PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-06-2013, 10:09 PM   #61
hobotripin

hobotripinLJ's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavindathar View Post
Defiance

I could only do that if I was like, level 10 or something. I'm gonna wait, I've put about thirty hours in so far.
Same here with the hours, I see no reason why the can't get our characters back
hobotripin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:11 PM   #62
blfire

Avoids's Gamercard
Quote:
Defiance

I could only do that if I was like, level 10 or something. I'm gonna wait, I've put about thirty hours in so far.
exactly I put some deep time into this level 31 im gonna wait.
Old 10-06-2013, 11:08 PM   #63
trymemf

L22 Furious's Gamercard
Updated 10/6/13: We are continuing to investigate the causes of the lost progress and what can be done to minimize the impact until a permanent fix is in place. Also, we have not forgotten about the requests for restoration. We are in the process of determining the options for addressing the issues for those players who have been affected. Please stay tuned for further updates here.

Thank someone they are aware of the issues. I guess those 18.000 comments alerted them.

http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/...-in-GTA-Online
Old 10-06-2013, 11:37 PM   #64
Lavindathar

Send a message via Skype™ to Lavindathar

Lavindathar's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Journeyman   The Best of 2014 Challenge Club - Tier 1   Subscriber Clubs Baron   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Gold   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - troy0891   Free Agents - Third Place   Over Achiever - Gold   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Cilisien
Total Awards: 32 (more» ...)
Fingers crossed.
Last 100% Completion : Mortal Kombat X (1000g) (Xbox One)

Thanks to Rajeanero for the avatar and Mr Chaotix for the sig.
Lavindathar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:38 PM   #65
tigersrule

Tiger XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Diamond   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - tigersrule   1,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by trymemf View Post
Updated 10/6/13: We are continuing to investigate the causes of the lost progress and what can be done to minimize the impact until a permanent fix is in place. Also, we have not forgotten about the requests for restoration. We are in the process of determining the options for addressing the issues for those players who have been affected. Please stay tuned for further updates here.

Thank someone they are aware of the issues. I guess those 18.000 comments alerted them.

http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/...-in-GTA-Online
I wonder how long it will take them to fix these problems. I have yet to even start up the online, as I'm waiting until this mess is cleaned up a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanish Assault View Post
I've never been to California, but it's going to be a shame that my first trip out there will be mostly me kicking your ass.
Community Blogs | Ambassadors | Community Gaming | Artist of the Month

tigersrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:46 PM   #66
trymemf

L22 Furious's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigersrule View Post
I wonder how long it will take them to fix these problems. I have yet to even start up the online, as I'm waiting until this mess is cleaned up a bit.
If you haven't started yet, wait a bit longer. It feels like a beta stage more than a full release and all the problems will just make you angry over what is a next to perfect multiplayer mode. Wait, wait, wait!!
Old 10-06-2013, 11:59 PM   #67
Ghost Illusions

Vintage Horror's Gamercard
GTA V single player was great, but online is a complete mess. First it took forever to get the tutorial done, then connecting wasn't so bad.

Now that i was connecting fine, i started to grind for money/xp. and my character gets lost at LVL 39! and im not even mad cause i saw it coming. I wish the online part of gta v was just like red dead.

Ghost Illusions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:35 AM   #68
H2O I

Send a message via AIM to H2O I

H2O I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I got lucky, I only lost 3 levels off my lvl 45. and losing 200k that I earned in the time I went from 42 to 45. Very strange.
Old 10-07-2013, 04:33 AM   #69
blfire

Avoids's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O I View Post
I got lucky, I only lost 3 levels off my lvl 45. and losing 200k that I earned in the time I went from 42 to 45. Very strange.
lol lucky u
Old 10-07-2013, 04:37 AM   #70
Done For You

Looks like we will not be getting our characters back since nothing has changed
Done For You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:48 AM   #71
Sqeagy

SQEAGY 4 LIFE's Gamercard
This was on the Rockstar Support Page

Note: Please do NOT use the “Retry” button after receiving the message “Rockstar Cloud Servers are unavailable” as this may result in loss of character data. If you are trying to access GTA Online and Rockstar Cloud Servers are unavailable, please exit to GTAV Story Mode and try entering GTA Online again through the Pause menu in Story Mode. We will be issuing a title update that will fix this issue as soon as possible.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:29 AM   #72
Tehlamah

Tehlamah's Gamercard
Have to revoke my previous statement, tried again this morning and got in without any errors. But my character was now a level 1 and everything is set back to zero on the social page
Tehlamah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:50 AM   #73
Done For You

Well I am contemplating making a new character now. It has been over 24 hours since I lost mine and I shouldn't have to wait this long.
Done For You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:36 AM   #74
Lavindathar

Lavindathar's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Journeyman   The Best of 2014 Challenge Club - Tier 1   Subscriber Clubs Baron   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Gold   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - troy0891   Free Agents - Third Place   Over Achiever - Gold   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Cilisien
Quote:
Originally Posted by Done For You View Post
Well I am contemplating making a new character now. It has been over 24 hours since I lost mine and I shouldn't have to wait this long.
It's not gonna be an instant fix.....

Old 10-07-2013, 10:41 AM   #75
Theticalshelf

Theticalshelf's Gamercard
Since the beginning of GTAO, I had no problems at all, untill now; Level 32 character missing....

I'll wait till they fixed it -sigh-
Theticalshelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:06 AM   #76
Lavindathar

Lavindathar's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theticalshelf View Post
Since the beginning of GTAO, I had no problems at all, untill now; Level 32 character missing....

Same, im actually hunting collectibles now lmao. At least this means that will get done!

Old 10-07-2013, 11:31 AM   #77
Nirumano

Nirumano's Gamercard
Quote:
Same, im actually hunting collectibles now lmao. At least this means that will get done!
Hehe, same here with the gold medals. Was gonna do them after I was done with online, but when the character won't show up I got nothing better to do
Old 10-07-2013, 02:55 PM   #78
xxJUSTINxx

OddFull Metal's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Seeing no one reporting that they got there character back is shitty. I guess I wont be bothering getting on today as I doubt my guy is back either.
Old 10-07-2013, 03:07 PM   #79
XoNiNjAlEoNoX

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxJUSTINxx View Post
Seeing no one reporting that they got there character back is shitty. I guess I wont be bothering getting on today as I doubt my guy is back either.
Yup, I checked earlier and still gone.

Just another freak, in the freak kingdom.
XoNiNjAlEoNoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 03:46 PM   #80
sun100

sun100's Gamercard
Having the same issue....
I had a rank 57 character with £1.35m , previously i lost 8 ranks from a 38 to a 30 and $600K.
I now have the character selection, with my money intact, but with rank 1 ...
sun100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:22 PM   #81
TERMINATOR 2452

TERMINATOR 2452's Gamercard
Manybe all you guys and girls who lost your charater and rank managed to get online before the patch as most of use could not ? Was you boosting money or rank glitches ? Just a thought....
Old 10-07-2013, 06:27 PM   #82
Nirumano

Nirumano's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TERMINATOR 2452 View Post
Manybe all you guys and girls who lost your charater and rank managed to get online before the patch as most of use could not ? Was you boosting money or rank glitches ? Just a thought....
I was able to get online before the patch yes, and did boost some, but I doubt that has anything to do with it. I have lots of people on my friends list that did the same (some boosted alot more even), and none of them have lost their characters.
Old 10-07-2013, 06:30 PM   #83
Lavindathar

Lavindathar's Gamercard

Quote:
Yup, I was online on release date.

But no, didnt boost a thing. Never replayed a mission...I was trying to get the checkmarks against every job...every now and then a duplicate race or deathmatch would come up, but in this game your meant to repeat things...

Thats like saying, play a map on Call of Duty, you cant replay TDM on that same map.

Its just the servers are dead.

The only thing that gets my goat, is that Rockstar wont just say "make a new char, your fucked" or "be patient and youll get restored". I can live with it being down for a week or whatever, I just want to know if I should wait.

Old 10-07-2013, 06:52 PM   #84
The Duke of Darkness

The Allslayer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Apprentice   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Yup, I was online on release date.

But no, didnt boost a thing. Never replayed a mission...I was trying to get the checkmarks against every job...every now and then a duplicate race or deathmatch would come up, but in this game your meant to repeat things...

Thats like saying, play a map on Call of Duty, you cant replay TDM on that same map.

Its just the servers are dead.

The only thing that gets my goat, is that Rockstar wont just say "make a new char, your fucked" or "be patient and youll get restored". I can live with it being down for a week or whatever, I just want to know if I should wait.
Thats the thing. I don't think they know whether they can restore them, so all they can say is they're working on it.
The Duke of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:53 PM   #85
TERMINATOR 2452

TERMINATOR 2452's Gamercard
One more tip only play invite games with your friends as there ton of hackers online ,check any modding site its forums full of new mods there making and using it could affect you if they get in your game or join them. One comment i saw on here was online traffic is crazy thats one mod . Beware the modders. Rockstar are aware of loses , sure they are working on another patch. Are we beta testing this game for rockstar. Love this game. Hope they fix everything FAST.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:04 PM   #86
xxJUSTINxx

OddFull Metal's Gamercard

Quote:
One more tip only play invite games with your friends as there ton of hackers online ,check any modding site its forums full of new mods there making and using it could affect you if they get in your game or join them. One comment i saw on here was online traffic is crazy thats one mod . Beware the modders. Rockstar are aware of loses , sure they are working on another patch. Are we beta testing this game for rockstar. Love this game. Hope they fix everything FAST.
It was only a matter of time before the iso mods started coming out for online. And if they never fixed it in the past games I don't see them doing much here either.

Last edited by xxJUSTINxx; 10-07-2013 at 07:09 PM.
xxJUSTINxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:12 PM   #87
H2O I

Send a message via AIM to H2O I

H2O I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqeagy View Post
This was on the Rockstar Support Page

Note: Please do NOT use the “Retry” button after receiving the message “Rockstar Cloud Servers are unavailable” as this may result in loss of character data. If you are trying to access GTA Online and Rockstar Cloud Servers are unavailable, please exit to GTAV Story Mode and try entering GTA Online again through the Pause menu in Story Mode. We will be issuing a title update that will fix this issue as soon as possible.
great post! Thanks for that, I will make sure to tell all my friends!
Old 10-07-2013, 07:22 PM   #88
Lavindathar

Lavindathar's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke of Darkness View Post
Thats the thing. I don't think they know whether they can restore them, so all they can say is they're working on it.
Nah, its fairly basic as far as hardware and programming goes.

There are only a few real things here : In layman terms .

a) The data server isnt transmitting data between that and the play servers.
b) The data server has been wiped, and R* don't have sister servers used for data backup and rollbacks.
c) The data server has been wiped, and R* do have data backup servers.

So, with

A) We will get our characters back, identical, once the tech error is fixed.
B) We will get nothing back, and have to start again.
C) We will get our characters back, but maybe not at their original level. Maybe a day or two behind.

As I said, its laymans terms, and there are more options but they will boil down to the same thing.

The bug happened around 32hrs ago now, and in that time, I can guarantee they will have identified the problem.

Old 10-07-2013, 07:46 PM   #89
PimplyPete

PimplyPete's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theticalshelf View Post

Same for me, the title update actually broke things for me not fix it. My level 37 with apt 31 on Eclipse tower....gone.

Thanks R*
Old 10-07-2013, 11:09 PM   #90
EMP

MaGiC MaN TJ's Gamercard

Was around level 20 and lost my character and and level. At least I still had my money. Not.

→The Xbox One is freakin Awesome ←
All generalizations are false, including this one.
~ Xbox One | Day One ~
EMP is offline   Reply With Quote