PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-06-2013, 09:47 AM   #1
Chicago Bearhawks

Chris is C00L's Gamercard
How to make cars faster/have better traction?

Is there any way to improve traction or top speed on any vehicles? It seems from LSC that all you can do is max out acceleration and add about 1% to brakes, at he very best. Am I missing anything?

Also, why are the stats in game/LSC different than an actual race. It always has my acceleration maxed out in the game or when I'm at the shop, but if I go to use that car in a race, it has crappy acceleration?
Chicago Bearhawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:20 AM   #2
SpinelesS

Mr SpinelesS's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Doesn't wheel type change traction?

I always assumed that the offroad tires gave you greater traction, especially when your... offroad.

SpinelesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:05 PM   #3
Nitnoid

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Bearhawks View Post
Is there any way to improve traction or top speed on any vehicles? It seems from LSC that all you can do is max out acceleration and add about 1% to brakes, at he very best. Am I missing anything?

Also, why are the stats in game/LSC different than an actual race. It always has my acceleration maxed out in the game or when I'm at the shop, but if I go to use that car in a race, it has crappy acceleration?
Is it front wheel drive or rear wheel? Lowering tire pressure will increase traction. Also, rear spoiler will increase traction. Better grip tires too. Although, in most cases, better traction will result in lower top end speed.

Of course, it depends on whether they simulate this or not in the game.
Nitnoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:34 PM   #4
Lavindathar

Send a message via Skype™ to Lavindathar

Lavindathar's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Gold   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Apprentice   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - troy0891   Free Agents - Third Place   Over Achiever - Gold   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Cilisien   GRID 2 Award   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 30 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitnoid View Post
Is it front wheel drive or rear wheel? Lowering tire pressure will increase traction. Also, rear spoiler will increase traction. Better grip tires too. Although, in most cases, better traction will result in lower top end speed.

Of course, it depends on whether they simulate this or not in the game.
They don't....we could also go into lowering the center of gravity or increasing downforce using incremental front wing splitters, but that would be just as pointless.....
Last Achievement : 100 Times Too Many - Alien Isolation (Xbox One) - 5g
Last 100% Completion : Alien Isolation (1000g) (Xbox One)

Thanks to Rajeanero for the avatar and Audilicious for the sig.
Lavindathar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:58 PM   #5
Chicago Bearhawks

So I'm correct in that acceleration and a tiny, tiny bit of braking are the only stats that can be raised?

Also, has anyone else noticed different stats between their vehicles when they're in the shop/garage and when they're in game? I have acceleration maxed out on every vehicle, but when I get to a race, it may only be about halfway filled when it shows the stats.
Old 10-07-2013, 12:13 AM   #6
snipingheadshot

Send a message via AIM to snipingheadshot

Faux News 79's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Bearhawks View Post
Also, has anyone else noticed different stats between their vehicles when they're in the shop/garage and when they're in game?
Yes. It seems like you can't use modifications in races.
You're an idiot. Your dog is black. They're going to the movies. There is my car. Their dog is gone. It had no effect on me. That didn't affect me. We left, then we went to the store. He is smarter than you. It's time to leave. That dog lost its collar. His pants are loose. He is going to lose the game. I am going to the store. He has two dogs. I want to go, too. What clothes are you going to wear? They were going to the store. Where are the dogs? This is elementary level English.
snipingheadshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:09 AM   #7
burntt0ad
Banned User

burntt0ad's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipingheadshot View Post
Yes. It seems like you can't use modifications in races.
wait are you talking about SP or MP? are there even races in SP? i don't really remember. but i'm sure you can use car mods in races in MP.
burntt0ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:26 AM   #8
Lavindathar

Lavindathar's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Gold   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Apprentice   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - troy0891   Free Agents - Third Place   Over Achiever - Gold   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Cilisien   GRID 2 Award   5,000 Posts
You can use mods in races online.

Make sure you own a modded car in The class your racing, then just find your custom car in the car select.

Old 10-07-2013, 02:12 AM   #9
snipingheadshot

Send a message via AIM to snipingheadshot

Faux News 79's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by burntt0ad View Post
wait are you talking about SP or MP?

are there even races in SP?
Online.

Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavindathar View Post
You can use mods in races online.

Make sure you own a modded car in The class your racing, then just find your custom car in the car select.
I used my modified Buffalo with full acceleration and was being beat on the straights by a stock Buffalo without them slipstreaming (private match). Not to mention, the stats don't even show you the accurate stats for your modified cars when you're in a race, as if the modifications don't work.
You're an idiot. Your dog is black. They're going to the movies. There is my car. Their dog is gone. It had no effect on me. That didn't affect me. We left, then we went to the store. He is smarter than you. It's time to leave. That dog lost its collar. His pants are loose. He is going to lose the game. I am going to the store. He has two dogs. I want to go, too. What clothes are you going to wear? They were going to the store. Where are the dogs? This is elementary level English.
snipingheadshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:32 AM   #10
Chicago Bearhawks

For me, it shows a difference in my acceleration, but it's not the maxed out one that I see in my garage and the shop. Say a car has a 7/10 Acceleration as stock. My game will tell me it's maxed at 10/10, but if I go to a race, the fully upgraded version will be like 7.5/10.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:37 AM   #11
Lavindathar

Lavindathar's Gamercard

Hmm strange, I've not noticed. I was gonna buy the turbo for mine, might not now at 45k

Old 10-07-2013, 10:43 AM   #12
JDMHatchG

JDMHatchG's Gamercard
One thing to note is that although the brake upgrades don't look like they are making much difference or add a huge amount to the stat bar it still greatly improves the stopping ability.
JDMHatchG is offline   Reply With Quote