0rWhal3WankR

Maj0rWhal3WankR's Gamercard
Easy way to get the same item?

Is there an easy way to get the same item multiple times? Some of my items are close to level 10 and I would like to upgrade them to 11 or, preferably, 15 in a decent timeframe.

I know it would be pretty much impossible to find the star items multiple times without paying real money for them but medium weight items are still pretty hard to find multiples of, at least if it's something I have equipped. For example I've been using "Wooden Hammer" since I was a level 5 and now I'm a 20 and haven't found an other but I've found "Twin Chicks Helm" at lest 4 times in the last few levels when I don't want it.

Is there a trick like only using the class you want the item for in a multiplayer or co-op game, killing enemies certain ways, or certain ways to bet on the happy wheel to get decent items? Right now I'm averaging getting my items up to a 7+ and then finding something a little better when maxed out and I've got to spend all my coins and materials to level them up enough to only be slightly weaker for a few games until it gets better. Needless to say I get stronger VERY slowly so I'm not getting a decent amount of kills unless I'm on specific maps like ones that I can wind trap bridges (if I get to use it during that match) and knock anyone that comes after me to their death or small ones I can stick to the ballista/Gatling most of the time.
Maj0rWhal3WankR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 05:54 PM   #2
Lava Tonsil

andydubyew's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Community Gaming - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
If you just want the level 15 item achievement then happy spinner can net you the low level shields easily.
I got so many 'bloody hammers' i just did it with this, but i also has more than 6 'blood soaked shields'. It's much easier to level to 15 a rubbish item due to the amount of exp it takes. I did this before they changed material points it to exp. points though so i'm not sure if it's as easy now.
I have a level 15 super premium shield form a special event where i got multiples and i think it cost 80000 happy stars for the last level and 4000 material points, which would be a ridiculous amount in the .exp system.
Old 02-18-2014, 01:31 AM   #3
Maj0rWhal3WankR

Maj0rWhal3WankR's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lava Tonsil View Post
If you just want the level 15 item achievement then happy spinner can net you the low level shields easily.
I got so many 'bloody hammers' i just did it with this, but i also has more than 6 'blood soaked shields'. It's much easier to level to 15 a rubbish item due to the amount of exp it takes. I did this before they changed material points it to exp. points though so i'm not sure if it's as easy now.
I have a level 15 super premium shield form a special event where i got multiples and i think it cost 80000 happy stars for the last level and 4000 material points, which would be a ridiculous amount in the .exp system.
Do the items get more damage/defense each level after 10 or is it still the same? For example, because I worded that terribly and couldn't0 think of a better way, say a hammer is getting another 20 damage each level until level 10 would it get 21+ damage for each level after 10?

Right now most of my items are level 7 or higher and are either premiums or have pretty good base stats for non-premiums. If those weaker items would get more damage/defense than they normally get each level for getting past 10 they might be a good trade, though highly expensive. For the money and materials it takes I could spin the wheel tons of time and potentially get one of the items I'm using again (about a 1 in 300 chance a spin after disregarding premium and super premiums) and even if I don't get one I need I could potentially find a useful buff or level up a better item I'm bound to find sometime with all the materials I get.

I'm not really worried about getting the achievement fast but getting better items. After I get all the other achievements (mainly the berserker, zephyr, and engineer ones which will take a while because I only have the berserker currently and never get the skills I need) it won't matter if I waste money because I won't have to get all the kills I can but until then I don't want to waste my resources on an achievement I can probably get before then.
Maj0rWhal3WankR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 05:40 PM   #4
Lava Tonsil

andydubyew's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Community Gaming - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maj0rWhal3WankR View Post
Do the items get more damage/defense each level after 10 or is it still the same? For example, because I worded that terribly and couldn't0 think of a better way, say a hammer is getting another 20 damage each level until level 10 would it get 21+ damage for each level after 10?
Each level above 10 still improves the stats, so your items will become more powerful the more you level them above 10. I don't know if there's a specifc amount per stat, but better items tend to level up more each time.
This link maybe helpful (It's by a member who used to come on here, Danny) and shows examples of the premium items normal, level 10 and level 15 stats to give an example of the difference it makes.
Also remember to make use of any decent buffs you get in the item modification screen. A good buff can negate a good stat of an enemy to a point.

Quote:
Right now most of my items are level 7 or higher and are either premiums or have pretty good base stats for non-premiums. If those weaker items would get more damage/defense than they normally get each level for getting past 10 they might be a good trade, though highly expensive. For the money and materials it takes I could spin the wheel tons of time and potentially get one of the items I'm using again (about a 1 in 300 chance a spin after disregarding premium and super premiums) and even if I don't get one I need I could potentially find a useful buff or level up a better item I'm bound to find sometime with all the materials I get.
I see what you mean, in terms of levelling your current use items i'd just get them as good as you can but realise unless they're premium or super premium they will become redundant eventually. You can get 3 premium items and 1 super premium (and loads of happy stars) just by visiting the treasure map daily which should boost your level of equipment significantly.
Personally i didn't really level up many items that weren't premium or super premium (other than for the achievement).

Quote:
I'm not really worried about getting the achievement fast but getting better items. After I get all the other achievements (mainly the berserker, zephyr, and engineer ones which will take a while because I only have the berserker currently and never get the skills I need) it won't matter if I waste money because I won't have to get all the kills I can but until then I don't want to waste my resources on an achievement I can probably get before then.
If that's the case i'd stick with levelling the items you like using and worry about the level 15 achievement later when you have more resource.
Once you find better items you'll spend the junk items and stars on levelling up but not use as many items overall.
I can't remember when exactly level-wise it happened but after a while material items and happy stars stopped being an issue.
I hope that all makes sense!