PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V > GTA Online
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-07-2014, 07:01 AM   #1
Viperspike

Viperspike's Gamercard
Making Money and RP with the Flight School Update

To start I was very pleased with how R* made many of the other missions pay offs higher. This encouraged other missions to be played online with random's other than Rooftop Rumble.

I then decided to look for the best ways or fastest ways to make money and the old method for me was Rooftop Rumble. I could do the old RR on hard solo within 5 minutes including loading times with the start up screens. This would net me $18,750

The new system has changed all this. If I was to do it in my quick time I would get under $10k. However I found that if I take 15 minutes from the mission start to complete it I could get $22,500 and over 4300 RP. So I could run through in 5 minutes and then sit there waiting for 10 minutes afk then come back to complete it. If I was to do it with 4 people we got $29,250 and around 5000 RP again has to be 15minute wait from start to mission completion.

So even if I was to play with 4 others and get the maximum pay off which would take 15 minutes. Under the old system I would get 2 or even 3 plays of RR and get $56,250 solo as opposed to $29,250 with 4 others.

Basically this new system rewards time wasters and the less skilled and slow. It hurts the people who works out the most efficient way to complete a mission.

Again I applaud the levelling up of all the other missions, but I would have rather they did not bring down the level of the top paying missions.
Viperspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 10:03 AM   #2
Ashleyc

Ashley6200's Gamercard
I see what you're saying, but it's a solution to the issue of long missions paying badly without having to manually adjust the payouts on every mission constantly. As you've found, it's also pretty much an anti-grind system as you need to do some counter-intuitive things to max payouts. (besides, timewasting to get more money is pretty pointless anyway unless you're worked out the exact amount of time you should take as you could be using that dead time to be doing something else)

But frankly, I think it can only be a good thing for the majority of people, I just don't think it's viable to bias the game towards grinding. It's clear that R* want people to be playing more than one mission over and over again and it's great to be able to use the Join Contact Mission option and be able to play something other than RR. I can join a group, and as long as more contact missions come up in the post mission selection screen we can earn $100,000 without it ever feeling like grinding. Since this change i've earned $1 mil without even trying for it. That's a nice feeling.

Besides, think of it this way. You're a RR pro, and you can play the mission in under 5 minutes. Using the figures you're given above, as long as you don't earn less than $7k a time you're earning more doing the mission quickly then you would with the time-wasting method. So yes, while at first it may seem like it is rewarding the less skilled, it's really just making the extra time they would spend a little more worthwhile. It'll also cover one of those situations where things start to go wrong and one person ends up heroically "saving" the mission - it's nice to feel like that is being rewarded in some way.
Ashleyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 01:12 PM   #3
Viperspike

Viperspike's Gamercard
My problem with it is that the old system I could get $18,750 within 5 minutes. Now there are no missions I am aware of that we can get that sort of $$$ in the same time period. Whether its solo or 4 players or more than 4 players.

By all means level all the missions UP to the high paying missions, just don't bring down the payouts of the high paying missions per time spent.

For me I play many missions with randoms under the old system as well as this new system for fun. But there are times when I wish to earn $$$ and would like to do so as quickly as possible, so this new system makes me feel as I have fallen back from what I was able to earn.

If anyone knows of quick legit ways to earn GTA $ then please let me know. Also out of curiosity what is the highest mission payout anyone has been able to get from this new system.
Viperspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 04:39 PM   #4
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperspike View Post
If anyone knows of quick legit ways to earn GTA $ then please let me know. Also out of curiosity what is the highest mission payout anyone has been able to get from this new system.
Quick LEGIT way oh boy not anymore. For me I just join random contact-missions ON CALL, that's about it. Highest payout was $26.500 with LOS SANTOS CONNECTIONS, doing it the normal way no shortcuts, full lobby on HARD.

100% > Resident Evil - Remake Remastered (XboxOne & Playstation4)
100% > Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (Xbox360 & XboxOne)
100% > Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition (Xbox360 & XboxOne)

-[RESIDENTEVIL]-
JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 05:03 PM   #5
LeEk MuNcHeR

LeEk MuNcHeR's Gamercard
I'm glad RR changed. I was sick of getting constant invites to this mission or seeing it in quick join

With the change I've played a lot more missions that I did when I first started the game that I had forgotten about
LeEk MuNcHeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 05:54 PM   #6
Sm0keytrip0d

Sm0keytrip0d's Gamercard
Ive gained about 2mill or so since the change, so its not exactly that hard to gain cash at a reasonable pace :P

the games also alot more fun now since you don't need to worry about doing RR as quick as humanly possible instead you can sit there and play a bunch of different missions and still earn a reasonable amount of money anyway :3

or you could always play Pickup Sticks and be the last 1 left alive out of 4 and finish it like a boss for 25k lol, done that a few times now :3
Old 09-08-2014, 07:49 AM   #7
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sm0keytrip0d View Post
or you could always play Pickup Sticks and be the last 1 left alive out of 4 and finish it like a boss for 25k lol, done that a few times now :3
Yeah that's a good way too. Most of them gonna die at the first pick-up anyway. I was forced to do it plenty times all by myself.

100% > Resident Evil - Remake Remastered (XboxOne & Playstation4)
100% > Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (Xbox360 & XboxOne)
100% > Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition (Xbox360 & XboxOne)

-[RESIDENTEVIL]-
JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote