PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > BioShock Infinite > Clash in the Clouds
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-04-2013, 05:19 PM   #1
kiedis1984

kiedis1984's Gamercard
Worst Blue Ribbon Challenge?

What's your least favourite challenge?

I've nearly had it with Duke and Dimwitt Wave 10, it's the last one I need on the arena. The RPG guys keep firing at each other which results in a fail because of inflicted RPG damage; I played it today and failed the Ribbon Challenge instantly because the enemies we being attacked by Crows... I just spawned into the maps and there were crows everywhere! I didn't even use Murder of Crows in the last wave!!! My. jaw. droped!

Oh well, guess I'll spend another 10 minutes clearing out the first nine waves again!?!

I don't hate this DLC, but it does have some serious issues.
kiedis1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 04:05 AM   #2
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I hated the decoy one (wave nine I think) on Raven's Dome. Took me three tries because the first time I failed it, the second time my game froze, and the third time I finally managed to do it.

All the others took 1-2 tries.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:16 PM   #3
Fiery Phoenix

Valiant Phoenix's Gamercard
I honestly didn't think there were too bad overall (though some were still annoying), but the hardest ones are definitely in Emporia Arcade. I can think of the decoy with the Handymen, for example. Literally hated that one.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:25 PM   #4
BiggD
71 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Decoy challenge on Emporia Arcade. Raven's Dome Decoy challenge was easy with youtube videos...but those Handymen always act differently for everyone unlike the snipers and Patriots on Raven's Dome.

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 04:04 AM   #5
DOMAN127

DOMAN127's Gamercard
Probably the decoy challenges, but if I recall correctly the last one I got was the "60 seconds with only vigors" one in Raven's Dome
DOMAN127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 06:45 PM   #6
Reggiez

Reggiez's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Had not played this for a long time and just recently started again. Nothing is very hard (when fully powered) if the AI just wasn't absolutely garbage. I hate the AI with a passion now. I have failed so many rounds because of "Friendly Fire" or "Free fall" that happen for no reason whatsoever. It is not even that rare for enemies to kill themselves when I've never seen them at all.

Not being able to pick waves really breaks this mode when stuff like this happens so often.

I like the combat but this is just sad. Give me a fair challenge or get the mechanics nailed down. Hate when stuff like this makes it hard and not the challenge in itself.

So to chime in with this thread. All of the waves that makes you kill something first or in a certain way are the worst. To much margin for the AI to kill itself.
Old 06-08-2014, 01:48 AM   #7
OmeletteYouFinish

OmeletteUFinish's Gamercard
I am currently playing my way through the DLC trying to beat all of OPS Zeal and Duke & Dimwit before continuing to Raven's Dome and Emporia.
The hardest of OPS Zeal is definitely the "Kill each enemy with a different vigor" or whatever (wave 15). This may have been easy for some but as someone who just has no natural skill at video games it's rather obnoxious. I have all the other ribbons in OPS Zeal but I can't seem to get the last one.
Currently I am playing Duke & Dimwit after getting tired of fighting through 14 waves just to get to the one I want.
In Duke & Dimwit I think I got most frustrated with the "kill the handyman with the tesla coil" one but I'm sure if I play through the rest of it and beef my health up more it won't be such a pain. Also "kill 2 enemies with a possessed patriot" because by the time the patriot turns around to shoot at the other enemies the possession has worn off. REALLY annoying.
OmeletteYouFinish is offline   Reply With Quote