Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Feedback > FAQ
Subscribe    Donate

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 04:47 PM   #1
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Community Gaming - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Question

I noticed the sister site is letting all members do a one time name change....would it be possible for us to get something like that as well?

That would be awesome.

NAME CHANGE THREAD ON PS3T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiral 462 View Post
Ha! I really wouldn't mind donkey punching Darkest of Days right now. This game is just really hard to stay focused on.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:08 PM   #2
Kairi

Send a message via Skype™ to Kairi

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   Tri-Gamer Tournament - Runner Up   A+ Thread Award   Staff - Moderator   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver
Total Awards: 24 (more» ...)
It looks like the reason that they are having that is because they still don't have a subscriber program. We already have a way to change names through subscribing, so we have no reason to have a name change period here.
There's no escape for me, it wants my soul, it wants my heart
No one can hear me scream, maybe it's just a dream

ALL HAIL FRANCIS!
Old 10-10-2013, 05:29 PM   #3
Spanish Assault

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Community Gaming - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairi View Post
It looks like the reason that they are having that is because they still don't have a subscriber program. We already have a way to change names through subscribing, so we have no reason to have a name change period here.
I understand that and if I could afford to do it I would subsrcibe. I saw that over there and thought I would ask. It would be nice of the site.....that's all I'm saying.

Quote:
Ha! I really wouldn't mind donkey punching Darkest of Days right now. This game is just really hard to stay focused on.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:42 PM   #4
dakisbac

Send a message via Skype™ to dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Gold Medal   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Third Place   Staff Club - dakisbac   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Personally I feel that the site should allow one free change. A number of different forums allow this - some even have the interface so users can do it themselves - so I don't see why we shouldn't.

I understand Creech is busy, but a name change only takes a few clicks. $10 for that seems a bit much.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:57 PM   #5
AOS Puck

AOS Puck's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   2,500 Posts   Staff/Subscriber Last Man Standing - Third Place   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck   XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Giving out a free name change would undermine the benefit of subscribing. And just a word to the wise, in the past people who've asked for a free name change have ended up coming out of it with worse names.

Read them.... apply them.
Old 10-10-2013, 08:06 PM   #6
Spanish Assault

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakisbac View Post
Personally I feel that the site should allow one free change. A number of different forums allow this - some even have the interface so users can do it themselves - so I don't see why we shouldn't.

I understand Creech is busy, but a name change only takes a few clicks. $10 for that seems a bit much.
It would be nice....heck maybe make it that you have to be on the site a certain amount of time or a certain amount of posts. I guess if it's the only way I'll subscribe for one month...just seems like alot for a couple of clicks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOS Puck View Post
Giving out a free name change would undermine the benefit of subscribing. And just a word to the wise, in the past people who've asked for a free name change have ended up coming out of it with worse names.
Yeah....Moobs comes to mind. Don't you get a bunch of other perks for subscribing? (a sub forum, larger limits for avatar and sig)

I'm not asking for any of that other stuff, so it shouldn't really undermine the subscriber program.

Quote:
Old 10-10-2013, 09:28 PM   #7
AOS Puck

AOS Puck's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   2,500 Posts   Staff/Subscriber Last Man Standing - Third Place   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck   XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona25 View Post
Yeah....Moobs comes to mind. Don't you get a bunch of other perks for subscribing? (a sub forum, larger limits for avatar and sig)

I'm not asking for any of that other stuff, so it shouldn't really undermine the subscriber program.
Yep, but the majority of people subscribe for the name change. Most current subscribers don't even know about the larger limits for sigs & avatars.

Read them.... apply them.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:47 PM   #8
Jakez123
Subscribing Member

Jakez123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Free Agents - First Place   Community Gaming - Bronze   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Quote:
Yep, but the majority of people subscribe for the name change. Most current subscribers don't even know about the larger limits for sigs & avatars.
Well honestly, I don't even think the signature size is even moderated a lot, I've seen many people over the limit.

I think the default sig size on the site should be the same size as the ones on ps3t. But then again, if this was a new rule it'll just take away one incentive for subscribing.

Beating Dirty in Killer Instinct is as easy as 123
Old 10-10-2013, 11:28 PM   #9
Spanish Assault

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakez123 View Post
Well honestly, I don't even think the signature size is even moderated a lot, I've seen many people over the limit.

I think the default sig size on the site should be the same size as the ones on ps3t. But then again, if this was a new rule it'll just take away one incentive for subscribing.
Trust me.....they mods pay attention. They eventually catch them.

But yeah....next month I sign up to subscribe, change my name and see if I like it.

Quote:
Old 10-10-2013, 11:58 PM   #10
VitaminAmy

VitaminAmy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Donator - Level 1   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I was thinking about changing my GT after GSL so having a forum name to match would be cool...
Do people sub for one month just for the option to change?
Old 10-11-2013, 12:02 AM   #11
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 5   Staff Club - troy0891   2,500 Posts   Subscriber - Gold   x360a Representer   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - DeekBoy   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Micro Guide - Emerald
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaminamy View Post
i believe i've seen people do that.

personally, i think this should remain a sub perk. and as far as it being a few clicks, if it was 'open month' for people wanting a name change, i would have thought those few clicks turn into 100's if not 1000's of clicks for all the people wanting to change.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:19 AM   #12
Spanish Assault

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaminamy View Post
I was thinking about changing my GT after GSL so having a forum name to match would be cool...
I can't get a straight answer if that is ok. I am assuming I can cancel my subscription any anytime.

Quote:
Old 10-11-2013, 12:23 AM   #13
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 5   Staff Club - troy0891   2,500 Posts   Subscriber - Gold   x360a Representer   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - DeekBoy   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Micro Guide - Emerald
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona25 View Post
I can't get a straight answer if that is ok. I am assuming I can cancel my subscription any anytime.
of course it's ok. your subscriber tenure is entirely up to you. and for the month you are subscribed, you are entitled to every perk that every other subscriber gets. after your first month, go into your paypal account and cancel the payment.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:02 AM   #14
jackanape
Duchess Gummybuns

jackanape's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shiftie   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - rekikire   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff - Super Moderator   Road Map - Platinum   A+ Thread Award   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - TemporalWizard
Total Awards: 38 (more» ...)
There will not be any free name changes, as you can see at PS3T they are only doing that thread because they don't have a Sub program (yet) so it's a one off thing.

Here we have always been pretty clear that you can only change your name if you subscribe, and that is the way it will remain. Of course you can subscribe for as long (or as little) time as you want, so that's up to you.

Old 10-11-2013, 04:55 PM   #15
Creech
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Creech

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Front Page   Staff - Administrator   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 2   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester
Total Awards: 41 (more» ...)
Jackanape answered any outstanding questions correctly, but I thought I would touch one thing that was brought up....

Quote:
And just a word to the wise, in the past people who've asked for a free name change have ended up coming out of it with worse names.
This is because Minty could be a royal dick at times, which I find unprofessional. If someone asks for a free name change, just direct them to the subscriber program.

Awake, Alert, & Enthusiastic!
The Silicon Rule: If the product is free, then you are the product.
Closed Thread