PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Adventure > The Raven: Legacy of a Master Thief
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-27-2014, 03:25 PM   #1
Emivader

Emivader's Gamercard
December GwG

I heard this game is coming up next December for gold memebers, but since the game is episodic will it come with the full 3 episodes for free?

1st Achievement: Landfall - Halo 3
100k Achievement: MFWIC - Spec Ops: The Line

All hail the conquering hero...
Emivader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 04:36 PM   #2
Knomadic

Knomadic's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I was going to ask the samething.. I hope it's all the chapters. Guess we will find out next week.
Old 11-27-2014, 05:40 PM   #3
Slaughter.
A Necessary Evil

Cpt Slaugh7er's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Shinobi273   The Best of 2014 Challenge Club - Tier 2   Subscriber Clubs Baron   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 2   Subscriber - Bronze
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
I think it's safe to assume that all the chapters will be free, because if they weren't, the game wouldn't actually be free.

Staff Club Breakdown
My Gallery
| XBA Blog
I put the laughter in slaughter.
Slaughter. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 03:19 AM   #4
DarqStalker

DarqStalker's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice
Episode 1 available right now for free.
Old 12-01-2014, 03:21 AM   #5
Slaughter.
A Necessary Evil

Cpt Slaugh7er's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Shinobi273   The Best of 2014 Challenge Club - Tier 2   Subscriber Clubs Baron   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 2   Subscriber - Bronze
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarqStalker View Post
Episode 1 available right now for free.
But the others aren't?

Staff Club Breakdown
My Gallery
| XBA Blog
I put the laughter in slaughter.
Slaughter. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 06:01 AM   #6
EnigmaticRavyn

Enigmaticravyn's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaughter XBA View Post
But the others aren't?
Nope they are still $9.99

EnigmaticRavyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 06:10 AM   #7
Tropan

The Tropan's Gamercard
"Here guys, have a partial game, on the house. K, Thx, Bye."

Can't complain, it's free I guess. Unless you want to play the whole game. Oh wait, that's a trial.
Old 12-01-2014, 12:14 PM   #8
simmshady22

SimmShady22's Gamercard
Too bad it still costs $20 to fully complete the story. I'll pass.
Old 12-01-2014, 01:21 PM   #9
darthpathfinder

Darthpathfinder's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropan View Post
"Here guys, have a partial game, on the house. K, Thx, Bye."

Can't complain, it's free I guess. Unless you want to play the whole game. Oh wait, that's a trial.

Well to be fair to the game it does come in parts just like the walking dead game and when that game was free you only got part one free as well....So if you look at it that way it is cheaper to get this game in full than it is walking dead....even with the free part .

#Punday
darthpathfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 02:21 PM   #10
Emivader

Emivader's Gamercard
That's gotta be some serious bullshit right there, I mean this is a 1 and a 1/2 year old arcade game, give it all for free already! The individual episodes are just too damn expensive...

Last edited by Emivader; 12-01-2014 at 02:40 PM.
Old 12-01-2014, 07:13 PM   #11
Figbender

Figbender's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthpathfinder View Post
Well to be fair to the game it does come in parts just like the walking dead game and when that game was free you only got part one free as well....So if you look at it that way it is cheaper to get this game in full than it is walking dead....even with the free part .
The walking dead was not a gwg, it was simply free. This IS a gwg, and we are offered only a partial game.. thoroughly disappointing.
Figbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 07:15 PM   #12
Jerommeke

Syze Tricky's Gamercard
I was going to download it until I read your comments...
Jerommeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 08:16 PM   #13
xxJUSTINxx

OddFull Metal's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I can't even get the first eps to download, but since they aren't offering the entire game it doesn't matter.
Old 12-01-2014, 09:07 PM   #14
darthpathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figbender View Post
The walking dead was not a gwg, it was simply free. This IS a gwg, and we are offered only a partial game.. thoroughly disappointing.

It is true that The walking dead is not a GWG but having said that if it ever way a GWG they still would not put all the eps down for GWG they would have just done the first one or the first two......

The only difference here is that this game only has three eps and the walking dead has about five (might be more or less not looked into it really).

#Punday
Old 12-01-2014, 10:56 PM   #15
Deathblow23

IRON MIND's Gamercard
...guys this DOES suck but keep in mind that MSoft has a history of giving away games that might be complete, but still have a lot of DLC that you have to buy if you TRULY want to complete them...such as Red Faction, Saints Row 3, Iron Brigade, Toy Soldiers, and more. This is essentially the same thing...and it is NO coincidence that they gave away Worms on Xbox One...just as new paid-for DLC is released.
Deathblow23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 11:12 PM   #16
ginge88isfun

Send a message via Skype™ to ginge88isfun

GingerSkullpion's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I decided to back track on not getting this game for free, and actually download, might as well get some easy gamerscore out of it.

Now with the GT: GingerSkullpion - Feel free to add me on either Xbox One or Xbox 360.
ginge88isfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 01:37 AM   #17
Emivader

Emivader's Gamercard
I just started playing this shitty game and got bored in less than five minutes, not even worth the try unless you want to rack up 10 hours played for Xbox Live Rewards credits or you want achievements that badly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathblow23 View Post
...guys this DOES suck but keep in mind that MSoft has a history of giving away games that might be complete, but still have a lot of DLC that you have to buy if you TRULY want to complete them...such as Red Faction, Saints Row 3, Iron Brigade, Toy Soldiers, and more. This is essentially the same thing...and it is NO coincidence that they gave away Worms on Xbox One...just as new paid-for DLC is released.
Not the same, those games were still playable and entertaining even without the DLC, this is not.

Old 12-02-2014, 03:19 AM   #18
Baki54

Baki54's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
This might be the first GwG game that I don't have, I won't download. There's dlc, then there's the game itself. How can they even offer up a partial game as free?

Deathblow, here's the thing though.Those were "complete" games.Of course its almost a certainty they would have dlc.We get the games and it's pretty universally known, they may have dlc.

If they would have done the Raven episodes, like the Walking Dead ( ie offer up the freebies outside of the GwG program) , then all would be well. As it stands now, this is nothing more than an incomplete game.Thanks but no thanks.

At least I have the X1 game to look forward to.
I think you'll agree with me when I pose the question, "Is X360.org not the phucking greatest?".Seriously if you want to know how to do it, go to another site...If you want to know how to do it right COME TO THE ORG!!
Baki54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 03:38 AM   #19
Deathblow23

IRON MIND's Gamercard
...I realize the GwG offers are "complete" games but MSoft KNOWS thousands of people like to complete, or max out gamerscore on games...and I truly believe that this is why they have been giving away games that have several paid-for DLC's.

Think about this too...how many people who are "completionists"...DO NOT have XBL Gold accounts? I would say very very very few. So MSoft gives out games that have lots of paid-for DLC knowing full well that people will buy the DLC to 'complete' the.

In giving out an episodic release's base chapter...but charging you for the rest...they have essentially done the same thing as an episodic release (at its core). Example,...you play and finish episode 1...and have to buy the rest to finish the story. If you are given a free 'complete' game but have to buy the DLC's to technically complete it...then its is merely semantics in the eyes of MSoft.
Old 12-02-2014, 03:51 AM   #20
Baki54

Baki54's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
That's absolutely spot on.Picture this.. If I buy nothing vs buying dlc for a free game, who wins? The Devs and pubs do.Of course that's if I decide to buy any dlc.Having the game free, is more of an enticement to buy any additional content, versus having to buy the game and any dlc.

It's all part of a scheme.Im not saying there's anything nefarious behind it. I just mean to hint at, it's more of an enticement than anything. Something, rather than nothing is way better than no sale at all right .

Edit:I have Walking Dead 1&2 and Wolf Amg on 360, One and Ps3.Some episodes were free.It didn't matter to me much, but any freebie is nice.I'm pretty sure the other Raven episodes will go on sale pretty soon.Who knows I may pick up ep 1 since it's free.I have FAR too many games to worry about this one though... backlog is killer.
I think you'll agree with me when I pose the question, "Is X360.org not the phucking greatest?".Seriously if you want to know how to do it, go to another site...If you want to know how to do it right COME TO THE ORG!!

Last edited by Baki54; 12-02-2014 at 04:03 AM.
Baki54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 04:53 AM   #21
Planet Chuck

planet chuck's Gamercard
I have to agree with the naysayers on this one. They are giving us a partial game for free. Merry fucking Christmas...love MS.

Planet Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 05:08 AM   #22
Bare Bum Cheeks
DGN's Baby Daddy

Bare Bum Cheeks's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Silver   Micro Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1   Subscriber - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
So downloading this won't even grant me access to the full gamerscore? You've got to be kidding me.

This here is a short film that I made: http://vimeo.com/86127626
Completed Games: (45)
Achievements Percentage: (75%)

Bare Bum Cheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 05:24 AM   #23
Deathblow23

IRON MIND's Gamercard
...I will say this though, many of the games they have given away as part of this program have been excellent. Obviously not all of them have been...but many have. Hitman was a very good game...Dead Rising 2 is a good game...and there have been many more...so the overall worth of this program is solid but there is a back-end business angle here that people should know and understand. We vote with our dollars...so if the "Gold Members" want games that don't have this episodic/DLC angle...then download them but don't buy the excess stuff.
Old 12-02-2014, 08:38 AM   #24
darthpathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emivader View Post
I just started playing this shitty game and got bored in less than five minutes, not even worth the try unless you want to rack up 10 hours played for Xbox Live Rewards credits or you want achievements that badly.

Not the same, those games were still playable and entertaining even without the DLC, this is not.

I have to disagree with you there mate it might have a slow start but I found it to be fun and a lot like the older point and click adventure games from back In the day.

#Punday
Old 12-02-2014, 07:15 PM   #25
Dirty130
Subscribing Member

DirtyI30's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Community Gaming - Gold   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   5,000 Posts   Tri-Gamer Tournament - Champion   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
I couldn't find this anywhere on the Australian marketplace and it's the 3rd of December here. Is this another GwG that won't be made available here? Fine, I'll go sit in the corner with DEG and we'll wear our dunce hats again.

Dirty130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 10:19 PM   #26
Emivader

Emivader's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthpathfinder View Post
I have to disagree with you there mate it might have a slow start but I found it to be fun and a lot like the older point and click adventure games from back In the day.
I just finished episode 1 and got all the 12 achievements on the way. This game is slightly below average imo, the controls feel a little bit broken and there is an excessive (must add 'annoying') amount of unnecesary loading screens, not mentioning the fact that you'll have to get used to them because the game wants you to go from here to there back and forth just to gather clues and do unnecessary actions. I would buy the next episodes only if they get like in $1 dollar or so, just for the sake of completing this game.

Old 12-03-2014, 08:27 AM   #27
darthpathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emivader View Post
I just finished episode 1 and got all the 12 achievements on the way. This game is slightly below average imo, the controls feel a little bit broken and there is an excessive (must add 'annoying') amount of unnecesary loading screens, not mentioning the fact that you'll have to get used to them because the game wants you to go from here to there back and forth just to gather clues and do unnecessary actions. I would buy the next episodes only if they get like in $1 dollar or so, just for the sake of completing this game.

Yeah the controls are on the clunky side the going from place to place to get clues.....That is really just down to how you play the game.....For me I check the entire area before I move on....

Also for people complain about this being only part of the game for free just like at the gamer score for the first ep......It is the same amount you get (or use to get) for any arcade game (full game). So on that front you can not really complain.

#Punday
Old 12-03-2014, 11:19 PM   #28
jswartz0181

Send a message via AIM to jswartz0181 Send a message via Yahoo to jswartz0181

JSwartz0181's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I downloaded and played the demo first, and it wasn't great, but it wasn't terrible either, so I figured I'd go ahead and download and play the "full" game. But I'm torn!

Now, I have $60 in free cash from Bing Rewards (with $5 coming every other week or so), so at the end of the day, the $20 isn't a huge deal, but, like I said, the game isn't great based on the demo, so that's really pricy for an Arcade title (50% off I'd go for), and out of principle, as the GwG, there should have been a sale on the other episodes (that's how it's been done before -- game for free and DLC/other games in the series on sale). But I can't help but notice that there's a Red Faction game on sale this week for Deals with Gold, after the previous title was the previous GwG. Is that how they're playing it now? Might we see the episodes on sale next week or the week after?

To buy or not to buy? Like I said, I'm torn!
jswartz0181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 08:36 AM   #29
darthpathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswartz0181 View Post
I downloaded and played the demo first, and it wasn't great, but it wasn't terrible either, so I figured I'd go ahead and download and play the "full" game. But I'm torn!

Now, I have $60 in free cash from Bing Rewards (with $5 coming every other week or so), so at the end of the day, the $20 isn't a huge deal, but, like I said, the game isn't great based on the demo, so that's really pricy for an Arcade title (50% off I'd go for), and out of principle, as the GwG, there should have been a sale on the other episodes (that's how it's been done before -- game for free and DLC/other games in the series on sale). But I can't help but notice that there's a Red Faction game on sale this week for Deals with Gold, after the previous title was the previous GwG. Is that how they're playing it now? Might we see the episodes on sale next week or the week after?

To buy or not to buy? Like I said, I'm torn!

Let me put it for you this way it is more of an point and click game than what the walking dead is......Also the first ep from this game is also longer than the first ep of the walking dead game and you get more gamer score from completing the first ep as well.....Also you have to work for said gamer score as there are a few that you can miss were as in the walking dead game it does not matter what you do just as long as you complete the story....

#Punday
Old 12-04-2014, 11:28 AM   #30
Klister NL

Klister NL's Gamercard
I have to say this game is horrid. It may be just my xbox that is effing up, but the sound just has a constant hickup. I can live with the annoying clunky controls, but the sound is just making me pull out my hair (which I have none). Even if I turn off the music and effects, the dialogues still have hickups. Is this just me?