PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-09-2013, 02:15 PM   #1
jholbro5

D Reux87's Gamercard
Unhappy GTA V Broke My Xbox

Well, it finally happened. I have been the proud owner of an original Xbox 360 (circa 2005) for several years now. It has survived several red rings of death, and countless hours of gaming. In the past year, I had increasing problems with my system freezing during gaming, especially with NCAA Football 2013, Red Dead Redemption, and Clash in the Clouds DLC for BioShock Infinite. But with GTA V, all it took was five minutes of playing before it froze . . . and froze . . . and froze again. So, even though my system may still function properly and have no issues, I had to finally give in and buy a new X360 S model to play the last few games on the system before I get a X1.

Farewell, old friend. Amazon better give me my trade-in credit.
jholbro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 02:18 PM   #2
Flibbity Floid

Deadpool Psycko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jholbro5 View Post
Well, it finally happened. I have been the proud owner of an original Xbox 360 (circa 2005) for several years now. It has survived several red rings of death, and countless hours of gaming. In the past year, I had increasing problems with my system freezing during gaming, especially with NCAA Football 2013, Red Dead Redemption, and Clash in the Clouds DLC for BioShock Infinite. But with GTA V, all it took was five minutes of playing before it froze . . . and froze . . . and froze again. So, even though my system may still function properly and have no issues, I had to finally give in and buy a new X360 S model to play the last few games on the system before I get a X1.

Farewell, old friend. Amazon better give me my trade-in credit.
Couldn't possibly be all the prior symptoms you listed that eventually caused the death of your Xbox?

That's like saying someone has been suffering from heart attacks and cardiovascular problems for a decade but the cheeseburger they ate today is what did them in. LOL

My Extra Life Fundraiser Page - http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?...ipantID=101865 -
Flibbity Floid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 02:18 PM   #3
StolenPaper18

StolenPaper18's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
That's a shame. Not sure it needed a new thread, but a shame none the less.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:23 PM   #4
Barad
I wear legendary boxers

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flibbity Floid View Post

That's like saying someone has been suffering from heart attacks and cardiovascular problems for a decade but the cheeseburger they ate today is what did them in. LOL
LOL nicely put.

I'm sorry for your loss, R.I.P. and GTA didn't break your xbox like Floid said the game just finished it off lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotyMcFat View Post
I bought destiny thinking it was a game, instead I got a Zoo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggnogga View Post
Bungie made a game where the most memorable thing about it is the constant spawning of enemies in front a small cave where people would stand and shoot endlessly.
R.I.P. Loot Cave

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 03:07 PM   #5
shooterking69

mastershoter's Gamercard
This happened to me when I got Mass effect 3, but instead of RRoD it did not read disk. luckily beating the hell out of it did the trick so i was able to play.

"Golly, I Better Make Batman A Sandwich Before He Slaps Me Like The Bitch I Am." -Superman
shooterking69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 03:17 PM   #6
jholbro5

D Reux87's Gamercard
True, true. I'm ready for my new Xbox to arrive today! I got a taste and now I'm hooked!
Old 10-09-2013, 03:37 PM   #7
Lavindathar

Send a message via Skype™ to Lavindathar

Lavindathar's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Apprentice   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - troy0891   Free Agents - Third Place   Over Achiever - Gold   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Cilisien   GRID 2 Award   5,000 Posts   Xbox One Launch Title Challenge Club - Tier 2   VGO Gold Medal
Total Awards: 30 (more» ...)
Every game seems to end up with one of these threads....

Coincedence.

On topic, sorry about your box dude!
Last Achievement : Published - Metro Redux (Xbox One) - 40g
Last 100% Completion : Metro Redux (2000g) (Xbox One)

Thanks to Rajeanero for the avatar and Xerofox for the sig.
Lavindathar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 04:53 PM   #8
CrAzYnEsS

I'll make sure I drink one to your lost homie.

I still remember all the times I got the red rings of death. I also remember that 3rd Scarecrow mission in Arkham Asylum that made me think my xbox crashed. Then the time when I smashed my last remaining good fatty xbox 360. Eventually getting a slim one year later, after going on a temporary PS3 Uncharted and MGS4 binge. Oh those were the days.

Cheating doesn't qualify as skills, its just a poor
attempt for a newb to be a pro.

BTW-I kno some of the spelling on my posts, is incorrect, but im just too lazy to fix it srry. Also if n e of my posts have offended n e 1 in n e way, i apologize. PEACE

Last edited by CrAzYnEsS; 10-09-2013 at 04:55 PM.
CrAzYnEsS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 05:58 PM   #9
snipeye

snipeye 17's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jholbro5 View Post
I get a X1.
Truly we live in a horrific time
snipeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 07:34 PM   #10
CrucianSTX

CharlyBwoy's Gamercard
My condolence goes out for your xbox360. Wish you the best with your X1
CrucianSTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 07:42 PM   #11
LeEk MuNcHeR

LeEk MuNcHeR's Gamercard
I've had the same Xbox 360 for several years and like you it's survived many things but the day I bought gta was the day my disc tray decided to pack in and refuse to open.

I wasn't having that so I jammed a screwdriver in and ripped it open but then it wouldn't close so I hit it in and it went in and I was happy. Then realised I had to do it all over again to play the second disc. Managed to get in but not bothered as I won't be taking that game out for a while
LeEk MuNcHeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 03:21 PM   #12
jholbro5

D Reux87's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYnEsS View Post
. . . after going on a temporary PS3 Uncharted and MGS4 binge. Oh those were the days.
I had a similar detour involving Uncharted and inFamous.