PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > State of Decay > Breakdown
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-03-2014, 08:09 PM   #1
UberPirateNinja

UberPirateNinja's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Challenge help

Hi. Hoping someone that has 100%'d Breakdown could give me a pointer or 2 for one of the challenges I'm struggling with 'The Sniper', get 25 headshot streaks. It seems really random when the counter goes up, sometimes I swear I've bagged 5 headshots (using the bullet time-y skill to slow down time) and not been awarded a streak, while other times I can just fire randomly into a hoard with an assault rifle and get the streak.

This is the last challenge I need (apart from moving up to Breakdown level 6 which I'm all set to do, just need to complete this damn Sniper challenge first).

Any help/tips would be very much appreciated!

Cheers
UberPirateNinja is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 10:30 PM   #2
richardwarnercool1

I just leveled a survivor's cardio and shooting to max, gave them the Focus Aim ability and armed them with a pistol (more accurate usually, especially the one with a scope) and drove around annoying hordes. When they started charging, just Focus Aim and line up the head shots.
richardwarnercool1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 06:47 AM   #3
UberPirateNinja

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Which pistol has a scope? Don't think I've come across that one yet.
Old 05-05-2014, 09:42 AM   #4
Emperor 95

Send a message via Skype™ to Emperor 95

Emperor 95's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Community Gaming - Silver   1,000 Posts   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
The 5 head shots all have to be in quick succession on a group of enemies.

Im now ready to move onto Level 4, and have all challenges done bar killing a dying member, and all building upgrades and research. I have decided to save the latter 2 when when I start again from level 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Emperor - The King of Fallout facts!
Emperor 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 02:17 PM   #5
Link Fox

Link fox's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by UberPirateNinja View Post
Which pistol has a scope? Don't think I've come across that one yet.
I have it in the main story but in the DLC still but try to search in the army base or area it's open from the start of the breakdown Lv1 there are lots of ammo and guns may be you have a chance that pistol will appear in one of the BD level
Link Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 06:56 PM   #6
UberPirateNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Link Fox View Post
I have it in the main story but in the DLC still but try to search in the army base or area it's open from the start of the breakdown Lv1 there are lots of ammo and guns may be you have a chance that pistol will appear in one of the BD level
I'll take a look around there. I'm up to level 6 now, can't seem to catch a break with the streaks, not got a single one. I did manage to get a couple on level 5, so thought it'd be easy enough once I moved up, but I'm just wasting ammo now, can't seem to get any. Several times I've seen a bullet fly straight thru a zombies head, and them not die. Mildly irritating to say the least as I'm slowly but surely running out of ammo.
Old 05-06-2014, 05:08 PM   #7
Link Fox

Link fox's Gamercard
Well try to finish all the challenges that you can right now then try to go for a new game and it will be easy to focus on one challenge and with less difficulty rather than BreakDown Lv6 and gather what you need from ammo or guns
Old 05-06-2014, 05:26 PM   #8
UberPirateNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Link Fox View Post
Well try to finish all the challenges that you can right now then try to go for a new game and it will be easy to focus on one challenge and with less difficulty rather than BreakDown Lv6 and gather what you need from ammo or guns
I thought about restarting, but seems kinda pointless. I only need the sniper challenge, which must be done at level 5. My base is well set up, I've got plenty of ammo & supplies and several of my survivors have near max stats now (had most of them since BD level 1).

I've changed tactics now, using a revolver and I've managed to get a few streaks. I've only just discovered you can change fire modes with the automatic weapons which should help too. Finding the slow-mo perk near useless, when using a revolver or sniper rifle there is a huge gap between shots, I'm lucky to get 2 shots before my stamina runs out.

Last edited by UberPirateNinja; 05-06-2014 at 05:30 PM.
Old 05-07-2014, 11:02 AM   #9
Link Fox

Link fox's Gamercard
Then I hope you will get it soon enough good luck
Old 05-09-2014, 07:31 AM   #10
Link Fox

Link fox's Gamercard
Smile

Guys for the sniper challenge I try lots of pistol and they work fine what you need to let it easy for you is snack and the slow time and go for a horde of zombies then no need to hold down the slow motion to long you need to shoot one head then release the + and move a little bit back then go for it again and the snack will help to recover the stamina fast when you move back so good luck on that challenge.

Edit: if you want to know that 5 head shoot count or not it will show in the up right corner:
BONCE XP(HEADSHOT STRAK)
Also, in the slow motion you can pop up two head and run back for a better distant cause sometime while your in slow motion when you exploded a head the blood will cover the zombies head behind or right near to him so I will release it and go for it again XD.

Last edited by Link Fox; 05-09-2014 at 02:13 PM.