PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-15-2014, 07:48 PM   #1
Flibbity Floid

Deadpool Psycko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Single Player DLC

Most assumptions for DLC so far seem to aim towards going back to North Yankton given the glitch to "get in" as well as the coding dug up by hackers.

Rockstar has rarely failed at quality DLC and while I bought but never got around to The Ballad of Gay Tony, the response was a far cry from bad. I adored the gritty look and feel to Lost and the Damned and the character trade was an interesting turn. Even better they added Klebitz into the GTAV story.

Being a Zombie fanatic at heart, I loved the Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare for many reasons aside from being quality and going in a complete supernatural direction. Many would cry the Zombie motif is being overused but that's just an opinion. Every company finds a way to capitalize on something currently in the "Hot" category at the time. Most games that have featured Zombies in a modern setting haven't hit the scale GTAV/Online could gain from this.
I would prefer such an addition more for the SP given the bugs and teetering of the Online portion. Although, it would be a trip to pal around with a bunch of buddies in a souped up vehicle mowing through droves of the undead

Thoughts/ideas on the subject matter? Details would be very welcome

Content Contributor & Event Manager @ http://comicgamers.com/index.php
Flibbity Floid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:52 PM   #2
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   XBA Promoter   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Any single player DLC of the same quality as GTAIV would be awesome. I think the CJ/Franklin thing is almost a given. I'd like to see Tommy in a DLC, but I don't see that happening.

A DLC playing as Floyd and his gang of numbnuts would be entertaining! I'd take him to the tattooist and have all his facial piercings removed!

Dirty130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:00 PM   #3
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Staff Club - rekikire   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Artist of the Month   Community Gaming - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
As far as I'm aware, people are still asking R* for a Zombie Free Roam for Red Dead, so they have to know people would want it for GTAO. Especially since R* themselves sanctioned a player-designed mod for GTAIV that added zombies (PC only, unfortunately).

The closest you could get in Red Dead was quitting out of the Undead Overrun in Blackwater Chapel and it'd bring zombies with you back to Free Roam. However, there were only so many and they were nigh invincible, so it wasn't really what people were looking for.

Clearly the interest is there, so I'm not sure why R* hasn't tried to make any of this legitimately.

Oh, and you should check out The Ballad of Gay Tony, it's actually quite good.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:05 PM   #4
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   XBA Promoter   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts
Hell yeah, add zombies to free roam! I'd just sit in my tank and watch the chaos unfold!

Edit: That zombie PC mod should be transferred over to V's free roam!

Old 01-15-2014, 09:07 PM   #5
Flibbity Floid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Frost View Post
As far as I'm aware, people are still asking R* for a Zombie Free Roam for Red Dead, so they have to know people would want it for GTAO. Especially since R* themselves sanctioned a player-designed mod for GTAIV that added zombies (PC only, unfortunately).

The closest you could get in Red Dead was quitting out of the Undead Overrun in Blackwater Chapel and it'd bring zombies with you back to Free Roam. However, there were only so many and they were nigh invincible, so it wasn't really what people were looking for.

Clearly the interest is there, so I'm not sure why R* hasn't tried to make any of this legitimately.

Oh, and you should check out The Ballad of Gay Tony, it's actually quite good.
Didn't know that about the PC version. Interesting though. A horde of zombies roaming the streets would be pretty epic methinks.

I know I know! I still have to start Sleeping Dogs, Singularity, Shoot Many Robots and a few others on my backlog. End of the year into the beginning is where I lull on gaming some. I'm having some nice vacation time coming up so I'll try to jump on TBOGT then.

Old 01-15-2014, 09:47 PM   #6
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Staff Club - rekikire   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Artist of the Month   Community Gaming - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Here's that GTAIV Zombie Mod, if you're interested (again, PC only!):

Old 01-15-2014, 10:31 PM   #7
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

If they could incorporate that zombie mod into a survival map I'd go nuts!

Old 01-16-2014, 10:42 PM   #8
ginge88isfun

Send a message via Skype™ to ginge88isfun

Ginge88isfun's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty130 View Post
If they could incorporate that zombie mod into a survival map I'd go nuts!
That would be epic.
ginge88isfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:52 PM   #9
Barad
Back from Dubai!

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Not a fan of incorporating zombies into GTA, zombie freeroam in Red Dead would truly be amazing though on the other hand. As for SP DLC for this game, they should just make a completely new character and base the DLC around his/her story like they did with the two GTA IV DLC's, and of course link them to the main character of this game. Gay Tony being one of my favourite DLC's ever, while Lost & Damned was Ok, Rockstar would do a class job at it. They just need time to come up with an interesting character and quality story/missions I guess.

If they end up doing all Online DLC, I'm going to rip open.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 11:00 PM   #10
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barad View Post
Not a fan of incorporating zombies into GTA, zombie freeroam in Red Dead would truly be amazing though on the other hand. As for SP DLC for this game, they should just make a completely new character and base the DLC around his/her story like they did with the two GTA IV DLC's, and of course link them to the main character of this game. Gay Tony being one of my favourite DLC's ever, while Lost & Damned was Ok, Rockstar would do a class job at it. They just need time to come up with an interesting character and quality story/missions I guess.

I mean, going on that theory we could have 20 single player DLCs. So many awesome possibilities. Don't get me started.. I'd pay $10 a month for a new character and missions. If they kept the quality at the standard we've come to expect, I'd be in heaven.

Old 01-17-2014, 03:00 PM   #11
Flibbity Floid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barad View Post

I think they went different character routes in IV b/c let's face it, Niko was highly unlikable. I still say Vercetti and CJ were their strongest characters up until these 3 and the success is basically that Michael is kind of a retired Vercetti and Franklin is like an up and coming CJ - Opposite ends of the spectrum and it worked very well.
TBH, I'd like to see them play their hand again at "doing something a little different" like they tried (and plummeted with) on the GTAOnline for SP DLC. A new character but still include missions for 2 other characters or maybe just Franklin to switch to. Keep that "open-ended" feel with multiple characters. I would love it but it would be way too much to include more than one new multiple character at a time.
But I agree if going any of the routes to make sure characterization is up to par with the last trio.

Old 01-18-2014, 06:04 AM   #12
BiggD
Hiatuses Are Overrated

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Why does everyone have such a fascination with zombies? Zombies in GTA would be horrid. I doubt it will happen and if it does, that's beyond lame.

----

I'd rather Rockstar not develop an entirely new character for DLC. The whole point of the game was to play as and experience events as this trio of losers. Have the DLC following even more of their crazy antics. Or if they focus on post-game events of only one character, go with Franklin given he technically is the main character of the three.

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!

Last edited by BiggD; 01-18-2014 at 06:06 AM.
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 06:14 AM   #13
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

While the zombie mod would be cool, I don't want that to replace a full fledged single player DLC piece. I'd prefer they didn't focus any DLC on Franklin unless it includes CJ in someway. A big way.

A co-op DLC story pack would be my biggest ask. Please and thank you R*

Old 01-18-2014, 07:17 AM   #14
Puppys
Running Save Mode

Send a message via Skype™ to Puppys

x1001x Puppys's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Donator - Level 2   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - troy0891   Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal
Total Awards: 37 (more» ...)
I personally just want to see good, quality DLC. Preferably with Trevor so I can continue laughing hysterically at the game
Old 01-18-2014, 07:17 AM   #15
BiggD
Hiatuses Are Overrated

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Quote:
While the zombie mod would be cool, I don't want that to replace a full fledged single player DLC piece. I'd prefer they didn't focus any DLC on Franklin unless it includes CJ in someway. A big way.

Leave old characters in the past, I say. People need to forget about what worked in GTA IV and characters from other GTA's and focus on the trio of GTA V instead

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1001Puppys
Trevor
I don't know why people like him so much :/ I didn't find him as enjoyable as others make him out to be. He's annoying more than anything!

Old 01-18-2014, 07:18 AM   #16
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Quote:
While the zombie mod would be cool, I don't want that to replace a full fledged single player DLC piece.
Whoa, whoa! No one was suggesting this at all!

Quote:
I think the closest thing you're going to get to that will be the heists. Well, if/when those ever get added to the game.
Old 01-18-2014, 10:46 AM   #17
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Leave old characters in the past, I say. People need to forget about what worked in GTA IV and characters from other GTA's and focus on the trio of GTA V instead
I only say to include CJ because I feel we're getting a Franklin DLC no matter what. And if so I'm hoping CJ appears. I'd prefer Franklin didn't appear in the DLC full stop. I vote for a Floyd DLC mission pack which touches on his 'highlights' leading up to meeting Trevor for the first time. It'd be stupid as fuck, I can almost guarantee it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Frost View Post
Whoa, whoa! No one was suggesting this at all!
No, no I got that. Appreciate you posting the video. Maybe for Halloween they could make pedestrians zombies for a day like they made it snow. That would be sweet!

Old 01-18-2014, 03:54 PM   #18
That Guy!!

oDs I WoLFZz x's Gamercard
Quote:

The only way CJ could be included in any GTA5 DLCs is if, under the army base, there is a machine which allows you to jump between universes to allow CJ to enter the HD universe which he isn't currently in.

Hopefully he would bring the jetpack with him aswell.
That Guy!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 06:32 PM   #19
Puppys
Running Save Mode

Send a message via Skype™ to Puppys

x1001x Puppys's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Donator - Level 2   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - troy0891   Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal
Total Awards: 37 (more» ...)
Quote:

I don't know why people like him so much :/ I didn't find him as enjoyable as others make him out to be. He's annoying more than anything!
Something called personal opinion, man.

I would actually love to see Niko incorporated somewhere... since he got referenced a lot in the story.
Old 01-18-2014, 07:09 PM   #20
Flibbity Floid

Quote:

Firstly, I've always been a zombie fanatic. They're of the few horror elements that attack in hordes. Just as well, I dig apocalyptic scenarios and they go hand in hand. I have books upon books of zombie anthologies and sometimes I'd like the survival notion in certain games. Not always but I've always wanted a true zombie sandbox akin to AC. GTA would just fit for me bc of the moden apocalypse environment.

I do agree on the sticking with the current players or those based around them for DLC. Mainly they'd have to if at all rehire actors and so on. Surprised they got Packie back but he wasn't even close to a known VA.

I just liked Trevor being his character was something different. I dug Mike more given his similarity to Vercetti. I coulda done without the son or basically Jonah Hill playing Jonah Hill lol. I do wish they didn't make Trevor so "into" Michael at times. The Hipster convo is still the best tho

Old 01-18-2014, 08:06 PM   #21
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy!! View Post
The only way CJ could be included in any GTA5 DLCs is if, under the army base, there is a machine which allows you to jump between universes to allow CJ to enter the HD universe which he isn't currently in.

Hopefully he would bring the jetpack with him aswell.
I don't care all that much for the jetpack, but I truly wonder what CJ would think being reanimated in HD.

Old 01-19-2014, 12:08 AM   #22
BiggD
Hiatuses Are Overrated

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1001puppys View Post

I would actually love to see Niko incorporated somewhere... since he got referenced a lot in the story.
What's an opinion?

Old 01-28-2014, 03:31 AM   #23
elliotchh

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1001puppys View Post

i also like to see old character appear in the game. whatever how they appear, but zombie idea is really awesome !!
elliotchh is offline   Reply With Quote