Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Turok
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-01-2008, 07:31 PM   #1
xDAx AWESOME

Send a message via AIM to xDAx AWESOME

xDAx AWESOME's Gamercard
Achievement Guide

Triple Kill - 20G
In a ranked match, get 3 kills in 4 seconds. Easiest way for me was by using the secondary fire (RB) with the mini-gun, because it creates a turret on the ground. Another useful method is to use the sticky gun and detonate it on someone when they are next to someone else. You can also get lucky with a rocket launcher.

Thorn in Side - 20G
In a ranked match, kill the person who captures your flag 5 times. Easiest way is to camp your flag, and then kill him as soon as he picks it up.

Co-Op 1 - 30G
Complete Co-Op map 1. These are pretty hard, so I recommend having 3 or 4 people in the game to complete it.

Co-Op 2 - 30G
Complete Co-Op map 2. These are pretty hard, so I recommend having 3 or 4 people in the game to complete it.

Co-Op 3 - 30G
Complete Co-Op map 3. These are pretty hard, so I recommend having 3 or 4 people in the game to complete it.

Hometown Hero - 25G
In a public game, return 5 flags back to your base. Use the same strategy you did for the Thorn in Side achievement, just run over your flag to pick it back up afterwards. You should be able to get them both at the same time.

Arch-Nemesis - 15G
In a public match, kill the same person 5 times in a row without killing anyone else in between. Easiest way is in Small free for all, just keep searching out the same person and use your knife or a power weapon. This can also be boosted with a friend.

Crack Shot - 15G
In a public game, kill 5 people with headshots. That means in one game, shouldn't be too difficult. As dumb as it sounds, its actually really easy to get headshots using the flamethrower, that was easiest for me. The pistol also works like a charm. Just aim at head level and it should work. You can also boost this against a friend if you want.

Accuracy Award - 20G
In a ranked match, have 75%+ accuracy with AT LEAST 20 shots fired. Just aim carefully and you'll get it with patience. Make sure to use a weapon that doesn't burst fire, though. Pistol, Sniper, stuff like that is the best way to go.

Great Round - 15G

Finsh a public free-for-all match with a battle rating over 100. Kill to death ratio, assists, suicides, all battle techniques play into this. I got it in my first game. Just do decently and it should unlock on your first couple games.

Grab Bag - 10G

In a public match, kill at least 1 creature (dino or bug), 1 enemy, and yourself. The teamkill part was taken out of the achievement.

Unbreakable - 30G
In a ranked match, play through and finish the entire thing without dying. I'd suggest Small FFA for this one, or do a team game of CTF and just hide in the back and let your teammates do all the work.

Pacifist - 15G
In a public match, capture the other team's flag twice without ever shooting or killing anyone. Every time you spawn just keep going for the flag, preferably using back routes and such. This one can be a real pain, so just be patient.

Dino Hunter - 15G
In a public match, kill 20 dinos. Just find a spot where there is dinosaur eggs, and shoot them. Every time you shoot them a new dino should respawn pretty close to the area you are. Use your knife for quicker kills. I'd recommend doing this in Small Free For All or Small Team.

Exterminator - 15G
In a public match, kill 20 bugs. With bugs you cannot knife them, so just shoot them. They usually spawn in two's and respawn once they are both killed. Pretty easy. I'd recommend Small Free For All or Small Team

Resurrection - 15G
In a player match, get 10 kills and die 10 times. Free for all games only go to 15, so I got my 10 kills and then just ran at people and let them kill me. I guess this could potentially be easier in a team game, but it works just the same in Free For All. Killing yourself also works for your 10 deaths.

Gamesman - 15G
In public or private matches, play a full round of each gametype. I believe this also includes Co-op. Gametypes include: Small Free For All, Large Free For All, Assault CTF, Regular CTF, and War Games.

Retribution - 15G
In a public game, knife kill your rival. After killing you, whoever killed you becomes your rival. They will glow red on your screen, so just search them out and knife them. Pretty easy.

Primitive Weapons - 15G
In a public match, get 10 kills using only the bow or knife. Don't even shoot a bullet from any other type of gun. Either option works just as well, but some people have issues trying to knife, so go for the bow if you are better at shooting.

All-Purpose Warrior - 30G
Win 10 public games of each team game option (Small Team, Large Team, Co-Op). The Co-op matches must be completed, you cannot lose.

Medal of Citation - 25G
In ranked matches, get to a total of 100 kills. Just keep playing and it will come with time. Kills seem to rack up faster in Free For All though, so I'd recommend that mode. You also get a lot of kills in CTF if you defend.

Medal of Commendation - 50G
In ranked matches, get to a total of 500 kills. Just keep playing and it will come with time. Kills seem to rack up faster in Free For All though, so I'd recommend that mode. CTF is also great.

Boomstick - 10G
In a public match, kill a dilo with the stickygun. This achievement can be done in Co-Op Map 2 (Shadowed Paths) The Dilo is much bigger than the raptors are, its a grayish color, and takes a lot more to kill. When you run into them in Co-Op map 2, the sticky gun is off to the right side. Shoot it and detonate. It takes 2 sticks and explosions to kill it.

Arsenal - 20G
In public matches, Kill various enemies with every type of gun in the game. This is a career achievement. I know that turrets don't count for this achievement. Weapons include: SMG, Knife, Shotgun, Stickygun, Flamethrower, Mini-gun, Sniper Rifle, Pistol, Bow, Rocket Launcher, and the Plasma Gun.

Massive Battle - 10G

Participate in a public 6 on 6 team game. Just search under Large Team Game, and you should get this in your first couple games. Sometimes it will start with less than 12, but eventually you'll get a full room.

Buddy Blowout - 20G

Play a full 8 on 8 private team game. Play a few public/ranked matches, and then host a private game. Just start sending out invites, and you should be able to get people to join. Have the people you invite do the same, or just accept any game invite you get from others.

Multiplayer First-Class - 35G

In a ranked match, finish with 100% accuracy and 5+ kills. There's two options here. First, you can try to just knife 5 people, but be careful, because you CAN'T MISS. You would have to pull off 5 stealth kills without messing it up. Second, you can just snipe 5 people. Just make sure you are going to get the kill and shoot.

Multiplayer Master-Class - 40G

In a ranked match, get all headshots and at least 5 kills. This can be done with any weapon, but I'm not really sure which option would be best for you. I did it in a team game by sniping, just finding people that were sniping, or standing still for some other reason and picked them off.

Practically Canadian - 20G
In a ranked match, defend your flag. It's done by killing someone after they have picked up your flag. You have to kill them 5 times. It's the same as Thorn in Side, only in ranked.

Big Game Ribbon - 20G
Unlocks by playing through the story mode in the "Mother Superior" mission. This unlocks after you kill the T-Rex.

Angler Ribbon - 20G
Unlocks by playing through the story mode. This unlocks after you beat the Sea Serpent.

Sell Your Shotguns - 35G
In story mode, complete the chapter/mission "Mother Superior" without using the shotgun. Just stay behind any cover you can, and only take shots you know you'll get. The plasma rifle/sniper rifle will help you more here anyways. You also CAN'T shoot flares.

Dino Dominance - 25G

In story mode, knife kill 50 creatures. This will just come while you are playing. Just make sure you knife dinos and such instead of shooting them, and it should come in no time.

Turok Service Ribbon - 40G

Complete the story mode and unlock the Inhuman difficulty. You can do this on any difficulty.

Turok Campaign Ribbon - 60G
Complete the story mode on Inhuman difficulty. Good luck. It's more a less a matter of being really stealthy and getting headshots with all weapons. Trying to shoot the bodies of your enemies becomes a really big waste of time. Headshots or you are dead. Use the plasma gun and it's grenades as much as you can, they can be a life saver.

Sniper! - 40G
In story mode, headshot 10 people in a row. Just use the sniper and pick people off when they stop moving. Thanks to Grishnaar for this tip: "For the 10 headshots, I recommend the part just before the "Spider Tank" comes out. When Slade calls for help and you run from the wreckage camp up to help him, stay outside the opening in the rocks and just zoom in on them as they swarm. As long as you don't run in far enough to trigger the "cutscene" with the soldier with the RPG, the enemies should keep spawning." Myself, I got the achievement later on in the game where there are 3 tanks that enemies come out of. I hid as far back as possible, and they just kept spawning and not moving. It was in one of the last missions after the serpent.

Impaler Ribbon - 10G
In story mode, pin an enemy to the wall with an arrow. Just shoot when the enemy is near a wall, tree, or anything really and shoot away. This can be harder then it seems, because it has to be lined up perfect and they have to be pretty close to the object.

Turok Defense Force - 25G
In story mode, fight off 20 raptor mauls. Just let them get you down and then do the command on screen.

Last edited by xDAx AWESOME; 02-07-2008 at 08:08 AM. Reason: Updating Guide
xDAx AWESOME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 07:53 PM   #2
RageOfFetus

Rage0fFetus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
It's A Trap! - 15G
In story mode, get dinos to kill 5 enemy soldiers by shooting them with a flare. You shoot out a flare from the shotgun with RB. You must hit the enemy with the flare. This is easiest around the Dilos, they kill the soldiers much faster.

Loud Love - 15G
In story mode, kill three enemies with one rocket launcher shot. Just wait for them to group up, and bam. You can just shoot a helicopter as the guys jump out, or shoot the back of a tank a second after the back opens.

5, 4, 3, 2, 1... BOOM! - 15G
In story mode, kill three enemies with one grenade. Just wait for them to group up and throw. This can be done almost anywhere you have not alerted the guards.

Pincushion - 25G
In story mode, pin 50 enemies with the bow. Again, just wait until they are near a solid object and line it up. This one will take a lot of effort. Best method for this is to replay the mission "Bad Blood" after you beat the game. Play until you get to the part with the pipes outside the building. Once inside the building, there are enemies just waiting for you to shoot them if you stay back far enough. Just line up shots and take them. After you get a couple/run out of arrows, just save and quit. Then, continue again and they will keep building. DO NOT DIE, if you die they don't count.

Man or Animal - 30G
In story mode, stealth kill 100 enemy soldiers with the knife. Just learn to hide, wait until their backs are turned to you, then run up and press RT. Try not to do this in areas with lots of enemies, or you WILL die. For this one choose the chapter "Bad Blood" after game completion, and just go through until you get to the part outside with the pipes. You are told to be stealthy in this area, and you can get up to 8 or so knifes if you are good enough. Don't die, or it wont count. Save when you are about to die or run out of people to kill, and then quit. Continue and they will save.

Last edited by PerpetualHeaven; 02-08-2008 at 05:13 PM.
RageOfFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 07:54 PM   #3
FreaKyDeaKy

FreaKy DeaKy's Gamercard
Great Start so far.

FreaKyDeaKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 08:38 PM   #4
FreaKyDeaKy

FreaKy DeaKy's Gamercard
on MOTHER Superior when you have to investigate the compound is a good spot for
Impaler Ribbon10 Pin an enemy to the wall with an arrow in the Story Mode campaign

they need to be pretty close to the wall for it to work.

Old 02-01-2008, 08:42 PM   #5
KINGxSAINT
Banned User

Send a message via MSN to KINGxSAINT

KINGxSAINT's Gamercard

I Have not played the game but still looks like a pretty good guide!
KINGxSAINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 08:49 PM   #6
benbam87

s7arscr3am 05's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Nice start with the guide man

Working On
FORZA 4 (575) - Gears Of War 3 (635) - Dead Island (715) - Portal 2 (875)

Most Proud Completions
Rage (1000) - Call Of Duty 4 (1000) - Oblivion (1250)
benbam87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 08:51 PM   #7
Archonfury

Archonfury's Gamercard

Awards Showcase A+ Thread Award
my advice would be to add a little more description to each object. Nothing is "self explanatory", give people a little help, for example for Indestructible, its probably easiest in a ranked capture the flag match while hiding in the back.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:40 AM   #8
Siegfried

Send a message via MSN to Siegfried

SiegfriedX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Gold
I have some questions about Man or Animal and Pincushion. Do they stack from one campain to the other? Also, if you keep dieing and reloading the ckeckpoint, do you lose all your progress since the last checkpoint or the game keeps counting? (i'm pretty sure it keeps because of the time I got Dino Dominance, but I want to make sure before I waste a lot of time on these two)
Siegfried is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 12:54 AM   #9
xDAx AWESOME

xDAx AWESOME's Gamercard
it has to be done in one campaign, and in most games when you die, it doesnt save your previous kills.
Old 02-02-2008, 01:12 AM   #10
XArchonianX

Send a message via AIM to XArchonianX

XArchonianX's Gamercard
i didnt use the Shotgun the entire level for this achievements but still didnt get it...?

Sell Your Shotguns - 35G
In story mode, complete the chapter/mission "Mother Superior" without using the shotgun. Just stay behind any cover you can, and only take shots you know you'll get.
XArchonianX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 02:51 AM   #11
xDAx AWESOME

xDAx AWESOME's Gamercard
you can't use flares or anything either. I'm playing on hard, but I doubt thats something you have to do.
Old 02-02-2008, 02:57 AM   #12
eternal123

Send a message via MSN to eternal123

Eternalchaos107's Gamercard
thanks for the tips
Old 02-02-2008, 04:47 AM   #13
xDAx AWESOME

xDAx AWESOME's Gamercard
UPDATE

I figured out that the dilo is in Co-op so you gotta stickygun kill it in a public co-op game.
Old 02-02-2008, 07:40 AM   #14
The Midnight Q

The Midnight Q's Gamercard
Thanks for the guide I don't even have the game but I'm going to thank you
The Midnight Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 12:08 PM   #15
FreaKyDeaKy

FreaKy DeaKy's Gamercard
Any one got any hints for the "10 Headshots in a Row" ?

I'm finding it tough, I can get about 7 but the soldiers are tough AI. They're always moving.

Old 02-02-2008, 01:00 PM   #16
FreaKyDeaKy

FreaKy DeaKy's Gamercard
For the Sell you shotguns chev it's a pretty long level. I just didn't even select it the whole time and got it in the end.

Old 02-02-2008, 02:54 PM   #17
Grishnaar

Grishnaar's Gamercard
For the 10 headshots, I recommend the part just before the "Spider Tank" comes out. When Slade calls for help and you run from the wreckage camp up to help him, stay outside the opening in the rocks and just zoom in on them as they swarm. As long as you don't run in far enough to trigger the "cutscene" with the soldier with the RPG, the enemies should keep spawning.

-Grishnaar
Grishnaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 02:58 PM   #18
FreaKyDeaKy

FreaKy DeaKy's Gamercard
I'll try that. I'm at another spot now after the guy on yout team fires the rocket into the convoy.

Old 02-02-2008, 04:18 PM   #19
FreaKyDeaKy

FreaKy DeaKy's Gamercard
FINALLLYYYYYYYYYY.......GOt it at the convoy part after Logan? shots the rocket. Just go to the lower level a little and there's a V shaped overhang rock that's great to stand on and pick them off. Hope this helps anyone.

Grishnarr I was trying in that spot before but couldn't get it there, and I think I went past the checkpoint as well. thanks for the tip.

Old 02-02-2008, 04:23 PM   #20
FreaKyDeaKy

FreaKy DeaKy's Gamercard
Is there another spot to get the rocket launcher other than the spider tank? That's the only time I've come across it so far.

Old 02-02-2008, 04:50 PM   #21
Grishnaar

Grishnaar's Gamercard
I can't for the life of me figure out how to kill a "dilo" with a sticky gun. I've hit them with the alt fire tons of times but they move too damn fast to lock on with the regular fire.

Well there's that and the fact that every asshole in the entire game is over at the dino spawns trying to knife everyone. I swear this game would be awesome if they just took the stupid ass knife out.

-Grishnaar
Old 02-02-2008, 07:49 PM   #22
xDAx AWESOME

xDAx AWESOME's Gamercard
the dilo is in Co-Op, and the stickygun is its own gun you don't shoot it with a flare.
Old 02-02-2008, 10:16 PM   #23
Grishnaar

Grishnaar's Gamercard
Hmmm, ok I'll give that a try. Just so I'm on the same page though, isn't the stickygun the little plasma pistol? If you alt-fire it you get a yellow bubble that explodes on impact, but if you normal fire it you get a little flare that lands on the ground and does nothing. However if you keep something in your crosshairs long enough they glow red and supposedly "lock on".

-Grishnaar
Old 02-03-2008, 03:59 PM   #24
RageOfFetus

Rage0fFetus's Gamercard

You Can Get the Boomstick one in the second co-op mission. there is a sticky gun hiding in a bush where the dilos come.
RageOfFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 05:52 PM   #25
XArchonianX

XArchonianX's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xDAx AWESOME View Post
it has to be done in one campaign, and in most games when you die, it doesnt save your previous kills.
Check your Achievements from the Turok main screen its adding them up as u get them... And pretty sure they do cary over bc i dont even know if u can get over 50 stealth in 1 game
Old 02-03-2008, 06:53 PM   #26
XArchonianX

XArchonianX's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnaar View Post
For the 10 headshots, I recommend the part just before the "Spider Tank" comes out. When Slade calls for help and you run from the wreckage camp up to help him, stay outside the opening in the rocks and just zoom in on them as they swarm. As long as you don't run in far enough to trigger the "cutscene" with the soldier with the RPG, the enemies should keep spawning.

-Grishnaar
This advice is golden for this achievement... After you defend your base and the wall blows up where Slade is yelling for help you can get 3 headshots right there.. There is a Rock to your left as you enter try to stay touching the rock. You can swing around to the left *KEEP Touching the rock* And snipe all the guys hiding around the rocks.. if you get lucky they will come in 1 by 1 and crouch down looking at the bodies.. Easy kills. *WARNING*** They will throw occasional Grenades side step to the RIGHT, if the grenades hit you for some odd reason it will start the cut scene and you will have to retry it again... Hope this helps.

Also For Sell your shotgun. On mother superior i think what confuses some people and even myself was after you fight the T-Rex the level is not over.. and after that cutscene you pick up a shotgun right away i cant remember but i think thats your only weapon.. Dont use it at all i just ran through that part And used my knife the whole time avoiding the bigger dinos.
Old 02-03-2008, 08:21 PM   #27
MetalNutz

MetalNutz's Gamercard
How do you unlock the angler ribbon?

Last edited by MetalNutz; 02-03-2008 at 08:42 PM. Reason: misspelled
MetalNutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:33 PM   #28
XArchonianX

XArchonianX's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalNutz View Post
How do you unlock the angler ribbon?
Kill the boss in cave about half way through the story.
Old 02-04-2008, 06:03 AM   #29
Arshak

ARSHAK's Gamercard
nice guide overall...

one suggestion though... it would help a lot if you could give specific locations for where its a good place to get certain achievements

Arshak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 07:20 AM   #30
xDAx AWESOME

xDAx AWESOME's Gamercard
Alright guys, I updated the guide with new stuff I found out myself, and Grishnaar's 10 headshot method. I'll add more if I figure out anything I didn't put, but I don't know what else I could add.