PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Community and Events > Community Gaming
Subscribe    Donate

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 05:46 PM   #1
Capn Doug
Community and Events Lead

Capn Doug XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Ceris   Staff Club - rekikire   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Arcade Crazy - Platinum   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 2   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 50 (more» ...)
Game of the Week: February 3-9 (Guitar Hero)

Wait, what? You must be kidding... Every Guitar Hero game? Alright...

There really is no feeling like the one you get from being a rock star. The roar of the crowd as you nail that solo, the spotlight that shines only on you, the groupies... I think Supertramp said it best: "When you're up on the stage it's so unbelievable. Unforgettable. They adore you..." Guitar Hero was the first game to really give you even a sliver of that feeling. Rock Band may have gotten the whole DLC and forward compatibility thing right (and vocals, but let's not go there), but there is no greater feeling than when the crowd shouts out for Freebird at the end of Guitar Hero 2. We want to get that feeling with the XBA community, but we couldn't figure out what the best Guitar Hero game was, so we just decided to run them all. I think it may be time to play some Hotel California in Guitar Hero World Tour.

If you are interested in playing with XBA members, feel free to post in this thread and/or just drop into a game throughout the week. Staff members, Subscribers and Ambassadors will be creating rooms off and on during the week, but feel free to create your own XBA room and set it to public.

If you plan on hosting a session, please post in this thread so that people can join you! If you are joining a session, make sure you tell the host you are from XBA.

Last edited by Capn Doug; 01-24-2014 at 07:28 PM.
Old 01-24-2014, 05:19 PM   #2
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Community Gaming - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Great idea....every Guitar Hero. This should be fun. Maybe Rock Band next time?

Old 01-24-2014, 05:47 PM   #3
Monty111

MontyTP's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Unless your planning to do it in the future then why not do Rock Band and Guitar Hero together?

Old 01-24-2014, 06:24 PM   #4
Lavindathar

Send a message via Skype™ to Lavindathar

Lavindathar's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Gold   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Apprentice   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - troy0891   Free Agents - Third Place   Over Achiever - Gold   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Cilisien   GRID 2 Award   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 31 (more» ...)
Great idea, just a shame I'm away
Last Achievement : Repaid In Blood - Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor (Xbox One) - 10g
Last 100% Completion : FIFA '15 (1000g) (Xbox One)

Thanks to Rajeanero for the avatar and Audilicious for the sig.
Old 01-24-2014, 07:32 PM   #5
Jappe XBA

Send a message via Skype™ to Jappe XBA

Jappe XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   GSL 12 Winner   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Donator - Level 3   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Silver   Staff Club - Jappe x360a   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
This will be my first Community Gaming Event I'm taking part in. Wohoo! Unfortunately I only own Guitar Hero 3 at the moment but I'll be there if someone wants a match-up.

Haven't played in ages so I'm probably a little rusty so don't be afraid of that 980/1000GS on my tag

My time zone is GMT+2.

Microsoft Fanboy:
Xbox One 500GB (Day One Edition <3) Xbox 360 4GB + 320GB (NTSC) Xbox 360 E 250GB (PAL)
Xbox 360 E 250GB (NTSC-J) Nokia Lumia 1020 (WP8) Windows 8.1 Pro
Old 01-24-2014, 07:39 PM   #6
l Zleek l

Dr Zleek's Gamercard
This sounds cool, I probably won't play too much but if anyone needs a good guitarist for some achievements, feel free to shoot me a msg on Xbox. I have Guitar hero 3, WT, Aerosmith (I think), Metallica and that's all. I wouldn't mind helping out some fellow achievers in need
Old 01-24-2014, 08:55 PM   #7
Puppys
Dawn of the Final Day

Send a message via Skype™ to Puppys

x1001x Puppys's Gamercard

Awards Showcase RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 2   Staff Club - KillerBEA   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Donator - Level 2   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - troy0891   Community Gaming - Silver
Total Awards: 39 (more» ...)
Awesome!!! I have Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock with every game import. Hopefully someone has that one.

Feel free to check out my Extra Life 2014 page [HERE], all proceeds go to Children's Hospitals!
Old 01-24-2014, 11:50 PM   #8
Corrupt.
Wearing ladies shoes

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Moderator   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Platinum   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold
Total Awards: 48 (more» ...)
I have II, III, World Tour, Warriors of Rock & Aerosmith. If anybody wants to play or boost achievements, I'll be around

Currently Working on: Victorious: Time to Shine
Old 01-26-2014, 04:54 AM   #9
Ceris
にゃー?

Tragic Melody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Ceris   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   1,000 Posts
I'll definitely be around to play some Guitar Hero, still own GH3, WT, 5, and WoR. Definitely am going to be rusty though.

Time to start practicing again

Edit: looks like I've got some work to do.

Old score:
An ad blocker prevents the ad from loading in the first place, and the counter is on the ad's side, not the site's. As such, an ad blocker stops the increment from going up and no revenue is generated as a result of your page views.

Last edited by Ceris; 01-26-2014 at 05:27 AM.
Old 01-26-2014, 03:07 PM   #10
Spanish Assault

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Community Gaming - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
ok I might have to go buy WoR....it might be fun playing with a group.

Old 01-26-2014, 03:10 PM   #11
Kairi

Send a message via Skype™ to Kairi

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   Tri-Gamer Tournament - Runner Up   A+ Thread Award   Staff - Moderator   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver
Total Awards: 24 (more» ...)
I wish that I could join in on this, but unfortunately all of my Guitar Hero stuff is at home. I hope everyone has fun playing it!
Old 01-26-2014, 03:20 PM   #12
Barad
Flibbertigibbet

Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Undergraduate Status: Fuck all
Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
I must be the only one who despises and sucks at music games. Aww..

Rock hard, everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Wow. I'm a fucking dumbass.

Old 01-29-2014, 03:25 PM   #13
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Rajeanero   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barad View Post
I must be the only one who despises and sucks at music games. Aww..

Rock hard, everyone.
Nope.

/10beers.

"Hit it"
Old 01-29-2014, 06:22 PM   #14
Lava Tonsil

andydubyew's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Community Gaming - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
I'll play some Guitar Hero when this event comes round, i have Metallica, World Tour and GH3. If i spot WOR cheap i may pick it up too.
I'm probably going to be terrible as it's been a while.
Old 01-30-2014, 12:40 AM   #15
BiggD
17 Days Until Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Damn! I used to own GHII and GHIII but have long since gotten rid of them plus my instruments. Shame as I loved the games.

Hope everyone else has fun though

Thanks to Xerofox for the romantically rambunctious signature!

Currently Playing: The Waiting Game...
~ 17 DAYS ~
Old 01-30-2014, 04:32 PM   #16
Spade.

Send a message via Skype™ to Spade.

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Subscriber - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
I have all of them except for Van Halen and Smash Hits. Who would like to be destroyed first?
Old 01-30-2014, 08:14 PM   #17
ginge88isfun

Send a message via Skype™ to ginge88isfun

Ginge88isfun's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I only have GHIII, so might fire it up again when the time comes. Give me some incentive to get some of the online achievements I need.
Old 01-30-2014, 08:15 PM   #18
dakisbac

Send a message via Skype™ to dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Gold Medal   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Third Place   Staff Club - dakisbac   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceris View Post
I'll definitely be around to play some Guitar Hero, still own GH3, WT, 5, and WoR. Definitely am going to be rusty though.

Time to start practicing again
For sure. I know I'm rusty as hell. Last time I played GH I failed both TTFAF and Black Widow of La Porte.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade. View Post
I have all of them except for Van Halen and Smash Hits. Who would like to be destroyed first?
Challenge accepted. You might beat me, but if you do I highly doubt you will destroy me.

Last edited by dakisbac; 01-30-2014 at 08:17 PM.
Old 01-30-2014, 08:41 PM   #19
Xerofox
were given today

Xerofox's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Artist of the Month   Staff Club - Xerofox   SOTF Winner   Staff - Graphics Team   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
I might dust off my old guitars and give this community event a go, it's been way too long since I have played any GH game.
Old 01-30-2014, 09:02 PM   #20
Puppys
Dawn of the Final Day

Awards Showcase RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 2   Staff Club - KillerBEA   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Donator - Level 2   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - troy0891   Community Gaming - Silver
Quote:
What the community doesn't know, is that Spade got whooped by a girl when we played a few weeks ago.

Can't wait to do it again

Feel free to check out my Extra Life 2014 page [HERE], all proceeds go to Children's Hospitals!
Old 01-30-2014, 09:12 PM   #21
Barad
Flibbertigibbet

Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Undergraduate Status: Fuck all
Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1001puppys View Post
What the community doesn't know, is that Spade got whooped by a girl when we played a few weeks ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Wow. I'm a fucking dumbass.

Old 02-01-2014, 09:11 PM   #22
Jappe XBA

Send a message via Skype™ to Jappe XBA

Jappe XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   GSL 12 Winner   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Donator - Level 3   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Silver   Staff Club - Jappe x360a   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
If you want to have a match up with me, the best way to reach me is via PM in the forums. I only check my XBL messages about once a week and haven't really had any time to game lately. But I'll find time for this event if anyone is interested

Microsoft Fanboy:
Xbox One 500GB (Day One Edition <3) Xbox 360 4GB + 320GB (NTSC) Xbox 360 E 250GB (PAL)
Xbox 360 E 250GB (NTSC-J) Nokia Lumia 1020 (WP8) Windows 8.1 Pro
Old 02-02-2014, 09:14 AM   #23
KillerBEA
New Job!

Send a message via Skype™ to KillerBEA

KillerBEA XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Community Gaming - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA
Total Awards: 27 (more» ...)
I have World Tour, 5 and Aerosmith to play for this event.
Old 02-03-2014, 03:16 PM   #24
Spade.

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Subscriber - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place
Quote:

Can't wait to do it again
I will admit, you caught me when I was quite rusty. Hopefully next time I'll be more prepared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakisbac View Post
For sure. I know I'm rusty as hell. Last time I played GH I failed both TTFAF and Black Widow of La Porte.

Challenge accepted. You might beat me, but if you do I highly doubt you will destroy me.
You and Puppys seem to be the only challenge on the site.

The only thing I have to be concerned about is when you pull out My Name Is Jonas.
Old 02-03-2014, 06:58 PM   #25
Puppys
Dawn of the Final Day

^ Heh, don't forget I was rusty too! When are you going to be around for this Spade?

I may be on tonight after 9pm (EST), and definitely going to be online hosting a session tomorrow night. Unfortunately I only have Warriors of Rock, but if someone wants to play let me know!

Old 02-03-2014, 08:37 PM   #26
tigersrule
Community & Events Team

Tiger XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Diamond   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - tigersrule   Staff - Community and Events Team   1,000 Posts   x360a Representer
I have Guitar Hero: Aerosmith, Guitar Hero III and Guitar Hero World Tour. If you want to play any of those then send me a message over live. I warn you though. I haven't played any Guitar Hero game for around six years. So I MAY be a bit rusty. I also suck at the game, so I normally play on medium. Can't really seem to use the orange button for hard or expert. I also can't use my drum kit(not enough space in my room for it) or my mic(no way in hell am I ever singing). So guitars only for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanish Assault View Post
I've never been to California, but it's going to be a shame that my first trip out there will be mostly me kicking your ass.
Community Blogs | Ambassadors | Community Gaming | Artist of the Month

Old 02-03-2014, 09:10 PM   #27
Spanish Assault

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigersrule View Post
I have Guitar Hero: Aerosmith, Guitar Hero III and Guitar Hero World Tour. If you want to play any of those then send me a message over live. I warn you though. I haven't played any Guitar Hero game for around six years. So I MAY be a bit rusty. I also suck at the game, so I normally play on medium. Can't really seem to use the orange button for hard or expert. I also can't use my drum kit(not enough space in my room for it) or my mic(no way in hell am I ever singing). So guitars only for me.
How do I know you all this time and not know you had Guitar Hero WT? We could of boosted that.

Old 02-03-2014, 09:37 PM   #28
tigersrule
Community & Events Team

Tiger XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Diamond   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - tigersrule   Staff - Community and Events Team   1,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Quote:
How do I know you all this time and not know you had Guitar Hero WT? We could of boosted that.
Beats me. Do you still have it?

Quote:
I've never been to California, but it's going to be a shame that my first trip out there will be mostly me kicking your ass.

Old 02-03-2014, 09:40 PM   #29
Spade.

Quote:
^ Heh, don't forget I was rusty too! When are you going to be around for this Spade?

I may be on tonight after 9pm (EST), and definitely going to be online hosting a session tomorrow night. Unfortunately I only have Warriors of Rock, but if someone wants to play let me know!
I'll be needing to get proper practice in for a fair competition. Maybe Wednesday or Thursday?
Old 02-03-2014, 09:49 PM   #30
tigersrule
Community & Events Team

Tiger XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
I'll be needing to get proper practice in for a fair competition. Maybe Wednesday or Thursday?
I don't mind being the practice. Do you have any of the three games I listed?

Quote:

Closed Thread