PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-27-2013, 02:35 AM   #1
colonelcrittendon

samtreadwell's Gamercard
Flying Races?

What character works best for the flying races?
colonelcrittendon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 03:43 AM   #2
xxJUSTINxx

OddFull Metal's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I used Iron Man Mark 42 I believe, but it's basically luck and skill with getting a near perfect run and not running in to too many things as when you fly your guy doesn't like being close to the ground which makes some a pain in the ass.
Old 10-27-2013, 03:50 AM   #3
WORLDEATER

WORLDEATER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I have the most control with Iron Man, second is the Human Torch. I tend to lose control over Thor easily.
Old 10-27-2013, 03:52 AM   #4
xxJUSTINxx

OddFull Metal's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by WORLDEATER View Post
I have the most control with Iron Man, second is the Human Torch. I tend to lose control over Thor easily.
Thor is horrible as he likes to hover a lot when you slow down or stop.
Old 10-30-2013, 09:45 PM   #5
mastayoda12320

YODA12320's Gamercard
seriously want to strangle the idoit who though it was a good idea to throw in flying races in this crap. some controller chucking action in that lol.

Last edited by mastayoda12320; 10-30-2013 at 09:52 PM.
mastayoda12320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 04:10 PM   #6
matrix403

TheReal MrSweet's Gamercard
I was having trouble with even Iron Man due to the animation when he stops. I found it easiest with Silver Surfer. If you stop he stays in the Board Animation so there isn't much of a delay to get going again.
Old 11-01-2013, 06:55 AM   #7
colonelcrittendon

samtreadwell's Gamercard
that definately helps as i'm stuck on the race that begins at the end of the carrier. i got down to Manhattan and through the tunnel a couple times but can't seem to get under that overpass. i hate that bridge in the tunnel too. i feel like strangling that idiot too, but it's not like that would do any good, we're talking about people that don't know they're idiots and don't want to find out so whatever gamers like you and i say goes in their one ear and out the other. you can lead a video game designer to the truth but you can't make him beleive it. arrgh!
Old 11-02-2013, 06:29 AM   #8
LovecraftsTentacle

DeadShade 84's Gamercard
FINALLY!!! I beat them! I used mostly Silver Surfer, although I switched him with Galactus a few times. My best advice is to just keep practicing and memorizing the routes and hope that the gaming gods smile upon you.

These are the worst damn controls for racing. I'm literally 8 gold bricks (8 races) away from 100%! This might be the first Lego game I just give up on. So very frustrating!

Currently Boosting Gears of War 2, Gears of War 3, Red Faction Guerrilla, TMNT 1989, Quantum of Solace

Soon to be Boosting Gears of War

Last edited by LovecraftsTentacle; 11-02-2013 at 08:13 AM.
LovecraftsTentacle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 01:55 PM   #9
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovecraftsTentacle View Post
FINALLY!!! I beat them! I used mostly Silver Surfer, although I switched him with Galactus a few times. My best advice is to just keep practicing and memorizing the routes and hope that the gaming gods smile upon you.

These are the worst damn controls for racing. I'm literally 8 gold bricks (8 races) away from 100%! This might be the first Lego game I just give up on. So very frustrating!
How do you get the Silver Surfer? I'd like to give him a try on the flying races. I'm okay with Iron Man and helicopters blow up way too easy for them to be helpful. Maybe I'll try a plane.
Old 11-02-2013, 02:31 PM   #10
GlassVial

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhunterrrr View Post
How do you get the Silver Surfer? I'd like to give him a try on the flying races. I'm okay with Iron Man and helicopters blow up way too easy for them to be helpful. Maybe I'll try a plane.
I believe you need to finish the story missions first, then his character token will appear on the helicarrier, and you have to beat him in a race to get him. After many tries, I finally beat his race using iron man and a lot of boosting to make him fly faster, and practice. It's a pretty basic race though, mostly just a loop. Other flying missions are WAY harder, especially the ones that give you almost no time between checkpoints and the flying controls suck so bad so you have no time for adjustments.
GlassVial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 07:30 PM   #11
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   Staff Club - rekikire   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Artist of the Month   Community Gaming - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
On the plus side, I was sooooooo happy when I found out that the races requiring the Spider-Buggy and Hawkeye's Skycycle are not required for 100%.

If they were I migth've stopped trying for 100% because the Skycycle in particular handles like ass. I want to extend a hearty "fuck you" to whoever thought that thing should be a vehicle for racing.
Old 11-05-2013, 01:40 AM   #12
mastodon54

MASTODON54's Gamercard
Ok so i really suck at the flying. is there any tricks or button i need to hit to keep them flying straight and to move them up and down. if anyone can give me some help i would love it thanks.
mastodon54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 01:42 AM   #13
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastodon54 View Post
Ok so i really suck at the flying. is there any tricks or button i need to hit to keep them flying straight and to move them up and down. if anyone can give me some help i would love it thanks.
Hold to go up, hold to go down, and double tap to go extra fast.
Old 11-05-2013, 04:22 PM   #14
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   Staff Club - rekikire   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Artist of the Month   Community Gaming - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhunterrrr View Post
Hold to go up, hold to go down, and double tap to go extra fast.
This is a great start, but there's another little detail that should help a little.

When pushing forward, the and buttons actually tilt the angle of the character up and down, but when you release the button, the character will not return to flying level with the ground again. If you press to go up, the character will continue to fly forward at that upward angle until you stop moving forward or adjust back down with .

So if, say, you pushed to curve up to a checkpoint, but the next one needs you to stay at the same level. You need to hold until you level off again and then release it.

Hopefully this makes sense and is helpful...
Old 11-05-2013, 11:50 PM   #15
mastodon54

MASTODON54's Gamercard
sweet thanks for the hint
mastodon54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 08:10 AM   #16
HDresden

VGM 007's Gamercard
i found using green goblin helped me do the flying races. However, I'm stuck as all bloody hell racing Ghost Rider the second time. I can't bump him out of the way like any other race & when I get tangled with him, it launches my vehicle away.
Old 11-06-2013, 03:06 PM   #17
GlassVial

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDresden View Post
i found using green goblin helped me do the flying races. However, I'm stuck as all bloody hell racing Ghost Rider the second time. I can't bump him out of the way like any other race & when I get tangled with him, it launches my vehicle away.
I might try that, the flying races are what's preventing me from 100%'ing this game. The controls are just so bad, I can't do it.

As far as the second ghost rider race, I used one of the cycles, I think it was captain America's cycle maybe or the FF cycle, I forget, but try one of those. Just any old vehicle off the street will not beat Ghost Rider, that's for sure.
Old 11-06-2013, 04:16 PM   #18
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDresden View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassVial View Post
Just any old vehicle off the street will not beat Ghost Rider, that's for sure.
Uh, technically he can be beaten by any old vehicle off the road.

Here's the trick:

Initiate the race with Ghost Rider and let him get to the starting line. Then before entering the green checkpoint and pressing run around and hijack cars off the road. Drive them in front of Ghost Rider's starting position and line them up side-by-side in front of him. 2-3 ought to accomplish the task.

Then climb onto your vehicle and begin the race. Even if Ghost Rider does eventually manage to break through the car barrier, he'll be so far behind, you'll win easily.
Old 11-06-2013, 08:49 PM   #19
GlassVial

I meant without using tricks

If only there was a trick for the flight controls...
Old 11-06-2013, 09:00 PM   #20
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassVial View Post
I meant without using tricks

If only there was a trick for the flight controls...
I got tired of seeing Ghost Rider just whip through the races, so I set him back a little.

And, yeah, some way to trick the flight races would be cool, but unfortunately they make you learn how to fly if you want 100%.

Fortunately they decided that the races involving Hawkeye's Skycycle are not necessary for 100% completion. That thing handles so poorly and blows up so easily, I think I might have given up trying.
Old 11-06-2013, 11:37 PM   #21
colonelcrittendon

samtreadwell's Gamercard
I won virtually all the driving races with the Cloud Rider (just don't hit the button that makes you hover). I won most of the flying races with the Silver Surfer and the zipline race with Wolverine or someone that doesn't fly, transform, hover or is big. It was easy once i figured out you could drop off that last zipline early by hitting the B button.

Last edited by colonelcrittendon; 11-07-2013 at 04:04 AM.
Old 11-12-2013, 01:01 PM   #22
skeebear

Woolou's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelcrittendon View Post
I won virtually all the driving races with the Cloud Rider (just don't hit the button that makes you hover). I won most of the flying races with the Silver Surfer and the zipline race with Wolverine or someone that doesn't fly, transform, hover or is big. It was easy once i figured out you could drop off that last zipline early by hitting the B button.
I cant even beat the first Silver Surfer race to open him up and use him! The flying races suck in this game, and will be the reason I wont get 100%. Grrrrrrr
skeebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 02:57 PM   #23
GlassVial

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeebear View Post
I cant even beat the first Silver Surfer race to open him up and use him! The flying races suck in this game, and will be the reason I wont get 100%. Grrrrrrr
Yup, me too (on the not getting 100%). I was able to use iron man to beat silver surfer (after a lot of failures and practice) his race is basically just a loop and pretty simple. Some of the other flying races you have to do a lot more course correction, which takes up more time which causes you to fail because the flying mechanics are utter fail. Oh well.
Old 02-09-2014, 01:23 AM   #24
bradhutchison

My son wants everything unlocked, but I'm so frustrated with the broken flying mechanics in this game that I wrote an email to TT games and actually asked them to address this with a patch or something. I honestly feel that the mechanics for flying are broken and otherwise detract from an amazing game. I fail to understand how any child is going to complete some of these horrendously designed flying missions. Anyone who agrees with my summation should also take 5 mins to email TT games, in the hope that something gets done.

Here's the link:

http://www.ttgames.com/contact.php
bradhutchison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 04:30 AM   #25
The Big LT

The Big LT 77's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradhutchison View Post
My son wants everything unlocked, but I'm so frustrated with the broken flying mechanics in this game that I wrote an email to TT games and actually asked them to address this with a patch or something. I honestly feel that the mechanics for flying are broken and otherwise detract from an amazing game. I fail to understand how any child is going to complete some of these horrendously designed flying missions. Anyone who agrees with my summation should also take 5 mins to email TT games, in the hope that something gets done.
I feel that it will fall on deaf ears sadly. TT never release patches for any of the Lego games and they certainly ain't gonna start now.

The flying mechanics aren't broken as such they're just horrible, and they do take a fair bit of practice to get used to. I struggled with the flying races for ages until I finally worked out how to... well... fly. The only advice I can give you and your son is practice, always fly at top speed (not turbo boosting) by fully holding the analog stick forward, and make small corrections using and , what I mean by that is press the buttons for very short amounts of time to adjust height, it's surprising how little you need to hold the buttons to make big adjustments. The key to many of the flying races is a good start, if you can manage to get through the first few checkpoints flawlessly and you'll have a decent amount of a time bonus to make up for mistakes or whatever for the rest of the race.

If you think the flying mechanics are broken just wait until the rooftop races where you have to jump onto zip lines. I've never raged at a Lego game before but those zip lines almost broke me!

By the way try using Iron Man 42, he's the next best one to Silver Surfer as far as I'm aware.

Grow old never grow up

Last edited by The Big LT; 02-09-2014 at 04:33 AM.
The Big LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 04:57 PM   #26
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradhutchison View Post

Here's the link:

http://www.ttgames.com/contact.php
Yeah, the same flying mechanics show up again in The LEGO Movie Vidogame, so I doubt they're going to do anything to fix it. I think they've released 2 patches across the dozen or so games they've got on the 360, so, like The Big LT said, don't hold your breath waiting for them to patch this.

I found that I kept trying to use the left stick like a flight stick and it was messing me up. You have to keep in mind that the left stick is only for forward movement and turning left and right. The A and B buttons will tilt your character up and down on an axis that runs through the character's hips. And you have to level off the flight again after you move up or down because your character will remain flying at whatever angle you set with A and B. Also, be careful not to double tap B as it will cause your character to stop flying immediately.
Old 02-20-2014, 02:41 AM   #27
ApocalypticJoker

Lamb3ntSpartan's Gamercard
I have the most control with green goblin. I beat my first flying race (just off the Helicarrier) using him. As others have said though practice experiment with everyone
Old 03-14-2014, 10:02 PM   #28
wcellon

Panthera onca's Gamercard
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeebear View Post

Same here. After dozens and dozens of tries of all these flying races I still can't even make it through the 3rd or 4th ring in any of them! The flying controls for this game are simply broken.

I have no ability to control my altitude while the character is moving forward. If I try, my character usually does a 90 degree nose dive straight down or straight up. The only way I can make it through to the 3rd or 4th ring is to come to a complete stop in front of each ring and the raise or lower my height and then move forward again, but by that time, you run out of time. I don't think I have ever been so frustrated with a game in my life!!
Old 03-27-2014, 08:00 AM   #29
cjhurt73

m1st3rxblack's Gamercard
Green goblin is by far the easiest to maneuver.
I had so many problems I almost gave up
Once I used green goblin it jus took a few tries memorizing the course and he was easy to use
Forward
A and B to go up n down
cjhurt73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:31 AM   #30
shinobigarth

Send a message via Skype™ to shinobigarth

ShinobiGarth's Gamercard

i could not do the Surfer race with Iron Man at all, then i tried Galactus and won the 2nd try. thats the only race ive been able to do so far though. hate all the races in these games.

MSG me on Live!
shinobigarth is offline   Reply With Quote