PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Batman: Arkham Origins > Initiation
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-03-2014, 01:08 PM   #1
Evo Kazz

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Platinum   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Tyger7   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 29 (more» ...)
Initiation DLC Fix

Found this over at TA, some seem to have had luck doing this, I have not tried yet but will do shortly, some people can't access the DLC with update gone, but some can, weird:

Credit to L V BLazy:
For this glitched achievement you just have to delete the "Title update" from your hard drive (Games and Apps > Batman Arkham Origins) and put the game, refuse the update (so playing offline) and do a random challenge with Bruce and both achievements should unlock at the end of the challenge. (If you had already done all challenges and/or all campaign with all medals of course)

Arcade Crazy - 26 - Over Achiever - 54 - XB1 Points - 85
Franchise Clubs - 7x Tier 1, 3x Tier 2, 1x Tier 3
Staff Clubs - 11

Evo Kazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 05:02 PM   #2
MarleyMon81

MarleyMon81's Gamercard
Tried it didn't pop.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:56 PM   #3
BiggD
DONE WITH HALO...AGAIN...

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Will try this myself tonight. Fingers crossed as I'm still pissed they're broken.

Thanks to Xerofox for the romantically rambunctious signature!

Currently Playing: Far Cry 4
~ HALO IS LOVE, HALO IS LIFE ~
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:36 PM   #4
Evo Kazz

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Platinum   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Tyger7   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarleyMon81 View Post
Tried it didn't pop.
Same, didn't pop, hopefully someone has more luck than us!

Staff Clubs - 11

Old 01-03-2014, 11:25 PM   #5
bean is not pro

bean is not pro's Gamercard
it works!

I just did it and it worked perfectly!
message me if you wanna boost: gh3, gta4, ANYTHING
bean is not pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:37 PM   #6
TW0 T0N S0N

batty grease's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo Kazz View Post
Same, didn't pop, hopefully someone has more luck than us!
Well. It seems I must be one of the luck one's then, since it popped for me offline. Here is exactly what I did: First and foremost, I backed-up my saved game onto a flash drive... you all know why... lol. Second, I went into console settings and move my cursor over the hard drive and selected 'clear system cache'. Third, I went into my xbox 360 hard drive and found 'Batman: Arkham Origins' and clicked on it. Next, I scrolled down the list of saved games, dlcs, etc. until I found a 15 mb update for B-man Arkham Origins. I deleted the 15 mb update and put the game into the console. It asked me to update, but I hit 'cancel' and proceeded to load up my saved game. I hit story mode, challenge mode, and completed a ranked predator map (Easy money extreme). Afterwards, the achievement unlocked. As for campaign, I needed one more campaign to complete the requirement for the medals (I saved the 1st campaign for last, the one on the top left of the screen). I complete that too, and the achievement unlocked after a slight delay, meaning that the game had to properly load my combat stats and all medals for the challenge. And the 'campaign ninja' achievement only unlocked after I hit 'continue' during a black screen which takes you back to the bat-cave. I really hope this method works for everyone, considering that I check this forum and comments on TA almost every day since this dlc was released. I know it's a long post, but I just want to be helpful. If anyone is confused over this solution, send me a party invite and I'll try to explain it as best I can. GT: batty grease
TW0 T0N S0N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 12:36 AM   #7
Evo Kazz

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Ok, I did all of that except for clearing cache, will try again, I know it means no timestamp but at this stage I couldnt give a shit lol.

Staff Clubs - 11

Old 01-04-2014, 03:37 AM   #8
BiggD

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Followed both methods. Didn't work.

Seriously LOL'ing over here at how FUCKED UP this game is. I hate WB Interactive and WB Montreal.

Old 01-04-2014, 04:40 AM   #9
Redemption Mode

Makaveli x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Wow! It actually worked. I even captured the steps so that if someone gets cute and says I glitched it. I also gave L V BLazy (over at TA.com), TW0 T0N S0N & Evo Kazz credit in the video for their efforts on how to get those glitchy ass Achievements we so rightfully earned.

Last edited by Redemption Mode; 01-04-2014 at 05:14 AM.
Redemption Mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 04:41 AM   #10
bean is not pro

bean is not pro's Gamercard
for the record, I didn't do anything fancy. already had all the medals (I DID complete the 15 extra campaign ones). deleted title update from hard drive, didn't clear cache or anything like that, went back in (offline of course; gotta refuse the update), did a quick predator challenge and both achievements immediately popped upon completion.
message me if you wanna boost: gh3, gta4, ANYTHING
bean is not pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:59 AM   #11
Hybridchld

Hybridchld's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TW0 T0N S0N View Post
Third, I went into my xbox 360 hard drive and found 'Batman: Arkham Origins' and clicked on it. Next, I scrolled down the list of saved games, dlcs, etc. until I found a 15 mb update for B-man Arkham Origins. I deleted the 15 mb update and put the game into the console.

Thanks mate worked perfectly!

I had tried clearing the cache after seeing the post on TA but didn't know about the 15mb update in the AO folder. Once I did this it popped for me!
Hybridchld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 12:27 PM   #12
Evo Kazz

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Okkkkkk excellent, after some poking and prodding it finally worked, didn't do anything special from other times other than clear cache, that seemed to nail it!

EDIT: Someone just messaged me on XBL asking me if you can get banned for this...no you can't, remember, some devs even suggest deleting updates sometimes to fix things and clearing cache, this is 100% legit, and 100% awesome!

Staff Clubs - 11

Last edited by Evo Kazz; 01-04-2014 at 01:33 PM.
Old 01-05-2014, 04:40 AM   #13
MasterNinja33

MasterNinja33's Gamercard
I can also confirm this works. I did like the others:

1. Clear cache
2. Delete batman title update
3. Play game and decline update
4. Played a challenge offline as Bruce Wayne

And bingo! Unlocked both as I had already got the requirements.
Old 01-05-2014, 05:40 AM   #14
PRNightfire

Send a message via AIM to PRNightfire

PRSNightfire's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redemption Mode View Post
Wow! It actually worked. I even captured the steps so that if someone gets cute and says I glitched it. I also gave L V BLazy (over at TA.com), TW0 T0N S0N & Evo Kazz credit in the video for their efforts on how to get those glitchy ass Achievements we so rightfully earned.

Batman: Arkham Origins - Initiation DLC Achievement Fix - YouTube
It worked thanks a lot buddy.
Old 01-05-2014, 02:26 PM   #15
JSP 16

Send a message via MSN to JSP 16

JSP The Great 1's Gamercard
Pretty sad when us gamers have to figure out how to unlock an achievement that the developers have problems with. Maybe the monkeys working on this game should never work on another huge title, and stick to New Grounds flash games.
Old 01-06-2014, 01:47 AM   #16
BiggD

BiggDope's Gamercard

How the hell did it work for ya'll? I tried twice and nothing :/

You guys didn't complete the new Campaign Challenge, did ya?

EDIT: Nevermind, it worked My OCD can rest now. Thank the lords.

Last edited by BiggD; 01-06-2014 at 07:08 AM.
Old 01-07-2014, 02:56 AM   #17
MarleyMon81

MarleyMon81's Gamercard
Is there still actually talk of them fixing this properly? Since I've moved on from AO until the DLC I was hoping to hold out for a date stamped cheevo.
Old 01-07-2014, 04:27 AM   #18
BiggD

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarleyMon81 View Post
Is there still actually talk of them fixing this properly? Since I've moved on from AO until the DLC I was hoping to hold out for a date stamped cheevo.
Not that I know of but I think I read Evo say somewhere on these forums that WB was going to roll out a patch that fixed this sometime in the beginning of January.

Old 01-08-2014, 03:55 PM   #19
US07

Usman S's Gamercard
Mine unlocked without having to clear the cache all I did was delete the update.

US07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 07:07 PM   #20
BiggD

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by US07 View Post
Mine unlocked without having to clear the cache all I did was delete the update.
That's weird, mine wouldn't unlock until I cleared my cache. Damn broken achievements!

Old 01-08-2014, 08:36 PM   #21
US07

Usman S's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
That's weird, mine wouldn't unlock until I cleared my cache. Damn broken achievements!
Ridiculous considering they've known about this for a month or so.

US07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 01:10 AM   #22
BiggD

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by US07 View Post
Ridiculous considering they've known about this for a month or so.
Right? WB Interactive and WB Montreal really let us down here. They don't even care to sort their shit out promptly.

Old 01-09-2014, 09:15 AM   #23
ikuyok

ikuyoK's Gamercard
Worked perfectly for me. Went offline, cleared cache, deleted title updated, and then did one predator map since I knew it would take less than 2 minutes. Both of them popped instantly. Thanks for posting that here.

After doing batman and then charlie murder and having both of them have Glitched achievements really kind of irked me... Well that's through with and now I'm only waiting for charlie murder to be fixed.
ikuyok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:32 AM   #24
assassinjay1229

Send a message via MSN to assassinjay1229

assassinjay1229's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
For anyone that wants a timestamp iirc they said a patch will happen in the second week of January so that means next week if they meant full weeks.
Old 01-11-2014, 05:04 PM   #25
shooterking69

mastershoter's Gamercard
But... but what about my time stamp :'(

EDIT: NVM thanks for the info assassinjay1229

"Golly, I Better Make Batman A Sandwich Before He Slaps Me Like The Bitch I Am." -Superman
shooterking69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 01:23 AM   #26
HalfEVILmonkey

HalfEVILmonkey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Worked perfectly. Thanks everyone for the guide. Cleared cache, deleted the update, and played these two offline and both popped without any issues.
Old 01-24-2014, 06:08 AM   #27
JSP 16

Send a message via MSN to JSP 16

JSP The Great 1's Gamercard
Finally, my OCD gave in and said "fuck it, don't always need a time stamp on an achievement," and got it offline. Never buying another Arkham game done by WB.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:41 PM   #28
dkykong

dkykong's Gamercard
So any word on a patch to fix the DLC chieves yet? Its almost February now and they still haven't fixed it? I know there is an offline method to attain the chieves, but unfortunately for me I have time stamps for ALL my chieves. This better not be one of those cases where they don't patching it because they know people have been attaining it offline therefore its no longer priority. If they end up releasing the Mr. Freeze DLC along side with new chieves without fixing the Initiation chieves Im gonna be pretty pissed. Does anyone know where I can maybe get in contact with the developers or whoever handles these issues to follow uo on the progress of the patch, if there is one in the works.
Old 01-25-2014, 04:12 AM   #29
BiggD

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkykong View Post
So any word on a patch to fix the DLC chieves yet? Its almost February now and they still haven't fixed it? I know there is an offline method to attain the chieves, but unfortunately for me I have time stamps for ALL my chieves. This better not be one of those cases where they don't patching it because they know people have been attaining it offline therefore its no longer priority. If they end up releasing the Mr. Freeze DLC along side with new chieves without fixing the Initiation chieves Im gonna be pretty pissed. Does anyone know where I can maybe get in contact with the developers or whoever handles these issues to follow uo on the progress of the patch, if there is one in the works.
I think the WB Games Community forums or something like that would be best to try to contact them as their Community Manager posts there but even then, I doubt that would work. They said a patch for this would roll out first week of January and it's February next weekend. It's quite ridiculous.

Old 01-27-2014, 05:43 PM   #30
dkykong

dkykong's Gamercard
Guess i will have to hold out for longer than i was expecting. Last thing i want to do is do the work around method to get the chieves without a timestamp and then the following week a fix becomes available :/ Im only optimistic because I know they plan to release future DLC so at least I know the developers haven't totally abandoned the game. Fingers crossed that a fix is released soon, if at all.