Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Conan
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-22-2010, 06:09 PM   #31
Grummy

Grumftheld's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malachi117 View Post
A very easy way to defeat BONE CLEAVER (Form Deuce) is to use the duel wields Black River Rage ( X X Y Y ).

He will defend from the first two X attacks but drops his guard as the Y attacks begin. So just hit, roll away & redo.
No, it's not very easy, you just got incredibly lucky.

I tried this a dozen times now, and he's just too damn unpredictable. He's far more likely to kick you than block when you start hitting him, and being so close, you can't avoid the kick, you just have to be lucky a guess correctly to roll instead of continue with the hit. If you get the hits, it is a fantastic move for whittling down his health, but the likelihood of getting the hits is just far too slim.

It's bosses like this that ruin games and why this game only got average ratings. Do developers actually think this kind of shit is fun? Fucking idiots.

Dissapointed and angry as fuck in equal measure. Doubt I'll bother finishing it now, I'm just not enjoying it.

http://www.360voice.com/tag/Grumftheld

My First Guide!! Way of the Samurai 3
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/g...ai-3-us/guide/
If you have any questions, please pm me on here then send me a message on Live to let me know its here and I'll get to it asap.
Grummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 07:21 PM   #32
TeaMonger

Just beat Bone Cleaver II for the second time on King difficulty setting (Admittedly with Song of Death cheat on). I had a ton of luck with using BOTH the Raven spell technique and the Black River Rage for stage 1. It seems to distract him long enough (Listen for his grunting sound cue and a repeating spasm as he gets hit) to bang in on the combo. Sometimes he won't be able to defend the first two and you can pull off the whole thing, or even a YYY combo. For stage 2 I continued spamming with Ravens and waiting for his guard to go down then hitting with YY until dead. I think I used half of the health urns during the entire battle, kept it up with dual wield.

The game isn't that hard, I should finish up getting 1000/1000 today or tomorrow, and I've only had it.... less than two weeks, I think? Perservere and keep playing, this is an easy one for achievements and a reasonably fun GOW clone. Not bad for ten bucks.
TeaMonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 08:09 PM   #33
Cringer85

Cringer85's Gamercard
hi. I cannot defeat the Giant Squid on King mode stage 4. Problem is: he doesn't only use spray attack, like you mention! He uses spray, then tentacle, spray and tentacle again. How in the world is it possible to avoid those tentacles??? One hit = death. Rolling around doesn't help, he adjusts his tentacles to definitive hit. How do I beat him here???

EDIT.: I used the best gaming technique, ever invented: Taking a break. Afterwards, I killed him easy.

Last edited by Cringer85; 07-29-2010 at 08:22 PM.
Cringer85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 01:44 PM   #34
Wolverine674

Wolverine674's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malachi117 View Post
A very easy way to defeat BONE CLEAVER (Form Deuce) is to use the duel wields Black River Rage ( X X Y Y ).

He will defend from the first two X attacks but drops his guard as the Y attacks begin. So just hit, roll away & redo.
If you can pull that off, good for you. Safest bet is to do what another member posted: Grab two axes from the rack on the left, throw one (he'll block) and immediately throw the second (he'll take the hit). As soon as he blocks the first throw, he'll start to throw a bolas. Just dodge it and run around to pick up both axes you threw and repeat it for both Stage 1 and Stage 2. The only time I took damage was if I accidentally rolled into the bolas instead of away. Makes a tough boss easy.
Wolverine674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 10:56 AM   #35
Hokuto20XX

Hokuto20XX's Gamercard
I found that on Bone Cleaver second form on King Mode with infinite armor power, you can use a Two Handed Weapon and do X, X, Stone spell, X, X, Stone Spell over and over. Stone Spell makes you invulnerable during its animation and i found avoids all his attacks after everytime I do the X X combo. There is probably an easier way but this worked for me without getting hit once.
Hokuto20XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 01:17 PM   #36
PMonk

Pox Monkey's Gamercard
Another easy way to beat cleaver part two is the YYYY attack then immediately roll away and roll back again then no hesitation YYYY again rinse and repeat rolling while bone cleaver 2's shock wave hits gives you no damage

Last edited by PMonk; 02-23-2011 at 06:23 PM.
PMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:16 PM   #37
a666grim

a666grim's Gamercard
Graven

Lou Beau, thank you very much for the BOSS info; I had no problem with any boss except Graven. I have failed near 100 times. I won't give up, I have found some fun playing Conan as I used to read the Marvel comic when I was young.

Here is what I have found to help me so far:
1) I do just like you suggest for the 1st part, stay back and attack after he does, except I use ONE of the following moves; either a X with two-handed sword or XXXY with the same (only after his underground spike attack).
2) when the tentacles come out, I run only and on the stone ring closest to the tar, when his attack subsides I take out 1 Tar-Man (TM), then run again to take out the second TM and repeat. Once all the are exhausted I get the Gear.
3) I am alright with the 3rd wave as it resembles the 1st closely enough.

The letter attack sequences suck and I am having problems with Graven after them... hence, I have yet to take him out.

gRIM

Last edited by a666grim; 03-28-2011 at 10:18 PM.
a666grim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 05:00 AM   #38
Dany1981Mtl

Dancsi27's Gamercard
I used the same exact method and worked like a charm. I was only hit once or twice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine674 View Post
If you can pull that off, good for you. Safest bet is to do what another member posted: Grab two axes from the rack on the left, throw one (he'll block) and immediately throw the second (he'll take the hit). As soon as he blocks the first throw, he'll start to throw a bolas. Just dodge it and run around to pick up both axes you threw and repeat it for both Stage 1 and Stage 2. The only time I took damage was if I accidentally rolled into the bolas instead of away. Makes a tough boss easy.

100% Completed games (including DLCs)

100% Win8 games: 8
100% WP7/8 games: 31
100% retail games: 46
100% XBLA games: 49
Dany1981Mtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 04:09 PM   #39
x AURELIUS x

x Aurellius x's Gamercard
Nice one been stuck on this game ages
x AURELIUS x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 05:42 AM   #40
Kittenz

X360 Cassou's Gamercard
Thanks for this.
Kittenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 04:38 AM   #41
mawpp

Mawpp's Gamercard
Having lots of trouble with the second bc fight. Trying the XXYY combo but he keeps interrupting it with the kicks and I try to dodge the sword attack with a roll but the shockwave hits me about half the time.

Working on Perfect Dark, Rainbow 6: Las Vegas, Quake 4,

Current guitar solo: Nottingham Lace - Buckethead (83/120)
mawpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:08 AM   #42
Amoureux

Amoureux 1412's Gamercard
For the bonecleaver second battle here is a very easy way to beat him. It seems during the YYY sequence just after throwing him a weapon, we evade the bolas. Just beated him without being hurt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JenCEd8Gv_U
Amoureux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:10 AM   #43
h3r0n

h3r0n360's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeinSC View Post
A HUGE tip for Bonecleaver 2 on King mode.

Since you have unlimited magic, the Plague of Ravens hurts him. Just stay away and spam that spell to death. You can avoid his attacks from afar and it will whittle his health down over time. It is the only spell that works.
Actually the meteor spell also works, and is arguably better because you aren't frozen in one spot when casting the spell and it has great invulnerability properties during casting.
h3r0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:49 AM   #44
MM2313

Metamania2313's Gamercard
I used the axe strategy that others mentioned. It was, by far, the easiest, risk-free way to deal with BC2, who was a major pain in the ass! So thank you to those that offered the tip! Now I'm fighting Graven on Hard and it's not easy...
MM2313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:12 AM   #45
dvdubb

DVDUBB's Gamercard
Just my 2cts here for the end-boss: finished that – neverending - Galen battle last night (on Hard difficulty). When I was in the last round (when you only have the Void spell left and he’s swinging his tentacles and mud-men all over the place), I couldn’t get passed this stage as I didn’t have enough mana/blue energy left…tried for about an hour and a bit, but to no avail; I kept being killed...I was about to leave it when I gave it one more try with different strategy: once the level start turn the wheel as few notches until you see the mud-men coming out of the pool next to you, make your way to the right and make a full circle on the platform until you’re back at the wheel (avoiding the tentacles by jumping or rolling forward)…I noticed that the mud-men sort of follow you around and by the time you are back at the wheel, they are not close and you can turn it again a few times…I did this full circle one more time and was able to turn it all the way (so the blue triangle is aligned with the wheel) and have the end-sequence kick in (no need to kill all those mud-men)….only got hit a few times … worked for me…just one more QTE and you’re done with Galen…
dvdubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:31 AM   #46
Repo

Send a message via MSN to Repo

x RepoUK x's Gamercard
I've just finished this on hard, so King yet to go!

The bosses aren't really hard, just very tedious.
For Bone Cleaver 2 I used a mix of the strategies above, throw 2 weapons (or box / vase then weapon) in succession at him until they had all broken and then I did the XXYY dual wield until he was dead.

For Graven I waited until he did an attack then followed up with Captains Rush (hold X on two handed weapon) for all his attacks except the ground spike attack for which I did 2 Y attacks.

For the mud men bits I rushed to the wheel and got it turned half way then released. I then did BX or BY to get the health from the oilmen as this also renders you immune to the tentacle attacks for the duration of the animation. On the last one I had to throw a void to mop a load of oilmen up as there were just too many to BX/BY and also get the wheel to turn in between the tentacle attacks.

The OTE for Graven was a real pain, the time allowed to hit the right key is way too short.

Mostly a good game but there's too much time spent on boss encounters and they are amazingly dull.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:00 PM   #47
NShepherd N7

NShepherd N7's Gamercard
X,X,Y,Y worked really well for me. The first phase was actually harder, as he blocked the first two. But once he switched to the flail he blocked much less. I just kept rolling out of the way to dodge his attack when I saw a flash of red. Way easier than I thought it would be. Also helps when you activate th Song of Death or whatever and do double damage.
NShepherd N7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:22 PM   #48
GOAT RIDER 420

GOAT RIDER 420's Gamercard
worked great.
GOAT RIDER 420 is offline   Reply With Quote