PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-17-2013, 06:26 PM   #1
Awesomepants

Awesomepants's Gamercard
So…Is All's Fare In Love & War Glitched or Not?

I've looked through the other forums and sites and still can't find a definitive answer. It looks like some people got the phone call almost immediately, others after a while, and some never did. Is it glitched, or is there a pattern or what?

I've tried the following:

Bought it and sat around for an hour as Franklin and waited.

Changed to Michael and got the Kifflom achievement, then changed back to Franklin

Changed to Trever and got the TP Industries achievement, then changed back to Franklin.

I've done 5 normal fares as Franklin.

There is some speculation that after doing the Big Score, some of these issues get screwy, so currently, I am playing from a save point before the big score and am waiting.

Still nothing. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.
Awesomepants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 06:35 PM   #2
veece16

Chilled Eclipse's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
It's definitely not glitched. I got a phone call randomly while doing the collectibles so there's not a definite answer to when you'll get the call. Just make sure the Cab Co. is purchased and you're playing as Franklin.
veece16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 06:43 PM   #3
Puppys

Send a message via Skype™ to Puppys

x1001x Puppys's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Platinum   XBA Master Chief Collection Club - Tier 1   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 2   Staff Club - KillerBEA   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Donator - Level 2   GRID 2 Award
Total Awards: 40 (more» ...)
Not glitched.
Puppys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 08:22 PM   #4
Dirty130

DirtyI30's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Community Gaming - Gold   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   5,000 Posts   Tri-Gamer Tournament - Champion   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Had no problems unlocking it.
Losty only has eyes for Mark.
Dirty130 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 08:29 PM   #5
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   Staff Club - rekikire   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Artist of the Month   Community Gaming - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Don't just sit around and wait, and sleeping doesn't help.

Try getting a lap dance or seeing a movie and see if you get the call afterward.

People generally ignore this advice (I don't know why) but I've been able to get phone calls people said were glitched by doing this. So it's worth a shot, right?

Jack Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 04:46 AM   #6
Awesomepants

Awesomepants's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Frost View Post
Don't just sit around and wait, and sleeping doesn't help.

Try getting a lap dance or seeing a movie and see if you get the call afterward.

People generally ignore this advice (I don't know why) but I've been able to get phone calls people said were glitched by doing this. So it's worth a shot, right?
I dunno man. I've watched 2 movies, gotten 2 lap dances, switched to Trevor and founds some radioactive material, switched to Michael and found some submarine parts, switched back to Franklin and did 3 knife flights, drove out of the city to go play darts, now I've been hanging out in a cab for a half hour while surfing the internet. I even double checked my phone to make sure I haven't accidentally switched it to sleep mode.

Most people are saying it's not glitches, so it must have something to do with me or my system. But this is frustrating.
Old 12-18-2013, 07:49 PM   #7
intheshallow

Send a message via AIM to intheshallow

intheshallow's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
It may take a while for it to kick in. I say if you haven't already, go collecting everything. That will take quite some time playing as Franklin. By then, you should get a call. I was given one quest when collecting already and I've barely scratched the surface.

Currently Working On
:
Solitaire Collection (Win 8) & Solitaire Collection (Win 10)

On The Back Burner:

Batman: Arkham Knight & Rayman 3: HD
intheshallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 11:31 PM   #8
Awesomepants

Awesomepants's Gamercard
Yep. Finally got it. After my last rant, I bought 4 other properties, let the game run for a couple hours while I read a book, did all the knife flights, re-did all the under the bridges except for, apparently, one of them. Still can't figure out which one those I haven't done. Finally it came up.

Thanks for the support, folks!
Old 12-22-2013, 06:59 PM   #9
Armakuni

Send a message via ICQ to Armakuni

Armakuni K's Gamercard
The posters here don't know what they are talking about. Sorry for being sour, but I'm so sad that Rockstar f-d up this game for a bunch of people and keep putting out updates for the online mode instead of fixing single player.

I got one property call early on, missed it and then played tens of hours without getting any property calls/emails. I finally found one fix that seems to work (not every time, though, so remember to save just before attempting it). What has helped a bunch of people is finishing the towing missions from Tonya. That unlocks the towing company, save right before you buy it and hope for the best. After that, buy the towing property. On my first try, I immidiately got an email from Smoke on the water. On my fourth try (the previous ones didn't do jack) I immidiately got a call from the cab company.

However, the game still seems to be messed up: on my first try, I continued playing for a couple of hours without getting more than the first property call. If that wasn't enough, ALL of my texts and emails except the epsilon one across ALL characters got erased. Try doing the bounty hunter missions without the emails... I only kept playing for half an hour after the fourth try where I got the cab call , but didn't get any more property missions. Btw, does anyone know the approximate frequency of property calls/emails? Thanks in advance!

So don't tell me that the game isn't glitched, I've read enough on the support forums to know that I'm not the only one having these problems. Endgame is so empty for me now, it really bums me out dealing with this after playing and loving so many Rockstar games over the last decade or more...
Old 12-22-2013, 09:45 PM   #10
blairg8

DoYouWantAnts's Gamercard
I just loaded an old save (around 72%) in which I hadn't bought the company yet. Bought it, slept until it was Sunday morning, got in a car and got the call almost right away. The save I was using previously had the "no internet on phone" glitch so I figure the whole save was screwed up. Hope this helps someone!
blairg8 is offline   Reply With Quote