PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V > GTA Online
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-22-2013, 06:59 PM   #1
Agent Mantis

Agent Mantis's Gamercard
The Kindness of Strangers

Prove that not every player is a juvenile D-bag! Post your stories of random acts of kindness performed by other players.

I'll get the ball rolling. I was being repeatedly attacked by a pair of players from the same crew armed with what seemed like an infinite amount of RPG's. They'd blown up my custom car and would spawn kill me almost instantly, I was about to turn the console off in rage when a crew of 5 other players rolled up to "protect" me as they'd seen what was happening and didn't like it! We proceeded to kill the 2 griefers over and over until they got the message and left the session!
Old 10-22-2013, 08:14 PM   #2
JDMHatchG

JDMHatchG's Gamercard
I haven't experienced any acts of kindness from strangers as of yet but I do it all the time. Although it's usually met with hostility

A few days a ago I noticed a guy taking a car to Simeons place at the docks so I drove all the way down there to pick him and give him a lift back to the city. He waypointed the barber shop of all places lol.

And yesterday I was in a session with only 2 other players and again someone tried to deliver the high priority vehicle and the other guy was chasing him the whole way there. So I flew to the docks in a chopper, got there before them and sniped the guy chasing him so he could deliver the car in peace lol.
JDMHatchG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:14 PM   #3
CoreOfBrutality

Send a message via AIM to CoreOfBrutality

CoreOfBrutality's Gamercard
Smile

On saturday there was two occasions where i saw helicopters harrassing people by repeatedly blowing them up. I was on top of one of the taller buildings, So i quickly took out my sniper rifle and took care of the helicopters, on both occasions. Seemed like the right thing to do. Sometimes i wonder if they should just take tanks, and helicopters with guns out of the online multiplayer, it would cause less havoc and let more people enjoy the game, even though i know people still shoot eachother.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:17 PM   #4
daishichi

Daishichi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Sadly, I don't think this thread will grow especially quickly.

But I'll offer my small example: I mostly play with my brother, and at one point he waited for me near the finish line of a race after I had wiped out, just so I wouldn't get a DNF (and lose out on $ and RP). We started making a habit of it, and last night I did it by reflex to a stranger...I think I totally baffled him. I still pulled in for first place, just wanted to make it worthwhile for him.

I also consider it simple courtesy to stay in any lobby I join, and will play the mission even if it's just me and the host. Nothing more annoying than watching a list of impatient pricks join and leave after 5 seconds.

Last edited by daishichi; 10-23-2013 at 03:46 AM.
daishichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:47 PM   #5
Rivercurse

Send a message via Skype™ to Rivercurse

Rivercurse's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I saw some peasant looking level 5 in god awful clothes and I threw him five bucks out the window as I cruised past in my chrome Veyron. That probably counts from his perspective.
Old 10-22-2013, 09:11 PM   #6
Ant Montana

Ant Montana's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivercurse View Post
I saw some peasant looking level 5 in god awful clothes and I threw him five bucks out the window as I cruised past in my chrome Veyron. That probably counts from his perspective.
Every little bit of kindness counts!
Ant Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:41 PM   #7
dennisb407

dennisb407's Gamercard
Did my part by running into a gang battle (the large red circle deal) to help someone. He pointed his gun at me but I guess he realized I wasn't there for him, I just wanted to kill the gang AI. I probably kept him from getting the 10 killl achievement but I still helped regardless lol
dennisb407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:55 PM   #8
Sm0keytrip0d

Sm0keytrip0d's Gamercard
I thought I ran into an act of kindness today as some stranger came and killed these other 3 guys who were in the same crew for me as they kept killing me...the kindness ended when after he killed the 3 guys he then killed me and exploded my car :/
Old 10-23-2013, 12:47 AM   #9
JORDAN K 95

Send a message via Skype™ to JORDAN K 95

JORDAN K 95's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
seeing someone and thinking 'i could kill you right now' and not killing them is nice enough for me

i kept winning races against this guy so i started loosing a few on purpose, then made it so we took it in turns all without communication!

Thanks for the sig Gackt

BF4 RANK:
JORDAN K 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:19 AM   #10
Metabolic XBA
Fear is why you fail...

Metabolic XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   Free Agents - Second Place   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   XBA Representer   CABS Beta Tester   Donator - Level 3
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Zero, none, everyone I have played with is a fucking douche nozzle. Even one of my friends came at me when I was trying to survive a bounty haha.

Actually I went to play tennis to work on my aces platinum and figured it couldn't do any harm to try a 5 set game for the other 2 medals. The random who joined stuck with it even though I won the first 2 sets 6-0 and I was up 5-0 in the third. I was sure he would quit. That guy was my hero.

**Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig**

Last edited by Metabolic XBA; 10-23-2013 at 02:50 AM.
Metabolic XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:49 AM   #11
ReklezZTrini

Mr ReklezzTrini's Gamercard
Well im on the opposite side of this. Me and my crew help people who are getting raped by griefers.

ReklezZTrini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 04:51 AM   #12
SatNiteEduardo

satniteeduardo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
If I am in my chopper I usually take on any police that are chasing another player.
SatNiteEduardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:39 AM   #13
Hudson888

Huds0n888's Gamercard
I don't think I have really seen any acts of kindness, mostly people just start shooting at me if I drive by.
Hudson888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:12 AM   #14
Kai Tetley

A Monkey K1ller's Gamercard
I sometimes land my helicopter next to someone so they can have a go in the Buzzard. I also like to kill any cops chasing another player. And if I see someone has a bounty on their head, I like to kill the people chasing after them.

Most people either grief people or just avoid other players.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:22 PM   #15
Seraph Xii

Seraph Xii iiX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I have none lol.

Last example I have where people ARE all D-bags though is where I was driving around in a tank, a lvl 24 in a shitty car driving right for me, I just drive right on by and ignore him. I get out of the tank a minute later and he snipes me.

Seraph Xii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 12:26 PM   #16
GeneralGranko

Send a message via Skype™ to GeneralGranko

xX forEV3R Xx's Gamercard
Step 1) Buy a weapon
Step 2) Name your weapons "Kindness"
Step 3) Show kindness to people and kill them with kindness
Step 4) ???
Step 5) Profit
rockyzz@seznam.cz

Playing now: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (PC)
Need players for:
CoD: BO2 Apocalypse DLC - Easter Egg

GeneralGranko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 04:13 PM   #17
JDMHatchG

JDMHatchG's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisb407 View Post
Did my part by running into a gang battle (the large red circle deal) to help someone. He pointed his gun at me but I guess he realized I wasn't there for him, I just wanted to kill the gang AI. I probably kept him from getting the 10 killl achievement but I still helped regardless lol
Someone did this to me the other day when I had 1 enemy left to kill.

As soon as I killed the last enemy the guy that came over triggered his own gang attack and the crate and money from my gang attack disappeared.

Not only that, his enemies then started killing me but I couldn't see them on the mini map for some reason. (I assume because it was his gang attack)

So he well and truly fucked me tbh. It probably wasn't you. But if it was, you are a ballsack
JDMHatchG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:09 PM   #18
ll BRUTAL ll

I was just minding my own business driving around when I randomly exploded (I didn't get a message telling me who killed me) ....I called the insurance comp for a replacement then set a way point to my car. As I'm running down the street a player drove up honking his/her horn. I got in and they drove me to my car and just drove away. It wasnt until later that night that I thought about how kind that was. I know it's a small silly thing but it was nice.

Thank you, whoever you are.
ll BRUTAL ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:38 PM   #19
DMichaels86

DMichaels86's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ll BRUTAL ll View Post
I was just minding my own business driving around when I randomly exploded (I didn't get a message telling me who killed me) ....I called the insurance comp for a replacement then set a way point to my car. As I'm running down the street a player drove up honking his/her horn. I got in and they drove me to my car and just drove away. It wasnt until later that night that I thought about how kind that was. I know it's a small silly thing but it was nice.

Thank you, whoever you are.
If you call your mechanic after you call the insurance company, he will deliver that car for you. I haven't had any acts of kindness, plenty of people like to camp my garage til I drive out, then I run them over with that brief time of invincibility

http://youtu.be/9ArNmIMgeVg
DMichaels86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:32 PM   #20
JORDAN K 95

Send a message via Skype™ to JORDAN K 95

JORDAN K 95's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralGranko View Post
Step 1) Buy a weapon
Step 2) Name your weapons "Kindness"
Step 3) Show kindness to people and kill them with kindness
Step 4) ???
Step 5) Profit
i like it! or even call your tank kindness!

Thanks for the sig Gackt

BF4 RANK:
JORDAN K 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 10:20 PM   #21
IKickedABaby

AWoodenLeg's Gamercard
I often do random acts of kindness. Like if I see someone AFK I kill them so they not in middle of street. Then I go to where they spawn and keep helping them move from location to location so no one bothers them with the end of my rifle.

I will often show my acts of random kindness by killing people getting chased by cops or other players. That way they can spawn somewhere else in peace also. I do this often and without prejudice. Though the best way I help people is by killing the ones with bounties on their heads. With no bounty they no longer hunted. Its the little things that help the community.

IKickedABaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 10:59 PM   #22
burntt0ad
Banned User

burntt0ad's Gamercard
during my first bad sport sentence i was sitting in my apartment and a guy in a tank kept spawn killing people. i get in my tank and start owning him. eventually he quit and everyone was happy.

Last edited by burntt0ad; 10-23-2013 at 11:02 PM.
burntt0ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 11:00 PM   #23
Barad
Back from Dubai!

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
I wish I could, but my time in Los Santos so far has been nothing but crime and murder.

The only kindness I've received is when I started a gang war, two friends (crew tag) showed up in a car and helped me finish it (not that I needed help) but straight after they blew me up with a launcher, neither of them were high levels either. -_-

No kindness lasts, everyone's evil, there's always a motive.. Lol.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 06:41 AM   #24
DEG23
Addicted to Iggy

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SatNiteEduardo View Post
If I am in my chopper I usually take on any police that are chasing another player.
I had this happen to me today. I was causing havoc at the army base trying to get a 5 star wanted level and I noticed a player crashed his car in the marshlands nearby trying to escape the police. He had at least a 3 star rating because 2 choppers were chasing him.

I thought I would help him out by shooting them down and sure enough in return he decided to give me some bullets. Or course, I was in my chopper at the time so the only way I could receive them was to have him shoot them at my chopper so I could catch them. Nice guy
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 06:42 AM   #25
Jeesp

Jeesp's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ll BRUTAL ll View Post
As I'm running down the street a player drove up honking his/her horn. I got in and they drove me to my car and just drove away.
I've tried this a couple of times, and every time the wanker pulls out a gun and kills me. Maybe they think I'm creepy
Jeesp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:32 AM   #26
trymemf

L22 Furious's Gamercard
I saw a level 4 guy the other day getting mauled by these 90+ guys (two of them) right outside the first store you need to rob during a Lamar mission. They both had a K/D of 4+ so I'm guessing they were in it for the easy kills. I usually would've killed them both and then started killing the poor level 4 dude myself but I decided to help the low leveled guy out.

I started driving there, took a minute or so. I saw them both hiding behind their ugly ass chrome entitys peeping out every now and then to shoot the guy spawning in. I called Lester so that I could get off the radar. I sat for about 30 seconds behind a building planning my attack while I could hear the poor kid screaming into his kinect. I decided to just go in Schwarzenegger style and whip out my minigun I had accuired from the survival I just finished. So I whip out my minigun and start shooting. One hundred, two hundred, three hundred shots fired. All of them missed. I haven't even made it around the corner. Now they know my location. I DON GOOFED! I climb up the ladder to the rooftop and shoot from there instead. Before I know it I blow up their cars with the minigun (apparently it's really good!) and turn into a bad sport for four days. While I am reading the bad sport notifcation I get shot to pieces by the level 4 guy. I then get a bill for 20.000 for their destroyed cars. All I wanted to do was to help the guy out. Instead I am left here in crazy mans land with lots of tanks and scared shitless. I'm also completely broke.

Moral of the story, kindness isn't always appreciated in Gtao, unless done correctly.

Well that was my attempt of kindness here in gtao. If I ever decide to try again, maybe I should choose a different approach. Charging someone with a minigun without telling them I'm their savior doesn't seem to work.
Old 10-24-2013, 11:04 AM   #27
skeebear

Woolou's Gamercard
There was this one dude the other day getting chased by the police and his car was beat to hell, so I stopped and let him jump in to help escape, went and hid and got his wanted level gone.

I was also running around with no car the other day and another player honked his horn and stopped on his bike to give me a lift, which was cool.

Other than that I normally bounce into the douches who run me over, stop and shoot me. Or just flat out chase me to kill me. I try to leave everyone alone, even if they do kill me I normally never go for retaliation!
skeebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 05:55 PM   #28
Evo Kazz
Completionist

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Platinum   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Tyger7   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 28 (more» ...)
No kindness here at all, I've resorted to 99.9% of the pricks on there after having my cars destroyed countless times, and being raped by little gangs. When I go on there now I just kill whoever is near me, blow shit up, and enjoy putting sticky bombs on choppers before people fly off in them, they come down faster than they go up.

Arcade Crazy - 26 - Over Achiever - 54 - XB1 Points - 36
Franchise Clubs - 5x Tier 1, 3x Tier 2, 1x Tier 3
Staff Clubs - 10

Evo Kazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 06:06 PM   #29
IKickedABaby

AWoodenLeg's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeesp View Post
I've tried this a couple of times, and every time the wanker pulls out a gun and kills me. Maybe they think I'm creepy
I try and pick people up and kidnap them.

IKickedABaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 06:10 PM   #30
skuff

dj skuff's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Forza Tournament 2nd Place
I've often tried to help people out when I see them stranded and/or being chased by police. And have been shot and killed every single time. I then have to get punishment by killing them over and over until they leave. Some are persistent though, the score against one guy was 23-2 before he actually left.

So the moral to this story. If I try and help you, and your a penis. I will find you, and I will kill you

99999 achieved 3/4/08
skuff is offline   Reply With Quote