PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Batman: Arkham Origins > Initiation
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-10-2014, 12:15 PM   #1
MadMaxxx123

Send a message via ICQ to MadMaxxx123

MadMaxxx's Gamercard
Looks like we shouldnt wait for the patch anymore

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...arkham-origins

One word: bastards.
MadMaxxx123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 01:12 PM   #2
DNC Protoman

DNC Protoman's Gamercard
Nothing negative about this game suprises me. Avoid it at all costs.
DNC Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 01:28 PM   #3
Hybridchld

Hybridchld's Gamercard
Well they'll need another patch to add DLC flags for the new story DLC so they should be able to fix the broken DLC then which sounds somewhat likely from what they're saying.

Hard to tell one way or the other though.
Hybridchld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 02:16 PM   #4
intheshallow

Send a message via AIM to intheshallow

intheshallow's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I was debating on getting this game, but after reading that article, I don't even want to touch it. It's simply the fact that they only see the game as a cash-in and couldn't care less about making the people who bought the game happy.

Screw everything about that crap.

Currently Working On
:

On The Back Burner:

Rayman 3: HD

Giving up On:
Trials: Evolution &
Ninja Gaiden II
intheshallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 03:34 PM   #5
HalfEVILmonkey

HalfEVILmonkey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNC Protoman View Post
Nothing negative about this game suprises me. Avoid it at all costs.
The DLC achievements can still be unlocked offline. It isn't the end of the world in my opinion. I feel for people that had freezes and losing all progress though.
Old 02-10-2014, 04:01 PM   #6
DNC Protoman

DNC Protoman's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfEVILmonkey View Post
The DLC achievements can still be unlocked offline. It isn't the end of the world in my opinion. I feel for people that had freezes and losing all progress though.
I know the dlc achievements can be unlocked with the offline workaround. I was fortunate enough not to purchase DLC for this joke of a game.
DNC Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 05:34 PM   #7
cannibalx666x

Maybe the least they could do is to refund the cash that people spent on Season Pass? I mean, if someone went in and bought a TV from a store and it broke instantly, the shop would replace it instantly, or refund the cash!!
cannibalx666x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 07:27 PM   #8
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfEVILmonkey View Post
I agree with this. Although I never experienced Single Player issues, I feel for those who did and will continue do to so due to WB's fucked up mindset about their game.

Thanks to Xerofox for the romantically rambunctious signature!

Currently Playing: Halo: The Master Chief Collection
~ HALO IS LOVE, HALO IS LIFE ~
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 08:29 PM   #9
kiedis1984

kiedis1984's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by cannibalx666x View Post
Maybe the least they could do is to refund the cash that people spent on Season Pass? I mean, if someone went in and bought a TV from a store and it broke instantly, the shop would replace it instantly, or refund the cash!!
If you brought a faulty TV you would get a refund for the faulty product but not your subscription fee for HBO or netflix!

The season pass (and the cost of) has nothing to do with the bugs and faults on the disc based content on the game. The season pass is to save money on the price of downloadable content.

The only reason why Wii U users got a refund was because they pulled out the story DLC from the platform.
kiedis1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 08:48 PM   #10
dkykong

dkykong's Gamercard
I hope this article isn't actually addressing they have no intentions on fixing the Initiation DLC achievement unlock issue, because if it is that is absolute bullshit. I don't care if there is an offline "workaround" method. I have a 100% gamerscore with time stamps on all my achievements, yes you could say I'm "anal", but nonetheless, why should i have to put up with their shortcomings? If you're going to release DLC that you charge paying customers, at least make sure it is fully functional without any problems, and if there are problems at least address them and fix them before focusing all your resources to the next DLC. That's just being money hungry which is unfortunate because the Arkham series is one of my favorite franchises and it just saddens me to see it head down that direction. I really hope someone can really get through to them and get them to realize this is unacceptable and they need to resolve this issue properly.

End vent.
Old 02-11-2014, 09:08 PM   #11
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Staff Club - rekikire   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Artist of the Month   Community Gaming - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkykong View Post
I really hope someone can really get through to them and get them to realize this is unacceptable and they need to resolve this issue properly.
If you and every other person who's had problems with the game agree to talk people out of buying new copies, not give WB any more money for DLC or even that Arcade port of Arkham Origins: Blackgate they've recently announced, they will take notice.

So, unless you're speaking with your wallet, WB cannot hear a word you're saying.
Jack Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 11:12 PM   #12
dkykong

dkykong's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Frost View Post
If you and every other person who's had problems with the game agree to talk people out of buying new copies, not give WB any more money for DLC or even that Arcade port of Arkham Origins: Blackgate they've recently announced, they will take notice.

So, unless you're speaking with your wallet, WB cannot hear a word you're saying.
Well, the fact is the DLC achievement issue probably is only an issue to those that care about time stamps on their achievements which I'm sure isn't a very large demographic. I assume most people who have complained have already come around to doing the offline "workaround" method to get their achievements. I'm going to continue to wait for a possible patch for at least till the new DLC to arrive. Unfortunately even if i choose to not purchase the DLC, thousands of other players will probably end up buying it considering the Initiation DLC glitch i can imagine doesn't bother enough players to make a noticeable difference.
Old 02-12-2014, 12:48 AM   #13
HalfEVILmonkey

HalfEVILmonkey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Frost View Post

Sorry for the off-topic question...did they announce that Blackgate is coming to XBLA? I hadn't read that anywhere.

EDIT: Just found it. It will be hard for me to avoid getting this, but after what WBM did with the lack of game support, I gotta pass on it.