• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, XBA! My name is Erik. I want say my last name for personal stuff and it's probably just too badass for any of you to handle. I'm 15 years old and venturing through the (terrible) years of high school. That's not where it started, however. I've been into gaming for most of my entire life. In fact, my first game was Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 for the PC. I played it when I was around 3 and I absolutely loved it and I couldn't get enough of it. Of course, shit like preschool got in the way of this love for racing games. I was also, for some reason, was a fan of the Hulk games, so my first Xbox game was The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction. I played that game for countless hours and enjoyed smashing anything and everything that moved. I still play that game from time to time. I didn't really game as often for the until I was in 4th grade, when I got a Nntendo DS for my 10th birthday. I played Mario Kart with my best friends so much and had countless hours of fun (and nearly friendship destroying moments :p). But then, that one life changing (but hilariously random) day at the beginning of 5th grade (September 2009) where my dad walked in the doorway with, as beautiful as it was, the Xbox 360 Elite that I still game on today! He said, "Here. I got you this with it," and pulled out two of the sexiest things I've ever seen (the controllers, you pervs) and a brand new, unopened copy of Batman: Arkham Asylum. I played it that evening, and I thought, "This. Is. Amazing." I played that game for so much that I probably will die if I ever play that game again (but I will in the future either way). Then, a year later, when I entered middle school, I decided I wanted to play some first person shooters. And, with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 out on the market, I finally convinced my dad to let me buy it and play it with my friends. Now, I'm not gonna lie, I was one of those "squeakers" (only not that bad) for a while, and then I heard this one and thought, "That's fucking annoying as shit." And I never did it again. I gamed in absolute silence (except for when I got frustrated obviously) from there on out. After about a year of straight first person shooters, I realized that there were other great games that were out there. So I asked for Skyrim for my birthday and borrowed Hitman: Blood Money from a friend. And so began my achievement hunting!

(Yes there is more to my life than gaming. I play guitar, starting graphic design, try hard in school, and the occasional drawing).

Edited by Slaughter.

So after receiving the generous gift of the best game of the 7th generation (Skyrim) and borrowing Hitman: Blood Money from a friend, I finally took note of these things called "achievements". I noticed that Blood Money only had 24 achievements and was said, "Fuck it. I'm doing it." And I completed it. While also igniting my love for stealth games, it made me realize that it was very satisfying to complete every achievement a game had to offer. And, having owned Skyrim, I thought, "Where better to officially start?" I had SOOOO much fun doing what I cared for, at the time, in that game. Then, about 2-3 weeks later, I got curious as to what some of the achievements in other games were like, which brings us to chapter three.

Now, I basically have to achievement hunt as I have such an unhealthy lack of sense of accomplishment in my real life that I have to resort to these virtual universes to satisfy. Despite my straight A's, despite being a kick ass guitar player (need to post a video sometime), and a pretty good artist, I still am not satisfied with that, for whatever reason. :/

(I know that was a little short, but there really is no point in dragging out such a simple story)

Edited by Slaughter.

So after googling "Skyrim achievements" I saw two links: the first being trueachievements.com, and the second being xbox360achievements.org. I made the decision to go here, I read through and noticed that there was a tab at the top and be section labeled "achievement guide". I tapped it, and was blown away at the sheer effort and quality these guides were. I loved that so much, that I registered a couple months later. I didn't really visit the forums until like January 2013, but I still used the site for guides and the like. Then, at the end of January 2013, I got my wisdom teeth removed was all dazed and for some reason the first thing I remembered was this site. I went home, watched the Godfather, and then played BF3. That night, however, I decided to visit the forums. I really love you guys. I feel this is one of the very few communities on the Internet where we can sit back and give our opinions, and we can agree or disagree without posting death threats like on YouTube or comments attacking our livelihood. The community is a bunch of great fellow gamers too. I feel like I've made some life long friends on the site. And here I am today. Because of you guys, I'm a subscriber.

Edited by Slaughter.

1. RPGs - I prefer RPGs to other games because I love being able to develope a character the way you want him/her to be, affect the world the way you see fit, and to make your guy look like a badass (yes, I went there). My favorite examples are: Skyrim, Fallout: New Vegas, Dark Souls, and Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.
  2. Stealth games - I just love sitting in a shadow and using your brain and critical thinking skills to slip by a hot area without being spotted. I've always preferred that as opposed to just mindlessly killing everything Rambo style. My favorite stealth games are Deus Ex: Human Revolution (*glares at BiggD*), Dishonored, and Hitman: Blood Money.
  3. Shooters - I'm not the hugest fan of shooters anymore, especially considered that you can only do so much with them that it jut gets stale after a while, but nonetheless I do like just turning your brain off for some mindless shooter action, especially when you're in a good matchmaking game with your friends. My favorite examples are CoD: MW2, Borderlands 2, and Battlefield 3.
  4. Sandbox games - I can only take sandbox games for so long, but when you're in the mood for them, they definitely hit the spot. My favorite examples are Grand Theft Auto V, Just Cause 2, Assassin's Creed II, and Sleeping Dogs.

Being 15, I'm not legally allowed to have an actual part time job (one more year) so I really don't have a consistent source of money to buy all the games that I want :/

Alright. So I have a small backlog compared to some of you (seriously you guys have crazy ass backlogs). It is as follows.

1. The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
  2. Finishing up Sleeping Dogs (I can only take so much of a sandbox game at a time)
  3. Saint's Row IV
  4. Dark Souls II (!!!!!!!)
  5. Finish Deus Ex: Human Revolution (when I finally buy and download the DKC I will complete it)
  6. Silent Hill: HD Collection and/or Silent Hill: Downpour
  7. Resident Evil 4
  8. Max Payne 3
  9. BioShock Infinite (only when a GOTY releases)
  10. Hitman: Absolution
  11. Bayonetta
  12. Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
  13. DmC: Devil May Cry
  14. ...

There is a variety of games in this backlog as I like to mix it up a bit. It gets too stale IMO if you tend to stick to one kind of game.

Alright. So I have a small backlog compared to some of you (seriously you guys have crazy ass backlogs). It is as follows.
  1. The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
  2. Finishing up Sleeping Dogs (I can only take so much of a sandbox game at a time)
  3. Saint's Row IV
  4. Dark Souls II (!!!!!!!)
  5. Finish Deus Ex: Human Revolution (when I finally buy and download the DKC I will complete it)
  6. Silent Hill: HD Collection and/or Silent Hill: Downpour
  7. Resident Evil 4
  8. Max Payne 3
  9. BioShock Infinite (only when a GOTY releases)
  10. Hitman: Absolution
  11. Bayonetta
  12. Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
  13. DmC: Devil May Cry
  14. ...

There is a variety of games in this backlog as I like to mix it up a bit. It gets too stale IMO if you tend to stick to one kind of game.

Lol have fun with the last three, Cap'n. They're not exactly a cakewalk for achievements :p

Is that a Halo: Reach poster in the background? Oh god...

Oh shut it Bigg - we get it, Reach is the bane of your existence :o

Alright, Spade inspired Bigg who inspired Dante (Bloodring) who inspired me. SOOO...

Favorite Game (overall) - Skyrim, Dark Souls

Favorite Game (story) - Red Dead Redemption, Batman: Arkham series

Favorite movies - No Country For Old Men, Pulp Fiction, The Matrix, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, Saving Private Ryan, Bourne series

Favorite shows (storylines) - Spartacus series, The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad

Favorite shows (comedies) - South Park, Family Guy, Brooklyn 99, Modern Family, The Middle, SPONGEBOB (!!!), Parks and Rec

Favorite foods - A nice medium rare filet meñol (spelling?) from Outback, chicken burrito from Chipotle, Bacon Burger from Cheeseburger (had one when my family and I went to Oahu and OMG it was the best burger ever), cheesecake

Favorite actors/actresses - Manu Bennett, Samuel L. Jackson, Andy Whitfield (:(), John Hannah, Javier Bardem, Tom Hanks, Lucy Lawless, Amy Poehler, Cecily Strong (SNL), Viva Bianca

Favorite Books - Lord of the Flies, Of Mice and Men, The Picture of Dorian Gray, Frankenstein (the original one), Unbroken, Catcher in the Rye

Favorite Bands - Stone Temple Pilots, Rage Against the Machine, Tab Benoit, Albert King, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Steve Miller, Van Halen, Pantera (only for the guitar), Oasis, System of a Down, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Tom Petty, The Police, Alice in Chains (can't listen to them anymore since they're really depressing), Jane's Addiction, The Black Keys

Favorite Songs - Sex Type Thing (!!!)/Tumble in the Rough/Trippin' on a Hole in a Paper Heart (Stone Temple Pilots), Calm Like a Bomb (Rage Against the Machine), Nice and Warm (Tab Benoit), Jungle Love (Steve Miller), Panama (Van Halen), Cowboys from Hell/Cemetary Gates (Pantera), Wonderwall/Champagne Supernova/Morning Glory (Oasis), Planet Caravan/Parnoid/WarPigs/Luke's Wall (Black Sabbath), Rooster/Sea of Sorrow/Angry Chair/Rotten Apple/Whale and Whasp (Alice in Chains), Mountain Song (Jane's Addiction), Tighten Up (Black Keys)

Favorite type of music - Slow Electric Blues, Rock, Heavy Metal. Fuck rap.

Favorite classes - English and Geometry (since they're so easy and useful). I hate science class passionately.

Favorite restaurants - Outback, Giorgio's, Chipotle, Chef Li (best Chinese restaurant ever!), Armadillo Willys

No Country For Old Men is fucking brilliant. Perfect novel. Perfect film adaptation. It's a masterpiece.

Spartacus, FTW!!! Crixus is the man. Rest in peace, Andy.

It's spelt, Fillet Mignon (I love it).

LOL most of your actors are from Spartacus :p

Rap sucks. Unless it's Eminem.

Geometry isn't useful at all dude, lol.

No Country For Old Men is fucking brilliant. Perfect novel. Perfect film adaptation. It's a masterpiece.

Spartacus, FTW!!! Crixus is the man. Rest in peace, Andy.

It's spelt, Fillet Mignon (I love it).

LOL most of your actors are from Spartacus :p

Rap sucks. Unless it's Eminem.

Geometry isn't useful at all dude, lol.

Whatever. At least Geo is easy as fuck.

So, I've stated a few times that I love playing the guitar. I started playing when I was 10, specifically around Christmas of 2009. I wasn't very good for like a year and the I heard this song on the radio called "Rock Bottom" by UFO. I really loved the song so I dedicated a month to play it perfectly. I played it in Fenton my school in 6th grade and it was damn satisfying to see all the girls clapping and enjoying the show. I took a hiatus for a while (biggest mistake I've ever made tbh) because I felt bored of it and I didn't fee any improvement for a while. After 9 months I heard this song called "Sex Type Thing" by Stone Temple Pilots and for whatever reason that was enough to get me back into it. Been playing it ever since. For my 14th birthday I got my Fender Stratochaster (before I had a Schecter) Antigua. You can see the Strat in the picture of my room that I posted. It has a maple neck and fretboard, which is a step up IMO for the type of music I liked to play. After a while of playing rock, I decided I wanted to mic things up a bit so I started to listen to the blues. I got hooked on jamming in Cm/Bm since some of my favorite blues songs are in those keys. I'll post a video of me playing when I figure out how to post a video on here :p. My favorite blues artist I listen to on Pandora are Albert King, Tab Benoit, John Lee Hooker, Walter Trout, and Stevie Ray Vaughn. I kick ass at playing the blues (and guitar in general) so I'd love for you guys to hear what I can do.

Anyone who knows how to post a video on here without uploading it to YouTube is encouraged to let me know. :)