PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Community and Events > Community Gaming
Subscribe    Donate

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 02:29 PM   #1
Grifter Reborn

Send a message via Skype™ to Grifter Reborn

Grifter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   x360a Representer   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Replay Events: February 10-16 (Marvel U.A. & Magic 2013)

So you miss playing the Atari like me, right? All those great games, like Pitfall! Sitting around in your superhero undies, not a care in the world. If only we could relive those moments somehow... I know! Marvel Ultimate Alliance has Pitfall! Hooray! So February 10th through the 16th, I'm playing this again with my superhero undies and PJ's. Why not join me? Okay... You don't HAVE to wear superhero stuff... Party pooper.

So perhaps a game of cards is more in tune with what you'd like to play February 10-16. That's cool... That's cool. We have you covered! Magic 2013 was a pleasant surprise to see on the "Games with Gold" list a short while ago. Need help learning the game? We certainly had a few "experts" playing last time, and I suspect they'll be available once again.

If you are interested in playing with XBA members, feel free to post in this thread and/or just drop into a game throughout the week. Staff members, Subscribers and Ambassadors will be creating rooms off and on during the week, but feel free to create your own XBA room and set it to public. 

If you plan on hosting a session, please post in this thread so that people can join you! If you are joining a session, make sure you tell the host you are from XBA.

Change is inevitable.

Last edited by Grifter Reborn; 01-24-2014 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Links
Old 01-25-2014, 05:11 AM   #2
Corrupt.
"Tits"

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   Staff - Guide Team   Green Thumb - Gold   Staff Club - TemporalWizard
Total Awards: 45 (more» ...)
Ooh, I have both of these too. Not played much of UA, but it does appear to be pretty fun.

Someone can try and teach me Magic again if they like, too
Old 01-25-2014, 05:20 AM   #3
troy0891 x360a
Guide Team Lead / Mod

Send a message via Skype™ to troy0891 x360a

troy0891 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   Staff - Guide Team   Staff - Moderator   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   1,000 Posts   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   x360a Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
Looking forward to more "sanctioned" Magic matches If not for community gaming I might not have gotten hooked up with some of my favorite opponents/partners. <3 you guys
And check the GreenBook for abandoned works you may be able to lend a hand on
My Blog
Old 01-27-2014, 11:11 AM   #4
Doctor Flatline

Send a message via AIM to Doctor Flatline

Doctor Flatline's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I have never participated in a community event, but I have both games and I would love to learn more and complete them. I'm very interested in joining, my gamertag is Doctor Flatline.

Old 01-27-2014, 11:36 AM   #5
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I'll be all over Ultimate Alliance just like last time. Need to get through Hard Mode and do all the simulator stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.

Last edited by Veedrock; 01-27-2014 at 11:56 AM.
Old 01-27-2014, 02:30 PM   #6
exit9500
Duck Face Freedom Warrior

exit9500's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Arcade Crazy - Silver   VGO Silver Medal   Staff - Community and Events Team   Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 2   Micro Guide - Silver   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedrock View Post
I'll be all over Ultimate Alliance just like last time. Need to get through Hard Mode and do all the simulator stuff.
I'll be around to have some fun with you again, although my mic may not allow me to talk to you.

I also have Magic if anyone wants to play that too.

We don't expect much just perfection!
Time Jumps into the Endless Darkness of Night
The Great, Big, Cuddly, and Adorable Creechlina
Join the War Efforts Against the Enemy of Us ALL
Old 01-27-2014, 10:38 PM   #7
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
I just ordered my Marvel UA from Best Buy. Anyone know if the Special Editon game save works with the standard edition?
Old 01-27-2014, 11:58 PM   #8
KillerBEA
Lords Are Coming

Send a message via Skype™ to KillerBEA

KillerBEA XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Community Gaming - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 27 (more» ...)
I am definitely down for Magic 2013, but idk about Marvel as I haven't started it yet.
Old 01-28-2014, 02:45 AM   #9
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Za Pantsupati's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Referrals - Gold
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanish Assault View Post
I just ordered my Marvel UA from Best Buy. Anyone know if the Special Editon game save works with the standard edition?
They do not. I am playing the SE right now and it warns you in the menus that the saves will not function with the basic version.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Old 01-28-2014, 04:11 PM   #10
Spanish Assault

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pants Party View Post
They do not. I am playing the SE right now and it warns you in the menus that the saves will not function with the basic version.
Aww man. Well I just need to beat the game on hard and kill achievements so I guess it's not the end of the world.

I started out with the original version so maybe I have my old saves for that one.
Old 01-28-2014, 05:27 PM   #11
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Rajeanero   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Count me in for both!!! Can assist on anyone needing the MP achievements. I stink at the game so would be easy fodder

There's a couple DLC MP achievements I could use an assist on. Auramancer and Insurrection.

Kairi! We can make another awesome fail of it. Want to try?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBEA View Post
I am definitely down for Magic 2013, but idk about Marvel as I haven't started it yet.
MAU is a hoot. Honestly tried it years ago and thought "meh". Then fired it up again last CG event and had a blast with the gang here. Haven't even finished the main story yet though. Am glad it's up for another week in the sunshine.

"Hit it"

Last edited by Opiate42; 01-28-2014 at 05:30 PM.
Old 01-31-2014, 05:34 PM   #12
Aloriain

Aloriain's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Silver Medal   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Im up for some games of Magic. I still need the online win but am up for just playing some games as well.

100% Achievments:

Retail: 18
GFWL: 1
Arcade: 21
W8: 3
Android: 1
Web: 1
Old 01-31-2014, 10:13 PM   #13
Spanish Assault

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pants Party View Post
So FYI, I loaded my save and it said I HAD to download the DLC to play the save. It took me to the marketplace with nothing to download. So I backed out and the save worked. I just don't have any DLC characters anymore.
Old 02-03-2014, 08:38 PM   #14
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
I will be down for MTG2013.
Old 02-03-2014, 08:45 PM   #15
Kairi
Mod / Guide & Award Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to Kairi

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Moderator   Community Gaming - Gold   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   CABS Beta Tester   Green Thumb - Bronze
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
I will play Magic 2013 with everyone, although I still do not quite understand how to play the game. XD
Old 02-03-2014, 08:50 PM   #16
Barad
High on Life!

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
I'll also be down for some Magic 2013, also don't even know what Magic 2013 is.. Card games? Ah shit..

Old 02-04-2014, 02:44 PM   #17
Opiate42

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Rajeanero   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairi View Post
I will play Magic 2013 with everyone, although I still do not quite understand how to play the game. XD
Let's just randomly press A on cards that light up and see what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barad View Post
I'll also be down for some Magic 2013, also don't even know what Magic 2013 is.. Card games? Ah shit..
No worries dude, we can show you the ropes. Dak posted a primer the last time the game was up:
http://www.xboxachievements.com/foru...7&postcount=26

It seems to make no sense at all but it's still fun

"Hit it"

Last edited by Opiate42; 02-04-2014 at 02:48 PM.
Old 02-07-2014, 04:01 PM   #18
Kairi
Mod / Guide & Award Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to Kairi

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Moderator   Community Gaming - Gold   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   CABS Beta Tester   Green Thumb - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate42 View Post
Let's do it! I'm sure the results will be amusing like that one boosting session we had in this game; I still don't understand how I killed myself! XD
Old 02-07-2014, 05:01 PM   #19
SicklyPlague
Subscribing Member

SicklyPlague's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
I'm down for both. I haven't even put in marvel in my disk tray yet though.

Thanks to MabusScarab for the Sig!
Old 02-09-2014, 01:23 PM   #20
Spanish Assault

Tomorrow....Marvel Awesomeness.
Old 02-09-2014, 06:43 PM   #21

M317's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Gold Medal   Community Gaming - Platinum   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   1,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Bomberman Tournament Runner-Up
I'm in for magic and need to check to make sure I still have Marvel U.A

Free Downloads on Canadian Xbox Live Marketplace List - Updated September 25th, 2010

Old 02-09-2014, 10:06 PM   #22
Opiate42

Opiate42's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairi View Post
Let's do it! I'm sure the results will be amusing like that one boosting session we had in this game; I still don't understand how I killed myself! XD
Game on!

"Hit it"
Old 02-09-2014, 10:17 PM   #23
Barad
High on Life!

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate42 View Post

No worries dude, we can show you the ropes. Dak posted a primer the last time the game was up:
http://www.xboxachievements.com/foru...7&postcount=26

It seems to make no sense at all but it's still fun
Dude.. learning is too much hassle. I will do what you said earlier and just go nuts on the cards.

Old 02-09-2014, 10:19 PM   #24
Nathan WV10

Send a message via MSN to Nathan WV10

x Nathan Wv10 x's Gamercard
I would definitely be interested in playing some Magic 2013 with everyone

Thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er for the sig and Rajeanero for the avatar
Old 02-10-2014, 12:34 AM   #25
StayonTarget
Intuitive

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty
Ooh I wonder if I'll get an achievement this time in Magic 2013! Last event I played for several hours and finished with 0/400! I'm excited!

Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig!
Old 02-10-2014, 12:36 AM   #26
Barad
High on Life!

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
Ooh I wonder if I'll get an achievement this time in Magic 2013! Last event I played for several hours and finished with 0/400! I'm excited!
I thought this was one of the 200 pointer games. :/

Old 02-10-2014, 07:17 AM   #27
Inebriated Jedi

Send a message via Skype™ to Inebriated Jedi

Inebriated Jedi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Finalist   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - * Clueless *   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Quote:
I thought this was one of the 200 pointer games. :/
It is. It also has DLC, so it's worth 250G total.

This had made me realize that I still need to do the campaign stuff, ughhhh.

Old 02-10-2014, 01:55 PM   #28
Opiate42

Opiate42's Gamercard

Quote:
Dude.. learning is too much hassle. I will do what you said earlier and just go nuts on the cards.
I agree! And yes, unlike FF-XIII, mashing A here is actually quite interesting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Jedi View Post
This had made me realize that I still need to do the campaign stuff, ughhhh.
The player matches are definitely more fun than the story, or at least the first match of the story. Which was agony.

"Hit it"
Old 02-10-2014, 02:06 PM   #29
Grifter Reborn

Send a message via Skype™ to Grifter Reborn

Grifter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   x360a Representer   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Looking to set up some MUA games this week for those needing help with the achievements. Particularly the 4 player ones. Feel free to add your tag to any of the sessions below to play. If you can only be available for part of the session, please note the times you're available when you add your tag.

Thursday February 13
Start @ 6:15pm CST (GMT-6)
End @ 10:15pm CST
1- Grifter x360a
2- Looter1
3- Opiate42
4- exit9500 (starting @ 7pm)
Alternate/late starts- Spanish Assault; Opiate42

Saturday February 15
Start @ 9:00am CST (GMT-6)
End @ 1:00pm CST
1- Grifter x360a
2- Za Pantsupati
3-
4-
Alt- Spanish Assault; Opiate42; exit9500 at various times.

Change is inevitable.

Last edited by Grifter Reborn; 02-15-2014 at 01:47 PM. Reason: As needed
Old 02-10-2014, 02:45 PM   #30
exit9500
Duck Face Freedom Warrior

exit9500's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Arcade Crazy - Silver   VGO Silver Medal   Staff - Community and Events Team   Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 2   Micro Guide - Silver   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifter Reborn View Post
Looking to set up some MUA games this week for those needing help with the achievements. Particularly the 4 player ones. Feel free to add your tag to any of the sessions below to play. If you can only be available for part of the session, please note the times you're available when you add your tag.
Grifter you can sign me up for the Saturday one and if you don't mind me showing up at 7 for the Tuesday and Thursday ones as well.

We don't expect much just perfection!
Time Jumps into the Endless Darkness of Night
The Great, Big, Cuddly, and Adorable Creechlina
Join the War Efforts Against the Enemy of Us ALL
Closed Thread