PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V > GTA Online
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-19-2013, 08:44 AM   #1
tR Player1

tR Player1's Gamercard
Need Faster Money

Didn't see a similar thread here, so I'll ask...

The only way I have been making money is by doing short races with a buddy of mine, making a few thousand dollars a race. However, this is really slow and a want to know if there is a better way to make money, whether that means more efficiently, or more enjoyable (doing 'criminal record' over and over again can get quite old).

So if you have a load of money, how did you make it?
tR Player1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:20 AM   #2
Jesseeh

HaloJesse's Gamercard
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=553636

It takes around three minutes to do and you get 12000$ for it.

Or if you get bunch of armored trucks to spawn (loot one armored truck, another one can spawn 10 seconds - 2 minutes after you robbed one), you can earn around 1000$-10000$+ from one armored truck.

Jesseeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:25 AM   #3
Rusty Knight 07

Rusty Knight 07's Gamercard
I joined a random race last week it turned out to be criminal record, 99 laps with weapons on. Unfortunately I had to go and have dinner in the middle of it, but didn't quit just parked up out of the way.
At the end of the race all but two other players and myself were left, I figured I'd get something for finishing third even if I didn't actually finish - nope, nothing, but it was good fun
Rusty Knight 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:18 AM   #4
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Kinda late to ask that since they will release UPDATE 1.06 within a few hours if not already and who knows what they will patch this time, but so far yeah if you want to do it "legit" it's either Jesseeh's methods or Criminal Records race with more people!

100% > Resident Evil - Remake Remastered (XboxOne & Playstation4)
100% > Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (Xbox360 & XboxOne)
100% > Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition (Xbox360 & XboxOne)

-[RESIDENTEVIL]-
JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:31 AM   #5
rollinbull23

patmat95's Gamercard
I was hunting for bounties a whole day and made about 80k in few hours. It makes alot of fun aswell.

rollinbull23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 12:38 PM   #6
MakoBallistic

MakoBallistic's Gamercard
You can make about 40-50k and a decent amount of exp in about an hour or two by robbing shops, depending on how many players try to kill you in the process. Just find the nearest underground access to whatever shop your robbing and head straight for it, the cops don't seem able to go underground or into train tunnels, I just shoot the clerk every time now for that extra 100 exp from the 3 star rating. If I'm in the city I usually always try and travel along train tracks and in tunnels etc, the road less travelled and all that. Obviously this method gets monotonous, but an hour a day keeps the bills at bay.

Hater's Gonna Hate, Hacker's Gonna Hack, Douche's Gonna Troll
MakoBallistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 03:05 PM   #7
CoreOfBrutality

Send a message via AIM to CoreOfBrutality

CoreOfBrutality's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by tR Player1 View Post
Didn't see a similar thread here, so I'll ask...

The only way I have been making money is by doing short races with a buddy of mine, making a few thousand dollars a race. However, this is really slow and a want to know if there is a better way to make money, whether that means more efficiently, or more enjoyable (doing 'criminal record' over and over again can get quite old).

So if you have a load of money, how did you make it?
If you are looking to make decent money off of races then not sure why you are doing criminal records? While that race is good for exp, it is not that great for money in my opinion. I would much rather play Down the Drain and make great money in a minute and half. It may seem like criminal records pays more in that amount of time, but not when you have to include the load times of the game. Plus Down the Drain still gives good exp.
Old 11-19-2013, 06:55 PM   #8
tR Player1

tR Player1's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreOfBrutality View Post
If you are looking to make decent money off of races then not sure why you are doing criminal records? While that race is good for exp, it is not that great for money in my opinion. I would much rather play Down the Drain and make great money in a minute and half. It may seem like criminal records pays more in that amount of time, but not when you have to include the load times of the game. Plus Down the Drain still gives good exp.
We were doing criminal records for the xp, but it became my main source of money also.

I guess the main thing I'm wondering is that is doing one particular job over and over really the only way to make good money, or will it come naturally almost just as easily, if that makes any sense.
Old 11-19-2013, 06:58 PM   #9
CoreOfBrutality

Send a message via AIM to CoreOfBrutality

CoreOfBrutality's Gamercard
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tR Player1 View Post
We were doing criminal records for the xp, but it became my main source of money also.

I guess the main thing I'm wondering is that is doing one particular job over and over really the only way to make good money, or will it come naturally almost just as easily, if that makes any sense.
I guess it doesn't matter now, since I have been informed today that the update makes it so the races are hardly even worth doing. I was told Down the Drain is only paying like 1000 dollars now, which to me is crazy since everytime you die in free mode, it is 500 dollars and 12,500 to buy back a blown up supercar. So basically to play online, you need to grind these low paying missions/races, just so you can pay off how much it cost everytime you die or lose a vehicle. This game is going to become unplayable soon, which blows because I have really enjoyed it thus far.
Old 11-19-2013, 07:50 PM   #10
tR Player1

tR Player1's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreOfBrutality View Post
I guess it doesn't matter now, since I have been informed today that the update makes it so the races are hardly even worth doing. I was told Down the Drain is only paying like 1000 dollars now, which to me is crazy since everytime you die in free mode, it is 500 dollars and 12,500 to buy back a blown up supercar. So basically to play online, you need to grind these low paying missions/races, just so you can pay off how much it cost everytime you die or lose a vehicle. This game is going to become unplayable soon, which blows because I have really enjoyed it thus far.
$1000? That's ridiculous. Where can I find information on the update?
Old 11-19-2013, 07:56 PM   #11
HigginsM

Freddy1 Krueger's Gamercard
First page of my thread has all the info on Patch 1.06 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=555839

I just copied and pasted from the Rockstar Website http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire
HigginsM is offline   Reply With Quote