PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-03-2014, 03:45 PM   #1
MythosEngineer

MythosEngineer's Gamercard
Auto Save Weirdness

I have all my auto saves turned off, but still, randomly it seems, the game with auto save. It's really odd, and I don't know why it does it. I know in Solstheim it will do auto saves when you enter HM's abode, but this is in Skyrim. In some random quest I'm in a dungeon, and suddenly auto save. It freezes it for a moment, and I thought it was crashed... almost turned the game off.

The worst thing is, my game has frozen several times since I got it, and sometimes I've lost a lot of game progress... makes me wonder if it was just randomly autosaving, and not freezing. Anyone know why it does this? I checked several times, and no auto saves are enabled.

Do you even praise the sun?
MythosEngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 09:13 PM   #2
PhilMac9592

Philmac9592's Gamercard
Could be a bad disk if your using one. Also I would recommend restarting the game, not the best idea but could fix it.
PhilMac9592 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 09:23 PM   #3
Kipcha

Kipcha's Gamercard
I used to work at a GameStop when the game was released and alot of people had the same problem and it was an issue alot of the updates since then fixed them but some games are just defective, one thing that could help with running the game smother and less freezing could be installing on the hard drive if you can, it diminishes the load times and the constant necessary of the system reading the disc.
Hope that helps
Kipcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 04:59 PM   #4
stormsyr

stormsyr's Gamercard
My game freezes constantly. I ended up putting on a 5 minute auto saver because it crashed so much. I even bought a new xbox because I thought my 4 year old console was the problem, turns out it's just the game itself.

None of my other games freeze so i'm thinking it's just a Skyrim problem.
stormsyr is offline   Reply With Quote