PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V > GTA Online
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-18-2013, 04:00 AM   #1
Sqeagy

SQEAGY 4 LIFE's Gamercard
Tank question?

SO If i give someone my tank and people run their PVs into the tank, could I get bad sport status?
Old 11-18-2013, 05:15 AM   #2
1001puppys
Queen's Final Reign

Send a message via Skype™ to 1001puppys

x1001x Puppys's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - troy0891   Subscriber - Gold   Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   You're DOOMED Challenge Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 34 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqeagy View Post
SO If i give someone my tank and people run their PVs into the tank, could I get bad sport status?
I don't think so because you aren't the person actually killing people and blowing up their PV.

10,000 achievements obtained 6/24/14 with Maximum Efficiency - WET!
1001puppys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 03:44 PM   #3
Seraph Xii

Seraph Xii iiX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
No, while it is your tank, it isn't you that's doing the damage.
I've given my friend my tank before and he's "accidentally" destroyed a personal vehicle or two and I've not had anything come up to suggest I'm responsible.

Seraph Xii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 09:22 PM   #4
BeeKay013

BeeKay013's Gamercard
Piggy backing off this thread, is there is a way to destroy the tank / snipe the driver if he's being aggressive?
BeeKay013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 09:23 PM   #5
1001puppys
Queen's Final Reign

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - troy0891   Subscriber - Gold   Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   You're DOOMED Challenge Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeKay013 View Post
Piggy backing off this thread, is there is a way to destroy the tank / snipe the driver if he's being aggressive?
Only thing I know of is RPGs and Buzzards :/ I've never actually tried sniping the driver of a tank.

Old 11-18-2013, 09:31 PM   #6
HigginsM

Freddy1 Krueger's Gamercard
Yeah there is a way to snipe a driver in tank. Not sure how but someone did it to me twice
HigginsM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:20 PM   #7
Doktor Wilhelm

Location: North East, England, United Kingdom, Europe, Earth, Sol System.

Doktor Wilhelm's Gamercard

I need to unlock the Heavy Sniper, and try all the anti-tank tips I've seen around ("From a distance, aim for the opening on the front under the entry hatch, when the bar shows up shoot and it should kill them.")!

"Video games don't affect kids. If Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Marcus Brigstocke
Doktor Wilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:48 PM   #8
Sqeagy

SQEAGY 4 LIFE's Gamercard
Yeah, there's a way to snipe 'em out of the tank. It's hard if you don't know where to shoot/aren't a good shot.
Old 11-18-2013, 10:52 PM   #9
HigginsM

Just been trying it with a friend, It is possible but you have to be a certain distance away at least a quarter of a mile and aim for where you know they are sitting
Old 11-19-2013, 01:34 AM   #10
1001puppys
Queen's Final Reign

Quote:
Originally Posted by HigginsM View Post
Just been trying it with a friend, It is possible but you have to be a certain distance away at least a quarter of a mile and aim for where you know they are sitting
Do you need the heavy sniper for that to work ?

Old 11-19-2013, 06:32 AM   #11
CoreOfBrutality

Send a message via AIM to CoreOfBrutality

CoreOfBrutality's Gamercard
Cool

I make sure when I see some dude going around blowing everyone up with a tank, that I run my super car into him 4 or 5 times so hopefully he goes to bad sports lobby. Maybe a bit harsh but if he going to be a troll then i make sure to punish him lol. Plus he has to pay a ton of money each time he blows me up. I did this to a few dudes this weekend, and after they had blown my car up 5 or 6 times, I messaged them and told them that I hope they enjoy the bad sports lobby and using all their money paying for my insurance. Which of course made them stop blowing up random people and they proceded to send me angry messages. Still I do not see a point to having a tank even in gta online? It's like rockstar is giving you a weapon of mass destruction and expecting you not to use it (why I won't waste my money on it). Only reason I could see for a legitimate reason to own a tank is for missions. Other then that, I think people just buy it to troll.
Old 11-19-2013, 07:34 AM   #12
HigginsM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1001puppys View Post
Do you need the heavy sniper for that to work ?
Just tried again with the normal sniper and you can still kill them with a a normal sniper as long as you are at least a quarter of a mile away.

Another way to get them out of a tank is send a mugger after them. If they are stopped they pull them out of there tank and drive off in it
Old 11-19-2013, 12:13 PM   #13
CloudMir

CloudMir's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by HigginsM View Post
Another way to get them out of a tank is send a mugger after them. If they are stopped they pull them out of there tank and drive off in it
Thanks for that tip. And muggers are so cheap.
Old 11-19-2013, 02:21 PM   #14
MozArmy

realg3rryb's Gamercard
One of my friends left a game one day and he was in his car as this happened. I was in a tank and the NPC he took control of my friends car drove straight into the back of my tank at speed and blew himself up and I got a warning for being a bad sport!
MozArmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 02:26 PM   #15
Flibbity Floid

Deadpool Psycko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreOfBrutality View Post
I make sure when I see some dude going around blowing everyone up with a tank, that I run my super car into him 4 or 5 times so hopefully he goes to bad sports lobby. Maybe a bit harsh but if he going to be a troll then i make sure to punish him lol. Plus he has to pay a ton of money each time he blows me up. I did this to a few dudes this weekend, and after they had blown my car up 5 or 6 times, I messaged them and told them that I hope they enjoy the bad sports lobby and using all their money paying for my insurance. Which of course made them stop blowing up random people and they proceded to send me angry messages. Still I do not see a point to having a tank even in gta online? It's like rockstar is giving you a weapon of mass destruction and expecting you not to use it (why I won't waste my money on it). Only reason I could see for a legitimate reason to own a tank is for missions. Other then that, I think people just buy it to troll.
The bottom sentences are spot on. The military vehicles are mainly designed for missions and with many other things in the game, using them in free mode is a risk with consequences. I'm all for this since it's a legit way to put them in the kiddy pool as well as cost them some $$.

Content Contributor & Event Manager @ http://comicgamers.com/index.php
Flibbity Floid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:30 PM   #16
JDMHatchG

JDMHatchG's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doktor Wilhelm View Post
I need to unlock the Heavy Sniper, and try all the anti-tank tips I've seen around ("From a distance, aim for the opening on the front under the entry hatch, when the bar shows up shoot and it should kill them.")!
The heavy sniper is almost exactly the same as the regular one dude. I'm extremely disapointed with it.

It maybe does about 5% more damage if that, but other than that there is no difference. Apart from the fact that you can't fit a silencer.
JDMHatchG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:02 PM   #17
CloudMir

CloudMir's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MozArmy View Post
One of my friends left a game one day and he was in his car as this happened. I was in a tank and the NPC he took control of my friends car drove straight into the back of my tank at speed and blew himself up and I got a warning for being a bad sport!
As of the patch yesterday that coincided with Beach Bum, this tactic has been removed.
Old 11-20-2013, 06:53 PM   #18
Zombiedrd

Zombiedrd's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreOfBrutality View Post

It is a marketing ploy. GTA is known for rampages and Rockstar wants to make money from microtransactions. They hope that if one guy is killing people with a tank, others will guy buy one to fight. Since they are expensive, they think maybe someone will spend real money to get.

Just a theory
200,000-?
Zombiedrd is offline   Reply With Quote