PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-18-2013, 12:58 PM   #1
skatermike21988

R2K Spitfire's Gamercard
Patch 1.04 changelog (Stimulus Money to come *hopefully* early next week)

The latest automatic title update for GTA Online is now available for both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. As promised, this update addresses the remaining issues where some people's vehicles or vehicle modifications were disappearing due to a cloud save failure - as well as all the other fixes mentioned below:

Fixes numerous issues that were causing vehicle loss and/or loss of vehicle mods
Fixes an issue where the incorrect car is replaced when choosing to replace a car in a full garage
Fixes an exploit allowing players to sell the same vehicle multiple times
Fixes an issue that caused personal vehicles to be duplicated
Fixes an issue where some players were unable to pay utility bills on an owned apartment or house
Fixes an issue where players were not getting Crew invites in-game
Fixes an issue where the starting point for the tutorial race was not appearing
Fixes issues with joining Jobs from within a player-owned garage
Fixes issues with players getting stuck while using playlists
Fixes additional issues causing black screens, long load times, and players getting stuck in the sky cam
Adds details in the UI to clarify that characters created while Rockstar cloud is unavailable are temporary (non-saved)
Adds changes to the character creator to make better-looking default characters with the “random” option
Players now only lose a maximum of 500 GTA$ upon death in Freemode

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswir...le-update.html
Read comments for info about the stimulus deposit

Thank god they lowered the money lost on death...

Last edited by skatermike21988; 10-18-2013 at 01:00 PM.
skatermike21988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 01:04 PM   #2
Robbo1991

Robbo1991's Gamercard
See they haven't fixed that 'bug' that stops the replay feature after you finish a mission...

I also love how they claim there not bothered about players making money yet have patched that repeatedly selling a car exploit lol they're so full of shit!

Last edited by Robbo1991; 10-18-2013 at 01:10 PM.
Robbo1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 01:08 PM   #3
StarDreamer99

StarDreamer99's Gamercard
"Players now only lose a maximum of 500 GTA$ upon death in Freemode"

At least this is a real positive. This will be especially important for new players to the game.
StarDreamer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 04:21 PM   #4
snipingheadshot

Send a message via AIM to snipingheadshot

Faux News 79's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbo1991 View Post
I also love how they claim there not bothered about players making money yet have patched that repeatedly selling a car exploit lol they're so full of shit!
They aren't bothered by players making money legitimately.
You're an idiot. Your dog is black. They're going to the movies. There is my car. Their dog is gone. It had no effect on me. That didn't affect me. We left, then we went to the store. He is smarter than you. It's time to leave. That dog lost its collar. His pants are loose. He is going to lose the game. I am going to the store. He has two dogs. I want to go, too. What clothes are you going to wear? They were going to the store. Where are the dogs? If we ignore bad grammar, we condone it.
snipingheadshot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:16 PM   #5
Calv1n

Calv1n DT's Gamercard
Free G

With this money that is (Hopefully) coming soon, Rockstar is practically giving you The American Dream achievement. i know you get the car really early (and insurance is free) and i know that an apartment and a garage total up to about 250,000 if you know where to look, so i hope to get 20G once this update goes live.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:28 PM   #6
Necrophage33

Necrophage33's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calv1n View Post
With this money that is (Hopefully) coming soon, Rockstar is practically giving you The American Dream achievement. i know you get the car really early (and insurance is free) and i know that an apartment and a garage total up to about 250,000 if you know where to look, so i hope to get 20G once this update goes live.
Uh not sure where you're looking but the cheapest apartment is only $80,000 and comes with a 2-car garage. Nowhere near 250k.
Necrophage33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:38 PM   #7
bcfc123

The only positive is you only lose 500 dollars after been wasted now.
bcfc123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:45 PM   #8
littlejay

Fuzzmeister J's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcfc123 View Post
The only positive is you only lose 500 dollars after been wasted now.
looks like a lot of good happened in the patch. chin up buddy. you will live without 8 million in the bank
Old 10-18-2013, 09:46 PM   #9
Puppys
Queen's Final Reign

Send a message via Skype™ to Puppys

x1001x Puppys's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Donator - Level 2   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - troy0891   Subscriber - Gold   Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold
Total Awards: 36 (more» ...)
They need to fix passive mode to be passive no matter who shoots from where. so I'm only passive when out of my car? -__-

Glad I don't lose more than $500 dollars now.

Also, this should be in the online forum ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explicitlyy View Post
I love when people call me a "hacker" because I'm better than them at the game. Like dude, come on, just get good.
Puppys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:48 PM   #10
xxJUSTINxx

OddFull Metal's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1001puppys View Post
They need to fix passive mode to be passive no matter who shoots from where. so I'm only passive when out of my car? -__-

Glad I don't lose more than $500 dollars now.

Also, this should be in the online forum ?
People can still kill you on foot, they can crash in to you a bunch of times. But yeah, the bill being lower is a godsend compared to the rest of the fixes.
Old 10-18-2013, 10:09 PM   #11
lornesbored

Lorne117's Gamercard
so wheres this mythcial ban hammer that everyone was talking about?

I just loaded the game first time with the patch and the game crashed upon loading story mode, sweet. It also asked me to calibrate my brightness again my character better not be gone.

Grapes.
lornesbored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:15 PM   #12
DMpimp13

DMpimp7's Gamercard
They take out the replay button again, and now they nerf the missions? What's the point of that, now we get less rp and cash for these missions.
And no I have not boosted this game at all but I think it's ridiculous to take out replay AND nerf the missions.

DMpimp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:20 PM   #13
Puppys
Queen's Final Reign

Send a message via Skype™ to Puppys

x1001x Puppys's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Donator - Level 2   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - troy0891   Subscriber - Gold   Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold
Total Awards: 36 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxJUSTINxx View Post
People can still kill you on foot, they can crash in to you a bunch of times. But yeah, the bill being lower is a godsend compared to the rest of the fixes.
Yeah I was referring to passive mode only working ONE certain way. I guess not getting hurt by someone else on foot is what I meant, haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explicitlyy View Post
I love when people call me a "hacker" because I'm better than them at the game. Like dude, come on, just get good.
Puppys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:20 PM   #14
Killerchronic

Ki11erC's Gamercard

Why does everyone keep saying they have taken replay out? It's right fucking there.

Passive mode bugs me atm, people can shoot you in the car just fine, run over you on foot, blow you up, they just can't aim a gun directly at you and shoot. I thought the idea was so people could get to a bank (atm) although you can do from phone, if someone can still kill you while you are driving to the bank, doesn't that defeat the point? Who walks to a bank thats 10miles away? And even then car coming at full speed and you dont move/cant move in time, deaded anyway.
30k Hit - 05/07/10
40k Hit - 13/09/10
50K Hit - 31/05/11
Killerchronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:23 PM   #15
xxJUSTINxx

OddFull Metal's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerchronic View Post
Why does everyone keep saying they have taken replay out? It's right fucking there.

Passive mode bugs me atm, people can shoot you in the car just fine, run over you on foot, blow you up, they just can't aim a gun directly at you and shoot. I thought the idea was so people could get to a bank (atm) although you can do from phone, if someone can still kill you while you are driving to the bank, doesn't that defeat the point? Who walks to a bank thats 10miles away? And even then car coming at full speed and you dont move/cant move in time, deaded anyway.
To be fair, I've survived some crazy hit and run moments. It doesn't always seem to translate the dmg correctly.
Old 10-18-2013, 10:45 PM   #16
Killerchronic

Ki11erC's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxJUSTINxx View Post
To be fair, I've survived some crazy hit and run moments. It doesn't always seem to translate the dmg correctly.
Health is based on the stats and if you have armour, so probably that, im not 100% yet or anything. But still the fact is they can run you over repeatedly and achieve the desired affect.

I'm not against being able to kill someone, but passive shouldn't be like this. Standing around with passive on and still die... Eh, yes break passive if you even attempt to shoot/throw a punch at someone i completely am fine with, if you've been in combat in the last xx mins then dont allow it also so people can't hide behind it. But it should do what it says, or what R* stated at least, try getting to a cashpoint after you annoy 20 ppl :P (okok 15 as thats the max lol) ive not tried as i know the web deposit side, but ive been shot enough in a car and run over enough while afk for 2mins to know its not so much passive but just, you cant aim a gun at me.
30k Hit - 05/07/10
40k Hit - 13/09/10
50K Hit - 31/05/11

Last edited by Killerchronic; 10-18-2013 at 10:49 PM.
Killerchronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 02:59 AM   #17
Inebriated Jedi

Send a message via Skype™ to Inebriated Jedi

Inebriated Jedi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Finalist   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - * Clueless *   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
They need to fix the single player now. My game is still messed up thanks to the previous patches.

Inebriated Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 03:42 AM   #18
xIx EDGE xIx

xIx EDGE xIx's Gamercard
The new patch breaks the game until Rockstar sorts it out. Basically, there is a save issue where the only progress that saves is anything toward medals. everything else reverts to your last save pre-patch.

For example, if you are a rank 50 right now with $10,000 and get to 55 with $50,000, as soon as you leave online and come back you will be reset back to level 50 & $10,000.

Rockstar said that the issue would be sorted out in a few hours, but that was almost 6 hours ago and the bug is still present. They say that you won't lose progress, but I'm not sure if that means when I sign on I'll be about 10 levels higher, or if it means I won't be reset, and once the bug is fixed I can continue from where I left off pre-patch. Regardless, it renders playing right now pointless unless you are simply just exploring or trying to work toward platinum medals:

http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/...-in-GTA-Online

Last edited by xIx EDGE xIx; 10-19-2013 at 03:50 AM.
xIx EDGE xIx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 06:42 AM   #19
Gilian85

Gilian85's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by skatermike21988 View Post
The latest automatic title update for GTA Online is now available for both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. As promised, this update addresses the remaining issues where some people's vehicles or vehicle modifications were disappearing due to a cloud save failure - as well as all the other fixes mentioned below:

Fixes numerous issues that were causing vehicle loss and/or loss of vehicle mods
Fixes an issue where the incorrect car is replaced when choosing to replace a car in a full garage
Fixes an exploit allowing players to sell the same vehicle multiple times
Fixes an issue that caused personal vehicles to be duplicated
Fixes an issue where some players were unable to pay utility bills on an owned apartment or house
Fixes an issue where players were not getting Crew invites in-game
Fixes an issue where the starting point for the tutorial race was not appearing
Fixes issues with joining Jobs from within a player-owned garage
Fixes issues with players getting stuck while using playlists
Fixes additional issues causing black screens, long load times, and players getting stuck in the sky cam
Adds details in the UI to clarify that characters created while Rockstar cloud is unavailable are temporary (non-saved)
Adds changes to the character creator to make better-looking default characters with the “random” option
Players now only lose a maximum of 500 GTA$ upon death in Freemode

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswir...le-update.html
Read comments for info about the stimulus deposit

Thank god they lowered the money lost on death...
Bullshit!!! The only thing they fixed is the glitch. Some friends of my still have a shitty connection and after a mission it takes hours to continue!!! Rockstar get your shit together!!
Gilian85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 07:34 AM   #20
burntt0ad
Banned User

burntt0ad's Gamercard
50 more updates and we'll be in pre-alpha. can't wait.
burntt0ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 02:20 PM   #21
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by burntt0ad View Post
Hey now, it's not all that bad.

---
10,000 Achievements - 13 July 2014

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 02:45 PM   #22
Gilian85

Gilian85's Gamercard
Today: After a mission continue to free roam. Message appeared: You have been kicked from this session, my character level went from 30 to 28 and I gained 80k and lost al my gun mods. Fuck Rock*! They only patched for the money glitch, that's all they care about!!
Gilian85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 03:06 PM   #23
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by burntt0ad View Post
GTA Online will be properly released 17th of September 2014.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 03:49 PM   #24
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout x360a View Post
GTA Online will be properly released 17th of September 2014.
Nah that's when final DLC is released! Why all the hate.

---
10,000 Achievements - 13 July 2014

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 04:59 PM   #25
ColdCokeCan

ColdCokeCan's Gamercard
I have lost my character twice, and today on the 19th I bought an Adder for $1000000 then upgraded it fully and now its gone :'(
ColdCokeCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:32 PM   #26
The Last Flight

I have a few questions:

1. How do you install patch 1.04? I didn't get the usual "An update is required" that usually appears whenever an update for a game is released. When I press start, go to the online tab, then go to options, I see "GTA Online Version 1.04" so could that mean I already installed it?

2. What if you have multiple characters when R* releases the stimulus money?

3. If you play Online for the first time this week, or next week from October 27-31, will you still receive the stimulus money?

Thanks.
The Last Flight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:11 PM   #27
snipingheadshot

Send a message via AIM to snipingheadshot

Faux News 79's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Flight View Post
1. ... so could that mean I already installed it?

2. What if you have multiple characters when R* releases the stimulus money?

3. If you play Online for the first time this week, or next week from October 27-31, will you still receive the stimulus money?

Thanks.
Yes.

It is a shared balance.

As far as I know, as long as you play once in the month of October, you will receive the $500k.
You're an idiot. Your dog is black. They're going to the movies. There is my car. Their dog is gone. It had no effect on me. That didn't affect me. We left, then we went to the store. He is smarter than you. It's time to leave. That dog lost its collar. His pants are loose. He is going to lose the game. I am going to the store. He has two dogs. I want to go, too. What clothes are you going to wear? They were going to the store. Where are the dogs? If we ignore bad grammar, we condone it.
snipingheadshot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:31 PM   #28
The Last Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipingheadshot View Post
Yes.

It is a shared balance.

As far as I know, as long as you play once in the month of October, you will receive the $500k.
Okay, thanks. By shared balance, you mean that if I have two characters, then they both will receive $500K?
The Last Flight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:20 AM   #29
Dante Kasai

Send a message via Skype™ to Dante Kasai

Dante Kasai's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Flight View Post
Okay, thanks. By shared balance, you mean that if I have two characters, then they both will receive $500K?
No. That would be ridiculous. The 500k should be shared across both of your characters. All characters should have access to the same bank account.

Completions: 45
Completion Percentage: 100%
Dante Kasai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:13 AM   #30
RuivoM

RuivoM's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodring View Post
No. That would be ridiculous. The 500k should be shared across both of your characters. All characters should have access to the same bank account.
This. The money that you have in the bank can be accessed by all characters and The stimulus go straight to the bank, so you use it with the character that you want.
RuivoM is offline   Reply With Quote