Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Games
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-18-2013, 02:29 AM   #1
shadowstar1989

shadowstar1989's Gamercard
Assassins creed storyline

the story of Edward Kenway hasn't been told yet, (in less than two weeks) but Ive heard that he is mentioned in AC 3 where is it?
shadowstar1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 03:12 AM   #2
Hybridchld

Hybridchld's Gamercard
Welcome to the site, I'd suggest posting in the game forums for AC3 or AC4 if you have futher questions.

It's mentioned early on that Haytham's father was an assassin and in the final part of the DLC Falkner asks Connor if he's ever been to sea before and he says no but him Grandfather Edward was a sailor.
Hybridchld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 04:44 AM   #3
Cpt Slaughter
A Personal Contractů

Cpt Slaugh7er's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowstar1989 View Post
the story of Edward Kenway hasn't been told yet, (in less than two weeks) but Ive heard that he is mentioned in AC 3 where is it?
To answer your question I think it's in the Caribbean Islands.

"My Sun...is setting... It's dark.....so dark."

Cpt Slaughter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:57 AM   #4
KillerBEA
CET

Send a message via Skype™ to KillerBEA

KillerBEA XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Community and Events Team   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   Subscriber - Bronze   Road Map - Platinum
Total Awards: 25 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt Slaugh7er View Post
To answer your question I think it's in the Caribbean Islands.
I think he is asking where Edward Kenway was mentioned in AC 3, not where the game is taking place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybridchld View Post
It's mentioned early on that Haytham's father was an assassin and in the final part of the DLC Falkner asks Connor if he's ever been to sea before and he says no but him Grandfather Edward was a sailor.
I remember Falkner also asking something else about him, leading Connor to say that his Grandfather was a pirate and not just another sailor. I could be wrong though.
KillerBEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 01:02 PM   #5
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
At this point the series has evolved into some weird action/pirate game. My theory is they are now taking games that were developed and would have failed on their own and attaching the Assassins Creed emblem too them.
Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 01:47 PM   #6
DarkReign2021
Banned User

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona25 View Post
At this point the series has evolved into some weird action/pirate game. My theory is they are now taking games that were developed and would have failed on their own and attaching the Assassins Creed emblem too them.
Which is ironic since Assassin's Creed itself is the spawn of a failed project under another license. The series initially began as a Prince of Persia title before deciding the social stealth didn't fit the PoP universe. The entire series is literally one big pile of failure that they've managed to turn a profit on. lol
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 02:23 PM   #7
JORDAN K 95

Send a message via Skype™ to JORDAN K 95

JORDAN K 95's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona25 View Post
i agree with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybridchld View Post
Welcome to the site, I'd suggest posting in the game forums for AC3 or AC4 if you have futher questions.

Thanks for the sig Gackt

BF4 RANK:
JORDAN K 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:29 PM   #8
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post
Which is ironic since Assassin's Creed itself is the spawn of a failed project under another license. The series initially began as a Prince of Persia title before deciding the social stealth didn't fit the PoP universe. The entire series is literally one big pile of failure that they've managed to turn a profit on. lol
I forgot about that.....I guess I can't be so upset over it seeing how the series I love so much was a mistake! LOL.
Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 11:03 PM   #9
obmkermit

OBM kermit's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post
I never knew that little tidbit haha. Still love the games though.
obmkermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 08:15 AM   #10
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard
man i used to be madly in love with the series. the story started off rocky and at the end of ac2 it started derailing by revelations ending it was derailed. i played a lil of ac3 it was worse then revelations.

i stopped caring about the series now. if they would have left out the animus shit and gods before humans and stuff the story would have been better.

Check out my alternative rock music. If you like it spread the word it would really help me out.

https://soundcloud.com/soundwasteland
Deadsea 18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 04:11 PM   #11
Cpt Slaughter
A Personal Contractů

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadsea 18 View Post
man i used to be madly in love with the series. the story started off rocky and at the end of ac2 it started derailing by revelations ending it was derailed. i played a lil of ac3 it was worse then revelations.

i stopped caring about the series now. if they would have left out the animus shit and gods before humans and stuff the story would have been better.
Revelations was great! Don't see why it got so much hate.

Old 10-27-2013, 04:27 PM   #12
Creech
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Creech

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Staff - Administrator   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Submit - Emerald   Community Gaming - Silver
Total Awards: 35 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt Slaugh7er View Post
Revelations was great! Don't see why it got so much hate.
I have enjoyed all of them (well, except the stupid phone one...but hey, easy so I can't complain too much). I am not a fan of MP as a rule, but I do feel that at least they came up with some unique game play approaches for the multiplayer aspect. I am definitely looking forward to Black Flag, and will probably stack it on both consoles.
Creech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 05:50 AM   #13
Fragarach Luin

Jacob Ulysses's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Community Gaming - Bronze   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
I have enjoyed all of them (well, except the stupid phone one...but hey, easy so I can't complain too much). I am not a fan of MP as a rule, but I do feel that at least they came up with some unique game play approaches for the multiplayer aspect. I am definitely looking forward to Black Flag, and will probably stack it on both consoles.
I agree that the multiplayer was both new and engaging, something that's hard to find in the video game world of Callfield Battleduty 14: Modern 1942 Warfight. As a rule, I've always enjoyed the gameplay, atmosphere, and sheer style of the Assassin's Creed series enough that the laughable attempts at schizophrenic profundity didn't bother me. It's a shame that whenever a good game is made, it's impossible for a portion of its fans to understand that innovation is good and necessary. I've heard countless times that Assassin's Creed went downhill with the modern storyline, that the inclusion of "forerunners" (not a word that Halo monopolized) was stupid, and that Ubisoft can't be forgiven for the fifth game's ending, but all of those things followed logically from the first game's story. And I'm not defending the story, I think it's stupid. But the games are fun and interesting, so I don't mind. It's rather like James Cameron's Avatar: it's a fun world to spend time in, so long as you don't let the childish plot distract you from the sheer joy of being a badass.
I liked 3, and was just informed by my wife that I'll be getting Black Flag, so cheers for the fun I'll most likely have playing that game.
Old 10-29-2013, 05:58 AM   #14
Cpt Slaughter
A Personal Contractů

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragarach Luin View Post
I agree that the multiplayer was both new and engaging, something that's hard to find in the video game world of Callfield Battleduty 14: Modern 1942 Warfight. As a rule, I've always enjoyed the gameplay, atmosphere, and sheer style of the Assassin's Creed series enough that the laughable attempts at schizophrenic profundity didn't bother me. It's a shame that whenever a good game is made, it's impossible for a portion of its fans to understand that innovation is good and necessary. I've heard countless times that Assassin's Creed went downhill with the modern storyline, that the inclusion of "forerunners" (not a word that Halo monopolized) was stupid, and that Ubisoft can't be forgiven for the fifth game's ending, but all of those things followed logically from the first game's story. And I'm not defending the story, I think it's stupid. But the games are fun and interesting, so I don't mind. It's rather like James Cameron's Avatar: it's a fun world to spend time in, so long as you don't let the childish plot distract you from the sheer joy of being a badass.
This.

Just because ubi milks it doesn't make it a bad game at all. Same goes for CoD. Even though it's the same thing (for the most part), that doesn't mean it's bad. It's quite fun IMHO.

Old 10-29-2013, 10:26 AM   #15
Starkweather

starkweatherxc's Gamercard
I am up to Revelations in my very delayed playthrough of the series before AC 4 on Xbox One. Enjoyed all so far but i do feel each one is adding more stuff that just isn't fun. Also i really never felt any attachement to Desmond, he bores me and so do his sections. Ezio and Altair are great but from what i've read i don't think the new characters are as interesting.