PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
 
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Subscribe    Donate
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Quick links
Latest news
Jun 08, 2016 The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim The Definitive Edition Surfaces in Retail Listing
Jun 07, 2016 Are Skyrim Remastered, Prey 2, Wolfenstein 2 and Evil Within 2 Headed to E3?
Jan 28, 2014 The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Sells More Than 20 Million Copies
Jan 09, 2014 The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Coming to Xbox One? [Update: No]
Nov 26, 2013 Black Friday Deals Hit Xbox Live With Fallout, Sleeping Dogs, Skyrim, Metro, Tomb Raider... [Updated]

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2013, 11:51 PM   #1
beer is gud
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 391

Gamertag: beer is gud
Game freezes when pressing the 'B' button

Whenever I press 'B' to bring up the menu during gameplay it freezes. Been like this for a couple of years but I am currently getting back into playing Skyrim but this is driving me mad. I've tried to delete the cache but this worked to no avail.

The only thing that works is pressing the Xbox guide button after pressing B and then pressing the guide button again, then there is no freeze. This is ok but gets very annoying after a while.

Any suggestions would be welcome.
beer is gud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:28 AM   #2
Scotty
Max Club's Super-Moderating Bard
 
Scotty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Shut up and Kiss me!!
Posts: 6,163

Gamertag: Scotty x360a

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Diamond   Staff - Community Team -  Super Moderator   Staff - Community Team - Maximum Club Team Lead   Staff - Community Team - Maximum Clubs Director   Staff Club - Scotty   Staff Club - Spiral 462   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Gold   Green Thumb - Gold   Community Challenge Competition - 200+ Points
Total Awards: 29 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by beer is gud View Post
Whenever I press 'B' to bring up the menu during gameplay it freezes. Been like this for a couple of years but I am currently getting back into playing Skyrim but this is driving me mad. I've tried to delete the cache but this worked to no avail.

The only thing that works is pressing the Xbox guide button after pressing B and then pressing the guide button again, then there is no freeze. This is ok but gets very annoying after a while.

Any suggestions would be welcome.
It's always done this with me, but it only lasts a few seconds. it's just slowing down as opposed to freezing. the next time it happens, just don't press anything and in ~10 seconds or so it will continue to your menu.
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 02:16 AM   #3
Cann0nSen5ei
 
Cann0nSen5ei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: AMERIKA!
Posts: 792

Gamertag: Cann0nSen5ei
It sounds like you have "save on character menu" on, I experienced similar lag spikes while opening it up until I turned that setting off.
__________________
"We humans love choices." - Mal, Borderlands 2
Cann0nSen5ei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 06:02 PM   #4
Slaughter.
Pumping Iron
 
Slaughter.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 7,904

Gamertag: Cpt Slaugh7er

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Slaughter.   Staff - Community Team - Graphics Team   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Adhere to the Creed - Tier 4   Submit - Silver   Cops N' Robbers - Tier 2   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Shinobi273   The Best of 2014 Challenge Club - Tier 2   Subscriber Clubs Baron   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Try clearing out your inventory at your house or something. It glitched and apparently I had 16593 Riften Jail keys, which was making my game lag a lot when I opened the menu. It was fixed after I got rid if all those keys though lol
__________________


Staff Club Breakdown
My Gallery
| XBA Blog
I put the laughter in slaughter.
Slaughter. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 05:37 PM   #5
cheficde
 
cheficde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Springfield, Ma
Posts: 22

Gamertag: cheficide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cann0nSen5ei View Post
It sounds like you have "save on character menu" on, I experienced similar lag spikes while opening it up until I turned that setting off.
The 'save on character menu' will autosave when you bring up the menu, you can set it for 5, 10, 15 minute variables or disable it altogether.
cheficde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 06:09 PM   #6
DustnWearsPrada
 
DustnWearsPrada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Pensacola, FL
Posts: 91

Gamertag: DustnWearsPrada
Happens to me too.
Only for a few seconds though.
DustnWearsPrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 07:25 AM   #7
Thai J
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Washington State
Posts: 1,222

Gamertag: Thai J

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt Slaughter View Post
Try clearing out your inventory at your house or something. It glitched and apparently I had 16593 Riften Jail keys, which was making my game lag a lot when I opened the menu. It was fixed after I got rid if all those keys though lol
Why the hell did you have that many keys? Lol
__________________
82.14% Completion PCT, Games 100% Complete: 113
100,000G on 04/01/2011
200,000G on 02/15/2015
Currently Playing: LEGO Star Wars The Force Awakens
Next Up: BioShock - The Collection

GT: Thai J
PSN: Thai1226
Thai J is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 03:11 AM.