PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-22-2013, 01:36 PM   #1
Fiery Phoenix

Valiant Phoenix's Gamercard
The Director's Cut Discussion

Just a thread for those who are picking this up this week and want to share their impressions. I've also heard there is new achievements (in addition to the original ones), and would like confirmation on this from those who have played the game.
Old 10-23-2013, 01:58 AM   #2
Cyano Khaar

cyano khaar's Gamercard
I'm picking it up but not until I know how the Achievement and Trophy Lists work. If there's a new list for the 360, I'll pick it up, but I've heard reports that only the PS3 version has a new list. If so, I'll grab it for my PS3.

I've also heard that there are no new achievements or trophies for either platform...so the reports aren't exactly consistent.

Anyways, definitely excited to play through the game again! It was my favorite game of 2011 and that was a tough choice considering Dark Souls and Skyrim came out that same year.

EDIT: PS3 Trophy List is up. It's separate. Still no news on the 360 version but I'm not holding my breath at this point. : /

http://www.ps3trophies.org/game/deus...-cut/trophies/

Last edited by Cyano Khaar; 10-23-2013 at 02:21 AM.
Cyano Khaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 04:44 AM   #3
WarpedLord

WarpedLord's Gamercard
Just loaded it up... that'd be a "no" to new achievements. Shame, but I'm still excited to see how they revamped the bosses and stealth.
WarpedLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 04:57 AM   #4
Tysakasa

Tysakasa's Gamercard
Will probably trade in my original for this (not an achievement whore so couldn't care less if I have them all and I'm lacking it's DLC so), however I've heard that you can't do disc install with this game, wonder if it's just a bug or something else.
Tysakasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:24 AM   #5
Cyano Khaar

cyano khaar's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpedLord View Post
Just loaded it up... that'd be a "no" to new achievements. Shame, but I'm still excited to see how they revamped the bosses and stealth.
Damn, that's a shame. I guess I'll be grabbing the PS3 version then. Might as well get some trophies since I've already 1250'd the original 360 version.
Old 10-23-2013, 06:26 AM   #6
Cyano Khaar

cyano khaar's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tysakasa View Post
Will probably trade in my original for this (not an achievement whore so couldn't care less if I have them all and I'm lacking it's DLC so), however I've heard that you can't do disc install with this game, wonder if it's just a bug or something else.
Keep in mind that you are on a website called "Xbox Achievements" so expect to find a lot of us who LOVE them. XD

The install thing is odd though. Does the install option just not pop up on the dashboard? Or does it get an error when you hit install? Could you be more specific?
Old 10-23-2013, 08:24 AM   #7
BigNev44

BigNev44's Gamercard
Here's the lowdown:

- There's no separate achievements (Unfortunately)
- You can't install the game (There's no option to do so, only Play Now, Rate and Pin to Home)
- The graphics are cleaner and less yellow
- The different stealth and hacking ways to kill the bosses are awesome
- For some reason, Smartglass isn't working on it, still trying to find out why. (When i lock my iphone from Smartglass, it does pause the game)
- The bugs and glitches from the original release are still present and unpatched (Cloak and Dagger sidequest)
- The game is 2 disks but it looks like the full game is on the second disk (When you finish the Prologue, it tells you to switch to disk 2)

The Directors Cut is basically for people who didn't get the original release, if you 1250gs the game, you don't have to play this.
BigNev44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 10:08 AM   #8
Cyano Khaar

cyano khaar's Gamercard
^ Appreciate the info! Thanks man.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:29 PM   #9
Zenith Requiem

OmegaZero199's Gamercard
No achievements, No sale. I'll pick it up used when it drops to like $5. :C wanted more cheevos

Avid Achievement Hunter , Reliable Booster in all games i play.

Gamertag: OmegaZero199
Zenith Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 01:20 PM   #10
Merrick97

Just to be clear those are saying no achievements are yall saying that you can't get a separate 1250GS OR are you saying that there are no new achievements and its the same list as the previous game?
Merrick97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:31 PM   #11
BigNev44

BigNev44's Gamercard
Anytime Cyano, glad I can help!

@Merrick, the DC game shares the same achievement list as the original 2011 version, there's no new achievements, I'm in the middle of playing DC version cause I didn't finish the original.

Another thing to add is that the save game files from the original version are NOT compatible with the DC version.

The last time I have seen something like this was L.A Noire The Complete Collection, it jumped from 3 disks to 4, the DLCs were intregated into the full game and the save files from the original were not compatible, you had to play the game again from the beginning.
Old 10-23-2013, 02:45 PM   #12
Fiery Phoenix

Great stuff, Nev. Thanks!

So I guess the 'new' achievements thing was interpreted erroneously since the game doesn't actually have any new achievements beyond the original 1250G. On Steam and PSN, the DC has the same set of achievements as the original game but they are separate, which means you can play the DC and re-unlock all 59 achievements again if you want. On 360 this doesn't appear to be the case for some reason, as both games share a single achievements list.

Also, how the heck is it not possible to install the game? Not sure how they overlooked that. Games these days might as well require installation to run well.

Anyhow, thanks for all the answers everyone. I guess it's not really worth bothering, then, since I already have the original and everything. I MIGHT buy it on Steam for a much cheaper price ($5 if you have the original and all DLC), but we'll see.
Old 10-23-2013, 03:14 PM   #13
BigNev44

BigNev44's Gamercard
Not a problem Phoenix,

Yeah, they dropped the ball big time on this, they were guaranteed to make more money of this if it stacked from us Achievement Hunters and I still don't know how they screwed up the Smartglass feature and the game not installing, damn shame...
Old 10-23-2013, 07:35 PM   #14
Tysakasa

Tysakasa's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigNev44 View Post
Here's the lowdown:

- There's no separate achievements (Unfortunately)
- You can't install the game (There's no option to do so, only Play Now, Rate and Pin to Home)
- The graphics are cleaner and less yellow
- The different stealth and hacking ways to kill the bosses are awesome
- For some reason, Smartglass isn't working on it, still trying to find out why. (When i lock my iphone from Smartglass, it does pause the game)
- The bugs and glitches from the original release are still present and unpatched (Cloak and Dagger sidequest)
- The game is 2 disks but it looks like the full game is on the second disk (When you finish the Prologue, it tells you to switch to disk 2)

The Directors Cut is basically for people who didn't get the original release, if you 1250gs the game, you don't have to play this.
Strange that they seemed to have overlooked the option to install it. Maybe they'll release a patch to address it since they'll need to patch the Cloak and Dagger sidequest as you stated. But oh well, might be a little bit before I pick it up anyways, so not overly concerned at the moment. Strange though that the game makes you switch to disc two just after the prologue, you'd think that would take place a little bit later. What else did they put into the first one to fill the space?
Old 10-23-2013, 07:43 PM   #15
VESPER

VESPER 2079's Gamercard
I understand there is a new game+ mode. Does that mean that we can max out all praxis areas of skill now?

VESPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:09 PM   #16
Fiery Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by VESPER View Post
I understand there is a new game+ mode. Does that mean that we can max out all praxis areas of skill now?
Across multiple playthroughs, yup. This was actually one of the most requested features following the release of the original. Eidos said they added NG+ specifically because of fan feedback.

I think it's a pretty awesome addition for this kind of game. Should have been in the original.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:11 PM   #17
VESPER

VESPER 2079's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiery Phoenix View Post
Across multiple playthroughs, yup. This was actually one of the most requested features following the release of the original. Eidos said they added NG+ specifically because of fan feedback.

I think it's a pretty awesome addition for this kind of game. Should have been in the original.
Excellent. Thank you! I have 3 platinums on multiple PS3 accounts. Going to pick it up for the extra trophies and go threw it again. I love this game!

Old 10-23-2013, 09:24 PM   #18
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiery Phoenix View Post

Wow, I had no idea the Director's Cut would have a NG+ mode, this is pretty top. I've got to pick this up for sure, especially with the extended environments added to the boss fights. Now you can supposedly kill a boss without firing off a single bullet. I'll look forward to figuring out how. Human Revolution was one of the greatest games I've played this console generation, can't wait to see what Universe will be about.
Old 10-24-2013, 01:05 AM   #19
Tysakasa

Tysakasa's Gamercard
Quote:
The new game+ was basically the only reason I cared for this version when I heard about it, everything else is basically a bonus. This feature was something that really bothered me (well, that and how only the first battery will recharge, none of the others unless it isn't fully used up, but I have a feeling that was never addressed >.>) because we can't really do a fun session where we have everything maxed out (maybe on PC since I'm assuming they have programs out there to alter the game or have access to the console) and for games like this I always like doing a run through after I've beaten it where I can just dick around.
Old 10-24-2013, 04:18 AM   #20
Orange Man

Orng Man's Gamercard
Does it come with the DLC's?
Old 10-24-2013, 06:10 AM   #21
BigNev44

BigNev44's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tysakasa View Post
Strange that they seemed to have overlooked the option to install it. Maybe they'll release a patch to address it since they'll need to patch the Cloak and Dagger sidequest as you stated. But oh well, might be a little bit before I pick it up anyways, so not overly concerned at the moment. Strange though that the game makes you switch to disc two just after the prologue, you'd think that would take place a little bit later. What else did they put into the first one to fill the space?
I'm guessing the Making off Deus Ex took alot of the 1st disk space cause i was surprised that right after the prologue, they tell you to switch.

Hopefully they patch the C&D sidequest cause they didn't on the original release, it took me 3 hours to pass that quest until i found the invisible gang member floating over a building and i had to use a mod that makes the reticule while zooming in to automatically goes to a enemy that you point the gun with to kill him with, pain in the butt!

I think for the graphics, all they did was lower the game contrast cause the cutscenes can be very dark and looks low res. (Guess they really wanted to get rid of that all yellow effect)

@Orange Man, the DLC is integrated into the regular game so it flows on where its supposed to be, its not a separate download, you just keep playing the game and you'll be playing the DLC automatically. (Tongs mission and The Missing Link)
Old 10-25-2013, 09:32 AM   #22
PeaceSquid

PeaceSquid's Gamercard
So, if I was looking to max out the achievements and I hadn't played the first version of this, would this be the easier option for the 1000/1250?
Old 10-25-2013, 10:18 AM   #23
Fiery Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceSquid View Post
So, if I was looking to max out the achievements and I hadn't played the first version of this, would this be the easier option for the 1000/1250?
Technically neither version is 'easier' than the other considering they're literally the same game. That said, I *think* you might have an easier time with the DC as it has NG+, which the original version lacks. It could make things easier for you in terms of replaying on hard and not getting detected etc.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:22 AM   #24
Skorpion XBA
RIP Travis

Skorpion XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 3   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Green Thumb - Platinum   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner
Total Awards: 34 (more» ...)
I've been meaning to get the game. The thing is, I bought the DLC when it was on sale several months ago so it'd be no point in buying this version, right?
Old 10-25-2013, 11:39 AM   #25
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorpion x360a View Post
I've been meaning to get the game. The thing is, I bought the DLC when it was on sale several months ago so it'd be no point in buying this version, right?
I haven't picked it up yet, but I still consider the original Human Revolution to be one of the greatest games I've played on the 360. With developer commentary and a new game plus mode being highly prominent features in the Director's Cut, along with larger and more comprehensive stealth options in the boss battles, I'd say you should get the Director's Cut. I was thinking about picking it up later today, but I have no idea when I'd get around to playing it. Once I finish up with my backlog I can see myself playing this another two times just so I can have every augmentation and mess around in my second playthrough as I listen to dev commentary.
Old 10-25-2013, 02:34 PM   #26
Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi634's Gamercard
Does anyone know if the add-on DLC from the original is compatible? I had what I think was a preorder bonus, it was like a sniper rifle and maybe a couple of other bonus guns. Will the DLC be there if I start a new save in this version?
Old 10-25-2013, 05:57 PM   #27
Fiery Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuukishi View Post
Does anyone know if the add-on DLC from the original is compatible? I had what I think was a preorder bonus, it was like a sniper rifle and maybe a couple of other bonus guns. Will the DLC be there if I start a new save in this version?
According to Eidos Montreal themselves, all DLC has been integrated seamlessly in the Director's Cut. This basically means it doesn't matter whether you bought DLC for the original game or not, as this version already has everything.
Old 10-26-2013, 03:28 AM   #28
VESPER

VESPER 2079's Gamercard
If I start one game on easy, can I NG+ to a harder difficulty?

Old 10-27-2013, 07:31 AM   #29
Wicelow

Wicelow's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
OK then, no sale.

Got the game full price at launch, not paying 30 more for basically a "patch" if they did not even bother to add a new list of cheevos, fix the glitches and won't even let us install the game.

Shame on you Eidos...
Old 10-27-2013, 09:11 AM   #30
Eleriel

Eleriel's Gamercard
Quote:
If I start one game on easy, can I NG+ to a harder difficulty?
Yes. Once you have finished the game, the new game+ option, you get to choose difficulty again. The game then automagically takes your last finished game character and imports it into the new game.

Slight caveat: you only get to keep your qugments.
Credits and weapons aren't imported.
(This *might* be contingent on what choice of ending you picked... I blew the place up. Also I've only just finished the first mission.it might be my gear is hidden in a case somewhere for me to pick up.)

Speaking of which... After the missing link mission... Where do I pick up the gear I had before ? I want my fully upgraded weapons back!

Last edited by Eleriel; 10-27-2013 at 09:12 AM. Reason: Typo
Eleriel is offline   Reply With Quote