Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Games
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-25-2013, 02:38 AM   #1
Slaughter.
The Knife in the Dark

Cpt Slaugh7er's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Unhappy Yoteslaya has died.

If you hadn't heard of yoteslaya, he was a YouTuber who did lots of let's plays, Borderlands 2 videos, and CoD Zombies videos. He was killed yesterday morning, Oct. 23, in a car crash with a train. He will be missed.

Based off of what I heard, I don't really feel sorry for him as it was an extremely idiotic thing to do. I mean seriously you don't try to out run a train in your pick-up truck...

Most recent completion -
Dark

Slaughter. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 02:39 AM   #2
Spade.

Send a message via Skype™ to Spade.

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Subscriber - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Links/news etc. to share?
Spade. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 02:43 AM   #3
Slaughter.
The Knife in the Dark

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade. View Post
Links/news etc. to share?
http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/sh...d.php?t=338218

Most recent completion -
Dark

Old 10-25-2013, 03:01 AM   #4
BiggD
54 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
I heard it was a rumor at first...either way, it's a terrible loss, but take note that he was driving intoxicated and racing against a train.

My thoughts go out to his family - especially his wife and children - and the two people that were in his car, but I cannot wrap my mind around the things people will do when they have to much to drink. A part of me really wants to just say it...I do not feel bad given the circumstance...but still, it's a terrible loss.

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 06:48 AM   #5
VonThronstahl

Throni360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
and racing against a train.
All he had to do was follow the damn train, CJ.
RIP in peace to all those who were affected because he was DUI. Worst kind of traffic accidents because you never know whether someone drinks and drives or not. It was irresponsible to drive intoxicated (especially with passengers) and threaten the life of innocents. He had it coming, but the innocents propably didn't deserve it.
Bejeweled Live, Crash Time 4: The Syndicate & 5: Undercover, Cro-Mag Rally, Centipede, Hunter's Trophy 2: America & Australia, SEGA Rally Online Arcade, Toy Soldiers: Boot Camp and Victorious: Time to Shine.
VonThronstahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 06:57 AM   #6
BitterMelonFarm

BitterMelonFarm's Gamercard
This is a depressing story any way you look at it. I feel bad for any innocent victims, his family, and anyone affected by this, but my God, what a fucking asinine way to die. Drunk driving is one of the stupidest things a person can do, and trying to drunkenly outrun a train in a pickup is on an entirely new plain of idiocy. Regardless, RIP.

Thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er for the sig!
Back after a lengthy hiatus
Latest Completion: South Park: The Stick of Truth
PSN - kingslayer52 (Vita and PS3, PS Plus)
BitterMelonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 07:23 AM   #7
Done For You

Dylan XBA's Gamercard
No big loss by the sounds of it then
Done For You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:26 AM   #8
Bubble Supreme

BubbIe n Squeek's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
My condolences to the family, but my heart also goes out to the train driver. Hopefully he gets the necessary help to overcome such a traumatic event.

Thanks to Audacious for making the sig!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftie View Post
They listened to the letter I wrote them in crayon!? YESS!!!!
Bubble Supreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:32 AM   #9
KillerBEA
Lords Are Coming

Send a message via Skype™ to KillerBEA

KillerBEA XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Community Gaming - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 27 (more» ...)
Sad to hear that he and 2 others died, in his moment of drunken stupor. RIP
Old 10-25-2013, 10:26 AM   #10
Skorpion XBA
RIP Travis

Skorpion XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 3   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Green Thumb - Platinum   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner
Total Awards: 34 (more» ...)
Wow. It sucks when a life is taken, but I'm more concerned about his family. When you do idiotic stunts you take the risk of dying. Still, he didn't deserve to die and my condolences go out to his family.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:27 AM   #11
FullMoonBeaver

FullMoonBeaver's Gamercard
Shame that the 2 passengers died as well, but it was a stupid thing to do. Seriously, driving whilst drunk, is dumb, and I don't feel any sadness. Should have known better at his age. I just feel sorry for the grief his family have to go through. Sounds harsh, but I don't sympathise with stupid people at all.
FullMoonBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 11:02 AM   #12
Nathan WV10

Send a message via MSN to Nathan WV10

x Nathan Wv10 x's Gamercard
Never heard of him but Rest in peace.

Thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er for the sig and Rajeanero for the avatar
Nathan WV10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 12:58 PM   #13
JORDAN K 95

Send a message via Skype™ to JORDAN K 95

JORDAN K 95's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
seen a few of his videos before a while back. RIP buddy, you will be missed!

Thanks for the sig Gackt

BF4 RANK:
JORDAN K 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 01:21 PM   #14
Looter1

looter1's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold
I wonder if he'll get a Darwin award? - it was a very darwinistic way to go out....

It's a shame tho his BL2 videos taught me a lot about the game and where to find legendararies etc, so whilst his stupid way of going out and taking 2 ppl with him should be condemned; his contributions to gaming will be missed!! - there was some talk that Gearbox may honour him in a future game like they did for Michael Malmaril in BL2.
Looter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 02:33 PM   #15
Slaughter.
The Knife in the Dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looter1 View Post
I wonder if he'll get a Darwin award? - it was a very darwinistic way to go out....

It's a shame tho his BL2 videos taught me a lot about the game and where to find legendararies etc, so whilst his stupid way of going out and taking 2 ppl with him should be condemned; his contributions to gaming will be missed!! - there was some talk that Gearbox may honour him in a future game like they did for Michael Malmaril in BL2.
Well said.

Most recent completion -
Dark

Old 10-25-2013, 03:32 PM   #16
Done For You

Dylan XBA's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looter1 View Post

Malmaril passed away due to a terminal illness and his friend(s) contacted Gearbox asking them to get Claptrap to give his eulogy in BL2 because he was such a fan. Gearbox made him into a NPC.

Yoteslaya killed himself along with 2 others whilst drink-driving. How can they "honour" that?
Done For You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 05:23 PM   #17
Looter1

looter1's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Done For You View Post
Malmaril passed away due to a terminal illness and his friend(s) contacted Gearbox asking them to get Claptrap to give his eulogy in BL2 because he was such a fan. Gearbox made him into a NPC.

Yoteslaya killed himself along with 2 others whilst drink-driving. How can they "honour" that?
It's never the death you honour, it's the person who died.

Like I said, he went out in a stupid way; little honour there (negative even), but he did contribute a ton to gaming and gamers and was respected for what he did (up until that stupid, fatal, last action of course) and his contributions were quite well known in the gaming/youtuber community. (hell I HATE "let's plays" with a passion, but I was able to happily watch some of his, mostly cos he was funny & informative, and also rather prolific - posted new things almost daily)

Anyhow... I was just mentioning some of what's being discussed on the gearbox forum and Randy Pitchford's Twitter - nothing is set in stone yet anyhow.. I believe it's at the petition stage.
Looter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:26 PM   #18
Sampson

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
I would say natural selection buuuuuuut, I think that'd be mean.

"Everyone is entitled to their own sorrow, for the
heart has no metrics or form of measure. And all of
it... irreplaceable."

Thanks to Rajeanero for the excellent signature!
Sampson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:34 PM   #19
Puppys
Dawn of the Final Day

Send a message via Skype™ to Puppys

x1001x Puppys's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - KillerBEA   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Donator - Level 2   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - troy0891   Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 38 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Done For You View Post

I think he was referring to honoring the person, not the death. He had a major impact on the community, and that is what he should be remembered for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Doug View Post
SWAG!
Puppys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 12:31 AM   #20
Slaughter.
The Knife in the Dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1001puppys View Post
I think he was referring to honoring the person, not the death. He had a major impact on the community, and that is what he should be remembered for.
Well said.

Most recent completion -
Dark

Old 10-26-2013, 01:01 AM   #21
BitterMelonFarm

BitterMelonFarm's Gamercard
I very nearly mentioned the Darwin Awards in my post but was afraid it would be taken poorly. Glad someone else went there. I just can't have any respect for somebody who does such a thing. I was discussing this with my friend today and the "natural selection" sentiment seems apt. I was upset when Ryan Dunn from Jackass died driving drunk and I also knew an otherwise cool guy in high school who died the same way, because it's sad that they chose to destroy their lives like that. The same applies to Yoteslaya, though I've never seen his videos.

Thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er for the sig!
Back after a lengthy hiatus
Latest Completion: South Park: The Stick of Truth
PSN - kingslayer52 (Vita and PS3, PS Plus)
BitterMelonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 03:48 AM   #22
FatalDeathSG45

BloodScourge88's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
It's a shame to see a great YouTuber go, albeit under easily avoidable circumstances. I mainly watched his Borderlands 2 weapon videos, but he was still a good person. He will sorely be missed.
FatalDeathSG45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 04:00 AM   #23
Emfulz

Send a message via MSN to Emfulz

EMFULZ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
From a gamer to a gamer, my heart goes out to the loved ones.

Signature by Cpt Slaugh7er
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
Emfulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 05:58 AM   #24
Fragarach Luin

Fragarach Luin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Community Gaming - Bronze   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy
No one would defend drunk driving. I was injured by a drunk driver when I was nine-years-old, and could very easily have died. But I would hardly be so arrogant as to pass judgment on someone else. I've done incredibly stupid things before, and if one of them had ended my life, it would be terrible for that one moment of stupidity to overshadow all the rest of what my life had meant.
In the end, a life was ended too early. That's tragic.
Old 10-29-2013, 06:14 AM   #25
Slaughter.
The Knife in the Dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragarach Luin View Post
No one would defend drunk driving. I was injured by a drunk driver when I was nine-years-old, and could very easily have died. But I would hardly be so arrogant as to pass judgment on someone else. I've done incredibly stupid things before, and if one of them had ended my life, it would be terrible for that one moment of stupidity to overshadow all the rest of what my life had meant.
In the end, a life was ended too early. That's tragic.
You're right. I've done stupid things before but if I died because of something like that (an accident caused by drunk-driving), I wouldn't care if you thought I was an idiot.

Most recent completion -
Dark

Old 10-29-2013, 03:17 PM   #26
Kairi
Moderator / Spam Killer

Send a message via Skype™ to Kairi

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase A+ Thread Award   Staff - Moderator   Community Gaming - Gold   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   CABS Beta Tester
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
I honestly haven't heard of Yoteslaya before, but it's a shame to hear about this. :/ RIP to him and the two others that died.

It's a world of saints and sinners, losers and winners, good and bad, happy and sad
Can't break the spell! I'll be there for you....
Kairi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 05:22 PM   #27
Evo Kazz

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Platinum   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Tyger7   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 28 (more» ...)
Sorry to be heartless, but no sympathy, people who drink and drive and end up like this, it's karma's way of saying fuck you.

I've seen a 4 year old hit by a drunk driver, he survived but still its traumatic, anyone who puts themselves in the situation where alcohol and a vehicle mix, deserves no less. It's a sad story, and RIP by all means, but in my opinion he got what he deserved.

This guy could of hurt someone else, run over one of you, killed one of your children, drunk drivers are scum.

People after all the years of driving cars don't realise the dangers to other people when they are acting up. Other people that grate on me are these dumb fucks who broadcast where police speed cameras are and download apps for them and satnav etc, rules of the road are there for a reason, but these inbreds feel they have a right to drive slow by a camera, then floor it when they get round the corner.

Arcade Crazy - 26 - Over Achiever - 54 - XB1 Points - 36
Franchise Clubs - 5x Tier 1, 3x Tier 2, 1x Tier 3
Staff Clubs - 10

Last edited by Evo Kazz; 10-29-2013 at 05:25 PM.
Evo Kazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:15 PM   #28
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Hard to feel bad for him. If he hit a family head on and kids died I am not sure "honoring" him is the best thing.

The families are the ones who always suffer. A selffish act with horrible concequences.

EDIT: I also love how they want to ad him to the game in the gearbox forums.

Michigan Members Unite!

Last edited by Spanish Assault; 10-29-2013 at 08:26 PM.
Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 09:24 PM   #29
VonThronstahl

Throni360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanish Assault View Post
I also love how they want to ad him to the game in the gearbox forums.
They already did:

SCNR
Bejeweled Live, Crash Time 4: The Syndicate & 5: Undercover, Cro-Mag Rally, Centipede, Hunter's Trophy 2: America & Australia, SEGA Rally Online Arcade, Toy Soldiers: Boot Camp and Victorious: Time to Shine.
VonThronstahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 09:44 PM   #30
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VonThronstahl View Post
I can't see youtube at work...But if it's true God help us.

Michigan Members Unite!
Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote