PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-05-2013, 02:59 AM   #1
Your Dead McFly

Your Dead McFly's Gamercard
Does anyone feel the environment is lame?

Does anyone else feel that there is so much out there but not much interaction in the environment. Rockstar did a great job going into detail of this city. But if you go to any random home, mansion, business. There are steps, ladders, and entrances that lead to a section that is detailed but nothing there to do. I always like investigating a property, but this game there is nothing to find. Other than maybe a letter in regards to the achievement about L. Johnson. But then you don't get to read anything in the letter fragment. I honestly think the game is getting boring after main story.

Last edited by troy0891; 10-05-2013 at 03:13 PM. Reason: removed inappropriate closing comment
Your Dead McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 03:10 AM   #2
Doktor Wilhelm

Location: North East, England, United Kingdom, Europe, Earth, Sol System.

Doktor Wilhelm's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I agree, it's one of the main issues the game has, a lack of interiors and such.

You get to read the whole letter once you've finished it.

Franklin ain't no crack-head!
It's likely that Trevor is a meth-head though...

"Video games don't affect kids. If Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Marcus Brigstocke
Doktor Wilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 03:23 AM   #3
iBuzz7S

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Yeah, it kinda sucks that after putting so much detail into the smaller things, which look amazing for a game of this size, they just cut it off right when it was getting interesting.

iBuzz7S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 03:23 AM   #4
Your Dead McFly

What it comes down to is 15 year old white kids wanting to walk through Franklins shoes to see what thug life is like.
http://youtu.be/pOVPcS2ZKHE

When in fact they need to stick with the uniform god gave them. Cause thug life is bout adapting and survival. Just ask Jodi.
http://youtu.be/iK_c3BPl1Kw

Stick with my Michael, young bloods.
Old 10-05-2013, 06:16 AM   #5
burntt0ad
Banned User

burntt0ad's Gamercard
how is the environment lame? it's a city surrounded by mountains, a desert, and beaches. at least it's better than gta iv all gta iv had was 3 cities and a few islands. big fucking whoop.
burntt0ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 06:27 AM   #6
Hishoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by burntt0ad View Post
gta iv had was 3 cities and a few islands. big fucking whoop.
And GTA5 has one city with a lot of back country with a few mountain roads.. "big fucking whoop" also? To be honest, the way you just described GTA4 seems much more better than GTA5 when you read it objectively.

Last edited by troy0891; 10-05-2013 at 03:16 PM. Reason: removed flame war
Hishoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 01:06 PM   #7
Your Dead McFly

Quote:
how is the environment lame? it's a city surrounded by mountains, a desert, and beaches. at least it's better than gta iv all gta iv had was 3 cities and a few islands. big fucking whoop.
Well I understand everything is in great detail. I give them credit for that. It's small stuff like the pier. Even the loading screen says "visit the pier and enjoy the rides". Their are 2 dinky rides. You can't interact with the game booths. Riding the Farris wheel isn't exactly fun from a video game standpoint.

And again I understand a game like this you can't create interiors of buildings. But atleast make items you can interact with or even read, or points of interest.
Old 10-05-2013, 01:10 PM   #8
Your Dead McFly

GTA IV sucks. San Andreas was better tha IV. Even though it was ghetto-fied
Old 10-05-2013, 03:18 PM   #9
E10phoenix

darkphoenix1992's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Your Dead McFly View Post
What it comes down to is 15 year old white kids wanting to walk through Franklins shoes to see what thug life is like.
http://youtu.be/pOVPcS2ZKHE

When in fact they need to stick with the uniform god gave them. Cause thug life is bout adapting and survival. Just ask Jodi.
http://youtu.be/iK_c3BPl1Kw

Stick with my Michael, young bloods.
Wow...are you trying to be an idiot with these posts?
Old 10-05-2013, 04:01 PM   #10
Your Dead McFly

Quote:
Originally Posted by E10phoenix View Post
Wow...are you trying to be an idiot with these posts?
Sorry I didn't add any anime or Final Fantasy videos. I shall do that on the next one.
Old 10-05-2013, 04:25 PM   #11
Barad
Maximum Club's Warrior

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Diamond   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Achievement Guide - Emerald   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester
Total Awards: 24 (more» ...)
The environment is one of the best I've sever seen in a game. While you're flying around the map to uncover it all you see all the different types of areas and it's amazing. There could be way more interiors and shit but oh well. There's plenty to do and buy, and find. Maybe there should be exploration missions like AC3 and a better hunting system otherwise I'm happy so far.

His name be Francis

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 04:25 PM   #12
JORDAN K 95

Send a message via Skype™ to JORDAN K 95

JORDAN K 95's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
the map is great. not as good as san andreas

and im dissapointed you cant go in many buildings anymore!

Thanks for the sig Gackt

BF4 RANK:
JORDAN K 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 05:36 PM   #13
XoNiNjAlEoNoX

I disagree.

Just another freak, in the freak kingdom.
XoNiNjAlEoNoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 08:41 PM   #14
ExDeath928

ExDeath928's Gamercard
Well on one hand the outdoors environments are beautiful and much more fun to hang around than in GTAIV, on the other hand I do kinda miss going in some of the random buildings and such. It's still there, but I imagine R* wanted to focus on making the whole land incredible, which they succeeded.

ExDeath928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 05:50 AM   #15
Evo Kazz

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Platinum   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Tyger7   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 29 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Your Dead McFly View Post
Sorry I didn't add any anime or Final Fantasy videos. I shall do that on the next one.

Lmao

Anyways....I love this game world, this is truly a fantastic game, people bitch too much.

Arcade Crazy - 26 - Over Achiever - 54 - XB1 Points - 85
Franchise Clubs - 7x Tier 1, 3x Tier 2, 1x Tier 3
Staff Clubs - 11

Evo Kazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 06:52 AM   #16
MasterSparky

mastersparky's Gamercard
Definitely wish there were more interiors. You have a massive open world with so much detail but the fact you cant enter hardly any buildings scrubs a lot of the realism from the game.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:02 AM   #17
burntt0ad
Banned User

burntt0ad's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterSparky View Post
Definitely wish there were more interiors. You have a massive open world with so much detail but the fact you cant enter hardly any buildings scrubs a lot of the realism from the game.
all the things already packed onto gta v is the limit for the current gen. i'm sure they thought about people going into buildings but they couldn't add it. we need to wait for gta 6 on next gen *maybe*?
Old 10-06-2013, 09:09 AM   #18
Evo Kazz

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Platinum   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Tyger7   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 29 (more» ...)
The buildings you can enter tho are pretty awesome, I love the Lifeinvader HQ.

Arcade Crazy - 26 - Over Achiever - 54 - XB1 Points - 85
Franchise Clubs - 7x Tier 1, 3x Tier 2, 1x Tier 3
Staff Clubs - 11

Evo Kazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:41 AM   #19
Hishoa

Quote:
all the things already packed onto gta v is the limit for the current gen. i'm sure they thought about people going into buildings but they couldn't add it. we need to wait for gta 6 on next gen *maybe*?
I don't know if this is accurate at all. The fact that they can divide up information between two discs seems to suggest that they could've went into more detail with interier areas if they wanted to. As it's been demonstrated plenty of times, the world of GTA5 loads only the areas that are near you; loading the interiors of particular buildings that are also near you would act in a similar way I imagine -- I think the excuse of it being the "limit for the current gen" doesn't hold much water when the information for these interior areas could've just as easily been placed onto one of the two discs and be utilized when a circumstance called for it.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:51 AM   #20
Chicago Bearhawks

Chris is C00L's Gamercard
Quote:
Please don't make posts about information you are completely wrong on/don't know anything about.
Chicago Bearhawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:49 AM   #21
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
So basically the question is how much further could they push the poor 360 hardware? Who knows really.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:05 AM   #22
thacent

Ian O Rourke's Gamercard
I've been telling everyone to take their time with the story cause in my opinion once its over that its, the game is sooooooo boring with awful side missions.
Old 10-06-2013, 11:20 AM   #23
fresh fish 101

fresh fish 101's Gamercard
does anyone else feel that we as gamers are as spoiled as ever. this environment and level of detail has NEVER been achieved like this before. sure, Skyrim had things to do but lets be honest, quite repetitive things. and FYI, there's not an unlimited amount of space on an xbox 360 disc so I'm sure they get to a point where they simply can't add anymore. if they could detail every interior of every building I'm sure they would, but they can't, unless you want a game with no missions... but awesome interiors. even if they did detail every interior, we the gamers really, really would not appreciate it and would still find reasons to complain, sooo...

100% CLUB: Alan Wake - Battlefield: BC2 - Burnout: Paradise -
Deus Ex: HR - Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Far Cry 3 - Hitman: Absolution -
LA Noire - Mafia II - Portal: Still Alive - Portal 2 - Prince of Persia: TFS -
Red Dead Redemption - Skate - Skate 3 - Sleeping Dogs

fresh fish 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:52 PM   #24
Hishoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresh fish 101 View Post
and FYI, there's not an unlimited amount of space on an xbox 360 disc so I'm sure they get to a point where they simply can't add anymore.
No one suggested there was an "unlimited amount of space" on a game disc. It was simply surmised that because they're capable of putting the game onto more than one disc, instilling a bit more interior areas was more than feasible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresh fish 101 View Post
if they could detail every interior of every building I'm sure they would, but they can't, unless you want a game with no missions... but awesome interiors. even if they did detail every interior, we the gamers really, really would not appreciate it and would still find reasons to complain, sooo...
Honestly.. again, no one suggested that every single building in GTA5 have an explorable interior -- it was only suggested that there should be more interior spaces, period.

When you think about it, the immense and detailed ocean floor doesn't add much realism to the game simply for the fact that we're primarily there only for collectables. Do you disagree that focusing more on interior spaces around areas we frequent MUCH more than under the sea is a more practical use of resources and disc space? I mean, surely gamers are much more likely to stroll into a building than go through the effort of getting a sub and sinking to the bottom of the ocean, no?
Old 10-06-2013, 08:06 PM   #25
rymajn

rymajn's Gamercard
They can add everything anyone could ever want, and people would STILL find something else they could have done.

That's just the way it is.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:42 PM   #26
burntt0ad
Banned User

burntt0ad's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hishoa View Post
I don't know if this is accurate at all. The fact that they can divide up information between two discs seems to suggest that they could've went into more detail with interier areas if they wanted to. As it's been demonstrated plenty of times, the world of GTA5 loads only the areas that are near you; loading the interiors of particular buildings that are also near you would act in a similar way I imagine -- I think the excuse of it being the "limit for the current gen" doesn't hold much water when the information for these interior areas could've just as easily been placed onto one of the two discs and be utilized when a circumstance called for it.
it is. the fact that they even used two discs is pushing the limit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Bearhawks View Post
Please don't make posts about information you are completely wrong on/don't know anything about.
excuse me? oh so i'm bullshitting now right? are you fucking retarded? look this shit up on google you idiot.

god damn i hate stupid people!
Old 10-06-2013, 09:32 PM   #27
cjdavies

cjdavies82's Gamercard

I'm happy with it, so much to do without the interior.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:22 PM   #28
Lavindathar

Send a message via Skype™ to Lavindathar

Lavindathar's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Gold   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Apprentice   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - troy0891   Free Agents - Third Place   Over Achiever - Gold   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Cilisien   GRID 2 Award   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 30 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdavies View Post
I'm happy with it, so much to do without the interior.
Wi regards to the argument about interiors and disk space....that wouldn't solve the issue.

There's two ways to do it...implement open world, or use loading screens to segregate areas.

Having it open world, the 360 wouldn't be able to cope if you added interiors to many buildings. It's stretched as it is now. You'd be adding another 30% to the game world etc.

And they could of done loading screens, but, I'm guessing they didn't want them every time you entered a building.
Last Achievement : No Point In Dying - LIMBO (Xbox One) - 100g
Last 100% Completion : LIMBO (1000g) (Xbox One)

Thanks to Rajeanero for the avatar and Fishman for the sig.
Lavindathar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:23 PM   #29
Hishoa

Quote:
it is. the fact that they even used two discs is pushing the limit.
Hardly. There's been plenty of games that have an install disc and a play disc -- that alone doesn't determine whether or not they're "pushing the limit". It's simply a means of allowing you to access more information; both from the installed content and the disc that's currently in the HDD.

I am also curious why you only responded to my discs statement and not the rest. Do you honestly feel that Rockstar couldn't have allowed the game to load more interior areas within a radius of your position in-game? I assume you know that that's how the game loads normally. I'd be able to buy your "limit" statement if GTA5 loaded and updated all areas of gameplay in real-time.. but that's not the case. It's much similar to Minecraft and its load chunks, if anything.

tl;dr a game coming on two or more discs is not mutually exclusive with it "pushing the system to the limit".

Quote:
excuse me? oh so i'm bullshitting now right? are you fucking retarded? look this shit up on google you idiot.

god damn i hate stupid people!
Overreact much? The guy made a snide suggestion and you respond with "retard", "idiot" and "stupid" all in one go? Come now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavindathar View Post
You'd be adding another 30% to the game world etc.
That's exactly what they did with the ocean exploring.. but I'm pretty sure that's more than 30%. How did that work out? I don't think I've heard a single person be excited about being able to explore the ocean floor -- if anything, the collectables relating to the sub seem to be everyone's least favorite.

Last edited by Hishoa; 10-06-2013 at 10:27 PM.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:35 PM   #30
burntt0ad
Banned User

burntt0ad's Gamercard
Quote:
Hardly. There's been plenty of games that have an install disc and a play disc -- that alone doesn't determine whether or not they're "pushing the limit". It's simply a means of allowing you to access more information; both from the installed content and the disc that's currently in the HDD.

I am also curious why you only responded to my discs statement and not the rest. Do you honestly feel that Rockstar couldn't have allowed the game to load more interior areas within a radius of your position in-game? I assume you know that that's how the game loads normally. I'd be able to buy your "limit" statement if GTA5 loaded and updated all areas of gameplay in real-time.. but that's not the case. It's much similar to Minecraft and its load chunks, if anything.

tl;dr a game coming on two or more discs is not mutually exclusive with it "pushing the system to the limit".
google it. you're too narrow minded to understand that gta v is at the limit for current gen. Rockstar themselves even said they wanted to add so much more but couldn't.

Quote:
Overreact much? The guy made a snide suggestion and you respond with "retard", "idiot" and "stupid" all in one go? Come now.
Excuse me? i don't need someone calling me a liar. the shit annoys me and he deserves to be called what i said to him. got a problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavindathar View Post
Wi regards to the argument about interiors and disk space....that wouldn't solve the issue.

There's two ways to do it...implement open world, or use loading screens to segregate areas.

Having it open world, the 360 wouldn't be able to cope if you added interiors to many buildings. It's stretched as it is now. You'd be adding another 30% to the game world etc.

And they could of done loading screens, but, I'm guessing they didn't want them every time you entered a building.
thank you at least someone understands.