PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V > GTA Online
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2014, 08:29 PM   #1
BiggD
On Hiatus
 
BiggD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 13,840

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Rockstar Delays GTA V Online Heists.

I know I shouldn't feel "entitled" that they "promised" us this content, because they didn't, and I'm sure they'll be overly optimistic people saying, "the longer the wait, the better it'll be," but seriously?

This is absolute horse shit.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/...-online-heists

Quote:
The highly anticipated online heists feature that Rockstar has been teasing for GTA Online has officially been delayed. Originally citing a spring release, Rockstar has now said the feature is taking more time to create than originally anticipated.

In a post on the Rockstar Newswire, the developer apologizes to fans for the holdup, saying, "We are very sorry for the delay, and are working hard to bring them to you as soon as we can. Please know that we are focused as always on making the best possible content for you to play and we are thankful to all of you for your patience, understanding and support."

The post unfortunately doesn't mention when we might see online heists, which are co-operative multiplayer missions, but it does say that more content updates, enhancements, and additions are coming to GTA Online in the future.

The GTA Online "I'm Not a Hipster" update is available now, adding fresh outfits, hairstyles, tattoos, masks, jobs, and custom weapons to the game.

Grand Theft Auto V is coming to PC, as well as Xbox One and PS4 later this year. For much more on Grand Theft Auto V, be sure to check out the extensive GTA V IGN wiki.
__________________

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly sauve signature!
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 08:41 PM   #2
Emperor 95
 
Emperor 95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Patrolling the Birmingham Wastes...
Posts: 1,498
Send a message via Skype™ to Emperor 95

Emperor 95's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Community Gaming - Silver   1,000 Posts   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Yeah, I read this earlier. I can't remember, but where there clips of the online heists in the trailers?
__________________
Not to be confused with Alabama...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Emperor - The King of Fallout facts!
Emperor 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 08:43 PM   #3
BiggD
On Hiatus
 
BiggD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 13,840

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor 95 View Post
Yeah, I read this earlier. I can't remember, but where there clips of the online heists in the trailers?
I'm pretty sure there were. I remember at least people getting excited because Heists were introduced as one the the Online's main things, so I don't know, maybe they were originally slated for release, or shown in the trailers, or not. But either way, by the time they come out, GTA V on Xbox One will be out, which is a massive joke.
__________________

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly sauve signature!
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 08:46 PM   #4
Emperor 95
 
Emperor 95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Patrolling the Birmingham Wastes...
Posts: 1,498
Send a message via Skype™ to Emperor 95

Emperor 95's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Community Gaming - Silver   1,000 Posts   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
I'm pretty sure there were. I remember at least people getting excited because Heists were introduced as one the the Online's main things, so I don't know, maybe they were originally slated for release, or shown in the trailers, or not. But either way, by the time they come out, GTA V on Xbox One will be out, which is a massive joke.
Yeah, ive just watched the Online trailer http://uk.ign.com/videos/2013/08/15/...reveal-trailer

Surely they are on some grounds for false advertising? I dont know...


I wont be getting it on the One, that's for sure.
__________________
Not to be confused with Alabama...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Emperor - The King of Fallout facts!
Emperor 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 08:48 PM   #5
BiggD
On Hiatus
 
BiggD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 13,840

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor 95 View Post
Yeah, ive just watched the Online trailer http://uk.ign.com/videos/2013/08/15/...reveal-trailer

I wont be getting it on the One, that's for sure.
Unbelievable.

I'm right there with you.
__________________

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly sauve signature!
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:00 PM   #6
Sm0keytrip0d
 
Sm0keytrip0d's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Hatfield, Hertfordshire, England
Posts: 329

Sm0keytrip0d's Gamercard
when/if I ever get a One I may not actually buy GTA5 again if heists don't come to 360 etc 1st as that would simply be a pisstake...however Ill likely borrow a friends copy or maybe rent it if they come out when the One edition is out just to see if they manage to fuck up heists after such a long wait...
__________________
Sm0keytrip0d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:03 PM   #7
HigginsM
 
HigginsM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 245

Freddy1 Krueger's Gamercard
The problem with Heists now is that when they do finally get released they are going to be such a big let down after all the hype and the long wait for them
__________________

Big thanks to Cpt Slaughter for my Avatar picture and Signature
HigginsM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:07 PM   #8
Viperspike
 
Viperspike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 145

Viperspike's Gamercard
Heists could have been released by now.


I suspect their plan months ago was to delay it for the release of Xbox One, PS4 and PC. In the meantime over the months that passed they have released news about Heists were on it's way to keep us playing GTA Online that way it doesn't die out and undermine the release of GTA 5 on the Xbox One, PS4 and PC.


I mean really they can release all these updates and not get Heists out. The updates are there to keep us busy until they decide to release Heists. If Heists was a priority they could f*#k the updates and just focus on the damn Heists.


When games are released they announce a release date. No release date for Heists, the closest we got was Spring and now they have told us that's not going to happen, but do not say it's definitely going to be on said month or Summer.


My other issue is the updates. They are getting weaker and weaker and expecting to keep us entertained. They are there to make us purchase shark cards and they are closing the ways we can make money to avoid buying shark cards.
Viperspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:09 PM   #9
sumkina spartin
 
sumkina spartin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2
This is lame.. the game needed more
sumkina spartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:10 PM   #10
jswartz0181
 
jswartz0181's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Iowa City IA
Posts: 1,099
Send a message via AIM to jswartz0181 Send a message via MSN to jswartz0181 Send a message via Yahoo to jswartz0181

JSwartz0181's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
It's a good thing the game is still plenty fun and that I've never really cared that much about heists. With my crew, I have no difficulty making at least $250k/night (without grinding (or really even playing) RR/Coveted), which is more than enough cash. And when it isn't, that's more than enough to get you to whatever amount you need in a week or so's time. But then, I guess patience is a virtue, and we do live in a world filled with Veruca Salts.
__________________
jswartz0181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:18 PM   #11
Dirty130
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Australia.
Posts: 4,270

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   XBA Representer   XBA Promoter   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
What's left to say really?

Nothing I haven't said before.

I coined the phrase "Fuck you, Rockstar. I hate you so much right now!" during my long stint on Max Payne 3's multiplayer. I think it applies here as well. The game was released 9 months ago, Online 8 months ago. Hackers have made bullshit heist missions in that time and uploaded them to You Tube for fuck's sake.

As for the One version: I'm hoping I can transfer my online save over and immediately unlock the rank 100 achievement. Given that, I might go for the 1000 again. On a flippin' pre-owned copy that is!

Edit: C'mon jswartz, 8 months is patient enough don't you think?
__________________
"Finally, it was going down. Down like four flat tyres, that is."
Xbox One Hard Resets This Week - 2

Last edited by Dirty130; 06-18-2014 at 09:20 PM.
Dirty130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:24 PM   #12
Viperspike
 
Viperspike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 145

Viperspike's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswartz0181 View Post
It's a good thing the game is still plenty fun and that I've never really cared that much about heists. With my crew, I have no difficulty making at least $250k/night (without grinding (or really even playing) RR/Coveted), which is more than enough cash. And when it isn't, that's more than enough to get you to whatever amount you need in a week or so's time. But then, I guess patience is a virtue, and we do live in a world filled with Veruca Salts.


With all due respects, Do you work for Rockstar?


Veruca Salts is harsh on us considering they have been promised on the games release and now 9 months later with still no release date apart from the it's on it's way line.


We can see the writings on the wall with Heists coming out on the Xbox One, maybe even before the Xbox 360.
Viperspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:30 PM   #13
BiggD
On Hiatus
 
BiggD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 13,840

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswartz0181 View Post
It's a good thing the game is still plenty fun.
You're overly optimistic and in the minority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickableLemons7 View Post
Have you guys tried to execute your own heists?

Let's Play - GTA V - Heist - YouTube
Sure, but controlled (developer-created) heists would have been much more appreciated by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HigginsM View Post
The problem with Heists now is that when they do finally get released they are going to be such a big let down after all the hype and the long wait for them
Agreed. By the time they come out…
  • People won't even care and have moved on
  • They'll probably suck compared to initial expectations
__________________

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly sauve signature!
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:43 PM   #14
Sm0keytrip0d
 
Sm0keytrip0d's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Hatfield, Hertfordshire, England
Posts: 329

Sm0keytrip0d's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Agreed. By the time they come out…
  • They'll probably suck compared to initial expectations
I cant remember who on Youtube but a few months ago they were talking about a team based heist where they were 2 teams like capture or some crap as someone somehow managed to find some snippets of code that implied it


now if that is what heists turn out to be that will be a bigger disappointment to me then Aliens colonial marines (and we all know how bad that was). since to me heists would be a 4-6 player co op mission of sorts that uses those JP points we gather in jobs then makes you plan and execute the heist with the help of Lester lol
__________________
Sm0keytrip0d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:51 PM   #15
Viperspike
 
Viperspike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 145

Viperspike's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sm0keytrip0d View Post
since to me heists would be a 4-6 player co op mission of sorts that uses those JP points we gather in jobs then makes you plan and execute the heist with the help of Lester lol


Lester texts me asking me to do a job for him. I accept and on the job I get some serious heat. Well then I think to myself, I will call Lester so that he can get ride of the heat for me. Only to find that he is not picking up his phone lol.
Viperspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:53 PM   #16
Sm0keytrip0d
 
Sm0keytrip0d's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Hatfield, Hertfordshire, England
Posts: 329

Sm0keytrip0d's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperspike View Post
Lester texts me asking me to do a job for him. I accept and on the job I get some serious heat. Well then I think to myself, I will call Lester so that he can get ride of the heat for me. Only to find that he is not picking up his phone lol.
maybe lester has us on his hated list and thinks "ah they are sure to die or be thrown in prison on this job muahahaha" then like 30 mins later hes like "dafuq you survived and bought me some random container/ truck!?"
__________________
Sm0keytrip0d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 10:54 PM   #17
Spade.
Telemiscommunications
 
Spade.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Alabama
Posts: 4,370
Send a message via Skype™ to Spade.

Jacob XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Subscriber - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Not giving me any reason to play your game, R*.
__________________
Spade. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 10:56 PM   #18
jswartz0181
 
jswartz0181's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Iowa City IA
Posts: 1,099
Send a message via AIM to jswartz0181 Send a message via MSN to jswartz0181 Send a message via Yahoo to jswartz0181

JSwartz0181's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty130 View Post
Edit: C'mon jswartz, 8 months is patient enough don't you think?
Clearly not. A year, maybe, but then that's into the territory of "next-gen release con scam." Games and add-ons get delayed all the time (especially with all that needed, and continues to need, fixing in GTAO). Delay after delay =/= conspiracy. Sure, a couple seconds of a heist were shown in the online trailer, but that doesn't mean they were ready for release then -- it just means that a single room and couple seconds of script were. Using that same "It was shown in the trailer, therefore it was ready" logic, the content creator should have been available on Day 1, as that was in there too!

Patience is enjoying and appreciating all that we have been given, and letting Rockstar have all the time they feel they need to give us (for free) the caliber of product they sought to put out there from the beginning, regardless of how long it takes them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
You're overly optimistic and in the minority.
Being in the minority doesn't make me wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperspike View Post
Lester texts me asking me to do a job for him. I accept and on the job I get some serious heat. Well then I think to myself, I will call Lester so that he can get ride of the heat for me. Only to find that he is not picking up his phone lol.
Well, duh! If you hired someone to commit a crime on your behalf, would you then turn around and tie yourself directly to the person committing said crime, as it's happening? Lester hires you to break into Ft. Zancudo to steal a cargobob, steal something from Merryweather, then wires you a large sum of money upon delivery to one of his properties. For him to call the cops and bribe them to ignore your actions would be more than enough to lock him up for a very long time (there is absolutely no reasonable doubt in there to be found). Meanwhile, Martin has you killing an entire jury (including some under police protection) in a case that can easily be tied to him, then wires you a large sum of money after they're all dead. Lester has absolutely no affiliation to the crime itself (only to you), with no motive, thus the bribe isn't going to raise any real suspicions.
__________________
jswartz0181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 11:15 PM   #19
DEG23
Wanderlusting
 
DEG23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Sydney
Posts: 4,452

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswartz0181 View Post
It's a good thing the game is still plenty fun and that I've never really cared that much about heists. With my crew, I have no difficulty making at least $250k/night (without grinding (or really even playing) RR/Coveted), which is more than enough cash.
How are you making $250K a night and how long does it take you? I'm genuinely curious as this was the main reason my friends and I stopped playing. We found that the amount of money we lost from 'having fun' was taking far too long to make back without restoring to mindless grinding. Spending $5000 to refill your grenade launcher only to make $2500 from a mission was sucking the fun out of the online.

I've said this before but it was generous of R* to support the game with all the free updates and content but I can't help but feel R* isn't the same great company they few just a few years earlier. Given that the trailer I watched back in October 13 showed heists as coming soon, and here we are in June 14 still waiting, it is slightly frustrating but combine that with all the nerfs and contradictive statements from R* regarding what they "don't have a problem with people doing," I've never seen a game go from being an absolute joy to play to completely devoid of all fun and irritating before. All I know is I'm going to be a little more cautious next time I buy a R* title.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
I've heard Deus Ex is a sexy good game. Do it! DEG's club is awesome, as is the man himself.
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 11:18 PM   #20
BiggD
On Hiatus
 
BiggD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 13,840

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswartz0181 View Post
Being in the minority doesn't make me wrong.
I never said you were wrong.

I hate when people jump to assumptions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG23 View Post
How are you making $250K a night and how long does it take you? I'm genuinely curious as this was the main reason my friends and I stopped playing. We found that the amount of money we lost from 'having fun' was taking far too long to make back without restoring to mindless grinding. Spending $5000 to refill your grenade launcher only to make $2500 from a mission was sucking the fun out of the online.

I've said this before but it was generous of R* to support the game with all the free updates and content but I can't help but feel R* isn't the same great company they few just a few years earlier. Given that the trailer I watched back in October 13 showed heists as coming soon, and here we are in June 14 still waiting, it is slightly frustrating but combine that with all the nerfs and contradictive statements from R* regarding what they "don't have a problem with people doing," I've never seen a game go from being an absolute joy to play to completely devoid of all fun and irritating before. All I know is I'm going to be a little more cautious next time I buy a R* title.
Well said, dude. Sure, they never promised their consumers specific content, but they as the developers themselves made the Online seem bigger than it ever turned out to be.
__________________

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly sauve signature!
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 03:01 AM   #21
jswartz0181
 
jswartz0181's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Iowa City IA
Posts: 1,099
Send a message via AIM to jswartz0181 Send a message via MSN to jswartz0181 Send a message via Yahoo to jswartz0181

JSwartz0181's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG23 View Post
How are you making $250K a night and how long does it take you? I'm genuinely curious as this was the main reason my friends and I stopped playing. We found that the amount of money we lost from 'having fun' was taking far too long to make back without restoring to mindless grinding. Spending $5000 to refill your grenade launcher only to make $2500 from a mission was sucking the fun out of the online.
Simply stringing missions together on hard (and being open to the lower paying ones if that's what comes up in the voting screen), solo it's easy to get $35-50k between car sell times (and alternating mission and parachute jump/race for free armor) -- $60-75k when playing with someone else who also knows what they're doing. I also seldom spend more than $1,500 in ammo in any given mission. Then you get $5-9k every 50-60 minutes selling a car.

The key to fun for me and the crew members that I play with is simply variety. If all you do is RR/Coveted, of course the game is going to get boring. Since High Life (and it's "increase in difficulty"), I'd guess I've done RR maybe six or eight times, and that's it (and that's only when it comes up in voting screens), and Coveted, since maybe December, only once yesterday (thinking someone was inviting me via Xbox to GTA Today, after my one thread request).
__________________
jswartz0181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 04:51 AM   #22
DEG23
Wanderlusting
 
DEG23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Sydney
Posts: 4,452

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Well said, dude. Sure, they never promised their consumers specific content, but they as the developers themselves made the Online seem bigger than it ever turned out to be.
Aside from heists, they have delivered on what they promised even if it did take 6+ months but it's more what they've taken away that annoys me the most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswartz0181 View Post
Simply stringing missions together on hard (and being open to the lower paying ones if that's what comes up in the voting screen), solo it's easy to get $35-50k between car sell times (and alternating mission and parachute jump/race for free armor) -- $60-75k when playing with someone else who also knows what they're doing. I also seldom spend more than $1,500 in ammo in any given mission. Then you get $5-9k every 50-60 minutes selling a car.

The key to fun for me and the crew members that I play with is simply variety. If all you do is RR/Coveted, of course the game is going to get boring. Since High Life (and it's "increase in difficulty"), I'd guess I've done RR maybe six or eight times, and that's it (and that's only when it comes up in voting screens), and Coveted, since maybe December, only once yesterday (thinking someone was inviting me via Xbox to GTA Today, after my one thread request).
I have to admit, I forgot about selling cars every hour. My friends and I used to just select jobs/missions at random in the post-lobby. We only ever played races or missions because the death matches and team games got too boring but ever since they nerfed the mission rewards it just seemed like the game economy became unbalanced.

I think the problem is the way we played was very wasteful. I remember one mission where we each went in with grenade launchers for fun and walked away with $750 each, yet still had to pay $5000 to refill the ammo. Same goes for just messing around in free roam. The last time we got together we played tank chicken with two randoms in a tank and each lost upwards of $65,000 in insurance costs. One friend lost over $100k that night. I know it's our own fault for doing that but knowing R* went crazy nerfing rewards and other things like being able to replay missions it soured our taste of the online experience.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
I've heard Deus Ex is a sexy good game. Do it! DEG's club is awesome, as is the man himself.
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 09:12 AM   #23
Chaz Of Sparta
 
Chaz Of Sparta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Birmingham, UK
Posts: 613

Chaz Of Sparta's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
To be honest I wasn't really surprised, I never cared that much for the online anyway until I just stated playing it few days ago (and it's terrible...). However, having to wait 8 months that should've been in the game from the start (or shortly after release) is ridiculous.

It's a shame too, as heists would've sounded like the number 1 way to make money in this game, as Rockstar have apparently cut payouts/RP so much that I'll probably never get anywhere close to rank 100.
Chaz Of Sparta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 09:55 AM   #24
Rusty Knight 07
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 166

Rusty Knight 07's Gamercard
Its not the first time a game developer promised a free add-on that was going to be "fantastic" and turned out to be a big let down.

How many remember the Criterion podcasts about Burnout Paradise's "Island" and how fantastic it was going to be?

What did we get? An island that was nowhere near as big as expected and 10 lousy challenges! All in all, new content that could be completed in a couple of hours.
Rusty Knight 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 11:16 AM   #25
Doktor Wilhelm
 
Doktor Wilhelm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: North East, England, United Kingdom, Europe, Earth, Sol System.
Posts: 1,496

Doktor Wilhelm's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Just feels like were Beta testing GTA:Online for the next Gen version...
__________________


"Video games don't affect kids. If Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Marcus Brigstocke
Doktor Wilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 11:53 AM   #26
BiggD
On Hiatus
 
BiggD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 13,840

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
The people defending this "apology" on the Home Page's article this morning is, for lack of a better word, pathetic. How can you support an unfinished product or a company that continuously delays their advertised content?
__________________

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly sauve signature!
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 12:30 PM   #27
Sm0keytrip0d
 
Sm0keytrip0d's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Hatfield, Hertfordshire, England
Posts: 329

Sm0keytrip0d's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
The people defending this "apology" on the Home Page's article this morning is, for lack of a better word, pathetic. How can you support an unfinished product or a company that continuously delays their advertised content?
those are likely the same people who call those of us who want heists already whinners because they were supposed to be part of the game 8 months ago :3
__________________
Sm0keytrip0d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 02:10 PM   #28
Viperspike
 
Viperspike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 145

Viperspike's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswartz0181 View Post
Well, duh! If you hired someone to commit a crime on your behalf, would you then turn around and tie yourself directly to the person committing said crime, as it's happening? Lester hires you to break into Ft. Zancudo to steal a cargobob, steal something from Merryweather, then wires you a large sum of money upon delivery to one of his properties. For him to call the cops and bribe them to ignore your actions would be more than enough to lock him up for a very long time (there is absolutely no reasonable doubt in there to be found). Meanwhile, Martin has you killing an entire jury (including some under police protection) in a case that can easily be tied to him, then wires you a large sum of money after they're all dead. Lester has absolutely no affiliation to the crime itself (only to you), with no motive, thus the bribe isn't going to raise any real suspicions.

Lester is a character that has a high anonymity therefore it is unlikely that when he does bribe the cops to turn a blind eye, the cops won't even know who or where the bribe is coming from. Lester is suspicious of almost everyone, he would keep his distance when dealing with dirty cops. Just my 2 cents.


As for giving R* as much time as they need, really? you want us to say to them take as long as you want? How about another year or two when the game becomes obsolete.


There is a lot about this game that I enjoyed, but it is also natural to be critical of the shortcomings. And Heist's release is more than a shortcoming. If the release of Heists was a priority for R* then why o why are they continuing to release updates that include cars, clothes, masks, etc when they could focus on the damn Heists.


By showing our collective disappointment with R* they have to opportunity to take action before they lose loyal fans. Or should we say nothing and leave this game on the shelf.
Viperspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 07:17 PM   #29
CoreOfBrutality
 
CoreOfBrutality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Washington State
Posts: 192
Send a message via AIM to CoreOfBrutality

CoreOfBrutality's Gamercard
I actually am not that bothered or annoyed with heists not coming out, really could care less, seeing as how i bet they will have shitty payouts and even if not maybe really time consuming. Its funny im still playing this game to enjoy free roam/races/missions but still see people on here daily complaining about how bad gta is and how much not having heists makes them cry. Id think if i was complaining about a game so much, maybe id just stop playing it? or stop playing it until heists are out? Or possibly do one of the other tons of things there is to do? My prediction: Heists will release, people will play them, people will cry about them not being good enough or paying out enough. And this will happen for months just like all the people crying about heists not being out. With all the game has to offer, kinda sad your all just leaning it on something that will probably turn out to be shitty anyways. Dont like GTA or delays, do us all a favor and stop making bitching threads, and just stop playing the game
__________________
Just a casual gamer with a love for metal & core music. check out my other hobby, Visit my site: http://thecoreofbrutality.blogspot.com
CoreOfBrutality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 07:21 PM   #30
CoreOfBrutality
 
CoreOfBrutality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Washington State
Posts: 192
Send a message via AIM to CoreOfBrutality

CoreOfBrutality's Gamercard
o and with that being said the only bitch i can make is the payouts are ridiculously low, so ridiculously low that, i am lazy and dont feel like playing hours of missions just to free roam for a hour. Seems they have suckered me into shark cards, but doesnt really bother me much. Most likely getting the ps4 version since have some friends on that system that getting it. To really enjoy this game, you either have to grind countless hours or divvy up 22 dollars for shark card that will last awhile.
__________________
Just a casual gamer with a love for metal & core music. check out my other hobby, Visit my site: http://thecoreofbrutality.blogspot.com
CoreOfBrutality is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 02:31 PM.