PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-13-2010, 09:38 PM   #1
NSTNAMOD

WORST Spiderman game ever. Sucks so Bad

And I've played them all too bad it has Crappy camera Restricted movements
NSTNAMOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:45 PM   #2
Gor1lla

gor1lla the one's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Thanks for sharing your opinions
I enjoyed this game and the Platinum Hunt. Sure, the camera while crawling was bad, but endurable.

Third in Germany to 1000 Batman: AA
First in Germany to 1000 Batman: AC
Gor1lla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 10:49 PM   #3
Teth Amon

Goauld Imotep's Gamercard
I thought this one was very good. Better than the games of the past.

I have to admit the wall crawling camera needs a patch other than that this is a great Spiderman game.
Old 10-14-2010, 02:16 AM   #4
daishichi

Daishichi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Guys, look through the reviews for every Spidey game so far. The camera is always an issue...because no one else does what Spidey does. There just doesnt seem to be a good way of tracking a character that can crawl on walls and ceiling, and who sometimes cares about what's ahead on the wall and other times what's below on the ground. I'll give you props if you can name another franchise that faces such problems, and I might give you a blowjob if you can name one that's come up with a solution.

All a Spidey game can do is minimize the importance of this unsolvable problem, and Dimensions did that. There are about 5 minutes in 20 hours of gameplay where this mattered at all. More annoying to me were the two sections (Sandman and Carnage) where you have to swing toward the camera.
Old 10-14-2010, 05:00 AM   #5
toolieo

Toolieo's Gamercard
The camera hasn't been a problem yet.
Tho the part at Sandman wasn't fun, died 3 times before i realised that it was just a bad camera angle and had to keep moving.
toolieo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 10:41 AM   #6
Drasker 4o1

Drasker 4o1's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by daishichi View Post
Guys, look through the reviews for every Spidey game so far. The camera is always an issue...because no one else does what Spidey does. There just doesnt seem to be a good way of tracking a character that can crawl on walls and ceiling, and who sometimes cares about what's ahead on the wall and other times what's below on the ground. I'll give you props if you can name another franchise that faces such problems, and I might give you a blowjob if you can name one that's come up with a solution.

All a Spidey game can do is minimize the importance of this unsolvable problem, and Dimensions did that. There are about 5 minutes in 20 hours of gameplay where this mattered at all. More annoying to me were the two sections (Sandman and Carnage) where you have to swing toward the camera.
I agree that it hasn't been much of an issue in the game so far (still have to do octopus, carnage and mysteryo as I type) but I also don't see why they have to change the way your character moves on the screen when you stick to a wall... To be more clear:

when you are on the ground if you move up you always move towards the top of the screen no matter where you are facing, same goes for moving left, right and down.

Now why the hell if you are crawling on a wall or ceiling should you move in the direction you are facing when moving up on the controller?

Another possible solutions would be to switch to first person view when on walls/ceilings...

BTW: I'm loving this game!

Last edited by Drasker 4o1; 10-14-2010 at 10:44 AM.
Drasker 4o1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 06:14 PM   #7
xDante1986

New xDante1986's Gamercard
sorry but for me is it the best spidey game ever ....I get 1000G yeasterday and ti was great
Old 10-14-2010, 07:11 PM   #8
BillyKlyde

BillyKlyde's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSTNAMOD View Post
WORST opinion ever. And I've heard them all, too bad you're restricted by your stupidity.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:41 PM   #9
ApocalypticJoker

Lamb3ntSpartan's Gamercard
maybe the next Spidey game should go into First Person when you're on the walls. That way if you do a wall-snag it can go into third person and the player still has absolute control over where they go and how far...but the game does PWN.
The only thing I find annoying (besides the wall crawl) is the noir stuff where you absolutely MUST stay hidden because as nice as that is, if you get caught you're standing around for about a full minute waiting for the underpaid goons to turn around so you can try again. Freakin' lame (and yes I know you can attack them anyways but if there's more than one or two you die FAST on hard)
Warface
World of Tanks
Injustice: Gods Among Us
Sacred Citadel
SoulCalibur 5
Titanfall (360)
ApocalypticJoker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 11:28 PM   #10
F Swan

Ferocious Swan's Gamercard
I really enjoyed this game, and coming from someone who dislikes the spiderman character normally especially his games, it must be good!
F Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 08:25 PM   #11
Bleeding Star

bleeding star x's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Highly disagree with it being the worst, the game is amazing

You say you played them all, how the hell can you consider this worse than Spiderman 3 may I ask? I played a loved all Spiderman games, but I can easily say Spiderman 3 was the worst
Old 10-27-2010, 06:05 AM   #12
Crimson Son88

Calmlydisturbed's Gamercard
To me Friend or Foe was way worst. I wasn't expecting it to be a little kid's game when I bought it.
Crimson Son88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 03:37 PM   #13
Eazynem Makaveli

The SMSD game is amazing. i'm loving the cartoony worlds and i'm loving the game. Almost every new future games should have cartoony worlds. Only one thing i don't like is the Crawling wall bad movement.
Eazynem Makaveli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 12:44 AM   #14
JCreazy

JCreazy's Gamercard
I am going to wait until the price drops on this before I pick it up
0000/1000 Star Wars: Battlefront III
JCreazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 10:33 AM   #15
Density Jo

Density Jo's Gamercard
Quote:

so ur actually saying the game's crappy just because of the camera restricted movements, how silly, well, it's the best i've seen.

50,000G Achieved on 01/06/2011 by "The best pirate I've ever seen" Achievement (LEGO Pirates)
70,000G Achieved on 20/10/2012 by "Sage" Achievement (AC: Revelations)
Xbox Died in 2012 so I cant be bothered to buy a 4th one in case that one dies as well
Moved to PS3 now, sorry, PSN DensityJo if you want to get in touch

Density Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 01:34 PM   #16
wexnlex

Oo TeH WeX oO's Gamercard
Everyone has an opinon, but I actually really enjoyed the graphics, swinging around, and story. I am about to head over to the shop to rent this for another a week to get it finished since I didn't get everything done last week because of work.
Old 11-28-2010, 10:00 AM   #17
CyanideSpirit

Send a message via Yahoo to CyanideSpirit

CyanideSpirit's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I actually enjoy playing the spiderman games, and this one was fun to me

First on x360a.org to complete Zeno Clash 2!
CyanideSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 01:51 PM   #18
Grummy

Grumftheld's Gamercard
Worst ever? Hardly. That goes to Ultimate Spiderman for me, hated that game.

But there's no denying this game DOES have some problems. The 4 main ones for me are:

The wall crawling is probably the worst in any Spiderman game yet.
The response times when you hit buttons are sometimes very slow, more than a few times I fell, having to 'rescue' myself on the very first level because the web zip just wouldn't fire, despite the icon being on the pillars etc.
The stealth sections in Noir are very hit and miss, on more than one occasion I've been spotted doing something where I really shouldn't have, or I've web zipped somewhere completely different to where I was aiming.
The checkpoints are occasionally really poorly spaced out.

Despite these problems, I think the game is excellent. The art style is truly awesome, I love watching the different style cutscenes. The levels are well designed, allowing you to be spiderman, embracing the differing styles of each dimension, and yet not tying the game to a sandbox city.

For me, this is one of those games that I'd love for them to make a 2nd one so they could polish those few niggling little problems.

Web of Shadows still rates as my favourite Spiderman game, but this is a solid 2nd place.

http://www.360voice.com/tag/Grumftheld

My First Guide!! Way of the Samurai 3
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/g...ai-3-us/guide/
If you have any questions, please pm me on here then send me a message on Live to let me know its here and I'll get to it asap.
Grummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 10:54 PM   #19
Valdarez

Valdarez's Gamercard
Quote:
You obviously haven't played many Spider-Man games. This is the easily the best one I have played to date.
Old 12-24-2010, 05:53 PM   #20
Damian 83
Banned User

Damian83's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyKlyde View Post
WORST opinion ever. And I've heard them all, too bad you're restricted by your stupidity.
i completely agree!
Damian 83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 03:15 PM   #21
MattyBoosh

MATTY B00SH's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Really? You've played them all? Even the first Spidey game on the Atari 2600? That's impressive...
In my opinion, the worst ever Spidey game was Spider-Man vs Venom: Maximum Carnage on the SNES.

I personally, think this isn't actually that bad a game, frustrating camera angles aside - I like what they've tried to attempt at least.

"It's my belief that history is a wheel. 'Inconsistency is my very essence,' -says the wheel. Rise up on my spokes if you like but don't complain when you're cast back down into the depths. Good times pass away, but then so do the bad. Mutability is our tragedy, but it's also our hope. The worst of times, like the best, are always passing away."
MattyBoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:59 PM   #22
THUGGEDOUT

THUGGEDOUT1's Gamercard
I personally wouldn't call this the worst Spider-Man game ever. I have only played and Spidey 3 and out of the two, the worst is Spidey 3, hands down. Camera on SD isn't as bad and haven't had to replay boss fights over and over due to there being no button mashing crap constantly coming up...

"Mr. Mojo Rising!! "

THUGGEDOUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:53 AM   #23
tongump

tongump's Gamercard
this game rocks, comparable to wolverine origins. And the achievements are a treat. Got my 1000/1000 yesterday
tongump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:15 AM   #24
Yusuke620

Yusuke620's Gamercard
I agree this game fuckin sucks. Got stuck on the boss fight with Kraven twice.

First glitched to where he was standing there glowing and would not move and if i touched him i would get hurt.

Second glitch he had infinite health no matter what i did i could not hurt him so after reloading the game a third time i finally beat him.

Now on the first fight with hammerhead and he has infinite heath as well. So this game definitely blows.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:02 PM   #25
encryptedband

encryptedband's Gamercard
Wow I'm surprised all the problems people are having. I'm nearly done and haven't had a single issue yet (other then minor camera problems). I've enjoyed it more then any spiderman game I've played, so hopefully I don't run in to any of these problems on the last boss or two.
encryptedband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 02:50 PM   #26
TheRock420RVD

Send a message via AIM to TheRock420RVD

Rock420RVD's Gamercard
I liked it better than Web of Shadows

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

TheRock420RVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 03:13 AM   #27
CIF

BloodngunsMrphy's Gamercard
Wall crawling is annoying, but I'd rather have a camera lock-on button during boss fights. Stealth in Noir isn't the best, but it provides some variety and Spidey Sense helps (just like Detective Mode in Arkham Asylum).
Old 11-20-2011, 07:40 PM   #28
Ratpelt

ratpelt's Gamercard
One of the better Spidey games, I'd say. The camera when wall crawling (and ESPECIALLY ceiling crawling) is very poor though, it must be said.

While I do enjoy this game a great deal, I don't accept that bad wall cams are a necessity for Spidey games - the N64 Spiderman game had outstanding camera functionality. Not only did it work well when it had to, you would often be more comfortable moving through levels on the safety of the ceiling than going a more traditional route.
Ratpelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 07:43 PM   #29
Ratpelt

ratpelt's Gamercard
Also, if I'm wrong then fair play, but whenever I hear "the game glitched and I couldn't hurt the enemy", I tend to call utter bullshit. As in sometimes when I'm drunk and trying to play a skill-based game, it glitches and I can't do it.
Ratpelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 03:51 PM   #30
TheBritt2001

Send a message via ICQ to TheBritt2001 Send a message via AIM to TheBritt2001 Send a message via MSN to TheBritt2001

thebritt2001's Gamercard
Kind of strange, I actually felt SD was pretty fantastic. It's great fun, I loved playing through it and haven't minded going through it more than once to get the stuff I've missed (stuck at the moment because I can't get my games where I am; bugger). To be honest, I haven't had any problems or glitches and while the camera could often have done with been better, there are much worse camera issues in many other games.

Admittedly I do find the Noire stages a bit frustrating at times, but they're still great and a good edition to the game. To boot, the split between four spider-mans (spider-men?) is a great plot device and helps to make the game more varied.

I tried the demo of "Friend or Foe"... now that was terrible...
TheBritt2001 is offline   Reply With Quote