PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Devil May Cry 4
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-01-2009, 03:12 AM   #151
Takamura Bear

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I had a bit of trouble with Bloody Palace at first, especially with running out of time. What I did was, every day, I would see how far I could get and also learn the enemy patterns and the tactics for killing them.

I think it's best to first play bloody palace with a super character, just so you get a grasp of all the stages and what to expect when you eventually play it legit. I also found that using Nero made it slightly easier to get through BP rather than Dante, but whatever suits you.

Anyway, several weeks ago I finally unlocked proud millionaire so I now have 1000/1000 in DMC4. I clocked in roughly 124 hours, and those were some of the hardest, most grinding hours I have ever spent in my gaming life.

I probably could have unlocked proud millionaire slightly earlier, but I didn't want to go through BP again, and so I just re-played several missions on DMD.

I've had a lot of fun with this game.
Takamura Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 07:14 AM   #152
Fayko

Fayko's Gamercard
Nice guide i got some more health droppers

Basilisk every time
u fight them at least once (unless your luck sucks) will drop health

Chimera Seed of course drop health when u rip them apart

and a blitz strat.
if your fighting a blitz with the Angelo(knights) the knights will always target the biltz if its closer and start attacking it if ur free on time just sit back with charge shot 2-3 and hit the blitz or knights its ur choice.Alto angelo will sometimes go for you first but if the biltz spawns near them they will attack it. This works for scarecrows aswell Blitz are very easy to take down if your not fighting a knight or a scarecrow target the other enemy first and just dodge the blitz when everything else dies hit it with charge 3.
Fayko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 01:09 AM   #153
Fron666

Fron666's Gamercard
oooohh c“mon!
44 bianco angelos??
i was scared when i killed bout 20 of “em...
i suppose that“s proof whether youre worthy or not...and i wasnt....
Fron666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 01:29 AM   #154
Fron666

Fron666's Gamercard
well its worse when you have a "power nirvana", feel like kickin everybody“s butt, and realize there are 44 bianco angelos and 2 gold ones on floor 99...not THAT“S shameful
Old 07-27-2009, 01:26 AM   #155
Fron666

Fron666's Gamercard
so....if you just finish the BP, you“ll get around 3 000 000 points?just like that?
Old 07-27-2009, 01:32 AM   #156
Fron666

Fron666's Gamercard
99th floor strategy

for anyone[like me] who needs this one.
as i saw in this guide,there are 2 alto angelo and 44 bianco angelos in 99th floor.
if youre having trouble, then do this: kill one of the altos, and begin to run around the edge,[sounds kinda silly but it worked 4 me] the alto will use the biancos as missiles,avoid them, and keep running. 4 more biancos will spawn after each "missile attack" so, just do that about 11 times[is faster than many would think]
the very first time i did it i finished with 1 alto and 1 bianco,just finish them and voilį
hope this can help
Old 08-19-2009, 06:25 PM   #157
I jcizzle I

I jcizzle I's Gamercard
Can I just add that although Gladius give health, Chimera Seeds give a substantial amount aswell, and you fight them befor the Gladius.

Also, has anyone got any tips on how to beat that god dam blitz on lvl 18
I can get him to go into red electricity, But thats about the time that I die. I don't have Super Nero/Dante becuase I only compleated Devil Hunter today, and am now on Son Of Sparda lvl 3.
I jcizzle I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 06:17 PM   #158
I jcizzle I

I jcizzle I's Gamercard
The move didn't work for me Gunslinger RB forward on LS and B all that happened was Pandora transformed into the circular gun with about 8 guns around him.
I jcizzle I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 09:59 PM   #159
YoshiExcel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fron666 View Post
for anyone[like me] who needs this one.
as i saw in this guide,there are 2 alto angelo and 44 bianco angelos in 99th floor.
if youre having trouble, then do this: kill one of the altos, and begin to run around the edge,[sounds kinda silly but it worked 4 me] the alto will use the biancos as missiles,avoid them, and keep running. 4 more biancos will spawn after each "missile attack" so, just do that about 11 times[is faster than many would think]
the very first time i did it i finished with 1 alto and 1 bianco,just finish them and voilį
hope this can help
freakin brilliant!!! thank you so much for posting this. i wasnt looking forward to this stage, but this made it TOO easy. =D
YoshiExcel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 09:29 AM   #160
Edgecrusher17

Belial 437's Gamercard
Thanks for the guide guys, though all I really used from it was remapping Nero's gun to LT (EXCELLENT idea might I say ) Just finished it tonight. My previous attempt, which was about a few months ago now, I only got to level 50 something. 2 achievements left to go and I'll finally have this done

Currently working on:

Conan: 550/1000
Condemned 2: 950/1000
Fallout 3: 1000/1550
Hexic: 155/200
Kameo: 1000/1000
(Ach: 41/50)
Left 4 Dead: 280/1250
Overlord: 1200/1250
Too Human: 410/1000
Edgecrusher17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 03:44 PM   #161
Fayko

Fayko's Gamercard
Blah i fucked up on agnus and dante kicked my ass *tear*

Working on:
Halo wars 74% | Left 4 Dead 80% | Devil may cry 4 67% |
Old 12-16-2009, 03:51 PM   #162
Fayko

Fayko's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by I jcizzle I View Post
Also, has anyone got any tips on how to beat that god dam blitz on lvl 18
I can get him to go into red electricity, But thats about the time that I die. I don't have Super Nero/Dante becuase I only compleated Devil Hunter today, and am now on Son Of Sparda lvl 3.
for dante switch to trickster and get the shotgun out jump and teleport all round him and shoot him in the face with shotgun if he is about to strike tap Up+B to tele away when his electric goes down switch to your sword and dash towards him with the sword. its the striker attack i think i forgot but when u get in his face you can either switch to the melee weapon and sword master combo him (b+b+b+b+b) or do this with the sword when he goes red pop him in face and he should die.

for nero just hit him with the pistols charged and range him till he gets down and then devil trigger and grab him 2 times. shoot him as he gets up and dead

Working on:
Halo wars 74% | Left 4 Dead 80% | Devil may cry 4 67% |
Old 04-09-2010, 11:30 AM   #163
nabs96

nabs90's Gamercard
hmmm.... I was wandering do you thiik it would be easier to play with Nero or Dante ina Srank run of Bloody Palace
Old 07-20-2010, 08:11 AM   #164
Mr Matty
Banned User

Wave 0 Of Horde's Gamercard
What difficulty setting are the enemy's at ? i got to level 20 and the boss seemed to take and 1/8 of my health bar with one hit
and i got health from a few rounds but blitz will need some practice on
Mr Matty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 12:09 AM   #165
Veil Of Seph

Veil Of Seph's Gamercard
If you beat Bloody Palace WITHOUT using super costume, it is an automatic S-rank. And i believe it begins at SOS difficulty, and eventually progresses to DMD around about stage 60 or 80, can't remember. Hope that helps.
Veil Of Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:30 PM   #166
Carpe Animus

Carpe Animus's Gamercard
Thanks this does seem quite difficult i got to level 20 then got destroyed by the Fire Demon so hopefully after reading this i will be able to defeat him alot easier and the 3 mill over points does seem like a feat and a half
Carpe Animus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 06:59 AM   #167
Mr Matty
Banned User

Heres the thing i hate dantes combat but he is the best for this mode
as you can just slash heres what i did just kept slashing them forward around the edge which keeps the other enemys off the screen and for beril when in d.t watch out for his feet
Old 08-07-2010, 06:28 PM   #168
DosuKinuta13

DosuKinuta13's Gamercard
A good strategy i found for beating Dante, using Nero, was to charge your gun up to a level 3 shot, and stand still. Dante will just slowly walk up to you, take a swing and him and he will counter with his Stinger move, jump out of the way, and shot him with the level 3 shot. Usually, he won't be able to dodge in time, and you take a good chunk of his health. The biggest problem i had with him was when he used his Royal Gaurd stance. He always countered me and killed me. However, i quickly learned that you can always 100% grab him with Nero if he is Royal Gaurd.
DosuKinuta13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 05:33 PM   #169
MrDrProfessor4

MrDrProfessor4's Gamercard
I tried Bloody Palace a number of times now. While using normal Nero, I got to stage 85 twice now and cannot beat the two Blitz. How is it even possible to beat both of them at once?
MrDrProfessor4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 07:32 PM   #170
VeNGeD

Captn Cabinet's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDrProfessor4 View Post
I tried Bloody Palace a number of times now. While using normal Nero, I got to stage 85 twice now and cannot beat the two Blitz. How is it even possible to beat both of them at once?
I'm not even sure if it works but I always tried to single them out, like get the other one off your screen and it seems he doesn't attack as often..

Obviously charge shot like crazy to make them vulnerable to your sword attacks, what I usually do is exceed streak(forward + Y attack) and then activate DT. Do that a few times then DT buster grab, after that when he goes red, back Y+B in DT.

That was the quickest way I could kill them but by this time you probably have your own methods. Just a suggestion though.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:16 PM   #171
frigo a legna

frigo a legna's Gamercard
hi.. what are the tricks to earn a very good ranking in the classification on the bloody palace?? the first 2-3 have foolish points (about 17.000.000).. how they do that?? no damage and sss combo ranks??

Last edited by frigo a legna; 08-30-2010 at 03:52 PM.
frigo a legna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:47 AM   #172
Mr Matty
Banned User

Enemys that drop health and floors you get health and magic on.
Per ten stages.

Key
Each Vitality Top -up/ Magic Top -up comes from killing all or A number of the listed enemy on that stage
() = Connect to the Enemy that holds the health /magic.
#= Dropped differently on different plays
Vitality = Green orbs= Health
Magic = White orbs = D.T

Stages 1 - 10
Stage 7 (Gladius x 6) Magic,
Stage 8 (Chimera Seed x 9) Large Vitality Top -up
Stage 9 (Chimera Seed x 9), Scarecrow x3 Large Vitality Top -up

Stages 10 - 20
Stage 15 (Bianco Angelo x2#), Alto Angelo x1 Small Health

Boss 20 Berial When defeated Full vitality Top -up

Stages 20 - 30
Stage 24 Assault x 3, (Basilisk x 4) Small Vitality top -up

Stages 30 - 40
Stage 31 (Chimera Seed x6), Mephisto x3 Medium Vitality Top -up
Stage 39 (Chimera Seed x9), Faust x1 Large Vitality Top -up

Boss 40 Bael When defeated Full Vitality Top -up

Stages 40 - 50
Stage 41 (health stage) Chimera Seed x9 Large Vitality Top -up
Stage 42 Chimera x5, (Chimera Seed x5) Medium Vitality Top -up
Stage 44 (Chimera Seed x6), (Gladius x6) Medium Vitality Top -up Medium Magic Top -up
Stage 46 Basilisk x2, (Chimera Seed x4) Small Vitality Top -up
Stage 47 (Chimera Seed x5), Bianco Angelo x2, Alto Angelo x1 Medium Vitality Top -up
Stage 48 Scarecrow x1, (Chimera Seed x6) Medium Vitality Top -up

Stages 50 - 60
Stage 50 Scarecrow x6, (Chimera Seed x12), Assault x4 Full Vitality Top -up
Stage 52 Scarecrow x3, (Gladius x8) Large - Full Magic Top -up
Stage 58 Mega Scarecrow x1, (Basilisk x5#) Small Vitality Top -up
Stage 59 Chimera x2, Mega Scarecrow x1, (Chimera Seed x4) Small Vitality Top -up

Boss 60 Echidna Full Vitality Top -up when defeated Medium Vitality Can be found by breaking open the seeds around the sides of the den. Small magic just 1 blue dot also from the seeds

Stage 60 -70
Stage 64 Bianco Angelo x1, (Gladius x6) Medium Magic Top -up Small Vitality Top -up

Stages 70 -80
Stage 71 (Gladius x16) Full magic Top up Medium Vitality Top up
Stage 72 Mega Scarecrow x1, (Gladius x9) Medium magic Top up Small Vitality Top up
Stage 73 (Gladius x8), Frost x1 Medium magic Top up Small Vitality Top up
Stage 76 Cutlass x4, (Gladius x8) Medium magic Top up Small Vitality Top up
Stage 77 (Basilisk x10) Usually 2 or 3 drop green orbs, Small Vitality Top up
Stage 79 Cutlass x2, Basilisk x2, (Gladius x4) Small Magic Top -up Tiny Vitality Top -up

Boss Angelo Credo Full vitality top up when defeated

Stages 80 -90
Stage 84 Chimera x4, (Chimera Seed x10) Large - Full Vitality Top -up
Stage 85 Blitz x2, (Chimera Seed x3) If you manage to survive the electrifying
Shocks of two blitz on this stage the Chimera seeds drop at the end Small Vitality Top -up
Stage 87 (Basilisk x4, Gladius x7) Large Magic Top up Small Vitality Top up

Stages 90 -101
Stage 90 Scarecrow x20, Mega scarecrow x3, Chimera Seed x3 Much like stage 85 the three seeds drop after all 23 enemys are defeated on this stage
Small Vitality Top -up
Stage 94 Chimera x3, (Chimera Seed x6), Bianco Angelo x2 Medium Vitality Top -up
Stage 95 Basilisk x16, Chimera Seed x4 Medium Vitality Top -up
Stage 96 (Gladius x8), Cutlass x3, Bianco Angelo x3 Large - Full magic Top up Medium Vitality Top up
Stage 98 Chimera x4, Chimera Seed x3 Small Vitality To -up Make the most of this health as the next stage you will need it.

Boss 100 Angelo Agnus Full Vitality Top -up when defeated + Full magic Also a top up of green and white orbs can be found by breaking the three cages in the room. if you need a top up in the fight with him

BOSS 101 Dante ( nothing)
if theres mistakes you can tell me hope this helps

Last edited by Mr Matty; 09-23-2010 at 11:06 AM.
Old 09-21-2010, 12:38 PM   #173
Starlight126

Starlight126's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Great, finally something useful in this thread.
I'd just add that on level 99 you have two choices: either fight as usual, or let the Alto send the Bianco to self destruct them on your character. If you choose the second one, nothing green; if you fight them and beat them normally (without abusing of their self destruction) on the contrary you will get some green orbs. So it's adviceable to take out one Alto, count how many Bianco are sent to self-destruction, and when there're few left, beat the Alto and start killing the Bianco as you prefer. That's just in order to have more health for Agnus. Otherwise, just refill at the 98th and spam some charged shots on the first Alto, dodge all the Bianco waves and more charged shots on the second Alto for an easy no-hurt.
Starlight126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 11:04 AM   #174
Mr Matty
Banned User

There are a few more enemys that drop health i was shocked lol at least 10 more stages drop small health ill add it later and for thoses wondering its hard to keep track of everything in one go so the list isnt complete
Old 09-27-2010, 12:13 PM   #175
V0rador

V0rador's Gamercard
I did a Bloody Palace run using normal Nero, didn't find it difficult but ran out of time on stage 85...

Tried again and set Gun Attack to RT... OMG, what a difference it made... I had over 20 mins stocked up before I got to stage 85....

Definately the way forward for anybody struggling with time like I did.
Old 12-04-2010, 06:06 PM   #176
BRWNGUY

SDF River's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by frigo a legna View Post
hi.. what are the tricks to earn a very good ranking in the classification on the bloody palace?? the first 2-3 have foolish points (about 17.000.000).. how they do that?? no damage and sss combo ranks??
Pretty much man. If you put in enough time into the game, especially BP, you develop strategies and methods to avoid damage and maximize your combos. I myself, after over 200+ hours of game play between two accounts, finally 1k the game. Some people of course take longer than others, but with enough diligence and hard work, you can eventually surpass your own expectations.
BRWNGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 07:35 PM   #177
Domme

ROBOENZA's Gamercard
I couldn't find it anywhere, so I just ask:
Which level are the enemies? SoS or even DMD?

Thanks.
Old 01-01-2011, 08:19 AM   #178
Wally Rizzle

Wally Rizzle's Gamercard
w00t

Thank you for this guide.. I was casually playing through not expecting to get anywhere as usual and then I kicked the two Blitz's butts and realized that I might actually beat it. Sure enough, with extremely tired hands, I spontaneously walked away with all BP achievements.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:07 PM   #179
Zander Soulwind

Zander Soulwind's Gamercard
I got to level 85 and then got killed by the two Blitz. >_< I hate those things and it's hard to attack one without the other getting in the way. It's not far to go so far just for it to end like that. T-T I'll keep at it though.
Zander Soulwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 11:42 PM   #180
Dante5380

Dante5380's Gamercard
How hard is this? I mean, near impossible or pretty normal, it just takes a really long time?