Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Turok
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-01-2008, 01:08 AM   #1
xLUNCHTREYx

I LUNCHTREY I's Gamercard
im so tired

im so tired of game developers deciding to put multiplayer achievements in games. this time it is ridiculous alost 85% of the achievements are multiplayer that just stupid.
xLUNCHTREYx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 06:37 AM   #2
XArchonianX

Send a message via AIM to XArchonianX

XArchonianX's Gamercard
Atleast non of the achievements are really that hard... If u can stand to play them online is probably the biggest achievement
XArchonianX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 12:34 AM   #3
IronSights308

IronSights308's Gamercard
no man i completely hear you on this!! this is BS!! i loved how call of duty 4 was all single player points..not multiplayer! Its ridiculous that there are only like 13 single player achievements in this game..im gettin them and selling it..thats why i can wait till Army of Two
IronSights308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 01:18 AM   #4
Lord Vlad 666

Lord Vlad 666's Gamercard
i agree with you both. On friday nights i love the sound of middle school kids cursing at each other and dropping racist slurs every 5 seconds!! They have destroyed multiplayer for alot of people.

Lord Vlad 666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 02:15 PM   #5
Ach. freak360

BIG EAZY 1's Gamercard
Im an ach. whore myself so I understand why ppl get upset about alot of multiplayer achievements,I actually enjoy getting some multiplayer achievements,but what I dont understand is why stupid devs dont stop with the ranked achievements.Only leaderboard whores care about ranked matches.
Ach. freak360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 04:31 PM   #6
FreaKyDeaKy

FreaKy DeaKy's Gamercard
yeah it does blow.
I like single player achievements alot better too

FreaKyDeaKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 07:59 AM   #7
Aprosa

Send a message via ICQ to Aprosa

iWitness NL's Gamercard
I agree... i don't like games with so many online achieves... CoD4 was great!

Aprosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 08:06 AM   #8
wrx06sti
Banned User

ShaunMichael80's Gamercard
stop whining due to you sucking
wrx06sti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 11:04 AM   #9
D e 5 t R u C t

iTz xBeRz3rKx's Gamercard
Yeah thats why im not very sure if i want to get this... havent heard anything to amazing about it
D e 5 t R u C t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:23 PM   #10
Arshak

ARSHAK's Gamercard
without online... achievements would be too boring. i think they should make all online ranked too so ppl cant boost em... thats just sad tbh.

Arshak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 01:31 PM   #11
Steelhead

SG Steelhead's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arshak View Post
without online... achievements would be too boring. i think they should make all online ranked too so ppl cant boost em... thats just sad tbh.
I disagree that all MP achievements should be unboostable. I would much rather see boosters working together than have people act like assholes because they need x amount of kills with a certain weapon.

Take GOW for instance. If you happen to fall into an MP match with a guy who's working on his sniper achievement, and you grab the snipe, they have been know to teamkill you or at least bitch and whine the whole time that you picked up a weapon that they "called". At least when people are boosting they aren't bothering anyone else.
Steelhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 02:32 PM   #12
jaycarrell

jaycarrell's Gamercard
It should be at least a 50/50 split though. If it's got a higher percentage of online achievement than that it makes the single player less rewarding, since achievements are fun. Developers need to be more creative and come up with MP achievements that are fun, challenging, and not boostable.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:14 PM   #13
Segnius

Segnius's Gamercard
I don't know what's so bad about multiplayer achievements. Do you guys know what the world "achieve" means? The whole idea is giving you something you'll have to work at, instead of just having a list full of easy single player achievements.
Segnius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 11:01 PM   #14
Ben Sharpe

Ben Sharpe's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
TBH i would have liked some online achievments for cod4 i think they would have added a bit more reward for putting in the hours online
Ben Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 02:15 AM   #15
xLUNCHTREYx

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrx06sti View Post
do i know u or something? i GUARANTEE in any game i would own u so bad ur xbox 360 and along with ur 70000 gamerscore will be up on ebay in the nxt 24 hours.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:52 PM   #16
IronSights308

IronSights308's Gamercard
i just think that the points should stick to single player or coop..making these ridiculous points online is just a way for the devs to make you play the game longer..like in gears of war..with the 100 kills with the weapons and grenades and such..when youve beat the game who really wants to play the same game another 20 hours just for 200 points...not me id rather move on to another game..just my opinion
IronSights308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 10:56 PM   #17
Bax x360a
Banned User

Send a message via MSN to Bax x360a

Bax x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelhead View Post
I disagree that all MP achievements should be unboostable. I would much rather see boosters working together than have people act like assholes because they need x amount of kills with a certain weapon.

Take GOW for instance. If you happen to fall into an MP match with a guy who's working on his sniper achievement, and you grab the snipe, they have been know to teamkill you or at least bitch and whine the whole time that you picked up a weapon that they "called". At least when people are boosting they aren't bothering anyone else.
How could they team kill you, there was no friendly fire in ranked matches on Gears of War. And I agree with everybody else, the main achievement list being Multiplayer sucks some serious balls
Bax x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 03:31 AM   #18
MrDudeMan

JFunk1488's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrx06sti View Post
That has got to be the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Why even post? Are you trying to be funny?

As for online achievements, I agree. Making more than half the achievements online achievements is stupid.
Old 02-09-2008, 06:12 PM   #19
trunk187

trunk187's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   Worms 3rd Place   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
i thank games should have a mandatory 1000 single player achievements pts then have 250 more points added on later that way ever body could get a 1000 pts and the people that want mp achievements can download them
Old 02-09-2008, 09:34 PM   #20
xLUNCHTREYx

Quote:
Originally Posted by trunk187 View Post
i thank games should have a mandatory 1000 single player achievements pts then have 250 more points added on later that way ever body could get a 1000 pts and the people that want mp achievements can download them
that is actually a really good idea.
Old 02-10-2008, 04:29 AM   #21
Chilidog Chaos
Banned User

stiff bon air's Gamercard
But what about the games without single player. I know there are a few out there.
Chilidog Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 05:38 AM   #22
M85A21
Banned User

Oldedog's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
THat fucking 100% with at least 5 Kills and 5 Headshots is starting to annoy me =[
I almost got it today...and my Sniper rifle bullet did a complete 90 degree...I was on 4 kills 4 headshots 100% accuracy =[
M85A21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 12:44 AM   #23
RuggersAssassin

Send a message via AIM to RuggersAssassin

RuggersAssassin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Its nice for a challenge for online achievements. If you all were not AW we might be able to let the developers have fun like this one..

^Thanks to SeedyEvil for the Sig^
RuggersAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 12:50 AM   #24
Stevedawg313

Send a message via AIM to Stevedawg313

Stevedawg313's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ach. freak360 View Post
Im an ach. whore myself so I understand why ppl get upset about alot of multiplayer achievements,I actually enjoy getting some multiplayer achievements,but what I dont understand is why stupid devs dont stop with the ranked achievements.Only leaderboard whores care about ranked matches.
But if you think about it, then its a choice between pleasing the leaderboard whores or the achievement whores and really, which whore is better than the other? LOL yeah I know we are bias but what I mean is if you make one happy you make the other mad. You can't please everyone.
Stevedawg313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 12:55 AM   #25
Grishnaar

Grishnaar's Gamercard
As I said in another post though, they didn't make either happy. They put in too many MP achievements for the achieve whores and their servers are too shitty to cater to the leaderboard whores.

If you want to focus that much of your game on multi-player, I've got two words for you: OPEN BETA

-Grishnaar

Last edited by Grishnaar; 02-15-2008 at 03:41 PM.
Grishnaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 11:09 PM   #26
Sonnenberg

S0NNENBERG's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronSights308 View Post
no man i completely hear you on this!! this is BS!! i loved how call of duty 4 was all single player points..not multiplayer! Its ridiculous that there are only like 13 single player achievements in this game..im gettin them and selling it..thats why i can wait till Army of Two

its just a game

and have u played cod 4 online, its awesome, i wish they had put online achievements in it
Sonnenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 01:15 AM   #27
xLUNCHTREYx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonnenberg View Post
its just a game

and have u played cod 4 online, its awesome, i wish they had put online achievements in it
if they had done that ur precious online would be VERY different, multiplayer achievments change everything about how the game is played.

ps. multiplayer master class and accuracy award are the dumbest achievements ever. turok a game were 85% of your shots hit the wall behind ur fow making them almost impossible.

Old 02-15-2008, 01:17 AM   #28
antnie

FTF GNASHER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I love online achievements. If only call of duty 4 had them, i would play that game 5 times more than what i do now.
antnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 03:42 AM   #29
InSoMnIaC_190

Sneaky White's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
I am mixed on this. 99% of the time I hate online achievements like Halo 3s which make you play alone but with CoD 4 I found myself wanting online achievements lol. Not bad ones but just like reach such and such rank , prestige whatever. Maybe even kill an enemy with a grenade or flash to the face lol.

InSoMnIaC_190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 05:42 AM   #30
shoutemup92

Send a message via AIM to shoutemup92

shootemup92's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Vlad 666 View Post
i agree with you both. On friday nights i love the sound of middle school kids cursing at each other and dropping racist slurs every 5 seconds!! They have destroyed multiplayer for alot of people.
Yea that is stupid they are a bunch of fags. Im only 15 but im not that bad i hate those kids who arnt even old enough to drive but cant say a sentence without saying a curse!
shoutemup92 is offline   Reply With Quote