PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V > GTA Online
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-15-2014, 05:43 PM   #1
cjdavies

cjdavies82's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Maintenace 9PM EST

GTA Online will be down from 9PM EST tonight:
http://www.rockstargames.com/newswir...ce-period.html
Old 01-15-2014, 05:47 PM   #2
Puppys

Send a message via Skype™ to Puppys

x1001x Puppys's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 2   Staff Club - KillerBEA   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Donator - Level 2   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 40 (more» ...)
Wow, up to 24 hours? Must be that huge money purge everyone has been expecting.
Puppys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 05:47 PM   #3
Flibbity Floid

Deadpool Psycko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Hmmm. If they're shutting down for Maintenance, I'd like to hope it's for their starting to integrate Heists Online.
Nothing officially announced other than the downed servers at the times.
Back to How To Survive it seems

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1001puppys
Wow, up to 24 hours? Must be that huge money purge everyone has been expecting.
...Or that possibly haha.

My Extra Life Fundraiser Page - http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?...ipantID=101865 -
Flibbity Floid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 06:44 PM   #4
Fishman

Jfishman2007's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Well damn, now I don't have an excuse not to work .

I hope it's for something worth it. Removing hacked cash, prep for an update, cool new feature, etc.. I guess we will find out soon enough.
Fishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:16 PM   #5
Barad

Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Undergraduate Status: Doing a raid
Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Achievement Guide - Emerald   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester
Total Awards: 24 (more» ...)
Millions of brats across the globe are about to get a little surprise.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:30 PM   #6
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Tri-Gamer Tournament - Champion   Community Gaming - Bronze   XBA Representer   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Hopefully when it comes back online, everyone's inflated wallets should be back to normal. If they can shut out the DNS issue once and for all, that would be nice too.

Dirty130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:12 PM   #7
Direkin

Direkin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shinobi273   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Let's hope it is heists. Getting a bit bored with the available missions as it is. And yeah, it would be nice to see modded money gone for good too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabba View Post
The mirror is staring right at the post which reads you are............. So hilarious that english makes them their posting.... Well done cheevo for confirming that you....... You must be drunk to not realise that or just another incoherent fool..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
heh...don't try to reason with the masses my friend, tis a waste of time
Direkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:35 PM   #8
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Tri-Gamer Tournament - Champion   Community Gaming - Bronze   XBA Representer   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direkin View Post
Let's hope it is heists.
While I'm convinced it's money removal and possibly more anti cheat/mod/hacking measures, I'd prefer it to be heists!

Old 01-15-2014, 10:50 PM   #9
ServeChilled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty130 View Post
While I'm convinced it's money removal and possibly more anti cheat/mod/hacking measures, I'd prefer it to be heists!

That put's me at -20mil. hahahahhahaaa

"For Those About To Rock"

ServeChilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:00 PM   #10
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ServeChilled View Post
That put's me at -20mil. hahahahhahaaa
Hey, don't worry. Two days from now there will probably be another, if not the same money exploit happening and you will get all you money back again. I want to see if they take away all the ill gotten RP from those exploitable missions too.

Old 01-15-2014, 11:20 PM   #11
ServeChilled

Quote:
Hey, don't worry. Two days from now there will probably be another, if not the same money exploit happening and you will get all you money back again. I want to see if they take away all the ill gotten RP from those exploitable missions too.

I didn't partake in those shenanigans. At rank 215 I didn't see the point. Had I been close to 1000 I would have went for the max (rank). Do I dare ask if you got there? lol And yeah, give it a few hours and someone will come with a mod where your car blows hundy dollar bills out the tail pipe.

"For Those About To Rock"

ServeChilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:59 PM   #12
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ServeChilled View Post
I didn't partake in those shenanigans. At rank 215 I didn't see the point. Had I been close to 1000 I would have went for the max (rank). Do I dare ask if you got there? lol And yeah, give it a few hours and someone will come with a mod where your car blows hundy dollar bills out the tail pipe.
Chilled, you can ask anything you want. I fell short of 1000 intentionally. Don't want to make it that obvious with a 4 digit rank. I think my highest character is 996. They really should remove all the ill gotten RP/Rank Levels along with the 'cash fix'.

Old 01-16-2014, 03:22 AM   #13
InsaneKane87

InSAn3 KAn3's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I really doubt it's heists. Maybe they are doing the reasonable thing, fixing the major issues first. Patch 1.09 was to fix more exploits, so now this only seems right to be removing the money, since the patch itself didn't do that. I'm not expecting heists anytime soon, but would be greatly surprised by tomorrow night if that's what this is for. I just wonder how much they will remove. I guess I'll have to ask my friends, since I wasn't one to get the $$$ and spend it on so much.

Last edited by InsaneKane87; 01-16-2014 at 03:27 AM.
InsaneKane87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 07:15 AM   #14
iBuzz7S

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Now, if only they showed the same attention to GTA IV, that games online wouldn't be as messed up as it has been for over 3 years.

iBuzz7S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:28 AM   #15
Puppys

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 2   Staff Club - KillerBEA   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Donator - Level 2   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - troy0891
Guys, I'd be VERY surprised if it was heists.

Although when was the last time we got a big surprise from any video game???
Old 01-16-2014, 10:06 AM   #16
Direkin

Direkin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shinobi273   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Completely forgot about the maintenance, and wondered why the game said I had to complete to prologue before joining online. *facepalm*
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1001puppys View Post

Hrm... You mean in a good way?

Quote:
The mirror is staring right at the post which reads you are............. So hilarious that english makes them their posting.... Well done cheevo for confirming that you....... You must be drunk to not realise that or just another incoherent fool..
Quote:
Old 01-16-2014, 11:05 AM   #17
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBuzz7S View Post
Now, if only they showed the same attention to GTA IV, that games online wouldn't be as messed up as it has been for over 3 years.
GTAIV.. Can't even go near public game modes in that.

Old 01-16-2014, 11:48 AM   #18
jswartz0181

Send a message via AIM to jswartz0181 Send a message via MSN to jswartz0181 Send a message via Yahoo to jswartz0181

JSwartz0181's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Well, I just checked my SC stats, and my unwanted money is gone! Unfortunately, my money breakdown is still screwed up. I did the math a while ago, and at a conservative $250k per night, it'll take me 30 years to get the shared money percentage down to a "respectable" amount.
jswartz0181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 11:52 AM   #19
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswartz0181 View Post
Well, I just checked my SC stats, and my unwanted money is gone! Unfortunately, my money breakdown is still screwed up. I did the math a while ago, and at a conservative $250k per night, it'll take me 30 years to get the shared money percentage down to a "respectable" amount.
Come tomorrow, that might be fixed too. I've had no changes to my GTA online profile so far (looking at the SC)

Old 01-16-2014, 02:38 PM   #20
Flibbity Floid

Quote:

This strikes me as People are setting expectations WAY too high. Not you or anyone in particular but the reason I tend to enjoy games, even problematic is b/c I keep expectations low. I've gone into so many games, LOTR: Conquest for one, based on the merit of the Dev and previous products. Since then, even with a franchise I adore, I'm all like "Meh". It's why I loved AC: Black Flag over AC3. At first I was very excited but remembering the impatient "grind" of 3 just to get to Connor made me realize it could happen again. Luckily it didn't.

I still say Red Dead Redemptions entire story and ending (The REAL ending. I ignore anything past the, as my pal referred to it "Face Melting Final Scene". Thankfully I cleaned up as much as possible on my first run. Using Jack was just mind-numbingly annoying lol.

My Extra Life Fundraiser Page - http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?...ipantID=101865 -
Old 01-16-2014, 02:49 PM   #21
Direkin

Direkin's Gamercard

Quote:
GTAIV.. Can't even go near public game modes in that.
Oh yeah, I heard public lobbies was pretty screwed up. Can't remember the details, but it doesn't matter much at this point; not sure I even have the game anymore.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-16-2014, 02:50 PM   #22
Flibbity Floid

Quote:
Oh yeah, I heard public lobbies was pretty screwed up. Can't remember the details, but it doesn't matter much at this point; not sure I even have the game anymore.
Screwed Up is a term to use hahaha. I recall seeing a vehicle that literally looked like 2 jammed into one. Some were inaccessible and definitely Invincible cars/players.

That was like 2-3 weeks prior to GTAV though. I'm just gonna toss it back in for TBOGT.

Also, just so everyone knows - The Maintenance Period is over Just saw this on Twitter:

"Rockstar Games ‏@RockstarGames
GTA Online update - today’s scheduled maintenance has been completed and the game is now back up and running. Thx all for your patience."

Last edited by Flibbity Floid; 01-16-2014 at 02:59 PM.
Old 01-16-2014, 04:12 PM   #23
Puppys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flibbity Floid View Post
This strikes me as People are setting expectations WAY too high. Not you or anyone in particular but the reason I tend to enjoy games, even problematic is b/c I keep expectations low. I've gone into so many games, LOTR: Conquest for one, based on the merit of the Dev and previous products. Since then, even with a franchise I adore, I'm all like "Meh". It's why I loved AC: Black Flag over AC3. At first I was very excited but remembering the impatient "grind" of 3 just to get to Connor made me realize it could happen again. Luckily it didn't.

I still say Red Dead Redemptions entire story and ending (The REAL ending. I ignore anything past the, as my pal referred to it "Face Melting Final Scene". Thankfully I cleaned up as much as possible on my first run. Using Jack was just mind-numbingly annoying lol.
What I mean is, when is the last time a game was like "yeah, it's coming" and then without 12 trailers and 10 reveals, they suddenly gift it to the public as a surprise.
Old 01-16-2014, 04:23 PM   #24
Flibbity Floid

Quote:
What I mean is, when is the last time a game was like "yeah, it's coming" and then without 12 trailers and 10 reveals, they suddenly gift it to the public as a surprise.
I see what you mean. Look at poor Valve fans waiting desperately for a new Half-Life and Counterstrike...but I think the latter was recently announced.

At least with R*, they haven't been saving it and then dropping it later with a price of some sort.

To me, while I DO like a bunch of releases to maximize my options, I do wish most developers would take on ONE project at a time.

Old 01-16-2014, 08:18 PM   #25
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Yeah, it's a shame. I don't even know anyone that will play it anymore due to all the modded lobbies, etc that go on in that game. I guess with V out, IV just doesn't matter any more. It's similar, but not near as bad as GTAIV in RDR these days. It's hard to find a game where there aren't at least 1 player or a small group that are invincible. Least you can still play poker..