PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-10-2013, 06:44 PM   #1
Shanesfluffy

Shanevolution's Gamercard
A New Stock Market Collaboration

Since I can't seem to find the old thread about the HAL (HawkAndLittle) stock, I've decided to make another. Since people seemed to have actually been able to influence the stock, as it was i believe 78 cents and then rose to over $33.00, that seemed pretty effective. But as I logged in to GTA 5 today, I noticed it is now on the decline, and I suspect will for awhile.
So I propose a new stock to manipulate. I'm not sure what but I can take a suggestion and post it here for the main eye to see and start the rise again for more cash.
*EDIT* Invest in Badgers. We'll see how this goes

Last edited by Shanesfluffy; 10-10-2013 at 11:14 PM.
Shanesfluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 06:48 PM   #2
blfire

Avoids's Gamercard
I invested all of my money into HAL when you guys first said this I now have about 700+mill on each char
Old 10-10-2013, 07:57 PM   #3
cjdavies

cjdavies82's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I have put about $3,000,000 from Franklin and Michael each a week ago into PIS, no idea how much now as they both locked I only unlocked Trevor, so need to do some missions I think to get it out.

Last edited by cjdavies; 10-10-2013 at 09:42 PM.
cjdavies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:06 PM   #4
snipingheadshot

Send a message via AIM to snipingheadshot

Faux News 79's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesfluffy View Post
Since people seemed to have actually been able to influence the stock, as it was i believe 78 cents and then rose to over $33.00, that seemed pretty effective.
It's impossible to know what caused the price to rise. Since people can create multiple saves and theoretically pour hundreds of billions of dollars into the market, it seems very unlikely that singleplayer actions have any effect on the BAWSAQ market. The increase in price could have been Rockstar staff's actions in GTA Online before it was released to the public. But again, it's impossible to know.
You're an idiot. Your dog is black. They're going to the movies. There is my car. Their dog is gone. It had no effect on me. That didn't affect me. We left, then we went to the store. He is smarter than you. It's time to leave. That dog lost its collar. His pants are loose. He is going to lose the game. I am going to the store. He has two dogs. I want to go, too. What clothes are you going to wear? They were going to the store. Where are the dogs? This is elementary level English.
snipingheadshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:47 PM   #5
Doktor Wilhelm

Location: North East, England, United Kingdom, Europe, Earth, Sol System.

Doktor Wilhelm's Gamercard

I'm not sure if HAL has reached its ceiling yet, seems like it could continue to head upwards (beyond it previous 'high'), specially if everyone continues to invest in HAL and doesn't pointlessly pull all their cash out to invest in an other stock.

I wish someone would figure out the actual coding behind BAWSAQ, I wonder how it'll be if it does ever go live in GTA Online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdavies View Post
I have put about $3,000,000 from Franklin and Michael each a week ago, no idea how much now as they both locked I only unlocked Trevor, so need to do some missions I think to get it out.
If you're a member of Rockstar Social you can check your BAWSAQ stock online: http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/bawsaq

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipingheadshot View Post
It's impossible to know what caused the price to rise. Since people can create multiple saves and theoretically pour hundreds of billions of dollars into the market, it seems very unlikely that singleplayer actions have any effect on the BAWSAQ market. The increase in price could have been Rockstar staff's actions in GTA Online before it was released to the public. But again, it's impossible to know.
Since the Rockstar social site only provides a single set of saves details, it's safe to say that BAWSAQ only uses that data and not the data provided via backing up and multiple saves, so its likely that only the data that BAWSAQ shows for your characters counts for/against the stocks.

But yeah, Rockstar could be trolling everyone by setting the prices themselves.
(Though there does seem like there was a steep drop in other stocks as everyone pulled their money out of them and invested solely in HAL or PIS).

"Video games don't affect kids. If Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Marcus Brigstocke

Last edited by Doktor Wilhelm; 10-10-2013 at 09:53 PM.
Doktor Wilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:55 PM   #6
IDarK VorteXX

IDarK VorteXX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdavies View Post
I have put about $3,000,000 from Franklin and Michael each a week ago into PIS, no idea how much now as they both locked I only unlocked Trevor, so need to do some missions I think to get it out.
Its currently at $53.06.
You will make a lot of money if you invested a week ago.

EDIT: Everyone invest in Badger on BAWSAQ. Its at its all time lowest. its currently at $127.38. We can raise it to maybe $300.

EDIT 2: CNT looks to be going up aswell. Its currently at $245.58. However, i suggest we invest in Badger.

EDIT 3: Los Santos Customs is at its all time lowest aswell. Soon it will rise.

*Thanks to Audacious for the great signature*

I wear a mask. And that mask, is not to hide who I am, but to create what I am. I'm BATMAN!!!!!!!!

Don’t believe everything you read on the Internet just because there’s a picture with a quote next to it.” – Abraham Lincoln

Last edited by IDarK VorteXX; 10-10-2013 at 10:04 PM.
IDarK VorteXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:56 PM   #7
burntt0ad
Banned User

burntt0ad's Gamercard
HAL isn't worth it anymore. Everyone seems to be doing PIS.
burntt0ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:00 PM   #8
StarDreamer99

StarDreamer99's Gamercard
Personally, I think HAL and PIS are scripted. Perhaps in the future it will be investor controlled, but right now, it appears to be all scripted.
StarDreamer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:16 PM   #9
Shanesfluffy

Shanevolution's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDarK VorteXX View Post
Its currently at $53.06.
You will make a lot of money if you invested a week ago.

EDIT: Everyone invest in Badger on BAWSAQ. Its at its all time lowest. its currently at $127.38. We can raise it to maybe $300.

EDIT 2: CNT looks to be going up aswell. Its currently at $245.58. However, i suggest we invest in Badger.

EDIT 3: Los Santos Customs is at its all time lowest aswell. Soon it will rise.
So Badger is a possibility?
Shanesfluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:22 PM   #10
IDarK VorteXX

IDarK VorteXX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesfluffy View Post
So Badger is a possibility?

Yes if enough people invest in it. The lowest is $127.38 and the highest is $301.55. I just dropped to its all time lowest so it has a higher chance of rising than falling even more in price.

*Thanks to Audacious for the great signature*

I wear a mask. And that mask, is not to hide who I am, but to create what I am. I'm BATMAN!!!!!!!!

Don’t believe everything you read on the Internet just because there’s a picture with a quote next to it.” – Abraham Lincoln
IDarK VorteXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 12:25 AM   #11
Doktor Wilhelm

Location: North East, England, United Kingdom, Europe, Earth, Sol System.

Doktor Wilhelm's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarDreamer99 View Post
Personally, I think HAL and PIS are scripted. Perhaps in the future it will be investor controlled, but right now, it appears to be all scripted.
Though it's all speculation, these is a lot to tie the rises into player activity (though only the purchase of shares)

I believe HAL was picked because it was the lowest value share at the time, a lot of websites decided to run with it.
PIS was chosen by someone on Reddit.
They both only rose in price so phenomenally (compared to the other stocks price changes) after people started buying, so I'm not sure what sign there is of it being a scripted stock change.
And as I previously stated, almost every other stock on BAWSAQ took a steep dive at the same time (specially what is the most likely stock for people store their money in: Ammo-nation).

It all seems to point to a player influenced system (people actions in GTA Online may also be influencing stocks now aswell).

EVERYONE, KEEP INVESTING IN HAL!!!
Take your money out of everything, and invest it all in HAL, if your running a back up save (in case of a market crash); make sure to create the save with your money invested last, so you'll help rise the value of the stock.

"Video games don't affect kids. If Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Marcus Brigstocke
Doktor Wilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote