PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Community and Events > Community Blogs
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-19-2014, 07:14 AM   #1
KillerBEA
The Inquisition

Send a message via Skype™ to KillerBEA

KillerBEA XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Community Gaming - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA
Total Awards: 27 (more» ...)
BEA's Blog: Welcome to the Hive

Table of Contents:

January 19th- Introductions
January 20th- Clubbing With The Staff
January 21th- 30 years of Franchise?
January 22nd- Awards?! AWARDS!!!
January 26th- Adventures in Potato Land #1: Snow Sculptures
January 28th- These are a few of my favorite things
January 29th- Forum Trick of the Day #1
January 29th- Old Paper Online
January 30th- Forum Trick of Day #2
February 1st- Welcome to Hell/I Want to stab this game
February 2nd- Jumper is Dead & Job Hunt Has Started Again
February 7th- Bored of Monster Marbles
February 14th- Gaming Rut
February 15th- Fallen Gods
February 16th- The Time of Dragons
February 21st-A Quicky Blog of Goal Making
February 21st-Another RPG Enters Into the Mix
March 6th- The Dark Sign
April 4th- New Clubs to Aim For
April 20th- Behind the Wheel
May 7th- Like a Phoenix
May 12th- A Fighter's Fate
May 14th- Unlocking the 50 States of America
May 16th- Roll a 12 Sided Die for a +1-3 to Award Count
May 30th- Epiphany
June 15th- More Awards 2 Earn
June 16th- Look at What I Bought
June 22nd- The Reflection in the Smashed Rear View Mirror
June 28th- Kaleido-scoping
July 15th- A Challenge Club for Sun Tzu
July 17th- All Good Things Must Come to an End Eventually
July 23rd- Everynight Magic
July 26th- Awards?! Awards!! 2.0

Last edited by KillerBEA; 07-26-2014 at 08:48 PM.
KillerBEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:07 AM   #2
KillerBEA
The Inquisition

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Community Gaming - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA
Introductions

Gaming

Hello, and welcome to the hive. My name is Ben Adams a.k.a KillerBEA XBA; I prefer to be referred to as Ben or BEA though. I like videogames and anime. Been gaming since I was little; I was 5 or 6 when my parents brought home a new computer which came with a free copy of Age of Empires. I played the game quite a bit until my Siblings and I got an N64 for an early Christmas present from out Grandparents on our Dad's side. I also played quite a bit of spelling jungle. My brother and I got gameboy colors that Christmas as well; our older Sister already had one. For games on the N64 we got Mario Kart with the console, and then we got Super Mario 64 and Diddy Kong Racing at Christmas time.

Several years later, I get a PS2 and my brother gets a Gamecube. We did extra chores and saved our allowances for quite a few months to get get those bad boys. When I got the PS2, we picked up Kingdom Hearts and DBZ Budokai for games. For the Gamecube we picked up Super Mario Sunshine and the Legend of Zelda Master Quest disc. Even my Brother and I actually owned the consoles, we were usually pretty good about letting each other play on the console we wanted to play on.

The PS2 remains my favorite gaming console, because I what I was able to put up with because I had that console to come home to everyday during my worst year of school. I never did play a lot of different games on it; I mainly played DBZ games, Soul Calibur 2, Kingdom Hearts series, Guitar Hero and yearly sports titles.

My Brother ended up buying an Original Xbox sometime after we got the PS2 and gamecube, and honestly we barely played it. We liked our other consoles much more. We had NBA Ballers (It was actually good unlike the 360 game) and Halo Combat Evolved, plus a few other games I can't remember. We ended up selling it without ever playing it all that much.

Fast forwarding a few years again. At this point I am 16 years old and I want a next gen gaming console. I couldn't get away with asking for it as a gift and I was way too old to still get allowances. So I got a job at a local Pizza Buffet called Double Dave's washing dishes in order to save up for my next console. At this point I hadn't decided whether I was gonna get an xbox 360 or continue to buy Sony consoles, and get a PS3. I had about $350 dollars saved up when Circuit posted a deal about buying an Xbox 360 and get a free year of xbox live. With the 360 ultimately being cheaper and this great deal on my hands, I chose xbox. I didn't hook up my xbox to live for about 5 or 6 months after I got it. In that 6 months, Bioshock and Halo 3 both came out. It was ultimately playing Halo 3 online at a cousin's house that got me to pay for a wireless adapter for my xbox.

And so on January 2nd, 2008 I brought home an adapter for my xbox and set up my live account so I could play Halo 3 online. It really is kinda silly how I ended up choosing my gamertag; back then I was really into Major League Gaming and I followed people like Tom 'T-squared' Taylor religiously. When I was trying to think of my gamertag, I thought about how he chose his based on his initials TT, so I thought it would be a good idea to mimic that by using my initials somehow, BEA. My Mom always had used my initials like that when giving me cute nicknames as a little kid; so I decided that BEA had to be a apart of my name. I wanted a 'tough' sounding adjective at the beginning so I chose Killer. So I tried just KillerBEA, but that was taken; so I tacked on 3991 at the end because that is my Birthday. And so KillerBEA3991 was born. I changed my gamertag to KillerBEA X when I hit 50k gamerscore and then I became KillerBEA107 when I started a new tag on May 7th, 2011. On January 15th of this year I changed my gamertag to KillerBEA XBA, to become a site representer with my tag.

Anime
I got started on anime with Pokemon in first grade and then I started watching Toonami on Cartoon Network sometime later; where I learned to like Inuyasha, Dragon Ball Z, Ronin Warriors, Gundam Wing, Gundam Fighter, Yu Yu Hakusho, and Zoids. I also started watching Yu-gi-oh when that first started airing in 2001. The following March is when we first noticed the cards had come out for yu-gi-oh. That started nearly 8 years of collecting the cards and going to tournaments, both hobby league at places like Toys R Us and Hastings, and Regional Tournaments where I would make weekend trips to Houston and Waco Texas to compete.

Twice for several years I stopped watching anime completely, once in middle school and once in high school. I was more focused on gaming and school at the time. About 2 years ago I started watching anime again, because my brother had bought me a Gundam Wing DVD set as a birthday present. It got me back into liking anime again. Since then I have grown a bit addicted to it. I really like Shounen Action shows like DBZ and Yu Yu Hakusho as thats what I grew up watching and loving. This brought shows like Naruto, One Piece and Fairy Tail to my attention when I started watching again. Stuff like Code Geass also really helped keep my interest since it reminded me of Gundam in a lot of ways. I am not too keen on watching a bunch of random shows I don;t care for just because its anime. I try to pick through and only watch things that I think I will like. Which means lots of shiny fights and giant mech armor. Some of my more recent favorites are Fairy Tail and Hunter x Hunter.

Last edited by KillerBEA; 02-17-2014 at 06:18 AM.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:17 AM   #3
KillerBEA
The Inquisition

Clubbing With The Staff

Currently Working on:

A list of all the staff clubs, and the games in them are in the spoiler tag.
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Last edited by KillerBEA; 07-22-2014 at 03:04 AM.
Old 01-21-2014, 07:05 AM   #4
KillerBEA
The Inquisition

30 Years of franchise?

Working on:
Toilet Bowl Tier 2, Adhere to the Creed all 3 tiers, Best of XBLA Tier 1, Can this make Phone Calls Tier 1, Tier 2 Fight Club and You are the Controller Tier 1

A list of all the franchise and challenge clubs, and the games in them are in the spoiler tag

Last edited by KillerBEA; 07-22-2014 at 03:06 AM.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:10 AM   #5
KillerBEA
The Inquisition

Awards?! AWARDS!!!

So its no secret I like site awards, hell I have 21 of them; one them being a staff badge and the other being my staff club. I am recently set a goal to catch up to Capn Doug and Creech in terms of number of awards; I think they have 32 and 33 awards respectively. I have my work cut out for me if I ever want to truly catch them. I have 14 awards I am working towards right now, plan on working on or I just need to buy a 3 hour game to get. Those 14 are just based on playing and completing games as well; I am also trying to get several stuff based actually on site activity. Those being the referral award, greenbook, and artist of the month. I would like to get the A+ award someday, but I don't see that happening any time soon unfortunately.

On top of increasing the sheer quantity of my awards, I am also attempting to increase the quality of several of them. If I can upgrade my awards then I plan to do so. Post count isn't something I particularly aim for, for me its something that comes naturally with seeing conversations to jump in on, or if I am attempting to strike up a specific type of conversation. It also comes naturally with doing achievement guides and subsidiary guides.

Speaking of writing guides, its actually my favorite way of contributing to the site. With an update to the award system a while back, they added more awards for having guides published to the site. Top tier guide awards are for 30 published of guides, roadmaps and micro guides. I would write guides even if the awards didn't exist, I just love making something that helps people out. Thats beside the point, I am working to get the awards for doing 30 of each. It will take me a while to get there, since I go to great lengths to make awesome guides and roadmaps. I don't rip through writing guides just for the sake of awards, I do my best to do each guide proper justice.

I currently have 9 guides, 15 roadmaps and 11 Micro guides(DLC, fun labs, sport gems). I personally feel as though I should lose 2 micro guide credits, since between 3 DLCs I wrote 6 short sentences. 4 of which are identical. Personally feel I have 9 Micro guides, even though I have credit for 11 because of that.

All of these award goals are gonna keep me busy for all of this year plus 2015 and maybe even 2016; but I ain't giving up. I am coming for you Doug and Creech

Awards I am working on, or am planning on doing soonish and ones I just plain want:

Bplayak's, Madhatter's, Deg's, Gackt's, Inebriated Jedi's, Pants', Rajeanero's, Nozza, Mango, Never Final's, Shinobi, Toilet Bowl Tier 1, I can read! Tier 2, Adhere to the Creed all 3 tiers, Best of XBLA Tier 1, Can this make Phone Calls Tier 1 and Tier 2, You are the Controller Tier 1, Diamond Guide, Diamond Roadmap , Diamond Micro guides, Referral bronze, A+ thread, 5k posts (10k is unrealistic to expect anytime soon), Community gaming Diamond, Overachiever Gold, and arcade crazy gold. Thats not all of the ones I want, but thats most of them helping hand would be nice too, but I honestly don't expect to get it

Last edited by KillerBEA; 07-26-2014 at 07:23 PM.
Old 01-22-2014, 11:10 AM   #6
Skorpion XBA
Guide Team

Skorpion XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Gold   Subscriber - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 3   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Road Map - Gold
Total Awards: 36 (more» ...)
TriRock is one you have to watch out for also. I believe he has 31 awards last time I checked. Good read BEA!
Old 01-22-2014, 02:41 PM   #7
exit9500
Duck Face Freedom Warrior

exit9500's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 3   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Tri-Gamer Tournament - 2nd Round Runner Up   Community Gaming - Platinum   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Arcade Crazy - Silver   VGO Silver Medal   Staff - Community and Events Team   Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Silver   Micro Guide - Silver   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBEA View Post
Awards I am working on, or am planning on doing soonish and ones I just plain want:

Bplayak's, Madhatter's, Deg's, Gackt's, Inebriated Jedi's, Pants', Rajeanero's, Nozza, Mango, Never Final's, Shinobi, Toilet Bowl Tier 1, I can read! Tier 2, Adhere to the Creed all 3 tiers, Best of XBLA Tier 1, Can this make Phone Calls Tier 1 and Tier 2, You are the Controller Tier 1, Diamond Guide, Diamond Roadmap , Diamond Micro guides, Referral bronze, A+ thread, 5k posts (10k is unrealistic to expect anytime soon), Community gaming Diamond, Overachiever Gold, and arcade crazy gold. Thats not all of the ones I want, but thats most of them helping hand would be nice too, but I honestly don't expect to get it
Am I the only one that wants Covert's Award. Probably will never get it but still. Also for the helping hand, looking at the nominations, you and Grifter are the closest to getting them that don't already have them. Just keep going and you will probably get it soon or later.

Also how is the anime of Hunter x Hunter. I've read the manga but I'm not sure how it would translate to anime for this one.

We don't expect much just perfection!
Time Jumps into the Endless Darkness of Night
The Great, Big, Cuddly, and Adorable Creechlina
Join the War Efforts Against the Enemy of Us ALL
exit9500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 05:36 PM   #8
Puppys
Dawn of the Final Day

Send a message via Skype™ to Puppys

x1001x Puppys's Gamercard

Awards Showcase RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 2   Staff Club - KillerBEA   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Donator - Level 2   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - troy0891   Community Gaming - Silver
Total Awards: 39 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorpion XBA View Post
TriRock is one you have to watch out for also. I believe he has 31 awards last time I checked. Good read BEA!
Was about to mention this. That guy is a staff club beast

Good read BEA, I may follow your style if I get around to creating a blog.

20 Destiny raid clears with a Titan and I'm still not level 30. Isn't RNG the best???
Puppys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 05:43 PM   #9
BiggD
9 Days Until Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
BEA, my friend, I find myself fond of this little blog you have going. The introduction was a good read.

I was going to make one last night, but the format that seems to be popular (listing your staff/challenge club process) wouldn't be beneficial for me as I'm on a new account, so I'm not sure what mine would consist of.

Either way, keep being you. I like you.

Also, good luck catching up to me and Corrupt for Micro - Diamond

Thanks to Xerofox for the romantically rambunctious signature!

Currently Playing: The Waiting Game...
~ 9 DAYS ~
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 07:12 PM   #10
Creech
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Creech

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Administrator   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 2   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 40 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by exit9500 View Post
Am I the only one that wants Covert's Award. Probably will never get it but still.
Covert, Andrew, and bplayak are the three on my radar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
BEA, my friend, I find myself fond of this little blog you have going. The introduction was a good read.

I was going to make one last night, but the format that seems to be popular (listing your staff/challenge club process) wouldn't be beneficial for me as I'm on a new account, so I'm not sure what mine would consist of.

Don't feel like a list is the way to go. The most interesting blogs are ones that tell a story about the writer or their life.

Awake, Alert, & Enthusiastic!
The Silicon Rule: If the product is free, then you are the product.
Creech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 07:16 PM   #11
dakisbac

Send a message via Skype™ to dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Gold Medal   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Third Place   Staff Club - dakisbac   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
Don't feel like a list is the way to go. The most interesting blogs are ones that tell a story about the writer or their life.
I feel like the lists are more for the author than anyone else - this is the case for me - so stories or blogs come later
dakisbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 11:54 PM   #12
KillerBEA
The Inquisition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorpion XBA View Post
Yeah, he got more recently putting him at 30 or 31. Hes gonna be tough to beat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by exit9500 View Post
Am I the only one that wants Covert's Award. Probably will never get it but still. Also for the helping hand, looking at the nominations, you and Grifter are the closest to getting them that don't already have them. Just keep going and you will probably get it soon or later.

Also how is the anime of Hunter x Hunter. I've read the manga but I'm not sure how it would translate to anime for this one.
Flight sims make me literally motion sick to the point I want to throw up. Thats the main reason I am not going for his staff club.

I love the Hunter x Hunter (2011) anime, honestly its probably my favorite anime EVER. Everything about it is really good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1001puppys View Post
Was about to mention this. That guy is a staff club beast

Good read BEA, I may follow your style if I get around to creating a blog.
Thanks Puppys

Quote:

Thanks BiggD. I used the staff club and challenge club list as a jumping off point and I am going to use it as a point of reference when I am talking about the games or the clubs in later blog posts. You could just talk about yourself outside of gaming, and/or you could talk about what you're playing or what you plan to play, or what you're excited for this year.

Oh I will get there, maybe even this year since there are not many new games on my radar this year.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakisbac View Post
I feel like the lists are more for the author than anyone else - this is the case for me - so stories or blogs come later
Like I mentioned above to D, I put them there so people can have something to reference when they read my posts about the staff clubs or the challenge clubs.

Thats the major reason I put my gaming history up before any lists. To show that I am going to do more than make lists. I have a few planned blog posts, I figured a quick blog post talking about awards after making those 2 lists was probably the way to go, since that would bring a little more context for why I posted them. I have at least 3 topics that I am planning to right about; particularly collecting, favorite genres, and a blog about where I am in life and where I think I am headed.

The primary topic here will be what I am playing and why I am playing it; but there will be some more personal things going in here too. So stayed tuned as I actually have tons to talk about.

I put the 2 lists in spoiler tags, so that they don't take up so much screen space unless people want to look at them.

Last edited by KillerBEA; 01-22-2014 at 11:59 PM.
Old 01-23-2014, 04:04 AM   #13
BiggD
9 Days Until Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks BiggD. I used the staff club and challenge club list as a jumping off point and I am going to use it as a point of reference when I am talking about the games or the clubs in later blog posts. You could just talk about yourself outside of gaming, and/or you could talk about what you're playing or what you plan to play, or what you're excited for this year.
Right on fellas. I've never blogged before, but I love writing, so I'm sure my fingers and mind will work together to spruce up something this week.

And BEA, that's how I am with the retail Achievement Guide award and Roadmap award. I'm hoping to bang out Thief, Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeros (Xbox One), The Witcher 3, Watch Dogs, Destiny, and whichever the next Halo game is just in this year alone

~ 9 DAYS ~
Old 01-23-2014, 02:24 PM   #14
jackanape
Duchess Gummybuns

jackanape's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shiftie   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - rekikire   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff - Super Moderator   Road Map - Platinum   A+ Thread Award   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - TemporalWizard
Total Awards: 38 (more» ...)
I couldn't have you overtaking me in terms of awards, so I submitted all of the clubs/challenges I should be a part of today. That's six more awards to take me to 28 total.

I think I'll go ahead and crush Creech and Doug and give you a real goal to aim for, mwa ha ha ha!

jackanape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 04:47 PM   #15
Capn Doug
Community and Events Lead

Capn Doug XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Ceris   Staff Club - rekikire   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Arcade Crazy - Platinum   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 2   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 50 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackanape View Post
I couldn't have you overtaking me in terms of awards, so I submitted all of the clubs/challenges I should be a part of today. That's six more awards to take me to 28 total.

I think I'll go ahead and crush Creech and Doug and give you a real goal to aim for, mwa ha ha ha!
Bring it! I think I have four or five awards where I am just a game away, so it's just a matter of getting off my ass and doing it.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:49 PM   #16
KillerBEA
The Inquisition

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackanape View Post

Your making me want to spend money I don't have right now. Guess its time to get over myself and finish Jumper and Monkey Island so I can start shrinking that gap again.

Lets see, my gaming shopping list for Monday is now:
Monopoly, Trivial pursuit, Doodle God, and Roll in the Hole for the windows phone; and Maji Ten for the xbox. If I have extra gaming money left over, Stacking's DLC.

Quote:
Right on fellas. I've never blogged before, but I love writing, so I'm sure my fingers and mind will work together to spruce up something this week.

And BEA, that's how I am with the retail Achievement Guide award and Roadmap award. I'm hoping to bang out Thief, Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeros (Xbox One), The Witcher 3, Watch Dogs, Destiny, and whichever the next Halo game is just in this year alone
Dark Souls 2, Elder Scrolls Online and Dragon Age Inquisition I have tentatively planned to write guides for given that I am able to set aside the time to not only play the game, but write comprehensive guides.

Last edited by KillerBEA; 01-23-2014 at 10:52 PM.
Old 01-24-2014, 02:05 AM   #17
BiggD
9 Days Until Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Dark Souls 2, Elder Scrolls Online and Dragon Age Inquisition I have tentatively planned to write guides for given that I am able to set aside the time to not only play the game, but write comprehensive guides.
That's a nice line-up. TESO is probably going to be massive with updates up the ass like every night and day. Dark Souls 2 achievement list looks so basic, but it'll probably have lots of info. Don't know anything about Dragon Age!

~ 9 DAYS ~
Old 01-24-2014, 02:15 AM   #18
KillerBEA
The Inquisition

Quote:
That's a nice line-up. TESO is probably going to be massive with updates up the ass like every night and day. Dark Souls 2 achievement list looks so basic, but it'll probably have lots of info. Don't know anything about Dragon Age!
The thing with Dark Souls II's list is that while it may look basic, lots of information will need to go into like you said. I have a roadmap in my head of what I am going to do guide wise for that game. Whether or not I do it, depends on my work load at the time. I imagine TES:O will be a beast to complete, being an MMO and all. Inquisition, I don't know what to think of it achievement wise yet; but neither Dragon Age game is all that difficult. So I imagine that Inquisition won't be any different.

I almost forgot, since the game is really flying under the radar, but Lords of the Fallen is also in my line up for the year. It sounds so good. Bound by flames also looks good, but I haven't had a chance to really look into it yet.

So much RPG goodness coming this year

Last edited by KillerBEA; 01-24-2014 at 02:18 AM.
Old 01-24-2014, 02:19 AM   #19
BiggD
9 Days Until Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
I almost forgot, since the game is really flying under the radar, but Lords of the Fallen is also in my line up for the year. It sounds so good. Bound by flames also looks good, but I haven't had a chance to really look into it yet.

So much RPG goodness coming this year
Is that the new RPG, yeah? I need to read up more on that. The name in it of itself sounds intriguing and I think I saw some art for the game that sparked quick interest.

The Witcher 3 is the only RPG I need though Well, that, and the inevitable Fallout…whenever that comes out

~ 9 DAYS ~
Old 01-24-2014, 02:21 AM   #20
Slaughter XBA
CAPITAL LETTERS

Cpt Slaugh7er's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Is that the new RPG, yeah? I need to read up more on that. The name in it of itself sounds intriguing and I think I saw some art for the game that sparked quick interest.

The Witcher 3 is the only RPG I need though Well, that, and the inevitable Fallout…whenever that comes out
Refer to the link I posted on your wall.
Slaughter XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 02:32 AM   #21
KillerBEA
The Inquisition

Quote:

If I can get myself through The Witcher 2, I will get more excited about The Witcher 3. As of now it just looks like something I will pick up a little down the road. Still looks like a solid and entertaining game.
Bound by Flame
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/...ut-thatas-okay

Lords of the Fallen
http://www.vg247.com/2014/01/23/lord...vil-interview/

All this RPG chit hcat, gave me idea for a new signature, but that will have to wait til tomorrow most likely.

Last edited by KillerBEA; 01-24-2014 at 02:36 AM.
Old 01-27-2014, 04:43 AM   #22
KillerBEA
The Inquisition

Adventures in Potato Land #1: Snow Sculptures

So my Mom and Dad dragged me out to McCall Idaho for the Winter Festival. Basically its a festival about snow sculptures and food that is way too damn expensive for what you get. Not a whole lot to say, it was about a 1.5-2 hour drive each way. We saw some awesome sculptures (I have pics of a few of them) and I had some incredibly mediocre ribbon fries.

PICTURES:

The Nemo one was pretty cool and well detailed, it won second place (technically 3rd in my eyes since there was a grand prize above 1st place.) The Sphinx won the grand prize, and the first place entry was a outside bar made out of ice, all regular wiring and tech was incorporated.

This Angel was my personal favorite, it was huge, and it was well done. It won the "Most Photogenic" award. Which makes sense, since out of every other entry it had its picture taken the most. Always had tons of people taking pictures of it.

Honestly out of all the pictured I took, those were the best so those are the ones I am sharing. I can always find the other images a get them up if people want to see them. Can't see the details very well because of where the images were taken. so thats why I didn't bother.

and now...

...the moment you have been waiting for...

...THE MEDIOCRE FRIES!

Even with salt, hotsauce and ketchup these suckers were nothing to write home about. SO DAMN BLAND! Something is wrong with those potatoes if they still suck after adding the salt and condiments. Must be the oil they used or something.

On the way home we hit the thickest fog I have ever experienced, the worst part was that we were driving through a mountain pass at the time. Narrow lanes, cliffs, Deer and tons of other people right behind us. I will be honest and I say I was super nervous, mainly because my Dad was driving and he has the worst vision out of the 3 of us; plus he was driving too damn fast for the circumstances and he wouldn't slow down when we asked him to. TIS SCARY SHIT!

I did bring a long the windows phone that is on loan from StayonTarget so that I would have something to do on the long drives to and from McCall. I got through 26(?) levels of Breeze earning 2 achievements and I played a few rounds of Minesweeper earning 1 achievement. I did play Fruit Ninja for last leg of the trip home, that last achievement still eludes me; damn criticals suck.

Well thats all for now. See y'all around
Old 01-27-2014, 01:45 PM   #23
Kairi
Spam Killer

Send a message via Skype™ to Kairi

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Community Gaming - Platinum   Tri-Gamer Tournament - Runner Up   A+ Thread Award   Staff - Moderator   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Silver
Total Awards: 25 (more» ...)
Those ice sculptures are really awesome! O_O I really like all of the ones that you posted! =D I would be interested in seeing the other ones. Also, those fries look strange to me.
Kairi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 02:42 PM   #24
HadMatters13
Mod/Maximum Clubs' Jester

Send a message via Skype™ to HadMatters13

Madhatters13's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Moderator   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff Club - Madhatters13   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 4   1,000 Posts   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Forza 3 Subscribers Tournament- Winner   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GSL 8 Winners   Castle Crashers Subscribers Tourn. - Second Place
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Completely agree with Kairi. All those ice sculptures are brilliant! Was there anything inside the sphinx? They could've been cheeky and put a gift shop in there or something.

How much did those fries cost you? It was a big serving at least, although in this case that's probably not much of a good thing.

I'm not overly keen on mountain passes either. The last one I went up was in Snowdonia and I was very glad when we were back at the bottom. No fog for us though, thankfully. There would've been a considerably larger vocal objection to going up it if there was, I imagine.

~ Thanks to troy for the innocent looking hamster! ~
~ Feelings grow into hopes || Ready for Persona 5 and Dreamfall Chapters! ~
~ Swashbucklin' Diplomas for all || Xbox One Points Breakdown || Tales from the Jester's tower ~
HadMatters13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 11:13 PM   #25
KillerBEA
The Inquisition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairi View Post
Those ice sculptures are really awesome! O_O I really like all of the ones that you posted! =D I would be interested in seeing the other ones. Also, those fries look strange to me.
They were cut differently, they were cut into a ribbon. It was very gimmicky. I will find the rest of the images and get them up soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HadMatters13 View Post
Completely agree with Kairi. All those ice sculptures are brilliant! Was there anything inside the sphinx? They could've been cheeky and put a gift shop in there or something.

How much did those fries cost you? It was a big serving at least, although in this case that's probably not much of a good thing.

I'm not overly keen on mountain passes either. The last one I went up was in Snowdonia and I was very glad when we were back at the bottom. No fog for us though, thankfully. There would've been a considerably larger vocal objection to going up it if there was, I imagine.
I really like the Sphinx but I didn't go in it. Pretty sure it was empty inside.

The fries cost $5. I only ended up eating half of them. The blandness got to me after a while.
Old 01-28-2014, 12:43 AM   #26
BiggD
9 Days Until Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

How the hell do those sculptures stay like that?! That's amazing.

And those fries look nasty, man

~ 9 DAYS ~
Old 01-29-2014, 01:10 AM   #27
KillerBEA
The Inquisition

These are a few of my favorite things

Sound of Music reference? Hell Yeah!

My favorite color:
Green
Why? Because I love nature. Plus the color green is a good color to symbolize growing, becoming stronger and better. Which is something I strive for, improving myself in every way possible.

Favorite animals:

Monkeys, because they are crazy and fun animals.

Penguins, because they are birds with natural tuxedos. Penguins are pretty cool for a bird that can't fly.

Favorite kind of food:

Almost anything on a Chinese buffet, especially salmon and anything with beef cutlets.

I also really really really like pizza.

Favorite soda:
Mountain Dew and Dr Pepper. Been drinking both ever since I could make my own decisions at restaurants. Dr Pepper I came to like first, not exactly sure why, but I did. Mountain came about out of intrigue when I was 8 or 9. My Mom had always talked about how she used to drink a lot of mountain dew when she was in here 20's but gave it up after getting ulcers. For as long as I have been a live and longer, she has not had a single drop of mountain dew. Her talking about it, got me to try it and I ended up loving it.

Favorite Xbox 360 game:

Dark Souls, thats an explanation for another day.

Favorite PS2 game:

A tie between Kingdom Hearts 2 and Jak 3. I spent a monstrous amount of time on both games from the moment I got them til the day I got an xbox 360.

Favorite Job that I have held:

Cashier at Kroger, easy and fun; plus great co-workers. Who wouldn't want that for a job as a teenager looking for some spending money.

Favorite state I have lived in:

I have lived in 6 different states, Oregon; Iowa; California; Texas; Pennsylvania and Idaho. Probably tons of bias due to the amount of time lived in each state and time of my life that I was in; but Texas is my favorite. I did -Kindergarten-6th grade in Texas, and then the last half of 9th-graduation. I got my first 2 jobs in Texas and made tons of friends that I miss almost daily. Tons of fond memories, that way out balance the bad.
Old 01-29-2014, 07:17 AM   #28
KillerBEA
The Inquisition

Forum Trick of the Day #1

[noparse][/noparse]

Start off with something fancy that will explain how I am demonstrating this for people.

So normally when you have the code for embedding an image in your post without an image url in it won't show the code when you post. Using a specific piece of code I can make code showup that wouldn't normally show up

This code is [noparse][/noparse] What no parsing does is it takes away the characteristics of the code you typed in between the code. So that text in between the no parse tags is treated as regular text when you post.

For example
Without no parsing around the spoiler tag code you get your spoiler tag

Add in noparsing and the [spoiler=][/spoiler] gets deactivated and becomes plain text for all intensive purposes.
[spoiler=Demonstration]This is a demonstration[/spoiler]

Not many people will use this tip/trick, but its easier than posting:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBEA
[ spoiler=Demonstration ]This is a demonstration[/ spoiler ]
Just take out the spaces next to the word spoiler and it will create a spoiler tag.
Instead you can say
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBEA
Copy and paste this
[spoiler=Demonstration1]This is a demonstration[/spoiler]

to get
or something to that effect.

I am explaining this one first, since I will be using the noparsing tags to show off more forum code tricks in the future. If this needs further explanation I am willing to give it.

Last edited by KillerBEA; 01-29-2014 at 07:21 AM.
Old 01-29-2014, 07:21 AM   #29
Slaughter XBA
CAPITAL LETTERS

Cpt Slaugh7er's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Well. You learn something new every day about XBA.

...SOB that rhymes.
Slaughter XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 07:26 AM   #30
KillerBEA
The Inquisition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt Slaugh7er View Post
Well. You learn something new every day about XBA.

...SOB that rhymes.
I intend to show off some more stuff like that in the coming days. Most of this kind of stuff is built into the advanced editor but [noparsing][/noparsing] and few others aren't. If you quote this post you can see there are other non-coding ways to accomplish the same thing.