PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Devil May Cry 4
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-02-2008, 10:18 PM   #121
Demon9Tom

Demon9Tom's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyKevin1 View Post
Been playing this again died on Credo for some reason :| I'm pretty sure Level 70 has Bianco Angelo x20, Alto Angelo x2... or like it just seems like a hell of a lot more than 10 to me.
According to the Prima guide, and two guides on GameFaq's the enemies listed are correct, however its possible this is a mistake on all four of the guides, so if anyone can confirm this I'll change the enemies listed for level 70.
Demon9Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 10:35 PM   #122
tremberz

tremberz's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
There is a mistake with one of the levels. I am sorry but I am not sure which one. I was playing through the bloody palace yesterday and I was seeing what enemies were coming up and there was more enemies than what was said on the guide. Its not a huge problem as it was only one or so enemy off but just to let you know there is a little mistake.

Gears of War Veteran
Seriously - unlocked 6/6/07
Seriously 2.0- unlocked 2/2/10
Seriously 3.0- unlocked 21/3/13

Total Online Kills - 150,000+

tremberz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 10:59 AM   #123
KrazyKevin1

Send a message via MSN to KrazyKevin1

Slithery Kevin's Gamercard
yeah im pretty sure theres 15 - 20. I'd let you know the exact amount but I'm not good enough to count them and fight :|

Looking To Boost on:
Saints Row
GTA IV
Resident Evil 5 (DE PRO)

Message me and send a F/R if you're interested.

I'm blackbelt at making a sandwich.
KrazyKevin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 01:33 PM   #124
Demon9Tom

Demon9Tom's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tremberz View Post
There is a mistake with one of the levels. I am sorry but I am not sure which one. I was playing through the bloody palace yesterday and I was seeing what enemies were coming up and there was more enemies than what was said on the guide. Its not a huge problem as it was only one or so enemy off but just to let you know there is a little mistake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyKevin1 View Post
yeah im pretty sure theres 15 - 20. I'd let you know the exact amount but I'm not good enough to count them and fight :|
Well if either of you are planning on playing the palace again, and notice specific levels that you think are wrong, let me know and I'll make a note in the guide that those levels numbers may be wrong.

I will need exact numbers before I edit the guide with any new information though.

But thank you for bringing this to my attention.
Demon9Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 10:52 PM   #125
KrazyKevin1

Send a message via MSN to KrazyKevin1

Slithery Kevin's Gamercard
Hey I done the palace finally, 1k on this game yay... died on Dante the first time though trying to do the stupid gun glitch - Didn't work for me. I have a good tactic for killing Dante and Credo which you could add to the guide for people using Nero. Unfortunatly I couldn't count how many were on level 70 despite getting there four times before completing it. I have a few tactics for enemies also using Nero...

Credo:
If you use the stinger attack (RB + Y + forward on analogue stick) to hit Credo's shield. As soon as you have executed that move jump then air hike and shoot while locking on until Credo's combo has finished. Stop shooting him and Buster him straight away, Nero should punch him away. Then just repeat until he dies.

Dante:
Jump, Air Hike and use Snatch then try to buster in mid air. If you don't throw him to the ground he will try to attack you but you can just jump straight out the way. While Snatching dante, If you activate Devil Trigger just before you Buster him your attack will be more effective.

Bloody Palace:
Best hint I could give would be to Keep you DT gauge as full as possible or definatly 3 bars (well blue circles). If you learn to use your DT the palace is fairly easy. When I played this loads I used to just use all my DT to regain health but if you just flicker your DT you prevent enemy attacks if they are in mid lunge. This will also reduce being Combo'd by some enemies when you just cant stand up. Keep your DT until your getting annhilated or if you see an enemy coming to attack you but turn it straight off to save it as much as you can. Never reach a point in the palace where you can't use your DT or you could be killed.

Blitz:
With Nero if you just keep double jumping instead of locking on and evading it's easier to dodge all the attacks, hit him with 3 "Charge Shot 3" and his electrical shield shall be dropped. Now to kill him before he turns red and angry...
Buster, Stinger, Buster, Charge Shot 3, Stinger, Buster, Stinger, Charge Shot.
This will kill him before he has a chance to go red and hurt you and will also give you a SSS rating every time. The Charge Shot 3 will be ready by the second time that you Buster him if you have automatic selected. It knocks him to the ground and stops him from going red...

Mephisto + Faust:
Double jump directly underneath which one you want to kill and hit Buster not Snatch, Double jump underneath it again and hit Buster again and it should come out of its cloak, use Snatch a few times if you need to. Then when it's on the ground activate DT and hold in (RB + Y + B + Forward on analogue stick) it unleashes a combo which will kill either type of these in one attack before they get a chance to go into their own DT. Sorry I forgot the name of that attack also.

Hope this helps, if you would like any other stratagies for other enemies let me know, unfortunatly I only used Nero through most of the game so I won't have any for Dante...

Looking To Boost on:
Saints Row
GTA IV
Resident Evil 5 (DE PRO)

Message me and send a F/R if you're interested.

I'm blackbelt at making a sandwich.

Last edited by KrazyKevin1; 09-09-2008 at 10:56 PM.
KrazyKevin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 12:33 PM   #126
!xobile

bloodred123's Gamercard
u can easily complete bloody palace with dante with him on devil mode, just keep doing the lunge atk but you wont get the s rank for it

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/55827086 - Andy Carroll
!xobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 06:21 PM   #127
DoM3ShOtZz

Dom3shotzz's Gamercard
this game blows
DoM3ShOtZz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 03:19 PM   #128
tatova2130

Send a message via AIM to tatova2130 Send a message via MSN to tatova2130 Send a message via Skype™ to tatova2130

Tatova2130's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoM3ShOtZz View Post
this game blows
It IS sort of tough, specially the bloody palace. I've only made it to the 18 floor where the blitz is. He kills me ridiculously fast, but I'll try the shotgun/pandora combo suggested some time ago and see what happens.

Tatova2130
tatova2130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 01:02 PM   #129
Vixion

I Vixion I's Gamercard
I cant understand how u can get owned by a blitz they are so fking easy ( my favorite enemy)
Vixion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 10:25 PM   #130
EliteTi

EliteTI's Gamercard
Not sure if this has already been said but it doesn't say it in the main guide so just pointing out that chimera seeds drop health aswell as gladius'

Completed Retail 1000 (7):
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Lego Indiana Jones
Fable II
Borderlands
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Fallout 3
Halo 3
EliteTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 03:06 AM   #131
Last Shaman

Last Shaman's Gamercard
great now i just need to unlock super nero and super dante to do get past the fire boss on here
Old 02-03-2009, 12:58 PM   #132
Vixion

I Vixion I's Gamercard
my problem is time when im not using a super costume.
I never die always run out of time around stage 50
Vixion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:03 PM   #133
EliteTi

EliteTI's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixion View Post
I used to have the same problem, until i realised that you get a 30 second time bonus if you finish without damage, this is easy up till level 15

Completed Retail 1000 (7):
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Lego Indiana Jones
Fable II
Borderlands
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Fallout 3
Halo 3
EliteTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 07:02 PM   #134
eV I Valkyrie

KoreyKins's Gamercard
WOW. . that monster list is imense,

i'll be trying this soon but do you keep your max health bar and do you keep all the skills you unlock or. . ?
Old 02-04-2009, 11:29 PM   #135
Asian47

Asian x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   2,500 Posts   GamerScore League Season 9 Winner   GSL 9 MVP   Road Map - Gold   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Of course, anything you have in the regular game, bar items, you have in the Bloody Palace. Because of that, you are going to want to put off the BP until you have everything on your characters.

Asian47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 09:44 PM   #136
tremberz

tremberz's Gamercard

Can anyone give me some advice?

I have attempted to complete the bloody palace a few times now without the super characters and I keep failing because of time. I don't find it too hard, but the fact that I run out of time usually on around level 85 (the one with the 2 blitz's). Again, I don't find them hard to beat but I only have about a minute left to defeat them and both times I have got this far I run out of time.

Can anyone help me or give me advice on to how to gain more time? I know each enemy gives a time bonus and no damage does too but does anyone have any specific techniques? Also no comments like "defeat enemies faster" as that just doesn't help. Thanks in advance.

Gears of War Veteran

Old 02-18-2009, 11:44 PM   #137
Asian47

Asian x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   2,500 Posts   GamerScore League Season 9 Winner   GSL 9 MVP   Road Map - Gold   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Depends, are you using Dante or Nero?

No matter who you use, one of the biggest things you need to remember is to constantly go into devil trigger, especially if you are having trouble against the enemies you're going against. With the amount of enemies thrown at you, you will recover your DT much quicker than you normally would.

Old 02-19-2009, 12:03 AM   #138
tremberz

tremberz's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameFreak47 View Post
Depends, are you using Dante or Nero?

No matter who you use, one of the biggest things you need to remember is to constantly go into devil trigger, especially if you are having trouble against the enemies you're going against. With the amount of enemies thrown at you, you will recover your DT much quicker than you normally would.
I use Nero, I don't find Dante very effective off of DT, he may be quick but he has a lack of decent moves. I like using Nero because of his cool B move.

I use DT a lot, especially when there is a lot of enemies surrounding me, activating it usually sends them to the ground or takes off their health.

I think the main problem is that I don't use it when it is full, I only activate it when I need to. When I give it another go which I will do when I have a few hours free I will use my DT when the bar is full that way I don't waste it when I kill more enemies.

Gears of War Veteran

Old 02-19-2009, 09:20 PM   #139
Asian47

Asian x360a's Gamercard

Dante has plenty of moves to use, I'd say the problem with him is trying to figure out which ones to use.

Anyway with Nero, you need to always keep charge shot going. Shooting normally is useless with him, and you will need to be able to charge it up to level 3 in order to do any real damage with it. Seeing as how you will need your index finger in order to lock on to enemies, your going to have to keep your middle on RT for all of the Bloody Palace. A level 3 charge shot is a must against Blitzes and Fausts, but don't be afraid to let a shot off if one isn't going to pop up, it takes the weaker enemies out very quickly.

Also, are you using the sword's exceed? Anytime your against someone tough, using the exceed will let you do some crazy damage. Even if your not perfect with it, even getting one gauge can do some damage.

Other than that, the only other tips I can think of is go into DT whenever it's full, and knock an enemy into the air when there are a lot. Good luck on your next attempt.

Old 02-20-2009, 04:56 PM   #140
tremberz

tremberz's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameFreak47 View Post
Dante has plenty of moves to use, I'd say the problem with him is trying to figure out which ones to use.

Anyway with Nero, you need to always keep charge shot going. Shooting normally is useless with him, and you will need to be able to charge it up to level 3 in order to do any real damage with it. Seeing as how you will need your index finger in order to lock on to enemies, your going to have to keep your middle on RT for all of the Bloody Palace. A level 3 charge shot is a must against Blitzes and Fausts, but don't be afraid to let a shot off if one isn't going to pop up, it takes the weaker enemies out very quickly.

Also, are you using the sword's exceed? Anytime your against someone tough, using the exceed will let you do some crazy damage. Even if your not perfect with it, even getting one gauge can do some damage.

Other than that, the only other tips I can think of is go into DT whenever it's full, and knock an enemy into the air when there are a lot. Good luck on your next attempt.
Well, I finally did it!

For some reason, I found it fairly easy except the two blitz's they were fairly difficult. I had about 15 minutes left after I beat Dante, the first 30 levels I completed very quickly and without taking much damage.

Exceed is a real big help, after each round the timer stops so I filled the exceed bar to the third one, and during each round I used the exceed to my advantage as there is more power involved. As for shooting, I held down the X button ALL the time, as soon as I got the red arm I shot at an enemy which obviously causes them to explode. During blitz's and the ghosts I also used DT to add the blades fire at them for extra damage.

I would just like to say thanks for the wonderful Bloody Palace guide, it really helped me as I knew which enemies were coming up in future levels and then I knew whether or not to keep the DT gauge full so I can use it if the next level is tough. Also, the boss guides for Beriel also helped ver y much.

I cleared the Bloody Palace with some fair ease, my only advice would be to use Nero as his buster move is extremely effective, as well as the charged shot.

Gears of War Veteran

Old 03-18-2009, 05:53 PM   #141
HardyPunkda2d

Send a message via MSN to HardyPunkda2d

HardyPunk Da 2d's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome30 View Post
I love how Capcom always puts so many "extras" on their games. It makes me happy to get my 60 bucks out of it. Hats off to them for making a great game!!
ha 60? i got it for 20 brand new lol *not trying to brag*
HardyPunkda2d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 12:39 AM   #142
Sigma

Send a message via MSN to Sigma

Redwing Sigma's Gamercard
I always get into the 80's and die. I didn't know you could throw creados spears back though (I'm used to table hoping them) but I'll give it a try I guess.

-edit-

Just set my personal best. Died against danté. Shame really means I got 2 achievments instead of 5.

Last edited by Sigma; 04-01-2009 at 06:04 AM.
Sigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:25 PM   #143
dark lars

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardyPunkda2d View Post
ha 60? i got it for 20 brand new lol *not trying to brag*
probably cause the game is pretty old..
dark lars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 03:44 PM   #144
kibblemeister

kibblemeister's Gamercard
wow just finished it, couldnt believe it, finally lol, 2 hours 17mins of my life gone.. its quite easy up to level 80, for credo i just ran around and waited till he dashed torwards me to attack, i then air hiked twice to avoid his attack and used charge shot 3, every now and then i would go into devil trigger and surprise him, and thats it..

next the ones with all the armour devils (forgot the names) which dont seem to stop coming i just kept jumping and attacking downwards, worked a treat..

as for agnus, i just attacked him non stop, pretty easy to defeat him just go into devil trigger now and then and buster him and also to regain health if you do lose any, even if you lose a little.. as for the enemy he spawns i just avoided them, but do pay attention where they are..

lastly dante, piece of cake, just air hike and try snatch him into the air and the buster him down.. do this over and over again and you will eventually defeat him, try keep a little distance away from him, but enough to grab him with snatch..

level 80 upwards i always kept my health full by going into devil trigger, and also before starting every new stage i maxxed my exceed gauge.. that was my strategy, now onto the rest of the achievements
kibblemeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 08:29 PM   #145
masterkajo

masterkajo's Gamercard
Did I just die at stage 89 due to a Mega Scarecrow being in DT mode and attacking me? (I had almost full health)

I defeated the Blitz and the two other Mega Scarecrows and had plenty of time left... ARGH!!!
masterkajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 02:51 PM   #146
Asian47

Asian x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterkajo View Post
Did I just die at stage 89 due to a Mega Scarecrow being in DT mode and attacking me? (I had almost full health)

I defeated the Blitz and the two other Mega Scarecrows and had plenty of time left... ARGH!!!
If I remember correctly, from floor 81 onwards enemies go into DT like in DMD, but doesn't increase their damage by much. The only thing that really should be affected is their health, as they start to take a lot of damage.

Old 05-21-2009, 03:27 AM   #147
Viper187

NoLifeDGenerate's Gamercard
Well, I have 2 achievements left. The Bloody Palace and the million Proud Souls. I did the S ranks on Human-DMD difficulties over the weekend. I had run the Blooody Palace before with Super Dante just to play through. My first run with regular Nero got me to the floor with the 2 Blitz bastards before I ran out of time.

I dunno if it's the controller or just me, but my fingers hurt too much to try again right now. Maybe tomorrow.

Edit: Took me 3 tries today, but I finally got it. First time I got killed on the 85th (accidentally got grabbed by a near-death Blitz), Second time I just blew the 70th floor and died somehow. Third time I finally made it.

Last edited by Viper187; 05-23-2009 at 02:01 AM.
Viper187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 05:09 PM   #148
Barad
Back from Dubai!

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
great guide and easy to understand thx alot man!

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 01:46 AM   #149
SaW DEMON

xID4RK ANGELIx's Gamercard
Also something i found out, you`l probablly know this already but when you trigger your DT and start attcking your health goes up slowly but surely
SaW DEMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:50 PM   #150
Koto

Lil Lotte's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixion View Post
that is the problem I am having as well, I just keep running outta time around lvl 18 or so though, I just can't kill stuff fast enough without the super suit...

Extra special thanks Gackt for the awesome sig!
Koto is offline   Reply With Quote