PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Batman: Arkham Origins > Initiation
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-20-2014, 08:38 PM   #91
ParoXysm QC

ParoXysm QC's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   Micro Guide - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Scare Tactics campaign is getting me frustrated.
ParoXysm QC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:25 AM   #92
snake2410

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParoXysm QC View Post
Scare Tactics campaign is getting me frustrated.

Scare Tactics
Breaking In Extreme - Time Limit, Increased Aggression, Protective Aura
Wrecking Crew Extreme - Scattered Weapons
Hard Time Extreme - Free Medal

This is the modifier setup I used if I remember right.

Breaking In, I went for the Ledge Takedown on the jammer guy right away by moving along the vantage points and then dropping down near the platform he's on and rappelling up to it then pulling him down. A guy will come running along the upper platform from the direction you started towards you, hit the fire extinguisher next to the vent on the platform you're on to distract him then pull the vent cover off and enter. Move to the other end and wait till he decides to walk back then do the Vent Takedown for the second medal. Knockout Smash you can do on any enemy really, as long as no one is too near you. You will have to get somewhat lucky with this one and hope neither of the first 2 takedown targets get th e aura on them.

Wrecking Crew, I went for Grate Moves first on the jammer guy. Basically you start near him, just duck down to the right of the stairs you start by and wait till both he and the guy to your right aren't looking, then drop down to where they are and get in the grate right away. Follow it about half way down and wait for the jammer to walk back towards where you start and then get back down to where you are in the grate (you need the other guy far enough away that you can get away). Grate take him down and then move to the weak wall that is to the right of you (where the other guy was coming from) and get behind it. 9 out of 10 times a guy will walk up to the wall, do the Wall Takedown and immediately use a Kujiki bomb to get out of there. Get on a vantage point and when you have an isolated guy go for the Pouncer Takedown. Carefully take down the rest using grates or vantage points (grates were more reliable for me)

Hard Time- Immediately grapple up and hang from the ledge to the left near the ladder. Two guys will get close enough to Double Takedown for the first medal, climb up after and go through the left room and work your way around to the second window (across from the ladder you did the takedowns at) and get in the grate. 9 out of 10 times a guy will eventually come up to it for the Window Pain Takedown, if he does not then instead find an isolated guy and use quickfire caltrip and take him down for the Caltrip Takedown(you might need to spam it on him pretty close to get him to trip). If you do manage to get the window pain takedown the jammer usually will come over to that side and is often prime for a grate takedown. If you get that chance and are completely confident you can get hidden without much risk do it. It'll help tremendously. After taking him out carefully finish the rest off. I used grates a lot in this one since vantage points are off limits due to the mod. There is also an open vent that comes in handy behind the vents you will likely hide in quite a bit while doing this one. Its also pretty effective to jump out of the grate, quickfire some batarangs in the direction enemies are in and drop back in to lure them to you.

Hopefully this helps and you can figure out my directions, I don't have a way to shoot video for it but this method worked best for me.

Last edited by snake2410; 04-21-2014 at 12:33 PM.
snake2410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 02:29 AM   #93
ParoXysm QC

ParoXysm QC's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   Micro Guide - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Wow, thanks. I didn't expect such an answer. I didn't have much trouble with the first two challenges, but the double takedown method was based on luck more than anything else and it got me killed too many time.

Thanks again

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake2410 View Post
Scare Tactics
Breaking In Extreme - Time Limit, Increased Aggression, Protective Aura
Wrecking Crew Extreme - Scattered Weapons
Hard Time Extreme - Free Medal

This is the modifier setup I used if I remember right.

Breaking In, I went for the Ledge Takedown on the jammer guy right away by moving along the vantage points and then dropping down near the platform he's on and rappelling up to it then pulling him down. A guy will come running along the upper platform from the direction you started towards you, hit the fire extinguisher next to the vent on the platform you're on to distract him then pull the vent cover off and enter. Move to the other end and wait till he decides to walk back then do the Vent Takedown for the second medal. Knockout Smash you can do on any enemy really, as long as no one is too near you. You will have to get somewhat lucky with this one and hope neither of the first 2 takedown targets get th e aura on them.

Wrecking Crew, I went for Grate Moves first on the jammer guy. Basically you start near him, just duck down to the right of the stairs you start by and wait till both he and the guy to your right aren't looking, then drop down to where they are and get in the grate right away. Follow it about half way down and wait for the jammer to walk back towards where you start and then get back down to where you are in the grate (you need the other guy far enough away that you can get away). Grate take him down and then move to the weak wall that is to the right of you (where the other guy was coming from) and get behind it. 9 out of 10 times a guy will walk up to the wall, do the Wall Takedown and immediately use a Kujiki bomb to get out of there. Get on a vantage point and when you have an isolated guy go for the Pouncer Takedown. Carefully take down the rest using grates or vantage points (grates were more reliable for me)

Hard Time- Immediately grapple up and hang from the ledge to the left near the ladder. Two guys will get close enough to Double Takedown for the first medal, climb up after and go through the left room and work your way around to the second window (across from the ladder you did the takedowns at) and get in the grate. 9 out of 10 times a guy will eventually come up to it for the Window Pain Takedown, if he does not then instead find an isolated guy and use quickfire caltrip and take him down for the Caltrip Takedown(you might need to spam it on him pretty close to get him to trip). If you do manage to get the window pain takedown the jammer usually will come over to that side and is often prime for a grate takedown. If you get that chance and are completely confident you can get hidden without much risk do it. It'll help tremendously. After taking him out carefully finish the rest off. I used grates a lot in this one since vantage points are off limits due to the mod. There is also an open vent that comes in handy behind the vents you will likely hide in quite a bit while doing this one. Its also pretty effective to jump out of the grate, quickfire some batarangs in the direction enemies are in and drop back in to lure them to you.

Hopefully this helps and you can figure out my directions, I don't have a way to shoot video for it but this method worked best for me.
ParoXysm QC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 07:35 AM   #94
snake2410

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParoXysm QC View Post
Wow, thanks. I didn't expect such an answer. I didn't have much trouble with the first two challenges, but the double takedown method was based on luck more than anything else and it got me killed too many time.

Thanks again
You mean the Double Takedown method I posted?

There is no luck required for it really. If you hang off the ledge (hold the grapple button) right below and slightly to the right of the first guy who stops near the ladder to the left at the start the second guy will stop next to him, wait a few seconds and the first guy will start moving closer to the second guy and it should give you the double takedown prompt every time. I've never had it fail on me. Its more about patience and waiting then about speed with my methods.

If its not working for you I'll try and post pics in the morning, I'm only on my lunch break right now and don't really have the time to take them and post them.

Last edited by snake2410; 04-22-2014 at 07:42 AM.
snake2410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 03:33 PM   #95
BiggD
17 Days Until Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake2410 View Post
You mean the Double Takedown method I posted?

There is no luck required for it really. If you hang off the ledge (hold the grapple button) right below and slightly to the right of the first guy who stops near the ladder to the left at the start the second guy will stop next to him, wait a few seconds and the first guy will start moving closer to the second guy and it should give you the double takedown prompt every time.
Yeah, that method is fool-proof. It always worked for me too.

Thanks to Xerofox for the romantically rambunctious signature!

Currently Playing: The Waiting Game...
~ 17 DAYS ~
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 12:35 PM   #96
SallyNasty

SallyNasty's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Yeah, that method is fool-proof. It always worked for me too.
Son of a bitch. I wish I had read this before I spent a frustrating hour trying for this medal.

Well campaign just got easier.

SallyNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 12:40 AM   #97
BiggD
17 Days Until Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyNasty View Post
Son of a bitch. I wish I had read this before I spent a frustrating hour trying for this medal.

Well campaign just got easier.
LOL well, at least you finally found the method

Thanks to Xerofox for the romantically rambunctious signature!

Currently Playing: The Waiting Game...
~ 17 DAYS ~
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote