PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Batman: Arkham Origins
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-30-2013, 10:13 PM   #1
x352x pH

Send a message via AIM to x352x pH

x352x pH's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Worst Nightmare Rank 6

I've tried this one multiple times and it still won't work. I'm doing the corner takedown, the vent takedown (not sure if it means when you're coming from below where you have to hit RT+A to enter it or just on the other side of a vent that you have to tap A+A+A... so I've been doing BOTH), the ledge takedown, and the explosive gel. I think its the explosive gel one thats tripping me up because I have the unlock ability where it auto-detonates itself when an enemy is near so maybe its that? Can anyone confirm and is there a way to turn auto-detonation off?
Mobile - 10
Win8 - 3
PC/GFWL - 2

x352x pH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:23 PM   #2
Platinum Mike

Platinum Mike's Gamercard
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=551438

I've posted a fairly detailed description on how to complete this challenge in this post.

If your explosive gel is detonating automatically then you are spraying it on to a wall you can pull a henchman through, you want a wall with an explosion symbol, not a fist symbol. Explosive gel won't detonate automatically through a thick wall.

You must do these challenges in the story mode, predator challenge maps don't seem to count.
Platinum Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:26 PM   #3
x352x pH

x352x pH's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum Mike View Post
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=551438

I've posted a fairly detailed description on how to complete this challenge in this post.

If your explosive gel is detonating automatically then you are spraying it on to a wall you can pull a henchman through, you want a wall with an explosion symbol, not a fist symbol. Explosive gel won't detonate automatically through a thick wall.

You must do these challenges in the story mode, predator challenge maps don't seem to count.
Hmm, did not realize there was a difference, will try again.
Mobile - 10
Win8 - 3
PC/GFWL - 2

Old 10-30-2013, 10:33 PM   #4
Platinum Mike

Platinum Mike's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by x352x pH View Post
Hmm, did not realize there was a difference, will try again.

There is, there are two types of walls in the Arkham verse, those you can do takedowns through and those you can detonate for takedowns.

Glass and thin walls will stun an enemy but not knock them out, these are walls with the fist symbol on them.

Thicker walls have a star-like explosion symbol on them that will stun and knock out a thug if you detonate the wall towards them but you cant perform a "Y" button takedown through this kind of wall.
Platinum Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:50 PM   #5
x352x pH

x352x pH's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum Mike View Post
There is, there are two types of walls in the Arkham verse, those you can do takedowns through and those you can detonate for takedowns.

Glass and thin walls will stun an enemy but not knock them out, these are walls with the fist symbol on them.

Thicker walls have a star-like explosion symbol on them that will stun and knock out a thug if you detonate the wall towards them but you cant perform a "Y" button takedown through this kind of wall.
Thanks for the heads up!
Mobile - 10
Win8 - 3
PC/GFWL - 2