PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Splinter Cell: Conviction
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-21-2010, 02:51 AM   #1
TaytaMalikai

Send a message via MSN to TaytaMalikai

Tayta Malikai's Gamercard
Co-op with two controllers

Am I the only one who resorted to doing this? Basically what it says in the title: beating the co-op story on realistic, by yourself, with two controllers.
I resorted to this because I have a bad connection and neither of my two partners could stay connected for more than a minute; and I don't have any friends in real life who I could ask over to my house for this, not to mention they would be total noobs at the game. I didn't want to do the co-op with a random person either.
And after beating the entire thing, I think I can safely say that only about 40% of it was really hard, and those were the parts where both players were in danger, such as the Russian Embassy extraction, the Yastreb Archives section, or the final escape section. But there were exploits for everything.
So, thoughts or stories about co-op with two controllers?
TaytaMalikai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 07:30 AM   #2
Rapturous Rich

Rapturous Rich's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I did all the Face Off maps in split-screen because my partner didn't really wanna do adversarial matches. To be fair I much prefer co-operating in games like this too.

Also, were you trying to host the co-op games or were your friends? It could make all the difference. Likewise my connection is often too bad to host but I can just about hop on if my friends are hosting.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:28 AM   #3
TaytaMalikai

We tried both ways, the first neither of us could even connect to each other, and the second she was hosting and we lagged out after a couple of minutes. Then I tried it and we lagged out even faster.
And I actually like doing "co-op" stuff such as MW2's Spec Ops by myself. It lets me stay focused without the distraction of another person talking to me, or being responsible for the other person if they mess up.
Old 06-26-2010, 07:38 AM   #4
TsarBlandi

TsarBlandi's Gamercard
i did the majority of it like this, i had the second lvl completed by random matchmaking

i think its retarded that you search for a game "co-op story", "first level" and "Realistic", it searches for about 30 seconds and then searches for the nearest thing which is not what you need. It also means that when you finally get into a game you need its not nessacarily something the other needs and then they leave.

Would of been easier if my friends had bought this game

Retail Games Original 100%: 10
Arcade Games 100%: 3
TsarBlandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 09:00 AM   #5
Langeboy

Langeboy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
I'm resorting to this, I just feel I can play at my own pace and do things the way I want to if I do. I will still have to look for partners for the last stand achievements.
I am a bit worried though, that it may not unlock for me. I've heard of people playing the co-op on realistic mode and it not unlocked, forcing them to play it over again on LIVE. Hopefully this won't happen to me.

Langeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 10:53 AM   #6
TaytaMalikai

I haven't ever heard of any glitch like that. It doesn't sound very likely to happen, but I'll hope it doesn't for you!
And hey, I need a partner to do Last Stand as well. Do you have an alright connection? It might actually not disconnect since we live close to each other. If it does work we can use GameFreak's methods.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:16 AM   #7
allyourbase1337

allyourbase1337's Gamercard
Smile

I tried using two controllers for the challenges that required you to finish a level without being spotted and without shooting. I found it far too hard and just got these challenges solo.

Kudos to you for handling the Co-op Campaign managing two controllers... you should be a doctor!
allyourbase1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 07:21 PM   #8
Adakro

Adakro's Gamercard
I tried to use two controllers to complete the multiplayer PEC Challenges, but for some reason all my challenges was deleted. Maybe my second player saved over my first players saves or something. Didn't this happened to any of you?
Adakro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 08:51 PM   #9
TaytaMalikai

Nope lol, my first and second player data always remained distinct and constant throughout the whole thing.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:02 AM   #10
dmapr

I've played a few things with two controllers solo: parts of the co-op story, the last stand co-op (although this doesn't count as on the Russian Embassy 1 map there was no danger of being discovered). I used my profile for player 1 and no profile (Guest) for the second controller, so never had an issue with data being overwritten.
dmapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 01:06 AM   #11
Dz06lt

DZ06LT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
I tried to do it too, there is just too much at the end of each episode to handle. Which sucks because i wont pay for live and even though the game allowes for split screen my wife hates this game
Old 08-11-2010, 09:55 AM   #12
Tomcat31

Tomcat31b's Gamercard
I've resorted to two controllers and using my partners account as none of my friends have this game and the once i played online the random player i was matched up with just went gung ho ran in a started shooting anything and everything, where as I like to take my time.

I'm almost completed it but I'm struggling on the airlift section of the last chapter (Mozdok Grounds) I just can't seem to do it without both of my character getting in choke holds or dying

Semper Fidelis

Tomcat31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 04:23 AM   #13
Beta thorgo

Beta thorgo's Gamercard
Yeah i have done this too... I would not call it cheating because some times it is just hard to find people to play with... At least you are still killing all the terrorists your self anyways! lol
Beta thorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 04:24 AM   #14
Beta thorgo

Beta thorgo's Gamercard
Whenever there is an achievment that can be done on split screen and I am bored I usually get it myself!..I wish I could do that with the Halo vidmaster challenges!
Old 08-12-2010, 04:25 AM   #15
Beta thorgo

Beta thorgo's Gamercard
It can be especially hard to get friends to play with when you are in college full time with diff. schedules and often have home work!
Old 08-12-2010, 11:23 AM   #16
Majica8

Send a message via MSN to Majica8

Th3 Majica's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I played the first 2 levels on the easiest difficulty split screen on my own, but waited until I had a co-op partner to do the rest, and the realistic run through.
No doubt I could have done it all on my own (I did all the MW2 spec-ops missions on my own on Vet) but I actually wanted to do this game with proper co-op.

1000G/100%
MW2 - A's Creed - Pure - SC Conviction - CoD 4 - Lego Batman - Res Evil 5 - Trials - BFBC 2 - A's Creed 2 - Harm's Way - Crash Course - Alone in the Dark - Sniper GW - Kingdom for Keflings - World of Keflings - Deus Ex: HR - MW3 - Need for Speed: HP - Brink - Trials Evo - HAWX 2 - Mass Effect 3 - Op Flash DR - Minecraft - FEAR 3 - SSX - RSV2 - You're In The Movies - Halo Reach - Res Evil 6 - Dead Space 2 - Dead Space 3 - Dishonored - FarCry 3
Majica8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 06:27 AM   #17
daloser

WiiDaLoser's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomcat31 View Post
I'm almost completed it but I'm struggling on the airlift section of the last chapter (Mozdok Grounds) I just can't seem to do it without both of my character getting in choke holds or dying
I did most of the co-op solo, save for the very beginning.

When doing the last section solo, it's necessary to use the underground tunnel.

From the starting point, I moved one character along the left-side of the hanger until I reached the underground opening (it's a small fenced area that you can hop over and into). Move him halfway down the passage.

Next move the 2nd character along same path. Remember to keep an eye on the tank turrent and any patrols.

Now move one character to opening on other side of passage. Wait for turret light to pass (you'll notice that the turret light shines on the top part of this side of the passage and if you're hanging off the top when the light passes, you will be spotted). Once light passes towards the right, hop up and over (as long as there's no nearby patrols) and move to the side of building near the door.

There's usually a patrol in that first room so I liked to take him out once he turned to walk away. Then move halfway up the stairs, wait for one of the two patrollers to exit the 2nd floor room. Quickly move up, take out guard still in the room ( using silenced pistol) and close the door (keeps other guard from walking back in) and setup for EMP blast.

Move 2nd Character up and out of passage, straight into the door and go upstairs. Set off EMP.

As soon as blast goes off, move a character back the same way you entered and go back into the underground passage ( may need to use an EMP grenade, SAVE your Portable EMPs). Once you're halfway down the passage move the 2nd character down the same path.

At this point all the guards set up at the back of the plane, waiting for you. Hop out of the tunnel, on the other side, and run for the plane. Use the Portable EMP as necessary to get into the plane. I liked to set up the first character all the way in the back of the plane instead of taking cover behind a panel as they could still shoot me while in cover at the panel (guards shooting from side of ramp) but couldn't do it when I was in the very back (angle was too steep and they wouldn't walk up ramp).

Move 2nd character along same path and repeat. Only once you get the 2nd character inside, set-up at the panel. Quickly move 1st character to do the same. Follow prompts and you are done

You may also want to change the armor setup so you can carry more gadgets but it's not necessary. I had done all of the co-op with full armor and minimum gadgets.

Good luck.
daloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 07:50 AM   #18
WeaponTheory

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaytaMalikai View Post
Am I the only one who resorted to doing this? Basically what it says in the title: beating the co-op story on realistic, by yourself, with two controllers.
I resorted to this because I have a bad connection and neither of my two partners could stay connected for more than a minute; and I don't have any friends in real life who I could ask over to my house for this, not to mention they would be total noobs at the game.
So, thoughts or stories about co-op with two controllers?
Be honest, do you even have real life friends?
I have a friend who was welling to help me but he didn't know how to play, so guess what he did? HE LEARNED.
WeaponTheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 11:51 AM   #19
Yann Le Pentrec

Yann Le Pentrec's Gamercard
I did this too. In fact I got all my cheevo's (bar the invite a friend one) by myself without too much difficulty at all. Just finished today in fact. Is it worth getting the DLC?

EDIT: Got the DLC about an hour after posting this and have just got all my 250gs. Quite easy.

Last edited by Yann Le Pentrec; 08-18-2010 at 05:16 PM.
Yann Le Pentrec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 09:16 PM   #20
TaytaMalikai

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeaponTheory View Post
Be honest, do you even have real life friends?
I have a friend who was welling to help me but he didn't know how to play, so guess what he did? HE LEARNED.
Yes, I do. And: good for you.
Old 09-07-2010, 11:20 AM   #21
asdfen

doing this solo was not too hard except split screen on shooters sucks. The part where I needed to turn off some switches or something was insane thought.
asdfen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 04:20 PM   #22
Sixfeetbehind

Sixfeetbehind's Gamercard
Co-op with two Controllers and Realistic difficulty is possible. But they are some areas you'll have some problems.

Russian Embassy Level 2,
Yastreb Complex Level 2,
Mozdok Proving Grounds Last Level.

Sixfeetbehind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 03:24 PM   #23
JPEC83

JPEC83's Gamercard
I did over half of it by myself with two controllers including the hard parts. I found most randoms to be thoroughly incompetent and usually quit if they got killed once. It drove me nuts so I started playing through. I only had one good game at that was the final mission.

I would have preferred to do it with a good co-op partner but most people were unreliable.
JPEC83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 11:51 PM   #24
newbsicle

zymotic's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I'm trying to do it by myself with two controllers but I'm stuck on level 3 part 2. Every time I start downloading like 5 guys come, which is fine, but then there's not enough time. So I usually start downloading with one, then run the other guy over to download. Then when I'm done downloading I revive the other guy, but then I run out of time. I got close once but that was it.