PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V > GTA Online
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-15-2013, 09:30 AM   #271
Evo Kazz
Completionist

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Platinum   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Tyger7   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 28 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun100 View Post
If you require a cargobob and it isn't spawning, the way i did it was to call lester and get the mission "dock to stock II" or Ron with "Base invaders."
Did most of the mission with a partner, but then just did the flips/spinderella before we finished.
Genius!! Thanks

Arcade Crazy - 26 - Over Achiever - 54 - XB1 Points - 34
Franchise Clubs - 5x Tier 1, 3x Tier 2, 1x Tier 3
Staff Clubs - 10

Evo Kazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:41 AM   #272
Dante Kasai

Send a message via Skype™ to Dante Kasai

Dante Kasai's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo Kazz View Post
Do you mean the fort? Near top left of the map? Also which corner do you mean, if entering from the south, bottom left/right or top left/right?

Also anyone else have any tips for these?

Granny - color all the targets in a target grid match [1] - Whats a target grid match? lol
Salvaged - pick up a special crate first [1] - How do I even find these never seen one

Bloodiest Of The Bunch - get the most kills in a 4 player survival [1]
Is it right in saying you can do wave 1, then wave 2 everyone suicides, then repeat till all 4 have it?
Target Grid match is a shooting range activity - the middle one. You'll know which when you try it. Can be found at any Ammu-Nation with a range.

Do some missions for Ron, he'll call you afterwards about crate drops. Then they have a chance of being normal or special.

I would assume so. I got the Platinum legitimately by killing the most and faiiling at wave 9 (bummer, right?) so forcing the failure should work.

Completions: 44
Completion Percentage: 99.47%
Dante Kasai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:05 AM   #273
spxyu02

Send a message via AIM to spxyu02

spxyu02's Gamercard
Quote:
Is it right in saying you can do wave 1, then wave 2 everyone suicides, then repeat till all 4 have it?
Confirmed, I did this one with 3 other guys, we each took turns getting the majority of kills in round 1, and then held a cooked grenade or sticky-bombed ourselves once the between-round timer had ended and round 2 had officially started. I believe we had the option to replay in the post-game screen, so it went fairly quickly.
spxyu02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:15 PM   #274
Leak8

leakleak8's Gamercard
Looking for someone online now to do tennis platinums, 5 sets, straight sets, 20 aces. Leakleak8

GT: leakleak8

100%: COD4, Fight Night 3, Bourne Conspiracy, TMNT, Oblivion, Bully, Lego Indiana Jones,Condemned, Lost, NBA26k, CSI: Hard Evidence, Alone In The Dark, 50 CENT:BotS, Lego Batman, NHL 2k6, Jericho, Mafia 2, Terminator Salvation, Lego Harry Potter

Leak8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:33 PM   #275
mast3r 0r0m1s

mast3r 0r0m1s's Gamercard
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...514182&page=14 Use the trading thread to find someone.
mast3r 0r0m1s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:54 PM   #276
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team USA View Post
Sniper is only 100 kills, not 500. Please update it
Thanks! Are you sure of this? It looks like it follows the same progression as the other weapons that need 500.

Quote:
Do you mean the fort? Near top left of the map? Also which corner do you mean, if entering from the south, bottom left/right or top left/right?

Also anyone else have any tips for these?

Granny - color all the targets in a target grid match [1] - Whats a target grid match? lol
Salvaged - pick up a special crate first [1] - How do I even find these never seen one

Target Grid is a shooting range challenge.

Special crates will drop randomly.

Survival award - if you read my SECOND POST WITH ALL THE TIPS, you would see I said exactly that.

Last edited by xhunterrrr; 10-15-2013 at 01:56 PM.
xhunterrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:54 PM   #277
The Duke of Darkness

The Allslayer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spxyu02 View Post
I'd especially like clarification on Fugitive. I'm at 0/10 (minutes, I'm assuming), and I've led police on an active highway chase past 10 minutes, and nothing. Do you have to be wanted AND on foot, or something like that?
You need a 5 star wanted level.
The Duke of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 06:09 PM   #278
spxyu02

spxyu02's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke of Darkness View Post
You need a 5 star wanted level.
So The Fugitive is time with a 5 star wanted level (in minutes), and Police Mocker is a number of evasions from a 5 star wanted level?

Okay, I see that the original post has this 5-star requirement for The Fugitive (and the post I originally quoted *facepalm*), but Post #2, with tips for achieving platinum medals, says to keep the stars as low as possible. That was probably the point of my confusion. Could we get an edit to Post #2 for this then?

Sooo ... any tips for dragging on 5-star chases? Seems like I'll have the achievement before I get that medal, but is it just Buzzard mayhem and then fly away?

Finally, the only time I've achieved a 5 star wanted level online, I called Lester to make it go away, and that didn't count as an evasion, FWIW.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:11 PM   #279
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Quote:
So The Fugitive is time with a 5 star wanted level (in minutes), and Police Mocker is a number of evasions from a 5 star wanted level?

Okay, I see that the original post has this 5-star requirement for The Fugitive (and the post I originally quoted *facepalm*), but Post #2, with tips for achieving platinum medals, says to keep the stars as low as possible. That was probably the point of my confusion. Could we get an edit to Post #2 for this then?

Sooo ... any tips for dragging on 5-star chases? Seems like I'll have the achievement before I get that medal, but is it just Buzzard mayhem and then fly away?

Finally, the only time I've achieved a 5 star wanted level online, I called Lester to make it go away, and that didn't count as an evasion, FWIW.
Sorry about that! I learned that The Fugitive was for five stars after writing the tips in post #2. Fixed now!
Old 10-15-2013, 06:13 PM   #280
spxyu02

spxyu02's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhunterrrr View Post
Sorry about that! I learned that The Fugitive was for five stars after writing the tips in post #2. Fixed now!
No problem at all, I should have read the previous posts more carefully. Thanks for your great work on this thread!
Old 10-15-2013, 07:31 PM   #281
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
I got lucky and randomly unlocked the beat a world record in a race platinum while grinding Criminal Records.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 07:32 PM   #282
xxJUSTINxx

OddFull Metal's Gamercard

What Ron mission do you need to complete to get the special crate drops? I've yet to do any.
Old 10-16-2013, 12:07 AM   #283
KiDDo

KatVonD 86's Gamercard
I don't know how, but I managed to set a world record in a race today. It wasn't even with a super sports car, neither was I driving really good (at least I think so). But the award for that is definitely stated as complete on the social club
KiDDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:19 AM   #284
StarDreamer99

StarDreamer99's Gamercard
NOTE: For Suped Up, you don't need to paint your crew logo on your car.

I got tthis award to unlock and I have never been part of a crew.
StarDreamer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 02:39 AM   #285
FresH0121

o6 FresH's Gamercard
i only need 1 platium if anybody wants to grind out 100 sniper kills or something add me on Luckierchimp492
FresH0121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 03:31 AM   #286
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by FresH0121 View Post
i only need 1 platium if anybody wants to grind out 100 sniper kills or something add me on Luckierchimp492
Please use the trading thread for working on awards: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=514182
Old 10-16-2013, 04:09 AM   #287
spxyu02

spxyu02's Gamercard
This may be overkill and a mess to read through, but I just sent this to two friends as a bit of guidance. It is the list of 30 platinums I completed, with notes on how easy/hard they were, along with a few others I was close on or thought would also be easy.

I mostly regurgitated the great advice that is already found in this thread and on TA, but this might be useful for someone just starting out with the awards and looking for the lazy man's path to 30

If this wall of text sends everyone screaming, I can delete the post.

These are in the order they appear in the menus.

01 - Victory - Road Rage - Boost in private GTA w/ one other person, can missile them 3x then win
02 - Victory - In A Class of Your Own - Win a race w/ a custom car (boost w/ 1 other person)
03 - Victory - Penetrate from Behind - Come from last, win the race (25x); not sure if this is start in the back of the pre-race lineup, or just be last at some point in the race. If you boost w/ criminal records, you'll get this easy
04 - Victory - Dust Maker - Fastest lap in a race (25x); easy with criminal records boosting
05 - Victory - Every Race - Win every type or race; land/air/sea
06 - Victory - Survivor - Finish a survival (10 rounds); same as the achievement
07 - Victory - Over the Top - Win at arm wrestling (25x); easy to boost, don't even have to go back to matchmaking, can rematch with "X"
08 - Victory - Granny - Win Target Grid (shooting range) w/ all targets colored; boost with 1 other, spray all the targets so none of your opponents targets are showing
09 - Victory - All Rounder - Win every game mode (all Race & DM types); land/air/sea/rally/dm/tdm ... maybe competitive missions too?
10 - General - Veteran Racer - Participate in 25 different Races - Using "replay" voids the next race, must quit out to free roam and go back to a race
11 - General - Nick Of Time - Deploy 'chute <130', land safely (25x) - I used the "HALO" jump, very fast, check your stats each time (before pressing X to jump from the chopper) to figure out how low you need to be for it to count (i.e. if your last jump counted)
12 - General - Point Break - Parachute for over 3 minutes (25x) - Use a very high jump ("top of the globe" i think is the name of one), jump out, deploy parachute, put down controller, come back 3 minutes later, land wherever
13 - General - Stayed On Target - Land on target at end of a Parachute Jump (25x) - Use "HALO" and just land anywhere on the target at the end, can be combined with Nick of Time if you're good
14 - General - Clear Out - Clear out 5 Gang Attacks in one game day in a single session - Easier the higher level you are as there are more available. Take a chopper from the Marina in los santos or the sandy shores airfield and fly around hitting them.
15 - General - Checking Out - Get a 6 Dart checkout - Can be done solo, I set the game to 15 sets or whatever so I had a lot of chances to get this (backs you out of matchmaking if you set it to 1). Need at least 2 triple 20s out of your first 3 darts for it to be possible.
16 - General - Birdies - Sink some birdies in Golf (25x) - Get a lobby by yourself and play all the holes. I averaged 3-6 birdies per round. Mostly relaxing.
17 - General - Lapping It Up - Enjoy private dances (25x) - Buy a dance at the strip club (1) and touch her the whole time to flirt (there's no bouncer). You'll have to buy another (2) to continue filling her meter. At the end you'll have her number and can simply call her up to your apartment for the final 23 dances (free!). Simply start then stop the dances, then ask for another. Blue balls FTW!
18 - General - Snappy Dresser - Wear 25 different outfits - Only have to buy 25 different pieces of clothing. Hats and such are cheap.
19 - General - Hairy Encounters - Change your hairstyle (25x) - Find a cheap haircut or two, and simply keep bouncing between them, 25x.
20 - Crimes - Armed Robber - Hold up stores (20x) - This is an achievement for the online.
21 - Vehicle - Sky High - Blow up vehicles (500x) - Save money on sticky bombs! Once the Buzzard starts spawning at Sandy Shores (50+? 55+?), use that and get wanted, then circle all of San Andreas, mostly going over the highways that circle the island, not in the city, and use missiles to blow up cop cars, vans, and road blocks. There will be lock-ons like crazy, so just spam that A button. 500 will come quickly.
22 - Vehicle - No Claims Bonus - [minutes] Drive for 30 consecutive minutes w/o damage - Boring, but drive to Sandy Shores airfield and circle those runways. I recommend an episode or two of South Park.
23 - Vehicle - Mile High Club - [hours] Spend time in a helicopter (4 hours) - I used the chopper to get around for gang attacks, and you can also use it as described for blowing up vehicles. You can also just let it hover in a solo or invite only session. However, my game froze when I would rubberband RT doing this. I'm not sure if that contributed, but you don't even need to touch anything, just don't go idle.
24 - Vehicle - Suped Up - Apply each type of mod to one vehicle - Not going to list them here, but look online if this isn't popping. I did NOT have to use Chrome spray or vehicle bombs.
25 - Vehicle - Airborne - Land jumps over 300 feet in a road vehicle (25x) - If you boost some races with Downtown Underground in Super cars, there is a stunt jump in the middle that will send you over 300'. Otherwise use fast cars and hit jumps you remember from 100%-ing the SP.
26 - Vehicle - Unirider - Wheelie for over 2000 feet - Setup a solo race on "Taking Off" (or something like that). It's the big airport's runways. Choose the "RR" version of the $$ glitch bike. Back up to the end of the runway, then hold back on L stick as you accelerate. You should be able to check that you got this while still in the race. And take your time, no other racers.
27 - Combat - The Bounty Hunter - Take out targets and collect the Bounties (25x) - Very easy to boost with 1 other player in an invite only session
28 - Combat - Killstreaker - Earn a 10+ killstreak in DM - Very easy to boost with 1 other player in an invite only session. Do a DM w/ score limit 10. Suicides in the midst of your streak will void the award.
29 - Combat - Smoke 'Em Out - Get the most kills during a Gang Attack - Initiate a gang attack with one other player taking part. May be wise for the other player to get at least 1 kill (not confirmed that this is necessary however).
30 - Combat - Bloodiest Of The Bunch - Get the most kills in a 4 player Survival - Gather 3 other people, choose a Survival, get the most kills in round 1, then have everyone kill themselves when round 2 starts. Choose "Replay" and repeat.

Here are a few others that I thought would be easy/straightforward, or I was close to getting also:
Victory - The Champion - Win (50x) Races - I was at 36/50, need to have 1 other person, should come naturally with Criminal Records boosting, etc.
Victory - Impromptu Champion - Win (25x) Impromptu Races - I had 0, but imagined this would be very easy to boost with a friend
Victory - Out of Five - Win a 5 set tennis match - Easy to boost, but long/boring
Victory - Straight Sets - Win a match in straight sets - Would stack with "Out of Five"
General - War Pig - Participate in 25 different DMs - Like 25 different races, may not up the counter if you use "replay" or choose another DM from the post-game screen. Should be easy nonetheless
General - Hole In One - Achieve a hole in one in golf - Not super easy, but may as well concentrate on this (holes 3 & 6) while knocking off the 25 birdies. A nice bonus if you could pull it off.
General - Ace - Serve (25x) aces in tennis - Should stack with "Out of Five" and "Straight Sets"
General - The Hustler - Earn ($50,000) through betting - When playing a betting gametype with a friend, have the winner bet $100 and the loser bet $2500. Winner makes $$$, but the loser will likely net a loss. Alternatively you can flip those bets, no one will lose money, but it will take longer to reach $50,000. I was at $42k from races, this one isn't hard.
Crimes - Vehicle Thief - Steal (500x) vehicles - I was at 456. A nice spot is the end of the tunnel on the NE of the map on the freeway. Cars can't really go around you. Hop in the front one, hop out, hop in the one that just pulled up, etc etc etc

Hope this helps!
Old 10-16-2013, 02:16 PM   #288
wexsuvslim

wexsuvslim's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
The Record Holder - hold a world record in a Rockstar race

How do you do this?
i got lucky enough to get this within the first couple of days before all the "unexplainable unless u somehow cheated" times started appearing, lol

i think this is going to be tough to do at this point unless u are unbelievably good at racing, which i am not
Old 10-16-2013, 03:27 PM   #289
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wexsuvslim View Post
i got lucky enough to get this within the first couple of days before all the "unexplainable unless u somehow cheated" times started appearing, lol

i think this is going to be tough to do at this point unless u are unbelievably good at racing, which i am not
Yeah, I mentioned earlier that I randomly got it to unlock the other day during my racing grind. Seeing as a lot of the times are modded, this is pretty much impossible to get legit.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:14 PM   #290
The Duke of Darkness

The Allslayer's Gamercard

If you change the setting that shows the world record time when you press down on the dpad (forgot its name) to personal you should get The Record Holder.

Last edited by The Duke of Darkness; 10-16-2013 at 09:16 PM.
The Duke of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:45 PM   #291
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke of Darkness View Post
If you change the setting that shows the world record time when you press down on the dpad (forgot its name) to personal you should get The Record Holder.
Can anyone else confirm this?
Old 10-16-2013, 10:10 PM   #292
mast3r 0r0m1s

I didn't get it. But I was also solo, don't know if you need someone else.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:30 AM   #293
Dante Kasai

Send a message via Skype™ to Dante Kasai

Dante Kasai's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Is the 4 hours in a helicopter medal consecutive or cumulative? I really don't want to hover in the air for a solid chunk of the day when it can be spent doing other stuff.

Completions: 44
Completion Percentage: 99.47%
Dante Kasai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 02:32 AM   #294
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodring View Post
Is the 4 hours in a helicopter medal consecutive or cumulative? I really don't want to hover in the air for a solid chunk of the day when it can be spent doing other stuff.
It is cumulative.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:33 AM   #295
XoNiNjAlEoNoX

Quote:
05 - Victory - Every Race - Win every type or race; land/air/sea
09 - Victory - All Rounder - Win every game mode (all Race & DM types); land/air/sea/rally/dm/tdm ... maybe competitive missions too?
so you didn't do last team standing, bike race and vehicle deathmatch to get those awards?

thanks for your tips tho

Just another freak, in the freak kingdom.
...shame that it's a mad world.
XoNiNjAlEoNoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 02:43 AM   #296
BiggD
125 More Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Submit - Diamond   Community Gaming - Bronze   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   10,000 posts
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
These awards are actually a pain in my fucking penis.

Thanks to XeroFox for the sinister signature!

Batman: Arkham City | XBA Blog
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 06:10 AM   #297
mast3r 0r0m1s

You just have to know what ones not to go for and have a good boosting partner(s). Other than that its pretty easy.
Old 10-17-2013, 07:14 AM   #298
StarDreamer99

StarDreamer99's Gamercard
Yes, some of these awards are very time consuming, but not too difficult if you actually have the time to devote to this endeavor.

I completed close to 19 over a week ago and then ... ... something screwy happened where most of my awards were reset to zero. I literally watched as my survival wave award went from platinum to gold to silver and to bronze over the course of a few hours. A lot of my other stats were affected too. In the end, I was left with only one platinum award completed. A week later, I'm back to 20 platinums completed with 5 or so very close to completion. I may boost some of the deathmatch ones, which would likely mean that I'll easily get over 30 awards completed.

Needless to say, I have put a lot of hours into GTA online so far.
StarDreamer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 08:03 AM   #299
Grey Delta

Grey Delta's Gamercard

The Rocket Man - RPG kills [100]

Needs to be changed to 50, I'm at 49/50 now

EDIT: I'm fairly sure sticky bombs are 50 too

Last edited by Grey Delta; 10-17-2013 at 08:15 AM.
Grey Delta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 08:08 AM   #300
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhunterrrr View Post
Thanks! Are you sure of this? It looks like it follows the same progression as the other weapons that need 500.

Target Grid is a shooting range challenge.

Special crates will drop randomly.

Survival award - if you read my SECOND POST WITH ALL THE TIPS, you would see I said exactly that.
You're a bit of a hostile person. Maybe he just overlooked it as he was reading the guide. No need to flip out.

Many thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er (xboxachievements.com) for the signature!

My xba account: Crimson Ridley
My PSN account: CrimsonRidley

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.
Crimson Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote