Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Xbox One
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-17-2013, 04:34 PM   #1
SubG3nius

SubG3nius's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Import Xbox One from outside to Sweden?

So I live in Sweden and we won't be seeing the Xbox One before some time next year. So I was wondering, since the console is region free, is it possible that I import it from, let say U.K, on release and they'll ship it to Sweden.

I have not followed the latest news about this, but heard something like that, that it should work. So my question is, does it in fact work? Anyone on here that have done this? I don't want to wait till next year for the X1.

Anything negative about importing?
Old 11-17-2013, 04:35 PM   #2
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
As far as I know this would work, seen plenty of people in your part of the world pre ordering elsewhere so they don't have to wait.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 04:36 PM   #3
Lavindathar

Send a message via Skype™ to Lavindathar

Lavindathar's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Gold   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Apprentice   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - troy0891   Free Agents - Third Place   Over Achiever - Gold   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Cilisien   GRID 2 Award   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 30 (more» ...)
It would work perfectly. You'd just have to use Amazon from a supported country, and pay increased delivery charges
Last Achievement : Grand Master Librarian - The Wolf Among Us (Xbox One) - 60g
Last 100% Completion : The Wolf Among Us (1000g) (Xbox One)

Thanks to Rajeanero for the avatar and Audilicious for the sig.
Lavindathar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 04:38 PM   #4
Blakey

DisturbedSwan's Gamercard
It'd work fine.

You'd just have to get a UK to EU plug converter to run the console.

Another idea would be to get on a plane, come here and pick up a console then bring it back to Sweden yourself…flights are pretty cheap these days so I would've thought this was a viable option.

Goal: 100,000 by the end of 2014

Twitter: @TBlake7

Completed
King Kong 1000/1000
Lost:Via Domus 1000/1000
Fight Knight Round 3 1000/1000
Call of Duty:World At War (Original) 1000/1000
Fallout 3 1550/1550
Saw:The Game 1000/1000
Blakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 04:44 PM   #5
crimzontearz

dropzofcrimzon's Gamercard

Remember to buy an adapter
crimzontearz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 05:26 PM   #6
PRODrift X360

Sicqrius's Gamercard
Be warned!

Since I live in The Netherlands I'll have to wait until early next year as well. It also crossed my mind to just get an Xbox One in Germany. However, a friend of mine and I contacted MS support and they said it would be better to just wait. The Xbox One is region free and games you buy ON DISC are region free, but Xbox LIVE and DLC is not. There is a possibility that whenever you buy DLC from within Sweden, for a game you bought in the UK, it won't work. Also Xbox LIVE probably won't be available until early next year either.

This is what the guy told us ..
PRODrift X360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 05:41 PM   #7
crimzontearz

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRODrift X360 View Post
Since I live in The Netherlands I'll have to wait until early next year as well. It also crossed my mind to just get an Xbox One in Germany. However, a friend of mine and I contacted MS support and they said it would be better to just wait. The Xbox One is region free and games you buy ON DISC are region free, but Xbox LIVE and DLC is not. There is a possibility that whenever you buy DLC from within Sweden, for a game you bought in the UK, it won't work. Also Xbox LIVE probably won't be available until early next year either.

This is what the guy told us ..
might call Xbox support about it

I need to know this as I am moving to Italy in the spring

Last edited by crimzontearz; 11-17-2013 at 05:49 PM.
Old 11-17-2013, 05:47 PM   #8
Lavindathar

Send a message via Skype™ to Lavindathar

Lavindathar's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Gold   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Apprentice   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - troy0891   Free Agents - Third Place   Over Achiever - Gold   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Cilisien   GRID 2 Award   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 30 (more» ...)
Thats a very good point about XBL and the DLC things.

I would of thought all DLC will be region free as well, and GoD, but would you be able to connect to XBL? Not something I considered.
Last Achievement : Grand Master Librarian - The Wolf Among Us (Xbox One) - 60g
Last 100% Completion : The Wolf Among Us (1000g) (Xbox One)

Thanks to Rajeanero for the avatar and Audilicious for the sig.
Lavindathar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 06:02 PM   #9
crimzontearz

Of course once you buy games digitally you should be all set...
Old 11-17-2013, 06:09 PM   #10
Xerofox
were given today

Xerofox's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Artist of the Month   Staff Club - Xerofox   SOTF Winner   Staff - Graphics Team   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
I preordered my console from Germany (so I won't need a converter) and will get my games from the UK. As far as I know there won't be any problems playing your games after downloading the day one update, what happens after that is still unknown.

There might be a chance to set your region to the UK/Germany or whatever to get the marketplace of that country so you can download and play DLC. Marketplace will be available in your country but not with a lot of content, they can't just turn on and off servers for specific countries in Europe.

You could also wait until you'll learn the experiences of people who ordered it from a neighboring country.

I'll be using my xbox one until 3 weeks before the release in the Netherlands and then sell it for the same price (or even more).

Ups:
You'll be playing on the One
You don't have to wait until whatever month in 2014 (my guess would be March)
Region free, so no problems with games

Downs:
Still unknown how the DLC/Marketplace would work

ps. Don't listen to the xbox support, they know as much as we do. I think evantually you be able to play any DLC for any game bought in any country. I never heard people complain about the region free games on the 360 and their DLC.
Old 11-17-2013, 06:21 PM   #11
crimzontearz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerofox View Post
I preordered my console from Germany (so I won't need a converter) and will get my games from the UK. As far as I know there won't be any problems playing your games after downloading the day one update, what happens after that is still unknown.

There might be a chance to set your region to the UK/Germany or whatever to get the marketplace of that country so you can download and play DLC. Marketplace will be available in your country but not with a lot of content, they can't just turn on and off servers for specific countries in Europe.

You could also wait until you'll learn the experiences of people who ordered it from a neighboring country.

I'll be using my xbox one until 3 weeks before the release in the Netherlands and then sell it for the same price (or even more).

Ups:
You don't have to wait until whatever month in 2014 (my guess would be March)
Region free, so no problems with games

Downs:
Still unknown how the DLC/Marketplace would work

ps. Don't listen to the xbox support, they know as much as we do. I think evantually you be able to play any DLC for any game bought in any country. I never heard people complain about the region free games on the 360 and their DLC.
so wait if I connect from Italy with my American Xbox and my American live account WHAT marketplace will I get access to??
Old 11-17-2013, 06:29 PM   #12
Xerofox
were given today

Xerofox's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Artist of the Month   Staff Club - Xerofox   SOTF Winner   Staff - Graphics Team   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by crimzontearz View Post
so wait if I connect from Italy with my American Xbox and my American live account WHAT marketplace will I get access to??
On the 360 just the American Marketplace, I don't know how it works on the xbox one since it's the first Microsoft system to be completely region free. I eventually think the marketplace will be region free somewhere down the line and only the apps and specific DLC will be region locked.
Old 11-17-2013, 06:32 PM   #13
crimzontearz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerofox View Post
On the 360 just the American Marketplace, I don't know how it works on the xbox one since it's the first Microsoft system to be completely region free. I eventually think the marketplace will be region free somewhere down the line and only the apps and specific DLC will be region locked.
American Market Place?

sold
Old 11-17-2013, 09:02 PM   #14
The Duke of Darkness

The Allslayer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
As far as I know this would work, seen plenty of people in your part of the world pre ordering elsewhere so they don't have to wait.
Well they'll be dissapointed then because it wont work. You can only connect to xbox live in the launch countries.
The Duke of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:13 PM   #15
A Medium Bear

Like Gazelle's Gamercard
I just want to put this out there.

I'm an avid Rock Band fan and when they released the Rock Band Network I was unable to download the songs in Australia. I then made a secondary US account and bought the songs via the US marketplace. I've also bought several DLC pieces for games on it as well.

Needless to say, they all work fine, no matter what version of the disc you're using.

On PSN however, if you buy content in one region (on Rock Band for example), it will only work on the same region discs. Might not be all games, but it's definitely on that game.

A Medium Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 07:55 AM   #16
Niqq

Niqq's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke of Darkness View Post
Well they'll be dissapointed then because it wont work. You can only connect to xbox live in the launch countries.
Not true from what I've heard. Marketplace will not work if you have for example Sweden on your account. I have not heard that Live will not work. Why would they close Live for the rest of the world except launch countries?

I am myself importing my One from UK so I really really hope that you are wrong!

Edit: Oh and by the way, from what I have seen you can use the old powercord from 360 on the new power brick. So no need for an adapter.

Last edited by Niqq; 11-18-2013 at 07:57 AM. Reason: Adding content
Niqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 08:30 AM   #17
kekke

kekker00si's Gamercard
Quote:
Sorry but you're wrong in this case.

I'm from Finland and I did order my Xbone from France. Xbox spokesman in Finland has verified that you can use xbox in countries which are outside of those first few. You don't have localized xbox with your own language and services/apps etc. but you can play and just chance to your own country when One is realeased in your country. So console itself isn't localized to any specific country. Localisation is on software side, not hardware. So all in alla, just order your One from where ever you like, nothing to worry.

Last edited by kekke; 11-18-2013 at 08:49 AM.
kekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 01:53 PM   #18
The Duke of Darkness

The Allslayer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niqq View Post
Not true from what I've heard. Marketplace will not work if you have for example Sweden on your account. I have not heard that Live will not work. Why would they close Live for the rest of the world except launch countries?

I am myself importing my One from UK so I really really hope that you are wrong!

Edit: Oh and by the way, from what I have seen you can use the old powercord from 360 on the new power brick. So no need for an adapter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kekke View Post
Sorry but you're wrong in this case.

I'm from Finland and I did order my Xbone from France. Xbox spokesman in Finland has verified that you can use xbox in countries which are outside of those first few. You don't have localized xbox with your own language and services/apps etc. but you can play and just chance to your own country when One is realeased in your country. So console itself isn't localized to any specific country. Localisation is on software side, not hardware. So all in alla, just order your One from where ever you like, nothing to worry.
http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/p...one/disclaimer

Says right there Xbox One-Supported Xbox Live Countries are the 13 launch countries only. No Xbox Live no update.
The Duke of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 02:28 PM   #19
Niqq

Niqq's Gamercard
Quote:

Says right there Xbox One-Supported Xbox Live Countries are the 13 launch countries only. No Xbox Live no update.
Yeah, but we will use Live with UK locale for example. It will not IP-Lock you just cause you're from SWE or FI.
Niqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 04:33 PM   #20
Darth VeX

Darth VeX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:

Yeah, this is how I understood it ...

In order to get the Day One update, you have to be IN one of the 13 launch countries to download it.

---

In less than four days, we'll find out for sure.

Darth VeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 05:05 PM   #21
Xerofox
were given today

Xerofox's Gamercard

Quote:

That's just corporate bullshit, it would be stupid to disclaim that xbox live will be available in every country and not release the xbox one because of "language" problems. Why would xbox live will be any different than the xbox live we have now? You could always create an American account, download the update and use your original account to play games on your "unlocked" console. It's not that I am getting the Dutch marketplace on the 360 if I sign into my Canadian account.

Last edited by Xerofox; 11-18-2013 at 05:07 PM.
Xerofox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 05:32 PM   #22
kekke

kekker00si's Gamercard
Quote:

To be fair, it doesn't really say that Live doesn't work in other countries, to me it seems more that those countries listed have their "own" Live (like it is now, Live is bit different in different countries due localization), and other countries have theirs when concoles come out in those countries. I do however agree that it's weirdly put out there and can cause confusion in either way.

Some proof that Live does works anywhere:
First quote from finnish spokesperson for Xbox from finnish gaming forum:
[quote]
-Xbox One console and games purchased from abroad work in Finland
- Xbox One purchased from abroad gets updates from Xbox Live (if the internet connection is available)
- Xbox Live works on Xbox Ones which are purchased from abroad[\QUOTE]

Quote:
Microsoft's Albert Penello, who leads planning for Xbox One: "The console will work everywhere (keeping in mind power supplies)."
"You can use one of the 13 digital marketplaces corresponding to our launch markets, assuming you have a valid payment instrument for those countries. Lots of people in Europe specifically travel, move, and visit family."
http://http://www.gamesindustry.biz/...ones-will-work

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/16...-game-releases
Old 11-19-2013, 08:30 AM   #23
mokkeyrg2

Send a message via Skype™ to mokkeyrg2

KoR Mokkey Rg2's Gamercard
import it , it will work
mokkeyrg2 is offline   Reply With Quote