PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V > GTA Online
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-17-2014, 10:15 AM   #1
jswartz0181

Send a message via AIM to jswartz0181 Send a message via MSN to jswartz0181 Send a message via Yahoo to jswartz0181

JSwartz0181's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
"I'm Not a Hipster"/1.14 available now!

Got booted from GTA about an hour or so ago to download a Title Update. After some digging, a DLC pack is available, but for whatever reason isn't showing in the Xbox store. To download it (at least right now), scroll over to the search tab and look up "not a hipster," and the DLC should be right there to download.

New cars, weapons, actions, clothes, hair, previously rumored mods (gold paint job, pink/brown tire smoke, black window tint) among the new additions.

Last edited by jswartz0181; 06-17-2014 at 11:05 AM.
jswartz0181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 10:46 AM   #2
Dirty130
-

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   XBA Promoter   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Have to check this out..

Cheers!
Dirty130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 11:27 AM   #3
HigginsM

Freddy1 Krueger's Gamercard
They have killed the last money making mission now Coverted

The following difficulty changes have been made to the mission “Coveted”:
New objectives added: When the players arrive at the cove their objective becomes “Secure the landing site”. Players then have 2 minutes to reach the Cargobob’s landing area and kill nearby enemies. Failing to do this in 2 minutes will fail the mission.
Enemy placement: Around 50% of the enemies have been moved from the beach to the hill leading to the landing site. This is to create more of a shootout on the way down to the landing site.
Cargobob now takes around 2 minutes to arrive once the players have reached the cove
2 enemies near the objective container now have RPGs (Low Accuracy).
Enemies on the beach no longer have Extended LOS, meaning they won’t shoot at the players as they fight down the hill
Drop-off location for the container is now at a warehouse in Cypress Flats. Previously the drop was too close to the action.
Once the player has collected the container, an enemy helicopter spawns and pursues the Cargobob

Link to the full Patch Notes

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc...cles/203403217

Big thanks to Cpt Slaughter for my Avatar picture and Signature
HigginsM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 11:43 AM   #4
Dirty130
-

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   XBA Promoter   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
^It was only a matter of time before Coveted got the inevitable 'update'.

While I appreciate the free DLC items and all, the huge update list is more welcome. Although, I'm a little upset that R* choose to focus on things like this when it's June.

And by that I mean; Where are the flippin' heists??
Surely an announcement before the end of June?

Edit: Sounds interesting:

One new Premium vehicle has been added to warstock-cache-and-carry.com. This is a Rank-locked vehicle that unlocks at Rank 100: Benefactor Dubsta 6x6.

Over 170 new clothing items, including new outfits, have been added to clothes stores for both Male and Female characters in GTA Online.

Vehicle Management has been added into Garages. Players can move their positions around by accessing the trigger inside their Garage.

When a player dies, they now have a chance to detonate any Sticky Bombs they had placed. They must be detonated as soon as the wasted screen appears or they will be deleted.

Fixed an issue in Coveted where NPCs in the Mission could blink in and out of view if zoomed in on with the sniper scope. (Nice to see they fixed this, but they changed up the mission anyway.)

Last edited by Dirty130; 06-17-2014 at 11:57 AM.
Dirty130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 12:21 PM   #5
HigginsM

Freddy1 Krueger's Gamercard

Great new Off Roader,

Big thanks to Cpt Slaughter for my Avatar picture and Signature

Last edited by HigginsM; 06-17-2014 at 12:23 PM.
HigginsM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 12:39 PM   #6
DEG23
Wanderlusting

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HigginsM View Post
I guess I shouldn't be surprised they're still nerfing the last remnants of fun from this game. This is the main reason why my friends, and in turn I, stopped playing it. I mean it's nice R* are doing these free updates and providing content like cars and clothes but it's the missions that provide the main bulk of the content not to mention the main way of earning income.

The online portion was so much fun when it first launched. I understand them patching glitches and exploits but why they needed to nerf everything else is beyond me. The worse part of it is when they openly say they have no problem with people replying missions to grind cash and they don't consider that cheating, then proceed to block the replay option and nerf missions rewards and the missions themselves.

The last time I played this game I lost over $65,000 in insurance costs because people in tanks kept blowing up my car and through some strange legal loophole, I had to pay the cost. Making that back with the nerfs become too irritating hence why I stopped playing for good, and Rockstar expect people to buy this shit again for the Xbox One and PS4
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 01:55 PM   #7
Viperspike

Viperspike's Gamercard
I don't mind nerfing as long as it's in both directions. Rockstar should take a look at all the missions that take a long time to complete and give little RP and GTA $ and then Buff it so that it is more competitive with the other missions that everyone is playing, Rooftop Rumble and Coveted to name a few.

They see that everyone is playing a handful of missions and say to themselves "let's make this game more balanced so that all the missions are played". To do this they take the favourite missions and try to deter us from playing them. Go positive Rockstar and make us want to play all the missions not dump on the favourites out there.

Last edited by Viperspike; 06-18-2014 at 04:25 AM. Reason: Wrong term used
Viperspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 01:56 PM   #8
Boomerang Cat

Though a surprise Update is always nice, there doesn't seem to be too much of interest to me and there is still no sign of Heists!

Just looking at the Vehicles now.......

"Choose from seven new vehicles including classic nostalgia rides like the Glendale, Warrener, Blade and Rhapsody – affordable cars that seem casual on the surface, but have hidden potential to be unleashed with a few modifications. The environmentally conscious set can check out the Panto microcar, while those looking to roll with their Crew in more ostentatious style can add the massive 3-axel, 6-seater Dubsta (unlocks at Rank 100) to their fleet."

"Hidden potential to be unleashed with a few modifications"? I wonder what this means?

Plus, 10 existing GTAV vehicles have been added to the southernsanandreassuperautos.com website for purchase, including Story Mode characters’ vehicles:
  • Albany Primo
  • BF Surfer
  • Bravado Buffalo
  • Franklin's Bravado Buffalo S
  • Bravado Youga
  • Cheval Picador
  • Dundreary Regina
  • Trevor's Karin Rebel (clean version)
  • Trevor's Nagasaki Hot Rod Blazer
  • Michael's Obey Tailgater
Pure Gold and Brushed Gold paint colors have been added to LS Customs in the ‘Metals’ category. These unlock at Rank 100.
A new Pure Black window tint has been added to LS Customs, along with four new jazzy vehicle horns (including one which loops and speeds up / slows down as you drive).

Edit - Just been to LS Customs, neither the Pure Gold ($50,000) or Brushed Gold ($45,000) Metallic Paints look any good to me. They both seem 2/3 Bronze, 1/3 Gold - not bright enough compared to another way of getting Gold through Bright Orange Metallic effect with an appropriate Pearlescent to make it look Gold.

Last edited by Boomerang Cat; 06-17-2014 at 02:11 PM.
Boomerang Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 02:09 PM   #9
CoreOfBrutality

Send a message via AIM to CoreOfBrutality

CoreOfBrutality's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerang Cat View Post
Though a surprise Update is always nice, there doesn't seem to be too much of interest to me and there is still no sign of Heists!

"Choose from seven new vehicles including classic nostalgia rides like the Glendale, Warrener, Blade and Rhapsody – affordable cars that seem casual on the surface, but have hidden potential to be unleashed with a few modifications. The environmentally conscious set can check out the Panto microcar, while those looking to roll with their Crew in more ostentatious style can add the massive 3-axel, 6-seater Dubsta (unlocks at Rank 100) to their fleet."

"Hidden potential to be unleashed with a few modifications"? I wonder what this means?

Plus, 10 existing GTAV vehicles have been added to the southernsanandreassuperautos.com website for purchase, including Story Mode characters’ vehicles:
  • Albany Primo
  • BF Surfer
  • Bravado Buffalo
  • Franklin's Bravado Buffalo S
  • Bravado Youga
  • Cheval Picador
  • Dundreary Regina
  • Trevor's Karin Rebel (clean version)
  • Trevor's Nagasaki Hot Rod Blazer
  • Michael's Obey Tailgater
Pure Gold and Brushed Gold paint colors have been added to LS Customs in the ‘Metals’ category. These unlock at Rank 100.
A new Pure Black window tint has been added to LS Customs, along with four new jazzy vehicle horns (including one which loops and speeds up / slows down as you drive).
well this is lame now my rare cars that were rare are just standard.
Old 06-17-2014, 02:20 PM   #10
Sm0keytrip0d

Sm0keytrip0d's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerang Cat View Post

I do love how they call them affordable when the smart car thing is 85k (albeit pretty good when modified) and 1 of the cars is 400k...yeah affordable

I also hate the new "fixed" Coveted...been playing for an hour now and not succeeded once playing it with randoms...wish they would change Rooftop rumble and Coveted back and fix all the other damn missions to make em worthwhile tbh

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreOfBrutality View Post
well this is lame now my rare cars that were rare are just standard.
well they are still rare-ish unless someone wants to pay out 55k for a Tailgater and 96k for Franklins buffalo lol
Old 06-17-2014, 02:48 PM   #11
LeEk MuNcHeR

LeEk MuNcHeR's Gamercard
No interest in this at all for me. Not bothered by new cars, clothes etc and pissed off about now coveted has changed (wouldn't surprise me if there are tons of glitches like the new rooftop rumble)

Only thing I was looking forward to was the heists so hugely disappointed

I'm just hoping that the pay out from heists will make up for ruining all the money making missions
LeEk MuNcHeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 03:20 PM   #12
Sm0keytrip0d

Sm0keytrip0d's Gamercard
hm just fully modded and driven all the new cars in single player (since they are free to get) except that smart car as i have 1....cant say any of them are that good imo, some nice customising options but they are all rather slow I found even when modified

so..yeah not buying any other new cars for my online characters
Old 06-17-2014, 03:24 PM   #13
Crashdown26

SpN Andy's Gamercard
I'm doing coveted...now but I'm not noticing anything different i still go to madrazos lock up
Old 06-17-2014, 04:20 PM   #14
Sm0keytrip0d

Sm0keytrip0d's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashdown26 View Post
I'm doing coveted...now but I'm not noticing anything different i still go to madrazos lock up
are you hosting it yourself? I keep getting the "new" coveted when i join someones game but if im hosting its the old coveted
Old 06-17-2014, 04:30 PM   #15
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
As already mentioned above but this shit just made me laugh for real:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joke
  • The following difficulty changes have been made to the mission “Coveted”:
    • New objectives added: When the players arrive at the cove their objective becomes “Secure the landing site”. Players then have 2 minutes to reach the Cargobob’s landing area and kill nearby enemies. Failing to do this in 2 minutes will fail the mission.
    • Enemy placement: Around 50% of the enemies have been moved from the beach to the hill leading to the landing site. This is to create more of a shootout on the way down to the landing site.
    • Cargobob now takes around 2 minutes to arrive once the players have reached the cove
    • 2 enemies near the objective container now have RPGs (Low Accuracy).
    • Enemies on the beach no longer have Extended LOS, meaning they won’t shoot at the players as they fight down the hill
    • Drop-off location for the container is now at a warehouse in Cypress Flats. Previously the drop was too close to the action.
    • Once the player has collected the container, an enemy helicopter spawns and pursues the Cargobob

1st worldwide who "officially" completed [FLASHBACK] a 100%!
JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 04:39 PM   #16
Crashdown26

SpN Andy's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sm0keytrip0d View Post
are you hosting it yourself? I keep getting the "new" coveted when i join someones game but if im hosting its the old coveted
Yeah i'm hosting and playing alone using the 6x Coveted Playlist

Strange, but i'm not complaining i'll keep doing it while i can
Old 06-17-2014, 05:47 PM   #17
Sm0keytrip0d

Sm0keytrip0d's Gamercard
sweet I cant even do anything in GTA online now, keeps saying R* game services unavaliable....so all i can do is free roam on my own as i cant join people

yay for updates
Old 06-17-2014, 06:47 PM   #18
Tactical Tom

Tommy B BRFC's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sm0keytrip0d View Post
sweet I cant even do anything in GTA online now, keeps saying R* game services unavaliable....so all i can do is free roam on my own as i cant join people

yay for updates

I had similar problems like this for the last 10 Days, hasn't happened to me since the Update even though I have only played today for a short period.
Tactical Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 06:55 PM   #19
zarda1

Zarda1's Gamercard
My game says Files required to play GTA Online are temporarily unavailable due to maintenance. Please return to Grand Theft Auto V and try again later.

edit: working now

Last edited by zarda1; 06-17-2014 at 07:06 PM.
zarda1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 07:34 PM   #20
jswartz0181

Send a message via AIM to jswartz0181 Send a message via MSN to jswartz0181 Send a message via Yahoo to jswartz0181

JSwartz0181's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperspike View Post
I don't mind nerfing as long as it's in both directions. Rockstar should take a look at all the missions that take a long time to complete and give little RP and $ and then nerf it so that it is more competitive with the other missions that everyone is playing, Rooftop Rumble and Coveted to name a few.
Just a clarification, you want the other missions buffed, not nerfed. Nerfing is when things get reduced (the term referring to something akin to swapping real weapons for harmless Nerf ones). Buffing is when things are increased, be it weapon strength, mission difficulty or in this case, payouts.
Old 06-17-2014, 07:39 PM   #21
Sm0keytrip0d

Sm0keytrip0d's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswartz0181 View Post
Just a clarification, you want the other missions buffed, not nerfed. Nerfing is when things get reduced (the term referring to something akin to swapping real weapons for harmless Nerf ones). Buffing is when things are increased, be it weapon strength, mission difficulty or in this case, payouts.
nah lets nerf the other missions so that the new "fixed" versions become the best again so we can start the cycle over again
Old 06-17-2014, 08:10 PM   #22
datmanydocris

DatManYdocris's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by HigginsM View Post

The following difficulty changes have been made to the mission “Coveted”:
New objectives added: When the players arrive at the cove their objective becomes “Secure the landing site”. Players then have 2 minutes to reach the Cargobob’s landing area and kill nearby enemies. Failing to do this in 2 minutes will fail the mission.
Enemy placement: Around 50% of the enemies have been moved from the beach to the hill leading to the landing site. This is to create more of a shootout on the way down to the landing site.
Cargobob now takes around 2 minutes to arrive once the players have reached the cove
2 enemies near the objective container now have RPGs (Low Accuracy).
Enemies on the beach no longer have Extended LOS, meaning they won’t shoot at the players as they fight down the hill
Drop-off location for the container is now at a warehouse in Cypress Flats. Previously the drop was too close to the action.
Once the player has collected the container, an enemy helicopter spawns and pursues the Cargobob

Link to the full Patch Notes

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc...cles/203403217
Well crap, there goes my one way to make money.

It doesn’t matter how many resources you have if you don’t know how to use them, they will never be enough. - Unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by datmanydocris View Post
Let's just say my backlog is bigger than Kanye West's ego.

Retail Games Perfected: 0
Arcade Games Perfected: 2
datmanydocris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 08:14 PM   #23
Snoop QC

snoop qc's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
I have an issue with this update. I went online and downloaded the patch, then the update. But now when I try to go online either solo, crew, invite only or whatever, I get the message to download the update even if I did it a couple of times and appears as installed when in the updates selection screen in the game. Anyone else has the same issue or explanation to it?

Achievements completion : 99,39%
Gamerscore completion : 99,35%
Retail games completed : 70/74
I'm a completionist!!!

If you send a friend request, please send a message telling why, otherwise I will just ignore it
Snoop QC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 08:22 PM   #24
zarda1

Zarda1's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoop QC View Post
I have an issue with this update. I went online and downloaded the patch, then the update. But now when I try to go online either solo, crew, invite only or whatever, I get the message to download the update even if I did it a couple of times and appears as installed when in the updates selection screen in the game. Anyone else has the same issue or explanation to it?

Back out of the game delete the I'm not a hipster update, load up the game and wait until you are told you need to download the new compatibility pack and download it through there. That fixed it for me.
zarda1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 08:55 PM   #25
Snoop QC

snoop qc's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarda1 View Post
Back out of the game delete the I'm not a hipster update, load up the game and wait until you are told you need to download the new compatibility pack and download it through there. That fixed it for me.
In fact, I went back to dash board, downloaded the update directly from the market place, restarted the game and it worked. This might be another solution. Thanks anyway.

Achievements completion : 99,39%
Gamerscore completion : 99,35%
Retail games completed : 70/74
I'm a completionist!!!

If you send a friend request, please send a message telling why, otherwise I will just ignore it
Snoop QC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 09:02 PM   #26
jswartz0181

JSwartz0181's Gamercard

Yeah, if you are having difficulties (when I got on this afternoon I was unable to launch a crew session as I usually do), just back out, delete the Hipster pack, and re-DL, and it should work.

As for the patch notes, I love the sticky bomb detonation upon death and not having to pay insurance claim on your vehicle, even if the person has no money! Oh, and the pink tire smoke for my girl character! I just hope my characters going bald randomly is an unmentioned fix.

Last edited by jswartz0181; 06-17-2014 at 09:05 PM.
jswartz0181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 09:15 PM   #27
Sm0keytrip0d

Sm0keytrip0d's Gamercard
hm its funny, I deleted the hipster update then re downloaded then could play online...dissapear for a few mins and go back to try online now Its the "cant find files blah blah blah" problem again

I assume we have to keep deleting the Hipster update everytime we wanna play online now? or is it just me? :[
Old 06-17-2014, 09:17 PM   #28
tripleb2k

BobZombie3k's Gamercard

Awards Showcase GRID 2 Award   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Can't get online like others. Back to other games I guess.

tripleb2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 11:33 PM   #29
Ghost Illusions

vintage horror's Gamercard
here is all the awesome new masks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHOukndARdk

and you can fully mod trevs blazer now yay!

Ghost Illusions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 04:22 AM   #30
Viperspike

Viperspike's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswartz0181 View Post

Ooops, thanks for pointing that out. Yea I do mean to buffing the lower RP and GTA $ missions that are harder or longer to complete.
Viperspike is offline   Reply With Quote