PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2013, 10:37 PM   #31
Lavindathar
 
Lavindathar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Manchester, England
Posts: 6,895
Send a message via Skype™ to Lavindathar

Lavindathar's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Gold   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Apprentice   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - troy0891   Free Agents - Third Place   Over Achiever - Gold   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Cilisien   GRID 2 Award   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 30 (more» ...)
@hish - probably the ocean does count for a bit....but I would guess that was just filler content.

They could sculpt that landscape quickly, using random terrain generators etc, and if they duplicate stuff, no one would ever notice. However, sculpting loads of interiors so theta re unique, would take time.

I think the underwater was just added to padd out content.

Anywha, I don't work for them and like everyone else, have no real clue why interiors weren't added. Just my thoughts.
__________________
322,572
325 completed games to 100%
91.18% completion percentage
Last Achievement : No Point In Dying - LIMBO (Xbox One) - 100g
Last 100% Completion : LIMBO (1000g) (Xbox One)

Thanks to Rajeanero for the avatar and Fishman for the sig.
Lavindathar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:58 PM   #32
cjdavies
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Wales
Posts: 2,168

cjdavies82's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavindathar View Post
And they could of done loading screens, but, I'm guessing they didn't want them every time you entered a building.
I wouldn't want it, it ruins the game.
__________________
cjdavies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:37 PM   #33
Hishoa
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,217

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by burntt0ad View Post
google it. you're too narrow minded to understand that gta v is at the limit for current gen. Rockstar themselves even said they wanted to add so much more but couldn't.
Are you always so needlessly hostile? Regardless what Rockstar may have said, let me remind you your reasoning why you incessantly feel that GTA5 is "pushing the limit":

Quote:
Originally Posted by burntt0ad View Post
it is. the fact that they even used two discs is pushing the limit.
I kindly explained that just because a game shipped on two or more discs does not mean that it was pushing the system to the limit, which is exactly what you implied. You entirely left out Rockstar's sentiments. I think it's mighty silly that you call me narrow-minded when I'm simply going off the information (or lack there of) that you provided, which unfortunately was incorrect (i.e. the assumption that two or more discs guarantees a system expounding to its limits).

Quote:
Originally Posted by burntt0ad View Post
Excuse me? i don't need someone calling me a liar. the shit annoys me and he deserves to be called what i said to him. got a problem?
Nobody gives a shit what you need or don't need -- your reaction to his at-best snide remark demonstrates the hilariously thin skin you have when it comes to strangers over the internet. If anyone here has a problem it's you. I suggest you take a much-needed chill pill (which I've kindly directed you to below.) You're now excused as per your request.

Amazon link (under $5):
Amazon.com: Futurebiotics Chill Pill (Calmness Formula) Tablets, 60 Count: Health & Personal Care Amazon.com: Futurebiotics Chill Pill (Calmness Formula) Tablets, 60 Count: Health & Personal Care


Hishoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:25 AM   #34
burntt0ad
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 503

burntt0ad's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hishoa View Post
Are you always so needlessly hostile? Regardless what Rockstar may have said, let me remind you your reasoning why you incessantly feel that GTA5 is "pushing the limit":



I kindly explained that just because a game shipped on two or more discs does not mean that it was pushing the system to the limit, which is exactly what you implied. You entirely left out Rockstar's sentiments. I think it's mighty silly that you call me narrow-minded when I'm simply going off the information (or lack there of) that you provided, which unfortunately was incorrect (i.e. the assumption that two or more discs guarantees a system expounding to its limits).



Nobody gives a shit what you need or don't need -- your reaction to his at-best snide remark demonstrates the hilariously thin skin you have when it comes to strangers over the internet. If anyone here has a problem it's you. I suggest you take a much-needed chill pill (which I've kindly directed you to below.) You're now excused as per your request.

Amazon link (under $5): Amazon.com: Futurebiotics Chill Pill (Calmness Formula) Tablets, 60 Count: Health & Personal Care


the game is maxed out on the console what do you not get about that? and i'm not really "mad" if that's what you're getting at. i'm annoyed because i got two people bitching at me going "oh you're a liar you need proof to back up your theory". google is my theory look it up yourself. then you go and say that Chicago Bearhawks is right and i'm wrong. apparently when someone gets called a liar *me*. other people say that guy is right *you* even though the other person *me again* can back up their statement.

the people on this site nowadays... man what fucking happened... too many ignorant trolls.

Last edited by burntt0ad; 10-07-2013 at 12:30 AM.
burntt0ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:45 AM   #35
Hishoa
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,217

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by burntt0ad View Post
the game is maxed out on the console what do you not get about that?
I'm not saying it isn't "maxed out". I'm saying it isn't "maxed out" for the reasons of being shipped on two or more discs. "What do you not get about that" indeed.


Quote:
Originally Posted by burntt0ad View Post
and i'm not really "mad" if that's what you're getting at.
I'm not too sure why you have mad in quotations as I've yet to use that word to describe you. Having a problem does not equate to being mad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burntt0ad View Post
i'm annoyed because i got two people bitching at me going "oh you're a liar you need proof to back up your theory".
If this is referencing me, I'm not too sure why. As I attempted earlier, I was only explaining why a game being on two discs doesn't insinuate that it will push the console to its limit (which is what you initially conveyed.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by burntt0ad View Post
google is my theory look it up yourself.
Google isn't a theory. It's an internet search engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burntt0ad View Post
then you go and say that Chicago Bearhawks is right and i'm wrong.
Care to show me where I said Chicago Bearhawks was right and that you were wrong? Please use quotes appropriately and not put words in my mouth. Other than trying to explain the disassociation between the amount of discs a game is split between and reaching a console's limit, I only shared my own personal reasonings why Rockstar could have perhaps added a few more interior areas throughout the game. I also expressed some disappointment in Rockstar deciding to dedicate so much area to the sea floor where players would otherwise spend no time at all (other than to disappointingly snag collectibles).

Above all else, I did not know that simply sharing a differing opinion than you meant I was vehemently telling you how wrong you were. I mean, surely I'm calling you a narrow-minded retard, an idiot and telling everyone how stupid you are, right? Oh, wait.. that's what you do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burntt0ad View Post
apparently when someone gets called a liar *me*. other people say that guy is right even though the other person can back up their statement.
Again, care to quote me where I agreed with Chicago? If I recall correctly, I simply said that you overreacted to his statement. Here's some perspective:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypothetical Conversation

Random Stranger: "I think you're a liar."

You: "Fuck you you fucking fuck fuck. How fucking dare you fucking open that fucking mouth of fuckery. Go fuck in the fuck, you fuckfucker. Fuck!"

Bystander: "Dude, calm down."

You: "WHY ARE YOU AGREEING WITH HIM AND NOT ME? I HAVE SOURCES!!1!one!"
Hope that helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burntt0ad View Post
the people on this site nowadays... man what fucking happened... too many ignorant trolls.

Last edited by Hishoa; 10-07-2013 at 01:03 AM.
Hishoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:01 AM   #36
burntt0ad
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 503

burntt0ad's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hishoa View Post
I'm not saying it isn't "maxed out". I'm saying it isn't "maxed out" for the reasons of being shipped on two or more discs. "What do you not get about that" indeed.




I'm not too sure why you have mad in quotations as I've yet to use that word to describe you. Having a problem does not equate to being mad.



If this is referencing me, I'm not too sure why. As I attempted earlier, I was only explaining why a game being on two discs doesn't insinuate that it will push the console to its limit (which is what you initially conveyed.)



Google isn't a theory. It's an internet search engine.



Care to show me where I said Chicago Bearhawks was right and that you were wrong? Please use quotes appropriately and not put words in my mouth. Other than trying to explain the disassociation between the amount of discs a game is split between and reaching a console's limit, I only shared my own personal reasonings why Rockstar could have perhaps added a few more interior areas throughout the game. I also expressed some disappointment in Rockstar deciding to dedicate so much area to the sea floor where players would otherwise spend no time at all (other than to disappointingly snag collectibles).

Above all else, I did not know that simply sharing a differing opinion than you meant I was vehemently telling you how wrong you were. I mean, surely I'm calling you a narrow-minded retard, an idiot and telling everyone how stupid you are, right? Oh, wait.. that's what you do.



Again, care to quote me where I agreed with Chicago? If I recall correctly, I simply said that you overreacted to his statement.



burntt0ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:05 AM   #37
Hishoa
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,217

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by burntt0ad View Post
-snip-
So it was the troll accusing others of being a troll. You got me, I can't disagree.
Hishoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:06 AM   #38
burntt0ad
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 503

burntt0ad's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hishoa View Post
So it was the troll accusing others of being a troll. You got me, I admit it.
wasn't even trolling. but hey if that's what you're rolling with then whatever.
burntt0ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:09 AM   #39
THE DUTCH T0UCH
 
THE DUTCH T0UCH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5

THE DUTCH T0UCH's Gamercard
LOL you guys are great, it's a good read lol
THE DUTCH T0UCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:11 AM   #40
burntt0ad
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 503

burntt0ad's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DUTCH T0UCH View Post
LOL you guys are great, it's a good read lol
i don't even know what happened. one minute i'm saying the game is at it's limit on current gen. and the next minute i'm in some argument with a 16-year-old that doesn't understand a word i'm saying.
burntt0ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:20 AM   #41
Hishoa
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,217

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by burntt0ad View Post
and the next minute i'm in some argument with a 16-year-old that doesn't understand a word i'm saying.
I can't begin to describe the irony attached to this statement.
Hishoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:25 AM   #42
burntt0ad
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 503

burntt0ad's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hishoa View Post
I can't begin to describe the irony attached to this statement.
all you should of said to me was "yeah i'm sure there is a limit or gta v is the limit on the consoles". but nah you get in this silly argument. guess the irony is pointed towards you my friend.
burntt0ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:32 AM   #43
Hishoa
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,217

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by burntt0ad View Post
all you should of said to me was "yeah i'm sure there is a limit or gta v is the limit on the consoles". but nah you get in this silly argument. guess the irony is pointed towards you my friend.
I never disagreed that there isn't a limit for the Xbox 360 console. You have a nasty habit of forcing words into my mouth. I only suggested that GTA5 could have also expounded a bit with interior areas considering the way they load portions of the map as if they were chunks. You seem to have it in your head that I'm standing here screaming at you telling you that you're wrong and insulting you for it.. again, the irony of that is palpable.
Hishoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:37 AM   #44
burntt0ad
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 503

burntt0ad's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hishoa View Post
I never disagreed that there isn't a limit for the Xbox 360 console. You have a nasty habit of forcing words into my mouth. I only suggested that GTA5 could have also expounded a bit with interior areas considering the way they load portions of the map as if they were chunks. You seem to have it in your head that I'm standing here screaming at you telling you that you're wrong and insulting you for it.. again, the irony of that is palpable.
wow if you forgot what you said to me on page 1 then you're stupid i'm sorry. also think of it like this designing more interior areas for the game would mean they would have to remove other features. there's a thing called lack of space. with the already massive map and massively detailed ocean floor i doubt they can make interiors for every building. be lucky you can even go in a few of them. i'd suggest waiting for next gen with whatever gta game Rockstar decides to make.

also look at the MP some of the safe houses are literally cut and paste interior. another reason they couldn't make everything individually different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hishoa View Post
And GTA5 has one city with a lot of back country with a few mountain roads.. "big fucking whoop" also? To be honest, the way you just described GTA4 seems much more better than GTA5 when you read it objectively.
>few mountain roads. you clearly haven't explored the entire map then. gta v is more attractive looking and has a bigger array of environment compared to gta iv. so big fucking whoop.


anyway i think i'm done here i don't need mods yelling at me for being off-topic for 1 and half pages.

Last edited by burntt0ad; 10-07-2013 at 01:43 AM.
burntt0ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:47 AM   #45
Hishoa
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,217

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by burntt0ad View Post
wow if you forgot what you said to me on page 1 then you're stupid i'm sorry.
Nope. Didn't forget it at all. It's still my opinion that the way you described GTA4 objectively sounds better than the way you described GTA5. Does that make you wrong? Not at all. I can't imagine living in a world where everyone who shares a differing opinion than you is automatically considered "stupid". You may as well be one of those people who equate being an agnostic with being an atheist in that they can't distinguish between an unsure belief with an assertion of falsehood. Considering how you've reacted and presented yourself when considering such, I believe I can hear the echoings of Chicago Bearhawks..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Bearhawks View Post
Please don't make posts about information you are completely wrong on/don't know anything about.
This is the first time I've agreed with Chicago Bearhawks now, despite being under a completely different context.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burntt0ad View Post
few mountain roads. you clearly haven't explored the entire map then. gta v is more attractive looking and has a bigger array of environment compared to gta iv. so big fucking whoop.
An opinion of yours that you're not wrong for having. Do you see how easy it is to be accepting of other's opinions despite disagreeing with them? It would do you much good to learn this simple act of decency. Honestly, I could pick from at most a dozen instances in this thread where you've insulted or berated someone for having a different opinion than you; it's quite worrisome, actually.

Last edited by Hishoa; 10-07-2013 at 01:53 AM.
Hishoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:59 AM   #46
burntt0ad
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 503

burntt0ad's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hishoa View Post
Nope. Didn't forget it at all. It's still my opinion that the way you described GTA4 objectively sounds better than the way you described GTA5. Does that make you wrong? Not at all. I can't imagine living in a world where everyone who shares a differing opinion than you is automatically considered "stupid". You may as well be one of those people who equate being an agnostic with being an atheist in that they can't distinguish between an unsure belief with an assertion of falsehood. Considering how you've reacted and presented yourself when considering such, I believe I can hear the echoings of Chicago Bearhawks..
you said you disagreed with me. which means you don't believe me.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Hishoa View Post
This is the first time I've agreed with Chicago Bearhawks now, despite being under a completely different context.
his post wasn't even constructive. telling me i don't have proof lol wow. google is proof. and on something you post earlier going "google isn't proof it's a search engine". naw do ya think? the proof is when you search for it using google.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Hishoa View Post
An opinion of yours that you're not wrong for having. Do you see how easy it is to be accepting of other's opinions despite disagreeing with them? It would do you much good to learn this simple act of humanism. Honestly, I could pick from at most a dozen instances in this thread where you've insulted or berated someone for having a different opinion than you; it's quite worrisome, actually.
my opinion is wrong what? i beg to differ i'm sure there are millions of people that would say gta iv looks ugly compared to V. dozen instances of what? us arguing? you're pretty much the only person i've been talking to in this thread. except the other 3 but that's different.

see what i fail to understand is your lack of not understanding what i'm saying to you. the game is hitting the limit for consoles even Rockstar said it themselves. i can't understand why you fail to understand this concept. you think making interior spaces for every building is no problem.

that's the typical gta player. when they wanted something to be added in a new gta game it was added. now people want more and more.


knew i said i was done but you just wont stop sit and think about what you're posting. all of this could of been done a page ago if you agreed with me or even to some extent said i was partially right. but naw.
burntt0ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:38 AM   #47
Hishoa
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,217

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by burntt0ad View Post
you said you disagreed with me. which means you don't believe me.
I believe you are wrong. That does not mean you are wrong. This is the core idea behind having an opinion:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burntt0ad View Post
what do you not get about that?


Quote:
Originally Posted by burntt0ad View Post
his post wasn't even constructive. telling me i don't have proof lol wow. google is proof. and on something you post earlier going "google isn't proof it's a search engine". naw do ya think? the proof is when you search for it using google.
For someone who's so intent on telling others how stupid they are because they have a different opinion, all you've done is exclaim over and over "I have proof! Google is my proof!".. but haven't offered up anything substantial. Yes, Chicago's post wasn't constructive and didn't offer up proof.. but neither did yours. You may as well be the lady in this video at 0:33.


Now, does this mean there isn't proof out there? No, of course not. At the very least all you've done is fail to produce this proof and instead try to shift the burden of it onto someone else. You're the one making the asserting that X is true. Show us evidence that demonstrates X as true. It really is not that hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burntt0ad View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hishoa View Post
An opinion of yours that you're not wrong for having.
my opinion is wrong what? i beg to differ
Look. Either you love trying to speak for me or you lack proper reading comprehension. Which is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by burntt0ad View Post
i'm sure there are millions of people that would say gta iv looks ugly compared to V.
Yes, those are called opinions. We all have one. This is what I've been trying to demonstrate to you. Are you all caught up now?


Quote:
Originally Posted by burntt0ad View Post
dozen instances of what?
Why are you asking this? It's literally in the chunk of text you quoted: let me highlight it for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hishoa
I could pick from at most a dozen instances in this thread where you've insulted or berated someone for having a different opinion than you
Quote:
Originally Posted by burntt0ad View Post
you think making interior spaces for every building is no problem.
Please quote me where I said it wouldn't be a problem for them to add interior spaces for every building. I'm still waiting on my various other requests of you I've made earlier in this thread. I won't hold my breath though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burntt0ad View Post
knew i said i was done but you just wont stop sit and think about what you're posting. all of this could of been done a page ago if you agreed with me or even to some extent said i was partially right. but naw.
So this is you claiming you won't stop arguing with someone until they share the same view as you? What is this, the Crusades?

Last edited by Hishoa; 10-07-2013 at 02:47 AM.
Hishoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 03:38 AM   #48
burntt0ad
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 503

burntt0ad's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hishoa View Post
I believe you are wrong. That does not mean you are wrong. This is the core idea behind having an opinion:







For someone who's so intent on telling others how stupid they are because they have a different opinion, all you've done is exclaim over and over "I have proof! Google is my proof!".. but haven't offered up anything substantial. Yes, Chicago's post wasn't constructive and didn't offer up proof.. but neither did yours. You may as well be the lady in this video at 0:33.

Woman At VP Debate Calls Obama A Communist - YouTube

Now, does this mean there isn't proof out there? No, of course not. At the very least all you've done is fail to produce this proof and instead try to shift the burden of it onto someone else. You're the one making the asserting that X is true. Show us evidence that demonstrates X as true. It really is not that hard.



Look. Either you love trying to speak for me or you lack proper reading comprehension. Which is it?



Yes, those are called opinions. We all have one. This is what I've been trying to demonstrate to you. Are you all caught up now?




Why are you asking this? It's literally in the chunk of text you quoted: let me highlight it for you.





Please quote me where I said it wouldn't be a problem for them to add interior spaces for every building. I'm still waiting on my various other requests of you I've made earlier in this thread. I won't hold my breath though.



So this is you claiming you won't stop arguing with someone until they share the same view as you? What is this, the Crusades?
you have to be the biggest idiot on this site. you still don't understand and i probably wont expect you with that narrow minded head of yours. alas i guess that how most people are nowadays.

also inb4 saying i'm narrow minded and bla bla bla. i feel like im arguing with a wall. and yes i'm talking about you. everything i say seems to not go into your head. i don't get it.

Last edited by burntt0ad; 10-07-2013 at 03:42 AM.
burntt0ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:03 AM   #49
Slaytalllica
 
Slaytalllica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Santa Cruz, California
Posts: 74

Slaytalllica's Gamercard
Yes, I really do personally. It's huge and detailed yes, but I feel like it's a very boring map.
I thought I was the only one.

(Like I've said before though, I really can respect what this game has achieved technologically and how it doesn't have loading screens and such, that's really incredible!)

Compared to the 80's beach town atmosphere in Vice City and the 3 completely different cities in San Andreas, this is such a lacking map. For me personally, the mountains and stuff do nothing, so 75% of the map is lost for me.

The city just isn't as grandiose (in terms of atmosphere) as I felt it was in previous titles.
__________________
Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.


Last edited by Slaytalllica; 10-07-2013 at 04:06 AM.
Slaytalllica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:18 AM   #50
Hishoa
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,217

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by burntt0ad View Post
you have to be the biggest idiot on this site. you still don't understand and i probably wont expect you with that narrow minded head of yours. alas i guess that how most people are nowadays.

also inb4 saying i'm narrow minded and bla bla bla. i feel like im arguing with a wall. and yes i'm talking about you. everything i say seems to not go into your head. i don't get it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaytalllica View Post
Yes, I really do personally. It's huge and detailed yes, but I feel like it's a very boring map.
I thought I was the only one.
Big and detailed indeed. The interactivity of it leaves room for improvement, though sadly. But I suppose that's what you meant when you said boring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaytalllica View Post
Compared to the 80's beach town atmosphere in Vice City
I was wondering what was missing.. it's those bikini'd ladies wearing roller skates from the previous titles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaytalllica View Post
The city just isn't as grandiose (in terms of atmosphere) as I felt it was in previous titles.
Whereas it took me quite awhile to get familiar with my surroundings in earlier titles with what the three cities, I can't say the same for GTA5. The one city, for me, was plenty disappointing. Maybe if they instead chose to have an additional city in place of the exceedingly unimportant and unused underwater terrain that exists primarily for collectible hunting, my opinion would be different. I wonder what the DLC will have in store for us.

Last edited by Hishoa; 10-07-2013 at 04:22 AM.
Hishoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:31 AM   #51
burntt0ad
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 503

burntt0ad's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hishoa View Post
youmad.png


Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaytalllica View Post
Yes, I really do personally. It's huge and detailed yes, but I feel like it's a very boring map.
I thought I was the only one.
can't understand this boring thing you're trying to get at. what's boring about it? personally there is a lot more vast things in the environment that you can do compared to previous gta titles anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaytalllica View Post
Compared to the 80's beach town atmosphere in Vice City and the 3 completely different cities in San Andreas, this is such a lacking map. For me personally, the mountains and stuff do nothing, so 75% of the map is lost for me.
man the mountains are the best in this game get a vehicle and drive it off Mt. Chiliad it's so fun. vice city was so bland i don't even know why. maybe if gta 6 will remake vice city and make it better i might consider changing my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaytalllica View Post
The city just isn't as grandiose (in terms of atmosphere) as I felt it was in previous titles.
what gta title has a better atmosphere than V? obviously not IV or any of the PS2 titles. i mean i can understand an opinion *inb4 Hishoa quote* but i think you're wrong. the atmosphere in this game is outstanding so many of the finer little details they added makes the city so much nicer looking. ever see it from a plane at night? be-a-utiful *yes i understand where this comes from don't mention it*.

Last edited by burntt0ad; 10-07-2013 at 04:44 AM.
burntt0ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:17 AM   #52
Slaytalllica
 
Slaytalllica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Santa Cruz, California
Posts: 74

Slaytalllica's Gamercard
Quote:
what gta title has a better atmosphere than V?
In my opinion, Vice City is by far the best because it centers around the 80s. San Andreas had one as well (even though I didn't care for the SA atmosphere at all)

V is void of any kind of atmosphere, the city just exists. This style of thinking might be a little too "advanced" though, for lack of a better word lol.
__________________
Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

Slaytalllica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:11 AM   #53
burntt0ad
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 503

burntt0ad's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaytalllica View Post
In my opinion, Vice City is by far the best because it centers around the 80s. San Andreas had one as well (even though I didn't care for the SA atmosphere at all)

V is void of any kind of atmosphere, the city just exists. This style of thinking might be a little too "advanced" though, for lack of a better word lol.
well vice city was interesting but it lacked a lot of stuff. i mean i know it was a 2002 game and of course they couldn't fully mimic Miami. but idk it still feels meh. the atmosphere in V is glorious though. try flying a plane at night the city lights up and looks amazing. or try driving down a mountain in a car. i feel like you can do so much more with the environment compared to other gta games.
burntt0ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:16 AM   #54
Slaytalllica
 
Slaytalllica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Santa Cruz, California
Posts: 74

Slaytalllica's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by burntt0ad View Post
well vice city was interesting but it lacked a lot of stuff. i mean i know it was a 2002 game and of course they couldn't fully mimic Miami. but idk it still feels meh. the atmosphere in V is glorious though. try flying a plane at night the city lights up and looks amazing. or try driving down a mountain in a car. i feel like you can do so much more with the environment compared to other gta games.
Yeah, I get what you're saying, it looks nice and I totally agreed to that.

But the way I'm using trying to use the word "atmosphere" is much different than that, much deeper so to say.

I'll try to define it just as feeling/sensation/emotion, like everything that's around you.


Like Vice City had that 80s ocean town feeling, all the Hawaiian shirts and cool colors. The styles, the cars.

All the references to pop-culture of the time & the perfect songs that played on the radio.
It all made you feel very in tune to the world and atmosphere of 80s Miami that it was trying to recreate, like in Magnum P.I or Miami vice.

Maybe you just had to be there to understand how special the recreation of that world was to fully appreciate it, I'm not sure.

Also the TONE is completely different. SA and V try to recreate this kind of "urban" tone, and that doesn't really do anything for me whatso ever.

GTA III & Vice City have way way different tones than the 360 titles do.


V is okay I guess, but it just doesn't seem special to me, it just seems ordinary.
__________________
Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.


Last edited by Slaytalllica; 10-07-2013 at 10:39 AM.
Slaytalllica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:46 PM   #55
cjdavies
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Wales
Posts: 2,168

cjdavies82's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by burntt0ad View Post
the atmosphere in V is glorious though. try flying a plane at night the city lights up and looks amazing. or try driving down a mountain in a car. i feel like you can do so much more with the environment compared to other gta games.
I did that at night was taking photos.

Love driving up the mountains with my car and driving off, not recommended for a motorbike though lol
__________________
cjdavies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:49 PM   #56
Burnout x360a
 
Burnout x360a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Surrey, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,478

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdavies View Post
Love driving up the mountains with my car and driving off, not recommended for a motorbike though lol
I do that frequently and mostly to escape the police attention lol
__________________


^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:29 PM   #57
littlejay
 
littlejay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Arkansas - Kansas for pirates.
Posts: 4,357

Fuzzmeister J's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
The city looks great, but yeah, not much to do once missions are gone. But that's any open world game. Having freedom during missions is what makes the games great. I get bored in just about every open world game once the missions run out.

I am 55 hours in, about 2/3 through the main story, got about 15 stranger missions left, and only missing sub pieces for collectibles (screw that). It's been great exploring, but with things to do running out, Ill have 0 interest in the city once I am 100% (mp excluded of course)
__________________
littlejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:45 PM   #58
cjdavies
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Wales
Posts: 2,168

cjdavies82's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout x360a View Post
I do that frequently and mostly to escape the police attention lol
Seems to be the easiest way to get away from them.


Quote:
Originally Posted by littlejay View Post
The city looks great, but yeah, not much to do once missions are gone. But that's any open world game. Having freedom during missions is what makes the games great. I get bored in just about every open world game once the missions run out.

I am 55 hours in, about 2/3 through the main story, got about 15 stranger missions left, and only missing sub pieces for collectibles (screw that). It's been great exploring, but with things to do running out, Ill have 0 interest in the city once I am 100% (mp excluded of course)
Same here, which is why I am buying properties now rather til the end to do those little missions, also randomly messing around until all done.
__________________

Last edited by cjdavies; 10-07-2013 at 04:48 PM.
cjdavies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:21 PM   #59
Hishoa
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,217

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaytalllica View Post
Like Vice City had that 80s ocean town feeling, all the Hawaiian shirts and cool colors. The styles, the cars.

All the references to pop-culture of the time & the perfect songs that played on the radio.
It all made you feel very in tune to the world and atmosphere of 80s Miami that it was trying to recreate, like in Magnum P.I or Miami vice.

Maybe you just had to be there to understand how special the recreation of that world was to fully appreciate it, I'm not sure.

Also the TONE is completely different. SA and V try to recreate this kind of "urban" tone, and that doesn't really do anything for me whatso ever.

GTA III & Vice City have way way different tones than the 360 titles do.


V is okay I guess, but it just doesn't seem special to me, it just seems ordinary.
Don't forget that everyone in GTA5 seems to hate you for simply existing. There's a whole thread dedicated to the hostility of NPC's, which would easily kill any atmospheric feeling you previously had.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=543632
Hishoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:47 PM   #60
burntt0ad
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 503

burntt0ad's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaytalllica View Post
Yeah, I get what you're saying, it looks nice and I totally agreed to that.

But the way I'm using trying to use the word "atmosphere" is much different than that, much deeper so to say.

I'll try to define it just as feeling/sensation/emotion, like everything that's around you.


Like Vice City had that 80s ocean town feeling, all the Hawaiian shirts and cool colors. The styles, the cars.

All the references to pop-culture of the time & the perfect songs that played on the radio.
It all made you feel very in tune to the world and atmosphere of 80s Miami that it was trying to recreate, like in Magnum P.I or Miami vice.

Maybe you just had to be there to understand how special the recreation of that world was to fully appreciate it, I'm not sure.

Also the TONE is completely different. SA and V try to recreate this kind of "urban" tone, and that doesn't really do anything for me whatso ever.

GTA III & Vice City have way way different tones than the 360 titles do.


V is okay I guess, but it just doesn't seem special to me, it just seems ordinary.
mhm.. i get what you're saying. me personally i never grew up in the 80's. but i do know the theme of it you know that kind of thing. still vice city didn't properly re-create it. i think GTA VI might do that. *might*
burntt0ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 05:48 PM.