PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Games
Subscribe    Donate

View Poll Results: Best Assassin's Creed this gen?
Assassin's Creed 12 19.05%
Assassin's Creed 2 38 60.32%
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood 12 19.05%
Assassin's Creed: Revelations 6 9.52%
Assassin's Creed III 3 4.76%
I love them all. 6 9.52%
I hate them all. 3 4.76%
I've never played Assassin's Creed. 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-22-2013, 02:10 AM   #1
Slaughter.
Wot r u casul??!??

Cpt Slaugh7er's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Best Assassin's Creed this gen?

My favorite is Assassin's Creed 2 or Assassin's Creed: Revelations. What about you?

NOTE: This is a multiple choice poll so feel free to pick more than one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
I think Halo: Reach is the best Halo game and should be played by everyone.

Slaughter. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:14 AM   #2
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
I voted III.

Although 2, Revelations & 3 are all amazing, The first one was great, Brotherhood was Ok. Black Flag is going to steal the show.

---
10,000 Achievements - 13 July 2014

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:14 AM   #3
KillerBEA
Keys to the Kingdom

Send a message via Skype™ to KillerBEA

KillerBEA XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Community Gaming - Gold   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 27 (more» ...)
My favorites are 2 and Brotherhood. The Desmond sequences annoyed me too much in Revelations, although I did like the heavier focus on Ezio and Altair vs Desmond.

2 is probably gonna get a lot of love in this thread
KillerBEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:17 AM   #4
Slaughter.
Wot r u casul??!??

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBEA View Post
My favorites are 2 and Brotherhood. The Desmond sequences annoyed me too much in Revelations, although I did like the heavier focus on Ezio and Altair vs Desmond.

2 is probably gonna get a lot of love in this thread
Those and the Den Defences sucked. My only gripes with it. If those didn't exist, Revelations would be my favorite.

EDIT: Let's not forget those dumbass full sync objectives!

Quote:

Last edited by Slaughter.; 10-22-2013 at 03:59 AM.
Old 10-22-2013, 02:17 AM   #5
PenderPowguin

PenderPowguin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   The Mighty Duck Face   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I'd have to say two completely blows them all out of the water.

I was so engrossed in the story, and gameplay that even the collectable achievement was fun.

Also, it's the only one I've played,

"Are you saying we shouldn't hope?"

"I'm saying we should remove the carrot and walk forward with our eyes open!”
- Raistlin Majere

Major props to Rajeanero for this sexy sig!
PenderPowguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:19 AM   #6
Barad
High on Life

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Quote:
Originally Posted by PenderPowguin View Post

Also, it's the only one I've played,
Dafuq?

Play more AC NOW!

---

Old 10-22-2013, 02:21 AM   #7
PenderPowguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
Dafuq?

Play more AC NOW!
I can't even bring myself to play all of the new games I have now. I'm losing interest... I need a new spark.

- Raistlin Majere

Old 10-22-2013, 02:24 AM   #8
Barad
High on Life

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenderPowguin View Post
I can't even bring myself to play all of the new games I have now. I'm losing interest... I need a new spark.
This might not come as a surprise from me but..try GTA ?

---

Old 10-22-2013, 02:31 AM   #9
PenderPowguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
This might not come as a surprise from me but..try GTA ?
I tried so desperately hard to get into part IV a few years ago... I just couldn't. I can't see part V making that big of a difference, but I'll certainly give it a shot a year or two from now when it's like $10

Also, sorry for the off topic. To rectify, I will say that Black Flag looks pretty neat, even though I'm not one for swashbuckling gaming.

- Raistlin Majere

Old 10-22-2013, 02:41 AM   #10
Dante Kasai

Send a message via Skype™ to Dante Kasai

Dante Kasai's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1
Honestly, I don't know what you're smoking if you say anything but AC2.

Best soundtrack of any game ever created (in my opinion - Ezio's Family has been my favorite song since I was 12), near flawless gameplay and in my opinion the most fluid free-running, and a compelling storyline. Achievements were actually a joy to earn and the puzzles were challenging but explored the lore properly for the first time.

Now that the praise for 2 is out of the way, here's my reasons why the others were not the best:

AC: B: Another fluid game running off of the same exact engine AC2 utilized, improved visuals and a similar soundtrack. A nice sequal that included multiplayer for the first time. A few welcomed innovations to AC2's formula, but definitely didn't stray as far as it could; if Ubisoft had gave it the proper 3 years of development time 2 had, it would have been on par with 2. However... basically AC2.5

AC: R: Ezio embarks to a new environment, which is a nice change. However, Jesper Kyd's soundtrack is muted, and forced. Not his best work; instead, Lorne Balf's music took center stage in the multiplayer to get players used to the different vibe. As with Brotherhood, the shorter dev time led to more bugs, and not as fluid gameplay. Bomb crafting system was interesting, but barely useful and nothing more than a gimmick; other innovations such as the hookblade were well-integrated but not as major as they could have been.

AC III: Here we go: new engine, new setting, new protagonist. Truly a cornerstone in the franchise, correct? Wrong. The game's graphics are impressive for the hardware behind them, but the blood splatter looks like jelly and there have been framerate drops in menus. Gameplay is solid, combat is simple and free-running is strong despite the new engine, which is good. However, just as Brotherhood and Revelations before it, the short dev time caused bugs and ruggedness (they say 3 years but planning and brainstorming while actually crafting Revelations is not 3 years) and the biggest introductions to the series (namely hunting and naval warfare) are cut short to keep quality high. The MP this time around is as solid as it's ever been and is actually nothing to laugh at. As for plot, the 3 whole sequences dedicated to Haytham gives a rocky start, and even then Connor's actor feels forced and the character is unrelatable. If Ubisoft had not tried to do so much in 2 years III would have been a fantastic game. (I do have to say Desmond kinda looks like a monkey in III)

The original Assassin's Creed was not included because it was more a pioneer title that didn't know what it was doing just yet. Solid for what it tried to do though.

Completions: 45
Completion Percentage: 100%
Dante Kasai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:49 AM   #11
dakisbac

Send a message via Skype™ to dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Gold Medal   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Third Place   Staff Club - dakisbac   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck
Voted for AC2 and Brotherhood since I couldn't decide.

I think I enjoyed AC2 more but Brotherhood introduced some nice features to the franchise.

As for the others,

I will always enjoy AC1 because of the era and Altair, even though the non-assassination missions in it were boring and repetitive. And the collecting... O_O

Revelations was a great game despite how many people hated it. Istanbul was a beautiful and fun setting and it slightly improved on Brotherhood in terms of features. The first person block sections were terrible though; not fun at all.

Upon returning to AC3 for the 100% completion I found I enjoyed/respected it more, but this was my least favorite game. I did not care about Connor at all and found the world overall disappointing.

Also,
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Since I enjoyed all the games I also voted I love them all.
dakisbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 03:05 AM   #12
KillerBEA
Keys to the Kingdom

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Community Gaming - Gold   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakisbac View Post
Revelations was a great game despite how many people hated it. Istanbul was a beautiful and fun setting and it slightly improved on Brotherhood in terms of features. The first person block sections were terrible though; not fun at all.
I agree Instanbul was vibrant and full of wonderful colors. The core game was fantastic. Given that den defenses weren't nearly as annoying as they were (they could stay, just not be annoying) and the Desmond sequences didn't suck so bad I think Revelations would have been my favorite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodring View Post
Honestly, I don't know what you're smoking if you say anything but AC2.
2 was amazing, dare I say a masterpiece of this generation; but I feel that with the increased variety of things you could do in the later games made them just as enjoyable. Brotherhood only barely snuffs out 2 for my favorite Assassin's Creed game.

Like I said above Revelations could have been my favorite granted the 2 major gripes I had were dealt with.

Keeping in mind I love all these games and have enjoyed them all very much:
Brotherhood > 2 > 1 > 3 > Revelations

Last edited by KillerBEA; 10-22-2013 at 03:12 AM.
Old 10-22-2013, 03:27 AM   #13
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
I'll keep it short:

My favorite was Brotherhood. I liked playing as an adult Ezio and the storyline was great in that game.

EDIT: LOL! BEA and I agree on like everything. Wtf!

Thanks to Slaughter for the stupendously stylistic signature.
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 03:42 AM   #14
Dante Kasai

Dante Kasai's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1
Quote:
2 was amazing, dare I say a masterpiece of this generation; but I feel that with the increased variety of things you could do in the later games made them just as enjoyable. Brotherhood only barely snuffs out 2 for my favorite Assassin's Creed game.

Like I said above Revelations could have been my favorite granted the 2 major gripes I had were dealt with.

Keeping in mind I love all these games and have enjoyed them all very much:
Brotherhood > 2 > 1 > 3 > Revelations
I'll give them that. I patiently await the... what would you call a remastered X1 version of a 360 game? 4k HD? - 10th anniversary of AC2.

Old 10-22-2013, 03:44 AM   #15
KillerBEA
Keys to the Kingdom

Quote:
EDIT: LOL! BEA and I agree on like everything. Wtf!
Get outta my head D

In all seriousness it is weird how much we agree on lol. All this talk about Assassin's Creed lately has got me psyched up for Black Flag. It starting to look really good, or maybe I am just playing too much shit and it looks than everything else I have been playing lol.

The funny thing is that I originally despised Brotherhood, due to be stuck in the game breaking Animus loop glitch around launch. Once that was patched and I was able to actually play it, I fell in love with it.

Last edited by KillerBEA; 10-22-2013 at 03:47 AM.
Old 10-22-2013, 03:49 AM   #16
Dante Kasai

Dante Kasai's Gamercard

Quote:
Get outta my head D

In all seriousness it is weird how much we agree on lol. All this talk about Assassin's Creed lately has got me psyched up for Black Flag. It starting to look really good, or maybe I am just playing too much shit and it looks than everything else I have been playing lol.
I'm sure it'll be pretty good considering they now have the decaying carcass of III to learn from. Even in one cutscene I can at least tell the blood won't look like some third grader went and painted dots on wounded men.

Old 10-22-2013, 04:02 AM   #17
KillerBEA
Keys to the Kingdom

Quote:
I'll give them that. I patiently await the... what would you call a remastered X1 version of a 360 game? 4k HD? - 10th anniversary of AC2.
You could just call it "Assassin's Creed Series Remastered Collection" or something like that. I could see the series get a fully remastered collection around the release of what ever comes after Black Flag or the game after that.

Quote:
I'm sure it'll be pretty good considering they now have the decaying carcass of III to learn from. Even in one cutscene I can at least tell the blood won't look like some third grader went and painted dots on wounded men.
I must of missed the shitty blood stains, I was too distracted by Connor the most boring assassin yet. I liked the time period they covered, but I had many gripes with 3, regardless of how much I enjoyed it. I think they added way too much stupid crap to do in the game. Picking flowers? Really? Some of the extra stuff to do could have easily gone away and I am sure a lot of people wouldn't have cared.

The DLC in 3 while fun to play was stupid. Nothing was canon and did nothing to add to the story like in Brotherhood and Revelations. They could have not done the Tyranny story line at all and added to Connor's character instead and I would have probably been happier with it.

The naval stuff could have been much better (still pretty cool) and more fleshed out (I think you mentioned that), but at least Black Flag will have much more fleshed out naval stuff as its basically based around it.

3 had a lot of cool stuff going for it but it fell a little flat. I still enjoyed it quite a bit, but it had more than its share of issues. Luckily I have had more major issues with glitches like some people.
Old 10-22-2013, 04:09 AM   #18
Slaughter.
Wot r u casul??!??

Quote:
You could just call it "Assassin's Creed Series Remastered Collection" or something like that. I could see the series get a fully remastered collection around the release of what ever comes after Black Flag or the game after that.

I must of missed the shitty blood stains, I was too distracted by Connor the most boring assassin yet. I liked the time period they covered, but I had many gripes with 3, regardless of how much I enjoyed it. I think they added way too much stupid crap to do in the game. Picking flowers? Really? Some of the extra stuff to do could have easily gone away and I am sure a lot of people wouldn't have cared.

The DLC in 3 while fun to play was stupid. Nothing was canon and did nothing to add to the story like in Brotherhood and Revelations. They could have not done the Tyranny story line at all and added to Connor's character instead and I would have probably been happier with it.

The naval stuff could have been much better (still pretty cool) and more fleshed out (I think you mentioned that), but at least Black Flag will have much more fleshed out naval stuff as its basically based around it.

3 had a lot of cool stuff going for it but it fell a little flat. I still enjoyed it quite a bit, but it had more than its share of issues. Luckily I have had more major issues with glitches like some people.
I just wish that AC was more like its roots (stealthy assassinations) but in a more modern era (perhaps the overthrowing of the Czar in Russia during the 1920s, now that would be cool). Black Flag looks good but it looks so far removed from what made the first 2 ACs great.

Quote:

Old 10-22-2013, 04:50 AM   #19
VitaminAmy

VitaminAmy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Donator - Level 1   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I've played the first two AC games and AC2 is my fav. After hearing about added MP and the weird Desmond sequences, that put me off continuing the series. Now that I'm more relaxed about completing achievements I might give Brotherhood a go.
Old 10-22-2013, 12:06 PM   #20
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Quote:
Get outta my head D

You oughta let me know how it turns out to be once you get yours hands on it. I've been so back and forth with that game ever since August and I'm not sure what to do with it anymore. The earliest I'd get it is December, but I was planning on waiting until Spring when it drops in price.

Old 10-22-2013, 03:15 PM   #21
1001puppys
Queen's Final Reign

Send a message via Skype™ to 1001puppys

x1001x Puppys's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Donator - Level 2   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - troy0891   Subscriber - Gold   Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold
Total Awards: 36 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaminamy View Post
I've played the first two AC games and AC2 is my fav. After hearing about added MP and the weird Desmond sequences, that put me off continuing the series. Now that I'm more relaxed about completing achievements I might give Brotherhood a go.
The Desmond sequences aren't bad. The worst part is trying to 100% sync everything, and that wasn't bad after Brotherhood (I struggled).

I didn't like III at all, apart from the naval missions and George Washington DLCs.

I voted Revelations because I liked the three stories at once tying together the first three games with Ezio and Altair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explicitlyy View Post
I love when people call me a "hacker" because I'm better than them at the game. Like dude, come on, just get good.
1001puppys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 04:28 PM   #22
RenegadeMRP

RenegadeMRP's Gamercard
I loved all of the games except Ac 3. I was soo dissapointed in the story and gameplay and i hope Ac 4 will be better but will probably not buy it

Gamer score Goal 2013 and 2014: 111,160/150,000 (74%)
2013 Game of the Year: Bioshock Infinite
RenegadeMRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 04:58 PM   #23
obmkermit

OBM kermit's Gamercard
I love all of the games but I voted for AC2.

I think my favorite part about it was that you start off young and go all the way through his story to becoming a master assassin all while building up his homestead. I guess you could say that about Conner in AC3 but lets be real... No one likes Conner when compared to Ezio.
obmkermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:01 PM   #24
Solar Archon
Banned User

AC 1 is by far my favorite. Probably won't bother with 4 since 3 sucked and I am at the point where I can only play the same reskinned game so many times before I've had enough already.
Solar Archon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:08 PM   #25
KillerBEA
Keys to the Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt Slaugh7er View Post
I just wish that AC was more like its roots (stealthy assassinations) but in a more modern era (perhaps the overthrowing of the Czar in Russia during the 1920s, now that would be cool). Black Flag looks good but it looks so far removed from what made the first 2 ACs great.
Black Flag will have those options there, to be stealthy or to bust in through the front door. As long as the balancing of stealth and combat orientation is right, it will be fine.

Quote:
You oughta let me know how it turns out to be once you get yours hands on it. I've been so back and forth with that game ever since August and I'm not sure what to do with it anymore. The earliest I'd get it is December, but I was planning on waiting until Spring when it drops in price.
I will be sure to let you know D, while I am excited for it I am also kinda skeptical. Hopefully I will be able to rent it right around release,.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1001puppys View Post
The Desmond sequences aren't bad. The worst part is trying to 100% sync everything, and that wasn't bad after Brotherhood (I struggled).

I voted Revelations because I liked the three stories at once tying together the first three games with Ezio and Altair.
Th Desmond Sequences were different and annoying, if it had controlled the same as the rest of the game it might of not been so confusing and weird.

I loved how excellently they weaved Altair's and Ezio's story together in Revelations.
Old 10-22-2013, 05:41 PM   #26
1001puppys
Queen's Final Reign

Send a message via Skype™ to 1001puppys

x1001x Puppys's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Donator - Level 2   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - troy0891   Subscriber - Gold   Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold
Total Awards: 36 (more» ...)
Quote:
Th Desmond Sequences were different and annoying, if it had controlled the same as the rest of the game it might of not been so confusing and weird.

I loved how excellently they weaved Altair's and Ezio's story together in Revelations.
I think the worst part about those sequences were the achievements in the DLC. I really hated having to beat certain parts without failing. Took forever and I ended up taking turns with my brother to avoid frustration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explicitlyy View Post
I love when people call me a "hacker" because I'm better than them at the game. Like dude, come on, just get good.
1001puppys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:01 PM   #27
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

LAUGH OUT LOUD. Who's that ONE person that voted for ACIII?

Quote:
I will be sure to let you know D, while I am excited for it I am also kinda skeptical. Hopefully I will be able to rent it right around release.

I will hold you to that!

I enjoyed that part of Revelations as well. In fact, Revelations really isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

Old 10-22-2013, 06:06 PM   #28
Barad
High on Life

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
LAUGH OUT LOUD. Who's that ONE person that voted for ACIII?
READ THE FIRST REPLY ASSHOLE

<3

---

Old 10-22-2013, 06:36 PM   #29
PP4

Hayato Uchiha's Gamercard
2 and brotherhood were my favorite! Can't wait for 4!

Credit to Cpt Slaugh7er
PP4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:27 PM   #30
Balloonhead

ejlane11's Gamercard
II, III, and Revelations in that order. Yes, unlike most people I enjoyed 3. -1 is overrated, in my opinion.
-2 is one of my favorite games ever and is the only one that is still fun to play after doing everything.
-Brotherhood is just there.
-Revelations was alright but the ending is AMAZING. Deserves more praise.
-III was glitch and completely different, but for someone who has been playing AC since 2's launch, it was worth the wait and, just like 2, had the most improvements.

With that said, I currently have little interest for ACIV. I'll just wait for the reviews, which will probably be really good according to people who've played it at events.

2500th achievement: Black Ops 2-Mazed and Confused. 7-10-13.
Balloonhead is offline   Reply With Quote